Epic Broadband

Home Plan, Gamer Plan (See All)
See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Epic Broadband

• Adequate Speeds Yes (57) · No (132)

Marshall
MarshallCentral Queensland, QLD

Was OK... while it worked!

We signed up with Epic Broadband based on recommendations from Finder, when we axed our Bigpond package. There was SOME negative commentary regarding the owner of the company being a bit shonky in the past, but on balance we decided it was worth a try.

The service was alright initially... speeds were as advertised and customer service didn't take too long to answer the phone.

After about a week, thr connection dropped entirely, and nobody answered the phone. A bit of investigation quickly revealed that the HMAS Epic had hit an iceberg, for various purported reasons, mostly financial.

Anyway, it's as simple as that. Good riddance. We have since moved to Tangerine, which has been flawless so far.

Epics problem

Epic used to be free but now I you have to pay for all the books, you get one free book a day and what if they don’t like it

russell
russellRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Epic rubbish

No help setting up ,took money up front and had no service contacted
Them on several occasions no reply and when they did it was a email with no info , left them after no service and still did not refund

Ishak Mohamad
Ishak MohamadSYDNEY

The biggest liar NBN provider

The speed of internet was average, but the outage was unbelievable, just too often. Made excuse that they were hacked etc, but actually failed to pay their wholesaler so get cut off from service.

Yoni
YoniPerth, WA

Slow during peak time

Signed up to the 50 Mbps plan reduce cost compared to Aussie Broadband 25mbps but actually got slower connection! Move away after 3 weeks as customer service don't answer the phone

Shakawat
ShakawatAdelaide

Dodgy company

They charged me from credit card today (1 June 2021) even though their business ceased 1 month back and I moved to other NBN provider last month. Very dodgy business, there must have 0 star for this.

Web X.
Web X.Hunter Region, NSW

Very ANGRY with EPIC BROADBAND

Finally received an email from EPIC broadband saying they have gone under. Since they have overcharged me without refund, I hope ASIC or TIO can prevent the directors from holding future directorship or opening another company reselling NBN broadband network in Australia. I felt compelled to give them another terrible rating because This company doesn't deserve any star.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
10 ways to improve your home’s internet connection

Does Netflix keep lagging? With the rain keeping more people at home, it’s not uncommon to see internet speeds slow to a crawl. Here’s a checklist of what to do to speed your wireless connection up before you call your internet provider.

Clara V.
Clara V.6 Apr 2022
10-ways-to-improve-your-homes-internet-connection
David
David

Trying to follow up on my NBN connection request no response. Very very bad service

The price is tempting. First I tried to call them with no success. Emailed them after 3 days received an email stating they were in a training and will contact me. I had my reservations and didn't want to proceed with Epic. Again called as fee is lower than other providers. [Name Removed] picked up and advised they will process my NBN connection as soon as they received the request and it may take up to 48 hours. I have disconnected my current NBN connection and waiting for Epic to processed my NBN connection. I have been on phone for hours and emailed them. So far no responses even an acknowledgement. Already regretting and no way knowing what is going on. Very bad consumer service and bad start. Cancelling it. Do not be fooled by price.

Kel
KelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Empty promises...Took everyone's money and ran....again.

Clarence
ClarenceSydney, NSW

Average Experience Pre-Liquidation

Company went into liquidation 2 days

after I signed up left with no service and 100$ down have disputed it with my bank do not go with this provider ever there a scam finder.com is no longer a trusted source

ALEX O
ALEX OGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tried to connect with them about a month ago

Tried to connect with them about a month ago, was porting from Internode who are absolutely awesome. Firstly they debited my account over $96.77, considering the sign up process clearly stated it was only going to be for $55. The Port went across in less than an hour and for 2 days i had no internet, they said it was my modems fault, but it worked fine days earlier. In the end i just signed up to Internode again and ported back. I contacted my bank and requested a chargeback (Transaction Dispute) and got my money back 3 days later.
Totally understand why the went bust..

Thai
ThaiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Epic fail!

Epic NBN. I guess they knew they were always going to be a (epic) failure.

Couldn't connect me after 6 days. Connected to another service within a few hours. Couple of weeks later out of the blue, they disconnect my working service and transferred me over. I was charged pro rata + a month in advance $95. Worked for only 2 days before being disconnected. Went back to Tangerine with open arms and have had no problems since.
Have complained to TIO for a refund but now that the company have disappeared, I'm not likely to get any money back. Unfortunately for others, the loss may be more.

Awful - company liquidated

Horrible experience. Company has liquidated and left multiple users out of pocket. I received my modem but couldn’t connect. Epic didn’t respond to any of my emails and not answering phones. DO NOT recommend this company at all. Disgusted at the ppl who run this company as apparently they’ve done the same before!

Changed to Vodafone who offered me an excellent discount ($15 discount per month) as I’ve now bundled my mobile and home wifi. Was connected within an hour using my existing modem and couldn’t be happier.

Absolute scam.

Found this company on Finder, after a week worth of actual connection and them taking the cost for the modem & 2 months worth of payments, they cut me off and disappeared. Have reported them to the ombudsman to try and get my $290 back.