EnergyAustralia

EnergyAustralia

• Rates and Fees

Liz

Liz

Horribly team. I canceled my plan with them right away

overcharging customers

I have received a bill 5 times more than our usual bill that we had last 8 years. I complained but no success so going to switch the provider. very disappointed

Hojo

HojoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awful service

I had both elec and gas with EA and I accidentally paid the elec bill twice. I asked for a refund (it was $490) and after finally being able to talk to someone I was told it would take 3-5 business days - effectively a full week to reverse an online card charge. Ludicrous and should be illegal.

Hamid

HamidSydney, NSW

One Star is really high for Energy Australia

I've been a victim of Energy Australia fraud actions for 6 years and have them benefit of a doubt many times.
This time when I moved from my property I received a new electricity bill with a new account number for the same address, period of time and metre number!!!! So they expect me to pay around $1200 for almost 9 months again!
It is not the first time that I've received irrelevant bills from them, but this time is the last time.

I've gathered enough documents for the last 6 years and have sent some to the Four Corners program to see if they are interested in investigations.

Incompetence reaches new levels

We have 6 users on our property
We needed a new Switchboard
Energy Australia needed to install a new meter
They were unable to make the required date in spite of weeks notice
Agreed to install a week later on 17 November
No luck and no excuse
Currently borrowing power from neighbours
Hope they don’t abandon me
At least I feel a bit better getting this off my chest
I guarantee they won’t give a toss

Terrible customer service

Horrible customer service, the staff keep saying no without listening to me. Charging me for extra days from old house that I moved out from. 0 respect. I would give 0 star if I could.

ServicesElectricity

They don't honour contracts!!

My Secure Saver gas contract was terminated 4 months early and I was put on a more expensive plan despite my protests. The same I was told will happen with my electricity bill. I am now looking at moving to another provider after 10 years with Energy Australia. Should be investigated.

ServicesGas
Sharon

SharonGippsland, VIC

Charging me for a bill that isn't even mine

Charging me a Electricity bill, isn't even mine never been with them. Tried to sort it out very unhelpful and offered a payment plan instead. Very unhappy indeed! better listening skills would do this company wonders.

Rebecca

Rebecca

Terrible Customer service and $

I was with them for years, we had an increase of 40% in our bill. When we phoned them they said we could go to the salvation army and ask them to help pay. We changed providers, only to receive messages from Energy Australia, offering money off our next bill and a discounted rate.

Dave

DaveSydney Surrounds, NSW

STILL ON HOLD

Was informed a 3 to 5 minute wait to "speak to a blah blah". Still listening to the same message 29 minutes later..... Am moving to Enova anyway. No more coal and smoke

Norma7

Norma7AU

Multiple bills- delayed fees

Was with energy australia for 6 months. Told them i was moving out so they could send me the final bill, ended up with 3 different bills with late payment fees on all of them. They made something so simple over complicated and couldnt barely tell me why i was charged extra for their mistake.
Terrible customer service

George

GeorgeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible. Terrible.

shiv

shiv

The most dodgiest gas supplier I dealt with

kathyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Getting out

Reema C.

Reema C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Yuk!!!! Your not there to help aussies

Disgusting they lie and say We don’t do credit check it doesn’t matter. Then they decline u with no help. Why cheat a person into applying only to refuse after I cried to you people for help ?!!!!! Yuk yuk yuk

Terrible, stay away!

This is the worst provider in the market.

In our case, the damaged meter has never been replaced which resulted in not being able to transfer our account to a different provider - one year and a half, and we-re still going with this issue. False bills were presented, random billing cycles and no track of the history of our issues and concerns what so ever. Same questions every time, an absolute lack of accountability. When problems raised over the phone - never-ending transfers from one clueless consultant to another.

Peter

PeterSydney Surrounds, NSW

Shocking to deal with

I am an electrician and recently filled out on line forms requesting a new meter to installed for a job. The Main Switch Board was ready and prepared in the manner they required.

They wrote back to me and said the address was wrong as it did not coincide with the network database and the meter No. was wrong. Checked address was correct and found Network Database was not up to date. Supplied the address they required and sent pictures of the meters clearly showing the numbers.

Despite several follow up emails they have not bothered to respond and meter has still not been installed after approx 6 weeks.

Given a choice I would not go near this mob.

Petradanagger

PetradanaggerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

MONEY-SUCKING ENERGY PROVIDER

Not worth giving them even half-star. Money sucking energy provider who based their bill from the average household consumption and not from the actual metre reading. Called them 3x to get an explanation about why my bill is too high and making no sense at all. You give them the metre reading, they write a different one in the bill. I feel like their answers are scripted. I have to wait for the next billing period until this provider is changed. I have to put up another 3 months with Energy Australia.

Resa

ResaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst Provider Ever!

Moved in 4 days without power. They’re asking me to stay in the unit and wait for them to install. They never did. After 4 days I called again but they keep telling me to wait in the property. The distributor said they came at 10:45pm but they never came. They told they will charge me for after office hours installation. What. Worst service ever..

Jake

JakeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never had an issue

Never had an issue with Energy Australia. Bills are quite cheap and at the end of the day providers do the same thing. Go for what is cheapest as long as it works.