Equifax

Equifax

See the Best Credit Score / Credit Repair in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Not a free credit score at all!

As stated in title-was fooled by misleading add that say free credit score report..gave them all the ID I had nearly,I’m surprised they didn’t ask for bloody DNA,then to find i didn’t get the credit score resilts.called back and they said no it’s not free for the credit score you have to pay for that...BUT-after reading all these reviews I will NOT go near Equifax at all!!!

Take Care

Recently selling my car but Revs wrongly identified the Model Year from the VIN number, this impacts the potential selling price.

VW Australia advised in writing the correct MY but when this was raised with Equifax they refused to correct the information on their site.

Which brings into question the accuracy of any of the information provided in their reporting, easy money.

Suggest reports are sought directly from the Australian Government site not through REVS.

Scam, their secret formula is a fraud

3 years of trying to deal with their so called secret credit score, getting information on how to fix etc... they are above the law it seems and AFCA doesn't even know who regulates them.
We should all gather take them to the high court of Australia and make them and the other 2 agencies (experian and Illion) that handle our sensitive information to release the secret formula, list the bad and good credit providers, and gives us the information we need to make good credit decisions. we are playing blind game and it needs to stop. Release the formula so we all can play the game fairly.

Worst Customer service ever!

I've been dealing with Equifax for many years and find their customer service to be utterly disgraceful. If I need to speak with the investigation team they are never available unless you get really angry and demand to be put through. What a load of garbage they do not accept calls.
The hold music is horrible and the service is worse.
I'd love to change providers but they have a monopoly over credit reports.

Complain to AFCA.

Equifax- previously trading as Veda Advantage, were taken to the Federal Court last year by the ACCC.
I encourage those persons adversely affected or having difficulty with this company to lodge a complaint with AFCA as I have recently done.
It is extremely concerning some of the main banks in Australia are checking credit applicants credit history with this company given their level of incompetence and inability to maintain correct personal financial records.
Equifax have failed to provide me with my free credit report.
Three times the Phillipines call centre staff failed to locate/ identify me in their system after giving them my full name, date of birth, phone number, email, addresses, employers name, and drivers license and obstructed/ refused to transfer my call to a supervisor or someone in Australia.
They even asked for but I did not give them- my medicare number, a copy of my birth certificate or passport or bank statements.
I would go so far as to call them " Identity Thieves".
I have made a complaint to AFCA, the new financial complaints authority.
Emails to Equifaxes complaints department just bounce back, were unable to be delivered by my telco over 46 hrs.
Why are our banks continuing to use an offshore processing company located in an area of known political instability and corruption?

I Understand Equifax Is Owned/controlled By Debt Collection Company/ies

I started checking monthly from Nov 2017 to make sure they credit my score with any points I'm suppose to earn having had no defaults in the previous month. Around 75% of the months I receive no points at all with me receiving around 10 points in the other months.
In the last 20mths I've had ZERO defaults/late payments yet my credit score has only increased 58 points (the last increase being 11 points in April 2019 - 3 months ago).
(At the current rate they're adding points to my credit score without me defaulting or applying for credit it'll take more than 35yrs to achieve an excellent rating at which time I'll be 87yo)

Would give zero stars if I could

I received a lot of grief after applying for a credit card, told that I have a credit card with a bank I have never used (different to the one applied to). Applied for a report from Equifax as advised by said bank to received a report in the WRONG NAME!! Horrendous, these people hold your financial details!!

Equifax is representing a scam company

Equifax is representing Clear Teleco which is a company that has scammed thousands of people. They are just as bad as the companies they so call say they will help you remove defaults. They are part of the problem!

Hopeless service

The worse service I have ever seen. Different customer service officer tells different story. They can’t even resend a password within 72 hours. The previous I called said he already lodged a request to set a new password. After 72 hours I called today the lady who picked up the call said the same story.

The worst possible credit company

Very frustrated with equifax. I was declined credit despite a very good credit rating - I do not know why and cannot seem to get any assistance from anyone. Honestly, I just want someone to have a look at it and help but no one will help me.

The call centre just passes the buck or fobs me off. If I am being declined credit, how am I meant to resolve the issue if I don't know what it is?

Deadset. Avoid at all costs.

Refusing to reimburse double up payment on account

I self-initiated Standard Annual Membership on Equifax in August '18. I was then told in February '19 that my membership had expired and that I could start a Subscription based membership. They also agreed to reimburse me the "unexpired" portion of the original membership. 3 weeks later I was told this reimbursement was NOT going to happen. I have therefore been "billed" twice for a similar service. The subscription based membership has now been cancelled AND I cant access the portal for the original August 2018 membership. Their "Customer Service" has denied my original Membership. NOT GOOD ENOUGH Equifax

Apparently, "Customer Service" is in 2 places (Offshore and in Australia - Somewhere). I have just received a reply email from the Australian Centre stating that my refund of the double-up payment is going to happen in 5 - 7 days. WE SHALL SEE if this happens. I'm not holding my breath on a resolution of this! Stay tunedI can now confirm that someone in this organisation has done the right thing and processed through the refund for initial membership. I suspect that the "Call Centre" were THE REASON why this issue occurred.

Don't bother contacting them!!

I'm currently a member but not for much longer!! Called to get a copy of credit credit as it should have been updated as outstanding debt was paid.
It was extremely hard for the person who took my call to understand such a basic request!! I doubt very much their call centre is based in Australia!! God help us all with these idiots adding & supposedly removing things on our credit ratings we are all well & truly doomed!!!!!!!

This Organisation controls your credit score! Ridiculous

I regularly check my credit file, every year I check all 3 Australian agencies, for some reason this year they say Credit Corp made an application for Credit using an incorrect address in NSW, I'm in WA, they flat out refuse to remove this false address, and I even have Credit Corp assisting as they know nothing of the address or the supposed Credit application, and there isn't one. They also, as others have stated, send me emails with the wrong name and details and flat out refuse to acknowledge this.
I am really surprised that the call centre is overseas, and that a credit reporting agency responsible to keep accurate information on Australian consumers, is as useless as this mob are. Be very careful that your score isnt affected, mine is with them, not other agencies just Equifax, I am taking it further.

Useless and hideous staff

Ended up taking equifax to the ombudsman and won. The call centre is overseas and the staff are useless and beyond rude. The company also doesn’t like to comply with the ombudsman request as the company, who is a credit agency of all things, a shambles.

Very unhelpful and rude customer service agents

I have recently moved to Oz from UK and rented a property, applied for a energy connection with only to find out that i cannot get it because I failed the credit check with Equifax. So, I called the customer care where the agent insisted that Equifax is not responsible for you not getting any energy connection and he can't help me with anything, I asked him can you pass the call to someone who can, to which he started shouting disclaimers on the phone repeatedly and denied passing the call to someone else. Horrible experience!!!
I am new to the country and only looking to find some information regarding who this company is and how can they deny me anything in this country?
Now apparently I have bad credit history and will continue to fail any future credit checks but the person does not want to tell me how to fix it. I have only been here three months, what could I have done to my credit history!

Wrong Name

I asked to cancel my Credit File Account, need to request 3 time before acknowledge, the they Address me the WRONG name Mr William, which i am Not that person, and here is what they said:
We apologise for any confusion, upon checking on our record you have requested your membership with Equifax Plus to be cancelled immediately.
How do you trust this Equifax to handle your personal details?

They are not updated

In a month my credit score was dropped almost 200 points . I called to customer care and not received satisfaction answer. They did not update my file on the time

Take an arrogant position on my information...

Contacted these charlatans yesterday to discuss an unknown problem with my file. Confirmed all of my details and was told that they required my current emoloyer. When I refused, on the basis that they already had too much info on me (without my approval) they flatly refused to hand over the file.

I reiterated that I am not their "customer" and all I wanted was to see some suspected fraudulent activity on MY file with MY information, they still refused.

I can't believe in 2018, that a company like this exists!

Scan wasting your time and money keep away

I paid 900 dollars to fix my credit report and they emailed me back all good then star to receive calls from credit corp every day to pay $13000 I called Equifax I was informed that I have to pay that amount they mentioned the amount who they knew the amount, I believe Equifax and credit corp same company have two phone numbers keep away scanning many people

Total nonsense company scammers 100%

They subscribe you when you don’t ask for it, your emails don’t load. Limited call times. They are the worst, no logic in their process, you highlight an issue and sollee cannot help you. Go to hell.

Today i purchased a phone plan and I lost 60 points for that credit check. Is that normal?
Seems to be normal for Equifax. Sorry, I'm being sarcastic. Seriously, it is normal for accesses and enquiries to be noted on your file. I'm not sure how they can justify point loss for it, though.10-15 points for each telco credit check (approx).

Is anyone knows how can I ban all my bank transactions?
I would contact your bank and ask them. If they are using your credit card, cancel it and have it replaced perhaps.I have had the same problem with Veda a few years ago , on contacting my Bank I was told to cancel the card involved which did stop the mongrel thieves from accessing more of my money...........

Could you please tell me the contact number? As all I had was a email, even those on their website they said they can be contacted by phone.
they do have a phone number somewhere - however they have made it nearly impossible to find due to the aspects that they are a completely dishonest company Veda declares legal statements upon investigations to FOS (Financial Ombudsman Services), yet I have tape recordings of Veda making statements to me directly on the phone that turns their statements made upon legal investigation as complete fraud. Be aware if you do manage to speak to them on the phone, tape record them as they are completely dishonest1300 762 207After trying for a number of months. It is impossible to contact Veda via call centre as I rang the number for declined application it was sales, I ask for customer service I was given the sales number again, another number I was given had a recorded message saying this number was disconnected and another number was a company not Veda or part of Veda. But I found a email address from The Financial Ombudsman Service and it is customerrelations.au@veda.com.au