Equifax

Equifax

1.1

If I could give Equifax a zero (0), I would...

Astonishingly appalling business with inadequate untrained staff who think they know what they are doing.

Have spent 3 weeks resubmitting documents that they say are inadequate. Conversations with them prove fruitless as staff need serious retraining. An extremely frustrating businesses to interact with. Wasted money.

Phil P

Phil P

I won't work for an employer who uses them

Dallas

DallasSydney, NSW

Their scoring system is inaccurate, services are rated 1 star. Surprised that the banks rely on their scoring system.

My credit report is completely clean, no missed payments, no court judgements, no credit cards, no car loans, only loans are mortgages that have no missed payments since they were taken out.

The only instance when i went apply for the buy now pay later account, the technical glitch with their submit buttons caused me to hit the submit multiple times, resulting in multiple enquiries on my account.

My credit score dropped because of this. Equifax scoring system doesn't account for technical mistakes like this. This caused me to miss out on make a great return on the property i wanted to purchase last year.

Don't use their services (Fit2Work)

It's been a month but still haven't got the police check result back. Don't bother contacting their customer service, it's completely useless. They can't even do a follow up on my case, which they promised. It's just full of frustration and desperation, feel like they're keeping you from getting a job deliberately.

Roze

RozeSydney, NSW

Appalling Customer Service

Take your $ and take far too long to process application
Did not bother to answer questions when on online chat
Would NOT recommend at all, I was directed to Fit2Work when I applied for a job, bad move

Lauren S.

Lauren S.Queensland

Horrible experience

The worst service ever

Veda the old company was the best sense Equifax got it they have very bad service with no experience what so ever. I wouldn’t recommend it at all.
they just good at charging you money every month.

Kerry

KerryPerth, WA

Incorrect Information Relating to Me

Equifax have 2 incorrect addresses for me, where I have never lived. They were also holding information that was out of date by over 16 years, and 32 years. When I contacted them, I was told they obtain their information from credit suppliers. NOT CORRECT, the information was incorrectly recorded by Equifax. Information has still not been corrected after 5 weeks.

Kochie

KochieSydney, NSW

What happened?

The veda dashboard was lovely, nice and easy to look at, easy to navigate. We seem to have gone back to 1995 website viewing with the new "updated" rubbish. It looks like something i put together in year 6 IT class. Dont get me started on Customer service - perhaps hiring a couple of English speakers would be a good start.

John E

John EAU

Australian Government need to wake up!

When is the Australian Government and AFCA going to wake up and see this company for what they are - a joke. There is too much emphasis by lenders on incorrect information and false reporting. Maybe Equifax need ANOTHER multi million dollar fine to get their act together!!!!

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Atrocious, absolutely atrocious service

I wasted nearly a day attempting to complete application for police check with repeated calls to customer service. I'm a student and was charged full price. Woeful dealing with them.

Nadi

NadiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good luck with this terrible agency

It take ages them to amend something. Customer service is terrible. I am about to lose the opportunity to buy a house for the 2nd time because of this company. They have my middle name incorrect and I have been contacting there customer service and sent documents by certified mail, uploaded them and it’s been weeks I have disputed the same thing few times with same result. The bank can not get a credit report from them because of the name discrepancy. I have done everything from my side and even with the documents they cant seem to get it correct.

Worst experience ever!

My credit file was ‘data matched’ with another persons file 2yrs ago resulting in me being hounded by debit collectors and unable to obtain finance. At the time the service was great, two years later same thing has happened. Waiting for 2 months- still no resolution! How can such a peak body handle my information with such little regard! I am beyond disappointed and will be making formal complaints!

George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Personal Information Stealer

Trying to steal your personal information and fake the businesses like they know everything about you. Know nothing. Steal everything as much as can and doing nasty business. I will jail them if I am a judge.

GERI

GERIPerth, WA

Inaccurate reporting

This company gives inaccurate reports so don't waste your money on using their service.
There needs to be some accountability for supplying false personal and business information that effects peoples access to credit.

You're in their hands... Good luck!!!

The big problem with this mob is that all the financial institutions seems to take their word as Gospel.

I never knew that shopping around for a loan would reduce my credit rating!!

They had incorrect information on my file which has impacted on me.

Contact AFCA and lodge a complaint against this lot... I have and the more people that do it the better chance they can get kicked in the butt and be more consumer friendly.

Look at the reviews, if this was any other company with such rubbish you'd go nowhere near them. Have this mob even responded to any reviews. Their silence says a lot.

Complain loud & hard against this lot.

gil

gilSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

I rang them twice at different occasions and asked about general product information, in both occassions they are unable to provide any useful information on their own products. Very useless. Unfortunately lots of credit providers use their reports hopefully they stop use them in future.

We need a class action against this company

I planned to switch my energy provider and got rejected from a provider on the ground of low rating from Equifax. Like many reviews here I have no issues at all with financial matters. I contacted Equifax to demand what information did they give to the provider and they asked all personal information and even asked for driver license no and Medicare card no that I refused to give. They said that they will send to me my file in 15 days. I don’t understand how someone collected my information and provide those information for others without consulting me!? And if they provide wrong information as many reported here they would harm us and I know for sure is my case. We need to do something about this!

Francisco

FranciscoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Seems dodgy

I went to their website because they advertised free credit scores. I ordered my credit score from them and recieved it the next day. However, it wasn't my credit score but my credit report. I go to their dodgy website to contact them via email however it it does not work properly. At the end of the form I click on the 'not a robot' checkbox in the 'recapcha' box. But it keeps returning an error saying I didn't answer the question properly. But there is no question to answer, there is only a check box. Overall, false advertising and dodgy website.