EnergyAustralia

1,466 reviews
  • Rates and Fees

Jerry

JerrySydney, NSW

Placed me in shame & hardship

Energy Australia put me in hardship and shame during a pandemic while people are in financial distress. I was instructed to manually pay but they also direct debited my bank account.

My recent energy bill required manual payment because I stopped, and later reactivated direct debit facility.
I called and received confirmation from Energy Australia staff that the direct debit will only be active from next bill onwards. As required, manual payments was made before due date so discount could apply.
I was shocked that Energy Australia had direct debited my bank account on the due date which left me in financial distress.

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service ever.

joanne

joanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

Not helpful at all.. for the last 6 months been trying to get a hold of Energy Australia for the same problem still not solved until today! Especially on live chat!!! Useless customer service

Sam L

Sam LSydney, NSW

These guys are Robbers

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Sangeeta

SangeetaSydney, NSW

Very Terrible experience

Very Terrible experience..very expensive..customer service agent do not show any interest when i contact for more discount and when i cancel the services..no calls no message to ask for reason why i am changing. If there is a zero star..i would give it to them..never recommend to anyone..

kathyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Gas bills high

I live on my own I only use my gas heater,and my hot water has a solar backup,washing is done with a washing machine heats up the water,my bill for one person is 708 dollars its costing me 350 a dam month im looking for a better provider energy australia is a rip off never again

Elise T.

Elise T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best customer service I’ve ever had over the phone, with Ben.

After being stuffed around by click and told on the day of moving in that they weren’t able to connect me (I organised it 5 days prior!), I called energy Australia that morning and the customer service from Ben was amazing and within 2 hours I had electricity and gas!

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Customer Leaving

Customer LeavingSydney, NSW

Long Term Customer: Jumping ship

I have been with this company for over 10 years. The last 12 months a huge decline. I am switching from this dysfunctional provider. They can’t get basic transitions. Their account system is faulty. They acknowledge this. Their offshoring of customer service only makes it worse. Unauthorised debut of funds with no plan or active direct debit. What a painful provider

Hardwired

HardwiredMid North Coast, NSW

Loyalty a thing of the past

Dilanka E.

Dilanka E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst ever customer service

FrodoBaggins

FrodoBagginsHunter Region, NSW

Zero stars! Worse support! Are cruel to pensioners.

Al.

Al.Wimmera, VIC

Life after Energy Australia

Mike

MikeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Atrocious service

ATrocious service
Waited on hold for 32 min so I gave up and am moving my electricity account. I was simp,y ringing to fix a minor problem, my name was misspelt, but 32 mins on hold indicates they dont seem to care after you change account to them.

Customer service is zero

Solar, have to keep chasing where my current bill is now up to 6 months. Absolutely hopeless. Will be changing supplier if I do not receive an answer within a week as I have been asking this same question for months.

ServicesSolar Buy-Back
Dee

DeeSydney, NSW

Complete rip off, overcharging.

I went with Energy australia because while living with my ex, he has chosen this company(idk why) and even after separating I stuck with this one thinking should be okay and reputable. When I started getting really high bills, I talked to them about overcharging and they did not do anything and I had to pay. I did my research and found other company charging literally half per unit. My bills are lesser by hundred and more. Complete rip off. Just watched an episode in A current affair and I wondered why I never left a review. Customer service is also pretty appalling. Never again!!! Another one i used before is Click Energy, another rip off plus dodgy. Please do your research

Don't use them!

Da T.

Da T.

don't use if you have a choice

Services are alright, but they charge you for a call out fee to get the meter re-read when it was their issue that the initial reading put in the wrong number.
(my bill gone up from usual 200 to 1000) they said if I don't get a re-read and the next reading shows the difference (number gone back down), I will be credit back, but who knows.

jane

janeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not sign up with Energy Australia

Paid bill by due date was told to pay 3 days in advance in order to receive the discount on paying on time? due to paying via credit card (understandable it will take time to process)but that should not be a fault of ours if we pay on time and by that date!!!Why state a due date and then they return to tell you that in order to receive the discount pay it 3 days early? spoke with Julius and as of courtesy agreed to the discount amount even though I paid by the due date???... not worth signing with - took the initiative to contact and ensure that payment went through and they said to pay in advance -

Unhappy

Unhappy

Very Disappointed

So disappointed with the service - I changed to EA and they confirmed the Solar Feed in Tariff I would receive, only to find out two weeks after joining it was scheduled to drop. This was never mentioned to me at the time that I was joining! This is so unprofessional! Then you have to ring their call centre which is based in the Philipines..... these guys struggle to understand what you are saying and their responses are not appropriate! Seriously we have such unemployment in Australia and we allow these guys to send potential local jobs off shore!!! I had to call them after I had cancelled my account to get my credits paid to me.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Azzarooni

AzzarooniStrathfield

Energy ‘Australia’ is owned by China

Despite the name this is a chinese owned company, it took 3 weeks of constant live chat and empty email responses just to get the power connected, they stated in their sign up process that a $50 credit would be provided, however it only came off the connection fee, I’m really regretting the decision to choose this company already

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back