Entertainment Book

Entertainment Book

• Trip Completed Yes (11) · No (27)
  • Ease of Booking

Can’t be searched. Maps provides no info on sites. All promotion and no function

Search functions don’t work. Unable to search for venues using the map. Search by name fails to find venues. Totally frustrated with what was previously a good app.
Please fix immediately because we won’t be renewing membership otherwise.

Lisa

Lisa

Worst ever! Can’t even buy tickets to Dracula’s

Absolutely rubbish! Told me I had 10 minutes to redeem my tickets and couldn’t even navigate to buy them. Now saying iv redeemed them!!! Got nothing I won’t be buying again if it’s not a book sorry.

Ease of Booking
donata

donataMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Would give a zero if could

Worst thing they could have done. Other one was amazing and didnt need changing. Old app you could scroll through vouchers. So dissapointed. Unable to look at menu like old app also

Herb S

Herb SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Electronic book

Will not purchase again, app is appalling and bring back the book, would rate a zero, maybe you changed from the book so we couldn't use it, very unhappy customers

Terrible to navigate please listen to all the reviews

Please bring back the old format. The new application is so hard to work out and it’s so user unfriendly. Please change the format which was easy to use and follow. Also I purchased the book with the intent of going to certain pubs that were then removed after I bought the digital book. Not happy

Shiree

ShireePerth, WA

What happened to the app?

The old app was working perfectly fine. But as a lot of users have commented here, the upgrade completely changed the app into something that was unfamiliar and worst of all, not workable. With an app like that, everyone’s looking for an efficient and fast working app. This is the complete opposite. Now I can’t even scroll to see what restaurants I’d like to try because...the app is not workable.
Also, before the update, I had a few occasions where I tried to use the discount at restaurants down south. But they didn’t want to honour the terms of the entertainment books. I’m not sure how this should be addressed but it might be a problem for the entertainment book to take up with those restaurants. In the meantime, diners lose out it seems.

Ellen

EllenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awful Recent Update

The recent update has rendered the app absolutely useless. Difficult to search and when you use the map and find something you cannot bring it up to look at. You have to go out of map and then remember the name to 'Search' it. Time consuming if you wanted to look at 3-4 options in an area. And whatever happened to all my historical data and favourites!?! Why change something that was working effectively and then replace it (without warning) with something so terrible? I am a very long term user (as many others are) so give us the option of being able to revert back to the previous version.

Cheesed off

Cheesed offPerth, WA

Never ever again!!

It’s reasonable to expect it’d take some time to exclude the businesses that are sadly closed following COVID and I am forgiving of that.

But it’s hard not to be cynical as to how long it takes them (to keep people buying the memberships) and then to cap it all off, they’ve “upgraded” the IOS app to make it near unusable (as documented by others).

I know there is no chance of this happening but a 50% refund would be reasonable.

It’s so sad as I use this membership to support charities as much as anything else but having had such an awful experience, I’ll NEVER use this again.

Erin

ErinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible update of the app

The updated app is absolutely terrible to use. There was nothing wrong with the old version and I'm now trying to revert back to the old app if possible. I will not be purchasing the EB again if it's not fixed. It is very hard to navigate, the black & white symbols don't indicate what category of dining it is and when you click on the symbol the information offered is very poor. I believe you will lose many customers due to the update. Please fix it!!

Shame on you EB

Would give the new app a 0 if I could. It is so difficult to use and not user friendly. Can't find places in the suburb search. I have had the EB for 12 years plus, but no longer, if they don't fix the app.

Julie

JulieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The new app is appalling

The new app is appalling so disappointed after being EB user for 15 years will not be renewing membership unless is fixed. Cannot search easily if at all. Please go back to original app!

Trip CompletedNo
Biljana

BiljanaWestern Australia

Not user friendly

I am very disappointed with new up. Old app was much easier to navigate. I hope it gets changed, or I will not be purchasing again. I hope customer reviews are taken into consideration.

Soph2

Soph2Perth, WA

New app is terrible!

I had to upgrade to the new app today and it is awful! So difficult to navigate and not user friendly at all. Won’t be renewing when it expires later this year.

Disappointed

DisappointedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A really good way to wreck a great product

I have had the Entertainment Book for many years, first the book version and then the online version. I joined so my family could go out more, experience many more activities, receive the discounts and give to charity at the same time. Unfortunately the changes that have been made to the online app has made it almost impossible to navigate, find what is on offer and made the whole exercise extremely frustrating! What were they thinking! What a great way to wreck a great product! Unless it is changed back very quickly I won't be recommending it to anyone! Extremely disappointed!

New app is a failure

The new website is unsatisfactory. The old one was visually attractive and easy to use. The new one is more difficult to navigate and has problems. If I hit HOME I'm taken to a particular restaurant rather than the home screen. Doing a suburb search takes me to one restaurant in that suburb but omits others that I can sometimes see on the map. My history, showing on the old version, is not showing on the new version.
Overall, the new version is vastly inferior to the old and I find it puzzling that something that was working well was replaced. Unless there are changes I would no longer be recommending anyone join.

Susan M.

Susan M.Perth, WA

What on earth are they thinking?

If they don't revert to the old app, no one will buy it next year. It is clunky. It is useless. Can't search areas where you want to go. Shocking!

Ollie

Ollie

New Ap - Not easy

Just rang Entertainment and was helped to delete the old ap and download new one. What a shame. It is just not working for me. No accomodation listed and no ability to ask for location specific accommodation. Disappointing. I won't be renewing this year unless this ap is made much easier to navigate.

Mark

Mark

ZERO STARS

2nd time I’ve used the new app. Disaster!!! first time was a shammozzle and then this time the vendor couldn’t get the redemption code to work so wouldn’t honour the voucher even though they had redeemed it. Won’t be buying this book any more after being a loyal customer for 10+ yrs. just plain rubbish

Not Happy

I loved the old app! It was easy to use, continually updated deals and was easy to search. The new one is none of these things. It seems limited and it is difficult to scroll choices unless you know exactly what you are looking for. I like to browse for ideas. I convinced several friends to use the old app but I won’t be renewing unless this is greatly improved.

New App Crap

New app allows you to save one favourite, provides no history and is not user friendly. I emailed them about a month ago and they assured me these things would be fixed. Bring back the old app please.