EnergyAustralia

• Rates and Fees

James

JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Misleading signup

Signed up to EA after being offered what I thought was a solar feed in tarrif locked in for 12 months. 2 months later the feed in tarrif was reduced by 30%. After reading the fine print in the PDS, it stated that EA may change the rate by giving the customer written notice. No such written notice was given to me.
I found that I was mislead into signing with EA.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Sarcastically, this is perfect.

Really ridiculous service. Having to move I was in my new place before having completed wrapping up the old one. Energy Australia removed my concession because I had changed postcodes. Customer service officer, supervisor and manager would not take into consideration my circumstances. How to treat a pensioner, way to go Energy Australia.

Loop

LoopCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Terrible Provider

I was moving properties I rang 3 weeks earlier and organised a disconnection and reconnection. A few days before I found out I couldn’t move for 2 more weeks, I rang and organised that my new connection wouldn’t go ahead and to keep my current connection. This company was able to not put my new connection on, however still disconnected my current property and then when I rang told me the call never happened and charged me $150 for reconnection fees for 2 weeks.!

Andrew M.

Andrew M.

Unscrupulous .Unconscionably corrupt .

Subpar/Overpriced

Was given a trial period with EnergyAustralia.
However overpriced for the annual (3 month period). For a single apartment owner.
If EA charged/billed monthly (not annually). I would transfer right back too EA.
However probably not possible anytime soon. If most Australian Power Distributers
charged/billed per month. Pretty sure they would probably force Dodo out of business by now.
While also saving on using overseas resources for added power too Australian homeowners & businesses.

Cisco

CiscoSydney, NSW

Reliable and affordable gas

Have been on Energy Australia for our residential gas supply. Supply is reliable and rates are very competitive compared to other providers on the basic plan - i.e. a competitor's offer with 6% bundled discount still did not match EA's standalone gas offer.

ServicesGas

RammySydney, NSW

Terrible listening skills-or BAD BIZ PRACTICE

With the comparison, I found the pricing is high & were not ready to match - so cancelled very next day. After 2 weeks my current company called about Energy Australia is taking over - I called and cancelled again yesterday - after 20 minutes of chat- Today they did switched my account - Are they desperate or what??

Dun

DunSydney, NSW

The most ridiculous customer service

Val

ValSydney, NSW

Billing problems, incorrect meter readings, overcharge, avoid if possible!

This company will bill you on estimate only. They have no obligation to send you the bills according to meter readings. They told me they have no relation with the companies who does meter readings. Be prepare to receive huge bills from "guess" readings. Avoid if possible. The customer service does not care at all about their customers.

JoshB

JoshBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only with energy Austrlia for 1 billing cycle and canceling...

Signed up for a great deal for solar.

Received an email saying that within my first billing period the solar feed in rate was going to go down.

I called to confirm if this was true but was told it would not change for a year.

Got my first bill and they had changed it!

Tried to get it sorted with poor support from energy Australia, in the end they acknowledged that they had told me it would not change and then changed it but said they would not honer it.

Worst customer experiance I have had yet!

David P.

David P.

Staff have absolutely no idea!! So frustrated and disappointed.

@SHiK

@SHiKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Competitive rates!

I have my elec and Gas acc with them, good customer service, the online account is easy to use. they not have chat as well, overall pretty happy with them!

Energy Australia don’t do it

Joined energy Australia after being with AGL a few months went by no bill started calling they said you don’t have solar even though I had been getting solar credits from AGL. Lots of phone calls still no bill the worst customer service and no bill and back to agl I go lol... DON’T DO IT

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst supplier I've ever dealt with

I had to make approximately 20 calls to customer service to have my solar programmed. Consistently was told conflicting information from staff. "it will be backdated, don't worry", next person "no, we can't back date" happened 4+ time with different consultants giving differing versions.

Faranak

FaranakMelbourne

Two different figures for the same bill

I received the electricity bill which was supposed to be deducted through direct debit but it didn't happen.
I've got a message this morning that is saying I have an overdue balance.
The figure in the message is totally different from the bill that I received before.
I'm confused and can not trust the calculation anymore.
Online chat and customer service is so frustrating ...

Manfred

ManfredSydney, NSW

Unreliable and not really trustworthy

Got a PV installation early January. Were supposed to get the required new smart meter by Energy Australia. After 14 days (legal requirement for EA) nothing had happened. We called and apparently the application was never received by EA (really?). Sent another application. Installation was confirmed for 13 Feb.
Received an email yesterday postponing installation date to 18 Feb.
Got a call today that date can't be kept.

Altogether it's now more than 4 weeks and numerous emails and calls back and forth.
Very annoying and disappointing service.
Will definitely consider switching.

Nathan J.

Nathan J.South East Queensland, QLD

Hassle free service

I found the service these guys provided to be exceptional, the only let down was the recent drop in solar export. I have only had one reason to contact them throughout the last 2 and a bit years and I had no problem getting through to them and getting it sorted out fast. I was never bombarded with rubbish emails or phone calls either, they left me alone, which is how I like it.

Disappointed

DisappointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't trust them they will switch you to them with out your consent.

We are not with energy Australia but twice now they have taken over our account from Alinta Energy with out our consent and they don't even have our correct details then they make it difficult to get the account back to alinta. If they cant be trusted and are prepare to switch you to their systems with out your consent What other dishonest acts are they prepared to commit to make money at your expenses if they can't be trusted in one area Can you really trust them with anything else.

ServicesElectricity

ZERO communication, ZERO reliability.

We moved apartments and asked Energy Australia to transfer our gas account 2 WEEKS ahead of time. They did NOT request the transfer in time for us to get gas in our new apartment. They said they would request URGENT reconnection and pay for the cost from our gas company, but DID NOT do it. I called the gas company and they said NO such request had been made. My husband spoke to about 10 different people at Energy Australia, all who said and promised different things and NOTHING happened. We still have no gas.

ServicesGas

Peter the Great

Another Australian Energy company disgrace, why?

ServicesSolar Buy-Back
Peter the Great

At last an intelligent, realistic review.

Donna

Donnaasked

My rates recently increased from 27cents to 32 cents in January 2020. I am asking if my rates will increase again in July 2020?, as I reside in NSW. Victoria has rate increases in January and NSW has increases in July. Are you going to increase my rates twice in 6 months? If so you will be losing a very long time customer. I've been with Energy Australia for almost 40years.

Please shop around..
loyal customers do get penalised new customers welcomed with better discounts.

Jim Crowe

Jim Croweasked

I have had a gas meter in the same position since 1981. Recently my energy provider Energy Australia (EA) has sent me a guesstimate of my usage rather than an actual amount. They have told me the reason is "...meter not located". This is quite simply nonsense.

Can anyone advise me if EA:
1. uses an outsourced meter reading service?
2. monitors how the people who work for the hypothetical company are paid? In other words are they paid on a "per household meter read basis"?

Txs JC

John

Johnasked

Are solar credits refundable

Peter the Great

No they are not they are hidden credits and they change the value without due warning..
All energy resellers are a con, their CEO is the only winner and our PM Morrison is the worse PM we ever had he covers up all his blunders.
He negotiated with the energy providers lower fees but never with the useless resellers that add all kinds of fees including Other $2?..
They are in collusion to drain the maximum from us no matter what way, if you complaint a smart trained female will outsmart you with well redacted letter to impose their view because you agreed on the phone, another con
Solar is another government cover ups we become the cheapest energy providers on the planet.
Thank you PM Morrison you are exploiting the Australian citizens and humiliating the rest of us
We use to call it FACISM but I guess the new generation forgot about it including yourself, I landed in Australia 52 years ago when you were still wetting your nappies. I have seen more PM dead than you ever alives. Do not try to outsmart us seniors, bully boy.

Get an answer from our members and EnergyAustralia representatives