Enterprise Rent a Car

Enterprise Rent a Car

See the Best Car Hire in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

6 months still waiting for insurance excess refund!!

Terrible terrible terrible...more than 6 months and we still waiting for the refund of our insurance excess ~$650 even though we were not at fault and provided all required details of the party at fault.

Friendly advise NOT to hire from them please. We kept calling and nobody bothered to return calls.

Spoke to these staff members but no joy and they had no clue
[names removed]

Duty Managers [name removed] & [name removed] never called though staff kept telling us they will call back in just few minutes to resolve the issue, extremely rude and unacceptable service.

After almost six months, we were told to contact claims department. [name removed] at claims every time says we are trying to contact the party at fault through debt collectors and refuses to provide any details of the debt collector insurance company or proper actions taken.

Above all, if you are not at fault, it is regardless if the other party does not respond, defeats the purpose of having insurance.

We are considering to take legal action now and thought to save others the hassle of what we have gone through

port Macquarie manager Lee Scott is an idiot

I booked a car for a week online. I decided to go to Port Macquarie airport a day earlier to do paperwork etc to save time the following pick-up day. I waited for 15 minutes as he served another customer & he made eye contact & acknowledged me at times. After 15 mins he took the customer to her car & after another 15 mins of waiting at counter found out that he had gone home. I tried ringing his mobile, which is the Enterprise number, twice. He did not answer, and he has still not answer my calls to date. I subsequently cancelled my booking & went to Thrifty.

Booking Process

Scam car rental company- don't ever use

Booked 2 cars for 2 families of 5 people, at least 5 months out from our trip in July 2019 at Cairns, Qld. This is the peak period for this area and school holidays so we knew we had to book early to get cars for 10 people and get a good price. We booked enterprise rent a car through wotif. On the day of renting the car we knew we would be late due to a change in the ferry so I rang them and said that we would be late but still wanted the cars. The guy on the Cairns office desk said that would be fine. We arrived at the Cairns office 1 hour late. There was a guy and woman on the desk. She said "you're late we've given your cars away". I said "I rang to say we'd be late but still wanted the cars, there's 10 of us and we booked this a long time ago and we need to get to Port Douglas today". She just said "sorry but you've been dropped off the system. There's nothing we can do. The computer has dropped you off. It's peak period and we don't have any cars and no-one else in Cairns does either. You could get a bus." Unbelievable! I have never struck such bad customer service and absolute no care or responsibility for people who are completely powerless on holiday. We stayed in the office for awhile fuming and wondering what to do so she took some sort of pity on us and started ringing around other places and buses but to no avail. Finally the guy on the desk, found a private bus shuttle which we had to hire to get to Port Douglas for almost the same price for the car hire for the whole holiday! While waiting for bus to come, another couple, came out of their office and said the same thing had happened to them and did we have room on our bus for them! Luckily we did. They had been an hour late from the airport and had already paid for the car but were told - "too late and you can't get your money back"! Luckily we ended up finding almost the last cars available to hire in Port Douglas from Avis. We had to pay a higher price and had to drop them back to Port and get another expensive private bus to Cairns Airport. So a lot of extra money paid, extreme stress and time lost. In short - Enterprise Rent a car in Cairns is a complete scam and terrible for Australian tourism - never ever use them.

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Warning- enterprise rent a car -worst car hire company ever- do not use- no car

We booked Enterprise Rent a Car through Wotif. We booked it 6 months ahead as we needed 2 cars for 2 families of 5 and it was July school holidays. We were to pick up the car from Cairns & drive to Cape Tribulation. We knew we were going to be at least an hour late and rang ahead to tell them we were still coming. We arrived 1 hour late and they had given away the cars - they said the computer did it, it dropped off the system! Even though we had rung ahead.
They didn't care that 10 people were stranded in Cairns with no accommodation and no transport. They just kept saying the computer system did it and there was nothing they could do. So we stayed in the office fuming and cursing trying to organize transport . Finally they decided to help us get an overpriced shuttle to Port Douglas.
As we were waiting for the shuttle bus another couple came in and the same thing happened to them!They were delayed at the airport and were 1 hour late & their car had fallen off the system too and given to someone else. Luckily for them they could share our bus otherwise they would be stranded too. They also had paid for the car hire on their credit card and spent the whole journey ringing to get a refund. They booked through booking. com.
We then had to get peak price car rental from Port Douglas and had to return the cars there and get another expensive shuttle bus back to Cairns air port.
They do not care about customers and do not ever use them.
They do not care about customers, do not ever use them.

You won’t get a Subaru

Customer service representative was very nice and explained that there was no chance I would be driving the Subaru Forester that was pictured and advertised in my booking as they just don’t have any. She did explain that it said “similar” and I’ll admit it does say that in the fine print. Stick with the big car companies, as a Holden capiteq is far from a Subaru. P.S. don’t use the rentalcars.com website. Lucky I didn’t go for the Toyota Prado assume it would be the Holden Capitec too.

Worst Customer Service ever

This company has the worst customer service and responses from its staff. basically even if you are upset, their one line responses is thanks for the feedback and no addressing the awful service or even an apology.

Never depend on them if you are in a predicament, because its tough luck if you are. I hire weekly personally from this company and have done over the years, each visit they take a copy of your license and have all the details in front of them. Over the hires, I have put up with lots of issues from their cars, changing at the last minute because its not road worthy, breaking downs or cars not ready for me. Each time I have taken it in my stride as I am aware these things happen. But the time I turn up by accident without my license and I am told their is nothing they can do, even if I give them a copy by phone or just look at the one from when I hired the last week. But not this company, never mind I don't have a purse and stranded, they just don't offer any customer service. All the other reputable brands offer and alternative of sending them photos or getting someone to pop your license in at another interstate location, no its a bugger off and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

As a corporate, I would never recommend them or use them again. Better off using other cheaper options off airport sites or using the more reputable companies onsite at airports.

An actual scam

We booked our enterprise rental
Via Expedia, and in the same booking, booked insurance on the vehicle. Upon arrival to pick up the car (at Dublin airport) the man serving us said Expedia only covers up to euro 35,000 and he wouldn’t let us take the car as it’s worth 40,000 until we agreed to pay for a whole new policy with enterprise. He said that Expedia is really dodgy and that a lot of people get caught out like this and he was doing us a favour by offering us this insurance (while also saying he legally couldn’t let us off the site without buying his insurance). We got the manager involved and the same deal. They said Expedia has nothing to do with them despite the fact they take bookings via Expedia. I suggested as a compromise they pop it in writing to me that the insurance we had purchased via Expedia wasn’t accepted by them but the manager refused saying “why would I do that, it’s nothing to do with me”. That made it very clear to us that their hustle to try to force people to use their insurance is illegal and they don’t want any evidence of it. Eventually the manager let us have our rental without their dodgy insurance but I just wanted to warn others to avoid them like the plague!!

Vehicle TypeFord galaxy

Rude people

Rude female staff (local) at car collect in Melbourne Airport (which is miles away from the terminal itself because they don't staff the counter inside the terminal). 26 March 2019
The rude counter manager (a local man) when I returned my car at the same location on 26 March 2019.
There is an Indian(?) (male) supervisor here who was nice, though. He answered my call before I went to Melbourne, and kept the specific vehicle model (that is, not just any vehicle in the same class as rental vehicle companies usually do) I requested (well done!). It is also brand new. But don't expect to have such luck dealing with this good staff member. He may not be there when you call or drop in.

July 8th 2019 Update: Enterprise Rent a Car Melbourne Terrible

The staff at the Melbourne Airport Outlet are all rude (except one guy that may have come across Enterprise's affiliate Redspot to help out and that I have dealt with).
In addition, they don't even bother to put staff at the Passengers Terminal Counter. You actually need to walk miles to the Airport hotel outlet after getting off the plane.
I will go back to Melbourne, but will never go to Enterprise there again.

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi Pajero Sport
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

This is good service and they are friendly and kindly.

It was good to rent a car at the right time. It was nice to have a clean car and the staff was kind. I intend to use it for the next time.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Accent
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Would have given 5 stars except for one very important omission.

I have waited for a while for a reply from the Lidcombe branch manager which hasn.t been forthcoming so here is my report.

Bond was handled very unprofessionally with the Manager taking an extra $200 on top of the $200 deposit without getting authorisation from me, as the drop off error was made by the company NOT by me.
To me taking the money out of my account without authorisation was equivalent to someone using my card without my permission if I lost it.
I feel this should be refunded to me as I do think the integrity of the company is in question here. This has been brought up with no reply.
I do think this should be taken up with the manager so that he doesn't do this to another customer. This is a very sore point with me and ruined an extremely pleasant experience that I would otherwise had with Enterprise.
Customer Service by Ashley was superb.
Couldn't ask for more even if the drop off point was incorrectly given, cant fault her service.
All the Service, Vehicle etc was as she said and well maintained,
and I cleaned the interior and returned it in the same.

If this is rectified I will post another review letting people know that the company can be depended on to do the right thing by its customers.

Martin

Vehicle TypeTruck
Received Booked Vehicle Yes
Hi Martin, thanks for sharing your experience - we'd love the chance to review your rental further, however I'm having some difficulty finding your rental. If you could please reach out to our customer service team with your reservation number at feedback@ehiglobal.com.au, they will be more than happy to look into your rental.

excellent service

It was awesome that I met a wonderful customer service at the Sydney Aiport Enterprise Front desk customer service. He is very good. I absolutely give me 5 stars service.

Vehicle TypeKia Carnival
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Are there no one working here anymore?

I don’t usually give a feedback or reviews, but I must do that this time.

What happened was I made a booking a day prior to my pick up. when I came here to pick up the car, they said they had no same or similr car size available that I booked. So they upgraded it to SUV for free. BUT when I received an invoice I found that they actually charged me for it. The car was even worse than What I originally booked. I wanted a car with navigation because it was my first trip in NSW but upgraded car didn’t have one on it. What a UPGRADE.
Anyway, so I’ve been contacting them to ask why I was charged for the upgrade. I’ve sent 4 emails so far and had no response for almost 2 months now.

Plus, I haven’t STILL got the bond back.
I’m pretty sure that no one’s working here anymore.

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle
Hi Paul, thanks for sharing your experience. We'd welcome the chance to review your rental if you can please email your reservation number or the name on your booking to feedback@ehiglobal.com.au. Regards, Allison.

drop off fee excessive

The drop off fee was in very small fine print at bottom of contract, when I picked up the car, only then was I told of the $350 drop off.

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi Outlander
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Good car at competitive price

We hired 2 cars during our stay in Sydney. The first one was a bit slow getting started especially with the difficulties getting out of the secure garage and no one to get the barrier to work. The upgrade gave us rather a big car for our needs. But all in all we were very pleased with the value for money and car quality for our trip to the Hunter Valley. The second car was superb with an upgrade to a Subaru 4 x 4, which was a perfect bonus for our trip to Jervis Bay and the Blue mountains. Very good value and a newish car. Good to have a pick up point near Kings Cross and not at the airport. Many thanks. Hope to use you again if we revisit Sydney.

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi Outlander

You get what you pay for

Car was unlean inside and out, dusty inside. Windows and paint work streaky after washing. I was issued a car in the catorgory below I ordered and attendant said that is what they do, they just see what stock they have when you pick up the car. The attendant then told me that she can not adjust price, even though cheaper catorgory. 'The system' would not allow her. However, I suppose they are affordable and so, you get what you pay for. I would not recommend if you are wanting a compfortable long term drive. It's ok for a day or two run around.

Good service.

Quick service for pre booked car. Nice upgrade.
Toured Tasmania and car was just right.
Signs on car return spaces need to be bigger as they are 3 companies in one small sign and difficult to see.
Nobody present or instructions as what to do - other companies had a rep at the return site.
But I like the auto cars you can get.

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi ASX
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

Great service & experience

The whole experience was easy and hassle-free and also very quick. Customer service was helpful, friendly and efficient. We drove from Brisbane to Bundaberg then out to Kingaroy and back to Brisbane, had the car for a week and had no problems at all.

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi ASX

Efficient & good service

Good & friendly customer service. We have booked a Hyundai Accent or similar and was given a Kia Picanto. Easy pick-up and drop-off arrangement at the airport. The car was clean & has gd features especially the touchscreen display which sync the mobilephone Waze on it. Highly recommend it.

Great in Adelaide, poor in Melbourne

Excellent customer service in Adelaide, where we got a better car than expected. Unpleasant, verging on rude in Melbourne. The car was not what we expected. Five stars to Adelaide, one and a half in Melbourne.

Wonderful customer service.

The staff went out of their way to give us a great deal including insurance.The car was very good,we enjoyed it immensely.Would highly recommend Enterprise car hire.Will definitely use them again.

Vehicle TypeHolden Astra