EnergyAustralia
1.3 from 1,288 reviews

Thieves

Connected with Gas and Electricity, credit card payments so never late. Thought it was strange someone rang up offering 21% discount. "aren't I already being looked after?", "yes was the reply". Clearly I was not. Gas Bill at $374.62, changed to Momentum at $191. On the iselect site Energy Australia could do my invoice at $193. Amazing when you want to change. Can't believe I have been ripped a new one for so long. Thanks Energy Australia.

ServicesGas
Hi Simon, I am really sorry you found a better deal eslwhere, Perhaps the seasonality also played a factor in the bill decrease. May i reccomend when using compare tools that you add in your daily average usage of the current bill, this way you will have a better idea of what you will be paying for that seasons bill when it rolls around again. Please email me at help@energyaustralia.com.au if there is anything I can help you with. - Steph

very unethical and poor customer experience

They are offering $50 credit per account (electricity and gas) to some one who joins. I have joined them since Jan'2019 and I never received this credit. also the charges they charge are ridiculous. when I enquired about the $50 credit and why it was never offered to me - they didn't have any appropriate response rather then - we can't apply that credit on to your account. very poor experience. would never ever recommend to anyone.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Krunal, I am really sorry you didn't receive a $50 credit. In order to take up these offers you will need to switch your plan to that offer. All of our plans are available on our website, new and existing customers can switch - StephHi Steph. Thanks for your reply. But just FYI i have cancelled my electric account with you because of same reasons and also paid the last final bill. After talking to dispute resolution team they gave me credit for gas plan because i still have last bill to pay. But because i have already paid for my elec i am not eligible.. i mean are you guys for real?? So its my fault to pay my bills on time. Have i not paid my bill for elec you guys would have given me that $50 credit for elec. See what you guys can do otherwise i will still take this further and post it on social mediaHi Krunal, I am sorry for the confusion and what has occurred. I am happy to assist if you would like to send through your account details in an email to help@energyaustralia.com.au. Thanks, Matt.

Poorest customer service

We have been customers of Energy Australia all our lives. Recently we sold one of our properties and organised for a final reading to be done. Energy Australia were too lazy to read the meter and instead provided an estimate.

ServicesElectricity
Hi there, I'm sorry that we were not able to read your meter. If you would like to send an email with your details to help@energyaustralia.com.au I'd be happy to assist. - NickHi Nick, I have sent you 4 emails regarding this and the responses clearly indicate that I am dealing with a call center that has to refer everything and don't read the detail. Perhaps when I start cancelling the other accont you might take notice.Hi There, In some cases to resolve your query we do need to have it raised to other areas. We would really like to look into this for you, if you can please email us at help@energyaustralia.com.au - Hayley

Terrible service provider, multitudes of red tapes, not good for businesses and investment!

I work for developers and always have to set up electrical services connection for new developments. This company is terrible in terms of helping new projects getting services connections. I tried to apply for their services connection but they gave multitudes of knock backs, and multitude of requests from other authorities and agencies! These are totally unnecessary red taps that does not help business-case investments! If I had other service providers to turn to, I would never ever use this guys! I just turned away from them for my personal use as well!

ServicesElectricity
Hi there, I am so sorry to hear of the poor experience you have had in getting a connection set up and it is disappointing to hear you have left us on your personal account due to this aswell. I would like to look into this further for you and see if we can get this sorted out. Can you please email us at help@energyaustralia.com.au and we will investigate and respond. Kind Regards, Hayley.

The worst customer service ever

I have been trying to get a Manaul letter sent me since last Wednesday but every time i speak to their customer service i am advised that the letter will be emailed to me within 24-48 hours and i still haven’t received it yet.

The worst customer service ever.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Bariz, I'm sorry that you haven't received the letter as promised. If you would like to send aan email with the details to help@energyaustralia.com.au I'll be happy to look into it. -Nick

First time service disappoints customer

I received the first gas bill with estimated readings. I submitted the actual reading via their website (please do not set up such function if it does not help the customer at all), got a general response email saying they acknowledged this and will generate the amended bill within 5 business days. Then nothing came back. I contacted the service team several times, asking me to take photo of the meter and then email to their enquiry team. And I did so. Then again, long waiting period. Finally after two weeks I received the reply, saying the reading I sent is in line and not requiring to be reissued at the moment (they say it's the update from their specialised team). Basically they mean there is nothing they will do and still charge a higher bill than what I actually consumed. Then instead of playing around, tell me at the beginning that EA won't adjust the bill. Will leave with dissatisfaction.

ServicesGas
Hello Bella. I am very sorry you have had to chase up about your estimated bill many times. We definitely do not want to charge you on an estimated meter reading that is higher than what your meter is reading. Could you please e-mail your account details to help@energyaustralia.com.au. I will be able to look into your previous correspondence with EnergyAustralia further investigate this. - Kat

Extremely poor billing system & onshore/offshore customer service.

I connected electricity in December 2018. I had various issues with billing, which included being charged for electricity even though it was not even turned on at the meter.
I paid my entire bill well before the due date, however, the system still went in and debited my card for full amount. This left my account in a debit state with the bank.
I needed help to resolve this today, onshore senior management said there's nothing they can do to help, wait for the authorisation to go through and then they'll reverse or contact bank. Contacted the bank and they advised EA can place request to remove authorisation. Contacted EA to advise of bank process to remove card authorisation. Offshore management adv they are not authorised to send this to the bank and it would need to go all the way to the top. Yep! The treasury department. The treasury department needed me to proove there was an authorisation on by bank statement (even though I was in credit with them by over $100). Anyway. I humoured them and sent the statement to be advised the treasury department has a 1 business day turnaround on reply (This was urgent, i had my car loan payment coming out and needed food for the weekend). The management team had no way of contacting this mysterious department within EA, only by email.
Get with the times energy Australia!. Your systems, processes and People are outdated.
You don't empower your people to help customers, Its full of burocracy and you're not customer centric.
Pay attention CEO. Do your job by fixing the issues.

ServicesElectricity
Hello Andrew, I am sorry to hear of this poor experience you have had with EnergyAustralia and your payments. I really appreciate the feedback you have provided in regards to this situation. I hope this has now been sorted for you and your money returned back to your account. If this is still unresolved and to assist could you please send me your account details including your Full Name and Address to help@energyaustralia.com.au - Kat

Empty promises

I had solar panels installed 28th March to a new build house with smart meter. EA told me re-configuration of the meter would be done remotely by 22/4. I followed up on progress 17/4 and Pam said she'd look into it and call straight back. Nothing heard. Hours later I called and spoke to Kim. She told me the company, Vector rejected the request 9/4 as EA didn't complete the request properly. Request was re sent and due to EA error Vector promised to have reconfiguration done in 5 days (22/4). Kim promised to confirm when done. 30/4 Heard nothing. I spoke to JK who rang Vector - just a few more days. 20/5 spoke to Viv & he spoke to 'the Manager' at Vector - 'they haven't processed the request properly' but the manager will escalate, follow up personally today & Viv will confirm by noon 21/5. 22/5 Nothing heard. Spoke to Alex who offered to follow up & get back to me. He seemed genuine but we are getting nowhere. I asked to speak to a supervisor and spoke to Matthew - 2IC. He's escalated, will follow up and get back to me in the morning. 23/5 Nothing heard. Spoke to Neha. Matthew has gone for the day. No updated notes on my file. She will follow up with Matthew tomorrow and get back to me. A total of 5 people at EA have told me they would follow up and get back to me. Not a single one has. My hopes are now with Neha. I'm wondering if they aren't able to make outgoing calls - but Matthew was to have emailed me,,,, Easy to blame Vector, but EA staff have failed miserably, over and over. This really is pathetic - and I'm really disappointed. Neville

ServicesElectricity
Hello Neville. I am very sorry to hear about the experience you have had with EnergyAustralia at the time of building your new home. This should be an exciting time for yourself. I would like to personally look into your previous contacts with EnergyAustralia and why you have had to contact back many times to try and resolve your concerns. I am happy to coordinate with our Solar Team and give you a call-back myself tomorrow. Please e-mail your account details to help@energyaustralia.com.au I hope to hear from you Neville and get this resolved ASAP. - Kat

Useless company and setup. They really need to rethink their direct debit system

Even when bill is payer they still take out the direct debit when the my account they have states 00000. This is just on Elect. Useless service support took 3 months to connect and even stated every number on metre were stupid. Useless company and setup. They really need to rethink their direct debit as it affects all people who struggle with its cost. You can pay and they will still direct debit your account even when you owe nothing more. It is run by idiots and most likely owned by an idiot who just parks his butt making top dollar for screwing over people

ServicesElectricity
Hi Kane, thank you for your feedback about our direct debit process. I have passed this on as feedback to the relevant department. I would like to offer my assistance if you have any further enquiries or any unresolved issues with us. If you wish to discuss further, please send your details through to help@energyaustralia.com.au - Thanks, Matt.

Online system does not work at all

The online system that is linked by their emails does not work. It always says card rejected by bank. All the cards, each time. But when you call in, and the automated phone system picks it up for payment (pressing all the buttons, slow and annoying) then the payment goes right through. Such incompetence on the online system that it never works, ever.

ServicesElectricity
Good afternoon Greg, I am sorry to hear that the payments are not working for you through using the 'Pay your bill' button on our email bills. I will be passing this on to be looked into on our end and thank you for providing the feedback. In the meantime, if you would like to discuss further or have any further questions, please send the details through to help@energyaustralia.com.au - Thanks, Matt.

Worst Company Ever!!!!!!

SO SO SO many issues with this dam company that still hasn’t been resolved yet over the past YEAR everytime it says it will fixed but bloody isn’t!!!!!!! So sick of it! I just want to speak to someone who actually knows what they are doing! Do not go with this company!!!

ServicesElectricity
Hi Emily, I am sorry to hear of your experience with us and not having the issue resolved over such a length of time. I would like to offer my assistance. If you wish to discuss further, please email myself through help@energyaustralia.com.au with your details. Thanks, Matt.

Worst customer service ever

We had outstanding balance of $20k to be paid, and this been accumulated over many months due to poor billings. But the customer officer wasn't even ready to listen, while speaking he just said line will be cut off instead of paying. Very poor treatment

ServicesElectricity
Hello Maria. This is very very concerning about the line being cut-off and I am very sorry your could not get assistance from our contact centre. If you require assistance with your bills you can e-mail myself at help@energyaustralia.com.au. I would really like to look into this phone call and hope to hear form yourself. - Kat

WARNING. Arrogant. Worst company I have ever dealt with. Hoping they go broke ASAP. Wish I could give a "NO STAR"

I have been messed around for about six months trying to get a solar meter installed. $10,000, 11Kw system. No continuity in EA paperwork system. Answers vary with each phone call. Ask for a supervisor and they simply hang up on you. Stalling tactics are always in their favour as once system is online their revenue drops. They asked for paperwork (email) they confirmed they were in possession of, which had by the way, been in their possession for well over 5 months. Today I was told "another 15 working days" That will take it into 7th month. They have cost me over 10% of the cost of my system in FIT already. Only ombudsman (EWON) complaint has made small headway. They have lied to EWON on multiple occasions. I have lost whole days on the phone on hold. They intentionally roadblock all attempts to install a meter. And if they "estimate" a reading you can't even get out. I paid about $100 for a "special meter read"just to get away from them. Do yourself a favour, go elsewhere, anywhere, Enova, DCPOWERCO, etc.

The last thing I said to them was:
Is there anything I can do (legally) to accelerate the demise of Energy Australia?

ServicesElectricity
Hi there, I am so sorry for the terrible experience you have had in trying to get a solar meter installed. This is absolutely not the kind of experience we wan't for anyone and I am terribly sorry that you had to seek assistance from a third party to try and get a resolution. It is sad to hear that because of this you have chosen to go elsewhere but we appreciate the time you have taken to provide this feedback. Please feel free to email us at help@energyaustralia.com.au if you wish to provide any further feedback. - HayleyYou people just don’t get it do you. Cookie cutter answers rather than resolving the issue.As mentioned above we are happy to discuss this further if you email us at help@energyaustralia.com.au - Hayley

Warning Re Energy Australia. Terrible Service. Am Going Elsewhere.

Received our latest gas bill.
Bill states our gas usage has increased 71% since this time last year.
I suspect a meter leak, as our meter was routinely replaced a few months ago.
Called EA for assistance, but they refuse to help, stating that they are unable to confirm my identity (apparently my D.O.B does not match what they have on file). I have used the same identity details for decades as a customer without issue previously. My D.O.B. has not changed. Problem is at their end.
EA insist that I have to email a copy of my drivers licence to their call centre in the Phillipines before they will help. I have no means of doing this. Their call centre connection drops out, and they call me back on my mobile phone, but still refuse to assist or believe my identity without a copy of my drivers licence.
Worst service ever. We will be switching to a new supplier ASAP.
I agree with all the other reviews that EA service appears to be at an all time low.

ServicesGas
Good Afternoon Betty. I am very sorry to hear about this poor experience. I completely understand your Date Of Birth does not change and I am unsure why would not be matching. We do need to confirm a point of ID in order to update these details if they’re are incorrect. You may e-mail myself at help@energyaustralia.com.au This inbox is actioned by our Social Team which are onshore and we would be happy to assist yourself. Alternatively you can e-mail the e-mail with your contact details and I can organise someone from my team to contact you over the phone to discuss and hopefully resolve your concerns. Hope to hear from you. - KatThanks Kat, I have already emailed the address you suggested (help@energyaustralia.com.au). Unfortunately all it resulted in was yet another phone call from the Philippines and two emails, containing incorrect/conflicting advice in response to my complaint. It appears that nobody at EA seems to know what is going on. I would be happy to discuss this with you in person if you could please let me know what number to call. Thank you.Hi Betty, The inbox for help@energyaustralia.com.au is managed by an onshore team. If you can please send through your details to that email we will respond to you. Unfortunately, we do not have a direct line for you to call. - Hayley.

EA will not budge even when they are wrong. Be careful.

Have been using EA for over two years, but things seem different in 2019. They promised me a 43% pay on time discount for my Solar/Electric going into 2019. I had called them in Dec 2018 to confirm this, and they even have a record of that call.
The 43% discount suddenly dropped to the standard 25% when I received my first bill in 2019. After raising the issue earlier this week, one of their supervisors retrieved the conversation from Dec 2018. The outcome was that the consultant back then had “misunderstood” me and thought I was talking about something else. Either way, I know it’s a big fat lie, they were trying to see if I had made a mistake in audio of the Dec 2018 call. They could not find anything mistake, so they blamed the poor consultant and their system. The customer service experience seems changed in 2019, like it’s moved overseas or something.
Please be careful with what/how you handle your conversation with EA - they record everything and will try and use it against you. Take your business elsewhere with a more honest supplier, I know I definitely will.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Jezza, I am really sorry if you have lost your discount of 43%. Can you please email your details to help@energyaustralia.com.au, please include your full name, account number, address and date of birth. Once I have this I will investigate further for you to see why this has changed. Thanks, Hayley.

Much better than before

Before I found them to be similar to the others. Not that bad but often the price would start low and then jump unexpectedly. I went on a plan where they said they would give me a low rate and keep me on a low rate and so far it has worked out well as I am still on a good rate after 18 months or so. Call centre is good too.

ServicesGas
Hi there Fred :) I really appreciate the time you've taken to provide this amazing review Great to receive 5/5 stars. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything, happy to help out anytime! Have a great day. - Kat

SALES STAFF FOR ENERGY AUSTRALIA

Good afternoon,
I just had one of your Sales Staff contact me on the phone. I simply asked her what the Tariff rates were that went along with the Pay on time percentages, and she ignored the question. I politely asked her the same question again and she hung up on me. Maybe inform your Sales Staff better so they can answer simple questions. And to be hung up on from a simple question, is Really Bad Business.

ServicesElectricity
Hello Shane. I am very disappointed to hear you were not able to have a simple question answered when you contacted our sales team. It is unacceptable to have a call terminated. Could you please e-mail me at help@energyaustralia.com.au with your contact details and address. I would be more than happy to contact you and discuss the tariff rates for the different plans available. - Kat

Closing account

Closing account
receiving the bill
Still awaiting for a bill ....1 month later rang... it will be sent soon
Dealt with them few times and they say one think and do another
The worst Expiriance I have had with this company
I would not recommend them

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi B.B.Z, I am very sorry we have delayed your final bill from being issued and want to help resolve this asap. If you wish to discuss further, please email me through help@energyaustralia.com.au with your account details. Thanks, Matt.

Making up prices?

Started using EA when we moved into our own house a few years ago. Bills were always $6-700 per quarter for 2 people which seemed high from when we were renting. We switched to another provider that were offering a 15% discount, yet our bills suddenly dropped to around $300 per quarter or less.
We got our final bill from EA, paid it and got on with our lives. Or so we thought. We got a letter a few weeks later from EA stating the final readout was incorrect and we still owed $90 exactly, then another one shortly after stating this was also incorrect and it was even more. Also suspiciously an exact dollar amount.
We queried if it was an exit fee etc, but was confirmed it wasn't.
Long story short, we dug our heels in and called their bluff on a last ditch attempt to extort more money out of us. Eventually they dropped the balance, presumably because they knew we weren't falling for it.
Regret ever using them.

ServicesElectricity
Good morning Zeke, I am sorry to read of your experience with us and what has happened after transferring to another retailer. I would like to offer my assistance if you would like to send any outstanding enquiries and information through email to help@energyaustralia.com.au - Thanks, Matt.

my part payments

had a ? about my part payments got nowhere on the live chat online after nearly an hour was given the 1800 number 2 call didn't hav 2 wait & had my ?s answered by a very polite man

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Good morning Carol, thank you for sharing your experience about our live chat option. I am sorry it wasn't sorted out straight away. If you have any further questions that are unanswered, please email me through help@energyaustralia.com.au with your account details and a number to contact you on. Thanks, Matt.

I have been trying to contact Energy Australia today - all I wanted was to change the frequency of when I receive my bills, at present I get them monthly & want three monthly. I was on the telephone for over 1/2 an hour pressing different options, speaking to different Customer care reps, who put me through to different sections to be told “sorry we can not help you with this” surely someone should know which telephone number or option I should ring - I’d hate to think this was an emergency.
Hi Gilld, I am extremely sorry that you had so much trouble trying to get through to someone who could help you. I can appreciate your frustration as noone want's to be sitting on the phone all day. So that I can look into this further can you please email your details to help@energyaustralia.com.au? Please include your full name, account number, address and date of birth. - HayleyThanks Hayley for getting back to me so quickly. I’ll send my information to the link in the email. Regards

Terrible experience with Energy Australia. I was living by myself with just a tv, fridge, computer washing machine etc and was getting bills for 2000-3000$. I called them having to speak to someone who could barely speak English giving me a uniform response " this is what our system is showing" I ended up having someone from electricity and energy ombudsman in SA who put energy Australia on speaker on the phone checked all my appliances power points every room in the unit aswell as the power box outside he was trying to explain to energy Australia there is no possible way he has used 3000$ of electricity in 2 weeks as the representive from energy Australia was trying to say and it's not possible that anyone has tapped into my metre or anything there is no reason for his bills to be this ridiculously high energy Australia were very unhelpful and just kept saying "well this is what our records show" was asked to contact my real estate and have a new power box installed well my real estate and landlord refused to do that srating there is nothing wrong with the current power box and no other tenants have had any issues so i was stuck with the problem I left energy Australia and the property all together and for years now being chased by debt collectors for energy Australia it's becoming a joke sometimes several phone calls a day it's now been almost several years and they are still trying. Do not ever sign up with energy Australia they will just try bleed you dry of money that's all they care about!
Hi Steve, I am sorry to hear about the poor experience you are having about a previous bill. If you would like us to look into this further please feel free to email your details to help@energyaustralia.com.au - Hayley

Never get your electricity through Energy australia! Rude staff transferred me to resolution where it was unhelpful either, dismissed my feedback – waited a lot of my time-waiting and talking but with no resolution My bill was extremely high $1336.23- over charged me and mislead saying they resolved it, meter reads estimated, nothing is wrong... Unfaithful! I am feeling very distressed and helpless, wanting to make a complain so in the future will have no one like me.
Hi Thi, I am really sorry if you have received an unexpected high bill. Can you please email your details to help@energyaustralia.com.au so I can look into this further for you? Thanks, Hayley.