Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

If you're a regular driver, a good car insurance policy can grant you peace of mind. With so many providers and policies on the market, dipping into the policy pool can be confusing. Use this guide for tips on how to find the best, cheapest car insurance for you, whether comprehensive or third party.

Read now

3.5

Any claims feedback yet?

I own a 25 year old Mercedes which I drive 1500 kms per year max. I got a quote from these guys no problem which was competitive.As we all know, the important bit is not when you insure but it's in the event of claiming which we hope doesn't happen. I just wonder what they'd be like when it comes to claiming. Can anyone give me any idea based on their experience when claiming?

Lee Goldring

Lee GoldringFar North Queensland, QLD

Interested if anyone has made a claim

I have multiple classic vehicles, both cars and bikes and after 11 years with Shannons we find out that they are now 100% Suncorp and have absolutely no interest in their clients I decided to contact Enthusiast. I found their online quoting extremely limited on the amount of vehicles they have listed when it came to getting a quote. Shane Jenkin contacted me about the issue quite quickly after sending feedback and has been very quick to reply and good to deal with over the past few days. Thanks Shane. Their prices are very competitive but before I commit I'd like to hear/read from someone who has made a claim and how they found the whole experience as this is where all issues start with insurance companies.

Insurance TypeVeteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
Jamie

JamieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Impressed!

Car Insurance

Find out how Enthusiast Motor Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Jason

JasonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If you love your car, please do not go with Enthusiast.

Initially I decided to sign up for Enthusiast Motor insurance to insure my modified Evo as they had the best price. They reply very promptly and helpful before I pay. But after paying, their reply and politeness change straightaway. There are times when I send them an inquiry on Thursday and never gotten a reply the following Tuesday. I had to ring them up to get an answer. Guys over the phone are not very helpful and polite as well. Overall I will not recommend to anyone who love their cars!

Car ModelMitsubishi Lancer
Adrian

AdrianPenrith, Nsw

Great price great service

Cheapest I could get from all the major insurance company's great service nothing was a issue for them to assist me, have agreed value with mods on my car for a great price,haven't had to claim and I hope I don't,will be staying here for sure

Nicholas R.

Nicholas R.Perth, WA

So far so good

Haven't had to make a claim so we will see how they go.

I was very happy with what my vehicle was insured for and the very low premium I had to pay. Much better than what Shannon's offered.

Nice and easy to create and pay for a new Policy Quote through email. Even when I rang up, the gentleman was helpfull.

It will be interesting to see if my "Agreed Value" goes down as Shannon's dropped 5k after the first year but they told me it shouldn't as the value of my car doesn't change

tom m.

tom m.

Terrible

Disgraceful and rude. They made it very difficult to get a simple quote. I would hate to see what they are like when a claim in made. I spoke to a guy that told me "I run the joint". If the owner or manger is the way he is I will pass. Very Dodgy

Buck Cooper

Buck CooperIllawarra, NSW

Perfect insurance company for myself! Awesome price and amazing customer service!

Scotty the AJ

Scotty the AJAU

Great Value, new provider, I'll give them a chance.

Moved to Enthusiast from another speciality motor vehicle insurance company. Was never particularly happy with the quote from my original provider, so was almost in disbelief at the price quoted by Enthusiast. Their key difference is they make you log your KMs, and are a distance based insurance company, which is perfect if you only drive your car on weekends like I do.

Everything else seems OK, you can choose the repairer, the value is agreed-upon etc etc. Nothing against my old company, but the price from Enthusiast was much better. I will let you know in a years time how it pans out!

Car ModelFord Falcon BF
Car Insurance

Find out how Enthusiast Motor Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Steven

Steven

Happy new customer

Had reason to once call and once email enthusiast insurance. Both times the response was quick and professional yet friendly.
So far I'm very happy with this company.

Happy new customer

Stelz87

Stelz87Sydney, NSW

Very unprofessional.

Employees at Enthusiast Motor Insurance are very arrogant, unprofessional and have very poor time management skills. I was also able to make only 1 out of 5 successful phone calls before I was hung up on. I am yet to see how they handle an insurance claim and I don't think I want to quite frankly based on the level of service I have received thus far.. Atrocious!