Equifax

Equifax

See the Best Credit Score / Credit Repair Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Can I rate it - 5 Stars...

Hi,
I am a receptionist for an accounting company and for the past few months Veda (equifax) has been charging us for an account we don't have. I have spent the past few months trying to get a hold of the company just to get an invoice or facts about this charge but could not get a hold of them. First they gave us an incorrect email address and after 3 calls I finally got the correct email address and a month later I still had no response. I have currently been on the phone with them for the past 3hrs and they still are not answering.

Hardik A.

Hardik A.Sydney, NSW

Its scam

I had apply to multiple lenders for car loan. So any one of them approve can buy car. Definitely i will not get all loan at. Once for a single car. Next day when went to buy iphone under optus account equifax blocked my credit.

ben b.

ben b.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

you got to be joking

I have a perfect credit history and never missed a payment. My credit score was downgraded by 40 points.
I rang Equifax and raised the question, a supervisor located overseas responded: The reason is that there is no activity on your file for the last 2 years which means I did not borrow more money.
So If anyone borrows money and apply for a credit the score is downgraded and if a Member does not borrow or apply for a credit for 2 years and never misses a payment then the score is downgraded because of NO ACTIVITY ON FILE.

GraceW

GraceWGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The most untrustworthy n ridiculous credit check ever!!!

First time not meet the credit check only because i don't have a credit history?!!! Geezzz, I don't even have a credit card!! Trying to sign up with iPrimus for internet, didn't meet their credit check, which provided by Equifax! Have called Equifax to see what's happen, they asked my credit situation n all things. In the end, they suggest me to order a credit report!.. I have been register with other companies who has credit check with oth agent, almost same questions, always good!!! Then I thought maybe sth wrong with my id, so was trying to register with my mum's id, interestingly, failed again!!! My mum dont have any illegal record hey, not even a fine! I just want to know what's you guys' standard for 'meet credit check'?!

Alee will

Alee willCentral Queensland, QLD

Not a free credit score at all!

As stated in title-was fooled by misleading add that say free credit score report..gave them all the ID I had nearly,I’m surprised they didn’t ask for bloody DNA,then to find i didn’t get the credit score resilts.called back and they said no it’s not free for the credit score you have to pay for that...BUT-after reading all these reviews I will NOT go near Equifax at all!!!

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Take Care

Recently selling my car but Revs wrongly identified the Model Year from the VIN number, this impacts the potential selling price.

VW Australia advised in writing the correct MY but when this was raised with Equifax they refused to correct the information on their site.

Which brings into question the accuracy of any of the information provided in their reporting, easy money.

Suggest reports are sought directly from the Australian Government site not through REVS.

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scam, their secret formula is a fraud

3 years of trying to deal with their so called secret credit score, getting information on how to fix etc... they are above the law it seems and AFCA doesn't even know who regulates them.
We should all gather take them to the high court of Australia and make them and the other 2 agencies (experian and Illion) that handle our sensitive information to release the secret formula, list the bad and good credit providers, and gives us the information we need to make good credit decisions. we are playing blind game and it needs to stop. Release the formula so we all can play the game fairly.

Freddy Trump

Freddy TrumpSydney, NSW

Worst Customer service ever!

I've been dealing with Equifax for many years and find their customer service to be utterly disgraceful. If I need to speak with the investigation team they are never available unless you get really angry and demand to be put through. What a load of garbage they do not accept calls.
The hold music is horrible and the service is worse.
I'd love to change providers but they have a monopoly over credit reports.

maddiesmum

maddiesmumQueensland

Complain to AFCA.

Mikaela P.

Mikaela P.South East Queensland, QLD

Would give zero stars if I could

I received a lot of grief after applying for a credit card, told that I have a credit card with a bank I have never used (different to the one applied to). Applied for a report from Equifax as advised by said bank to received a report in the WRONG NAME!! Horrendous, these people hold your financial details!!

Caroline Tilson

Caroline TilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Equifax is representing a scam company

Equifax is representing Clear Teleco which is a company that has scammed thousands of people. They are just as bad as the companies they so call say they will help you remove defaults. They are part of the problem!

MR R

MR RSydney, NSW

Hopeless service

The worse service I have ever seen. Different customer service officer tells different story. They can’t even resend a password within 72 hours. The previous I called said he already lodged a request to set a new password. After 72 hours I called today the lady who picked up the call said the same story.

Hannah B

Hannah BSydney, NSW

The worst possible credit company

Very frustrated with equifax. I was declined credit despite a very good credit rating - I do not know why and cannot seem to get any assistance from anyone. Honestly, I just want someone to have a look at it and help but no one will help me.

The call centre just passes the buck or fobs me off. If I am being declined credit, how am I meant to resolve the issue if I don't know what it is?

Deadset. Avoid at all costs.

JulesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Refusing to reimburse double up payment on account

I self-initiated Standard Annual Membership on Equifax in August '18. I was then told in February '19 that my membership had expired and that I could start a Subscription based membership. They also agreed to reimburse me the "unexpired" portion of the original membership. 3 weeks later I was told this reimbursement was NOT going to happen. I have therefore been "billed" twice for a similar service. The subscription based membership has now been cancelled AND I cant access the portal for the original August 2018 membership. Their "Customer Service" has denied my original Membership. NOT GOOD ENOUGH Equifax

Jules

I can now confirm that someone in this organisation has done the right thing and processed through the refund for initial membership. I suspect that the "Call Centre" were THE REASON why this issue occurred.

shootingstar

shootingstarWOULDN'T U LIKE 2KNOW, Nsw

Don't bother contacting them!!

I'm currently a member but not for much longer!! Called to get a copy of credit credit as it should have been updated as outstanding debt was paid.
It was extremely hard for the person who took my call to understand such a basic request!! I doubt very much their call centre is based in Australia!! God help us all with these idiots adding & supposedly removing things on our credit ratings we are all well & truly doomed!!!!!!!

Ross

RossPerth, WA

This Organisation controls your credit score! Ridiculous

Miss Capricorn

Miss CapricornMelbourne

Useless and hideous staff

Ended up taking equifax to the ombudsman and won. The call centre is overseas and the staff are useless and beyond rude. The company also doesn’t like to comply with the ombudsman request as the company, who is a credit agency of all things, a shambles.

WAM

WAMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very unhelpful and rude customer service agents

Stan

StanPerth

Wrong Name

I asked to cancel my Credit File Account, need to request 3 time before acknowledge, the they Address me the WRONG name Mr William, which i am Not that person, and here is what they said:
We apologise for any confusion, upon checking on our record you have requested your membership with Equifax Plus to be cancelled immediately.
How do you trust this Equifax to handle your personal details?

They are not updated

In a month my credit score was dropped almost 200 points . I called to customer care and not received satisfaction answer. They did not update my file on the time

Jacko

Jackoasked

Today i purchased a phone plan and I lost 60 points for that credit check. Is that normal?

BruserSnr
BruserSnr

Seems to be normal for Equifax. Sorry, I'm being sarcastic. Seriously, it is normal for accesses and enquiries to be noted on your file. I'm not sure how they can justify point loss for it, though.

Ccc
Ccc

10-15 points for each telco credit check (approx).

Kyliefirfilioni

Kyliefirfilioniasked

Is anyone knows how can I ban all my bank transactions?

Lilaclue
Lilaclue

I would contact your bank and ask them. If they are using your credit card, cancel it and have it replaced perhaps.

Cuddie
Cuddie

I have had the same problem with Veda a few years ago , on contacting my Bank I was told to cancel the card involved which did stop the mongrel thieves from accessing more of my money...........

kwv42asked

Could you please tell me the contact number?

As all I had was a email, even those on their website they said they can be contacted by phone.

lexxel
lexxel

they do have a phone number somewhere - however they have made it nearly impossible to find due to the aspects that they are a completely dishonest company

Veda declares legal statements upon investigations to FOS (Financial Ombudsman Services), yet I have tape recordings of Veda making statements to me directly on the phone that turns their statements made upon legal investigation as complete fraud.

Be aware if you do manage to speak to them on the phone, tape record them as they are completely dishonest

1300 762 207

kwv42

After trying for a number of months.

It is impossible to contact Veda via call centre as I rang the number for declined application it was sales, I ask for customer service I was given the sales number again, another number I was given had a recorded message saying this number was disconnected and another number was a company not Veda or part of Veda.

But I found a email address from The Financial Ombudsman Service and it is customerrelations.au@veda.com.au