1.3 from 1,404 reviews

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Rates and Fees

Angela F

Angela FSydney Surrounds, NSW

Would rate them a 0 if it was an option

Have been with Energy Australia for over 13 years. Am now researching my options and need to change providers. Wasn't billed properly for two years and was told 'oh you mustn't have used any electricity that month'. Direct debit fails to work every electricity bill however works perfectly for the gas bill. I alerted them to the issue last year. I was told at the time that a lot of customers have experienced this issue and there must be a fault. To this date, this is still not rectified. I then have to argue to receive the pay on time discount every bill. It shouldn't be this difficult. Solar tariff is now reducing and costs now going up.

Russell C.

Russell C.South East Queensland, QLD

Not fair, Don't care, I'm out

After only one single billing period EA have made an arbitrary and out of the blue 28% reduction to their FIT. Like others I rang them and asked why, or whether my usage rate was going to reduce to offset the change. They did not care at all that Origin were keen to take my business with cheaper usage rate, and a 15c FIT. Cannot believe in this day and age how nonchalant they were about this change. Even without EA's 11% discount I am better of moving to Origin, which I have done today.

Honeymoon rate was told it was for 12 months and changed after 2 months

Paid $7k for 7.3 kw solar system on my roof was wooed by Energy Australia to change from my previous energy provider based on their feed back into the grid price. After 2 months they reneged on offer

Disappointed

DisappointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incompetence company and sales staff!

Like most ppl here that received the email stating that the FIT will be reduced from 16.1c to 11.5c has completely lost me as a customer!

I called twice and asked them to confirm to me that signing up to the No Frills plan will lock in for 1yr the FIT of 16.1c with confirmation of both representatives only to then be told (when signing up my Dad a day later) by the 3rd rep that that information was incorrect.

You're going to lose a lot of customers over this, E.A. And I won't be coming back!

Snoopy

Snoopy

Disappointed

Changed to Energy Australia for good FIT in September. Now January and FIT dropped to 11.5 c per kWh from 16.1 c. Information in email was confusing as anyone on No Frills home plan amongst others would not be impacted. Yet was told my tariff was to be reduced. I will now be looking for a better deal. Thanks for wasting my time.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Alec

AlecSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lying cheating scum. Be warned and stay clear of them!!!

Checked all prices and then spoke with their "sales guy" got promised 16.1 on solar feed in... before the first bill even arrived I got an email saying it was going down to 11.5
These guys are crooks and I advise anyone considering them to stay well away

Gloria

GloriaWollongong

We should have stayed with Origin.

Do yourself a favour .... And dont use this company. Big issues with our solar and their billing system. We will switching providers. Three words to discribe this company after now reading forums and googling many hundreds of complaints. Unethical... No integrity...
Rip off merchants...

ServicesElectricity

Terrible - Lock you in for a year with the promise of great feed in tariffs, then reduce them by 62.5% !!!

Very ordinary, only recently signed up due to a good solar feed in tariff. Lock you up for 12 months, and then decrease the tariff rate by 62.5% and then tell you that in the fine print they can change the rate to whatever they want and only have to give 5 days notice. Very unethical - now have to look around again.

Mike

Mikesydney

without question thoroughly incompetent

Peter T

Peter TAU

They tell lies

Just received an email from E A stating our solar feet in tariffs are about to drop from 16c to 11c per klw we rang to find out why and they said due to the fires and not enough energy being produced due to the smoke!!!! What a crock of poo, why use a dumb excuse like that? Well you have just lost another customer.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Gareth O.

Gareth O.South East Queensland, QLD

This review was 5 Stars but my quoted 16.1 cents Solar Feed in was incorrect

Sheri

Sheri

Very Reliable

The set up process was quick and easy. I've never had a problem and I've been with Energy Australia for a little over 2 years. They are reliable and helpful. Couldn't be happier with the service!

consumer07

consumer07Sydney, NSW

EA absolutely fine then over the past couple of years ridiculous errors etc

Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

I got a Xmas present from them on 25th Dec, shocked, Ultimate Xmas Gringe

Can't believe anyone would even think about sending a bill to you on Christmas morning, talk about the Christmas gringe we'll this company is at the top of the list, I'm always in credit as I pay extra each week so no need to send me a bill to say that I owe money when I don't, computer generated emails/bills etc needs monitoring and it's not hard to do for a big company, must be having more issues again

PaddyK

PaddyKMid North Coast, NSW

Energy Australia is a scam

archana k.

archana k.Sydney, NSW

Not even worth 1 STAR....They SUCKKKK BIG TIMEEEEE

I recently(August 2019) moved to a new house and tried to set up a new account with Energy australia for the first time. Somehow they added another address along with mine, so now I have two addresses on my account and they charged me the wrong address's bill. Even till date my account is not set up properly. I have been calling them till date, it's been 4 monthssss!!!!! Even if the other providers charge you more, just go with them and save yourself. Origin was much much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ServicesElectricity and Gas

Fluffy's Mum

Fluffy's MumSydney, NSW

Much better than some...

I've had electricity supplied by Energy Australia for over 5 years at two different addresses. Billing is accurate, I rarely use a heater but I do use air conditioning. This is definitely reflected in my bills. Accurate billing makes it easier for me to predict what my summer bill will be, compared to my winter bill. This makes it much easier for me to manage my budget. My neighbour had dreadful problems with another company, so I'm aware that Energy Australia have got me on a good deal.

cooperplace

cooperplace

The worst customer service I have encountered.

Disgusting In Everyway

Bradley P.
Bradley P.

Thanks Kat for the response, I will be e-mailing you.

Regards
Bradley

Worse electricity retailer

The worse customer service
Not good for small business
Their system is always down, my bill was delayed by 6 month.
Unable to claim tax return.
Warning stay away from this company they are dodgy company, only idiots want to join them

kingofbling

kingofblingasked

Why is the current billing cycle longer than usual was meant to be read 31 December but you have pushed it back to late January

kathy

kathyasked

Is anyone's gas bill high for the last two months as mine is

Peter L.

Peter L.asked

Is there an expected time frame on when we will be able to view solar production and feed back Into the grid statistics? Seems like the company is way behind the 8-ball compared to your competitors.

tim
tim

Origin Energy gives you 21 cents a KW for solar up to 10kw. Energy Australia gives you 12.5 cents a kW with 34% off the bill. If you do the maths you are far better off with Origin. Plus Energy Australia is very difficult to deal with. I currently have a 151 day billing period. No one can tell me why. So I have switched to Origin. Energy Australia has delayed the switch. They are a shocker.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Peter, unfortunately we do not have any expected time frame on when this may be available at this stage. We do receive a lot of feedback about this so I will pass it back to the relevant team which I hope will help get this updated sooner. - Hayley.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Tim, I am sorry to hear that your transfer has been delayed and that you have been unhappy with your experience with us.

I would be happy to look into this for you if you can please email your details to help@energyaustralia.com.au

Thanks, Hayley.

Get an answer from our members and EnergyAustralia representatives