1.3 from 1,355 reviews

1,191

Solar reading failed and just done an estimate

Had my first quarterly bill with EnergyAustralia and also a new solar system installed which is a 6.6kw system. I received a bill which I should have been in credit for. Instead of re reading the meter they just left. Finally got onto them and getting a re read tomorrow. Fingers cross it actually comes in credit.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Very Poor Customer Service

I'm on a secure saver plan but it seems that the rates are not really secure. My rates seemed to have gone up during the contract period. Furthermore, my meter has been replaced and it's on 24 hour peak so I'm paying peak rates all the time. The worst thing is that when I started ringing Energy Australia, they seem not to be able to answer very basic questions about the plan. My issue is still unresolved and ringing Energy Australia takes ages to get connected. I can only assume that it must be dealing with a lot of issues. They promised to ring me in the next 5 days. I'm not a very happy customer especially being told "you have rang a few times already". Of course , I said, because it hasn't been resolved!

Issues promptly resolved

Issue resolved thanks to complaint to Management at Energy Australia. Now on the right plan for both gas and electricity. Always check your bills for extra charges and tariffs four your plan.

Gregory Segal
Gregory Segal

Hi I called today and got my issue resolved.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Very happy to hear that you are on the right plans. - Raqual

lack of customer experience-New Customer

Trying to get a connection to new build. Questions will take 20 minutes (I am at work) and ONLY oper 8-5 to me customer services IS NOT their strong point. Was considering total package solar, battery and gas though on bottles so maybe not

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Jay

JayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not so satisfied

The billing errors and issues surrounding their meter reading few years ago, which resulted us in leaving Energy Australia, was poorly handled. However the refund they told us we were owed was easy enough to sort and took just few minutes via Live Chat today (2/10/19). Though I have yet to receive the funds, as it takes 3-5 business days. I'm also positive the amount owed to me was much more but who really has the time to seek out meter reading records and calculate actual amount?

Elaine

ElaineNorth Western Region, NSW

Extremely poor service

I have called the 133466 number and twice got disconnected after getting through to some one. The online chat too an hour and that also disconnected me
My bill address was changed without my knowledge and no one is interested in restoring the original billing address.
Now a company with atrocious service!!

If I could rate this company a Zero I would

Krista

KristaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

poor customer service

three phone calls in 1 week..promised a call back and still waiting. 20 mins talking and then cut off...no call back. 13 mins waiting to speak to a supervisor and my problem is still unresolved. Pathetic how many calls should it take ?

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Bad customer service over the phone

I gave them a call at 12:49 on 25/09/19 asking about my existing solar system. The female staff over the phone was rude. Not sure whether they have a feedback system at the end of each phone call.

Every time i called them, the calls were either ok, or not helpful, or unpleasant.

ServicesSolar Buy-Back
Nick M.

Nick M.Northeast, VIC

Terrible rates and appalling customer service

After more than 4 years with them It took me nearly 25 minutes on the phone to try and get an new up to date electricity price and they were still way off. The bills crept up slowly for years and I was only offered better after I had left. Found a far better rate with 5 minutes on the internet. These big companies don’t give a toss about existing customers.

Dishonest to the core

Gas readings fabricated to maximise peak pricing. Should have changed retailers a few years ago when I first noticed this. Recently changed retailers and energy australia’s final reading has overestimated usage significantly. Can’t be bothered disputing because they lie to cover up their scam. Just glad I will no longer be dealing with them. Evidence? daily usage post final reading almost half that claimed in their final bill, although no change in gas usage. Beware their dishonesty.

Viviane

I have not received a bill from my new retailer as yet although know it will be much less. I was referring to my gas meter readings. Just a shame you can’t be honest. Please don’t bother replying.

Viviane

I urge all customers to regularly check their gas meters and record to catch you out. I look forward to the day I hear about a class action!

Unexpected Gas Bill Hike

I have been paying for Gas at an estimated value quarterly. The first time a representative checks on site? The bill goes up $1000. Why? Unexpectedly this has ruined my savings. There is nothing on the invoice to make the clarification as to why my bill has spiked to consumption at a 1630% increase and I find this to be completely unfair. Hypothetically if this was to make up for payment in arrears, Energy Australia would benefit by elaborating on that rather than give what could possibly be a manufactured MJ/day count.

Ripped off

I have had electricity and gas with Energy Australia for 5 years. Due to a very high recent bill i rang the company and found out there has been different plans available over the last 5 years,( including a recent one that wouldve saved me nearly 10%) but despite having email bills, i have been notified of NONE of these, nor i have i seen any advertising. Very poor customer support , and despite being loyal to this company, i feel completely ripped off!!

Lynnette

I rarely watch commercial tv , listen to commercial radio and have received no advertising from energy Australia. Online. So how was I supposed to find out about your deals unless you notifed me?

C.t

C.tMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bad service and a bill I am struggling to pay.

I moved into my place about 4 years ago and it is just a small unit before I knew I was being slugged giant amounts that as a low income earner am struggling to pay and I don't know why they are so high I study and am usually out all day I switch all non essential things off but just keeps getting higher and they have been little help to find out why I'm swapping I should have never signed up with this company I'll pay their giant bill off.

Emily S

Emily SCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Better than Lumo Energy

I swapped over from Lumo Energy in October of 2018 and haven't had any major issues such as drop outs and love how interactive the mobile app is, it allows me to monitor and get on top of my bills.

Love the on time payment discount makes this mumma feel better about saving $$$.

Incompetent workers

Shyamali J

Shyamali JMELBOURNE

Do not Move with Contraction Time Energy Company - Energy Australia

Abysmal company with incompetent staff

They tried to charge us for dates we weren't even contracted. When we complained their staff were aggressive and hard to understand. Even after sending evidence that they acknowledged receipt of, they then claimed not to have received it and were still trying to bill me for days we weren't contracted. I've switched and won't be back

Goodbye Energy Australia!!!

kilslatSydney Surrounds, NSW

Appalling!!!! - $810 bill for empty apartment

kilslat

Thank you EnergyAustralia for resolving this issue.

Snoopyasked

I have just moved my account to Energy Australia. I would like to know how long it takes for the app to show my energy use. I have a smart meter, I downloaded the app a week ago and their is no usage showing and also my account is not showing my husbands concession.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Snoopy, thank you for your enquiry. If your meter is a remotely read smart meter, the data on the MyAccount portal and mobile App should reflect up to a 3 to 4 days prior to todays date. We update the data 2 to 3 times a week. I am happy to look into this further for you, if you wish to email your details to help@energyaustralia.com.au. Thanks, Matt.

Snoopy

Matt, I was able to speak to Helen from Energy Australia and she assured me that as I had just received today an email saying my account was up and running it still may take 24-48 hours to show may smart meter usage. I will check in a couple of days. Thank-you for responding.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

I am glad to read that you have been in contact with our call centre staff and advised that your account is active with us. I would also like to assist by making sure the concession is correctly added if this was not discussed previously. If you wish to discuss further, please do not hesitate to mail me at help@energyaustralia.com.au. Thanks, Matt :)

kathyasked

You explain why my bill is over 800 dollars for 2 months you thiefs

Hi Kathy,

I am very sorry you have received an unexpected bill amount.

I would like to investigate this and offer further assistance.

We can't assist via this channel due to privacy concerns.

As advised by Hayley in your previous question, could you please e-mail help@energyaustralia.com.au including, Full Name, date of birth and the service address?

- Kat

kathy

I have a solar gas hot water 160litre system ,with 24litre solar backup,I have zoned heating,I have a gas electric stove and oven,wash in cold water,and have a gas log heater,run my central heating on 18 to 22,if I'm not using that I use my gas log heater,my house is just on 8 months old,I live on my own my bills in feb March and April 123 dollars last 6 months 750,next bill I received was 858,why I'm differently getting you all investigated that's over 425 a month my house is a energy savings home so why are my bills 4 times the price

Hi Kathy,

I understand your concern and appreciate the above information and investigation you have done.

We are unable to assist via this public forum specifically to your account and bills.

If you wish to discuss your account in specific please e-mail help@energyaustralia.com.au including, Full Name, date of birth and the service address.

- Kat

kathyasked

Has anyone been sent a bill a month later after paying one in July,paid the bill on the 29th july ,The bill I received today was 16th Aug to 15 November this is a joke we are in August,please check the dates on your bills I'm not happy

Henry
Henry

Hi Kathy, I have experienced additional bills that also make no sense in regard to time frames. I contacted them only to be forwarded back and forth to different departments from the Philippines to India and back again. I have now cancelled my account and gone elsewhere due to the high level of poor service. I suggest you follow suit. Good luck with it all.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Kathy, I am really sorry that you have received 2 bills so close together. I would really like the opportunity to look into why this has happened and see if I can help.

Can you please email your details to help@energyaustralia.com.au including, account number address and date of birth? We will investigate and respond to you.

Thanks, Hayley.

kathy

Your a pack of rip offs I'm going to the abudsman your the worst company I have ever dealt with now I have close to a 900 dollar bill your thiefs

Get an answer from our members and EnergyAustralia representatives

CategoryEnergy Providers