Ergon Energy QLD

• Rates and Fees
Dean

Deancairns

criminals !!!

if any other business was run this way they would be closed down and prosecuted , but because its government subsidised it isnt, so in effect we are subsidising our own electricity supply and have no alternative choice in Cairns, my account was altered to monthly after smart meter was installed and had the audacity to threaten to cut me off when it was overdue and if i remained on quarterly bills as i have for 12 years then i wouldnt have even had a bill for another 2 months !!
My gate and lock was forced for meter to be installed and exterior socket for generator was also damaged , about $400 in repairs.... obviously its still ongoing as they dont give a hoot...
Criminals with government backing.

Pat B

Pat BNorth Queensland, QLD

ERGON needs competition.

Web site next to useless. Limited payment options. Third world supply service. But when you have no competition and controlled by government guess your free to provide the level of service you see fit. Dealing with Telstra was the same - until competition arrived. Hopefully someone can provide some competition to this outfit in North Queensland. Sign me up. Reviews on these pages pretty well sum it up.

Sean

SeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Charge double due to faulty meters

Ergon steal money from users with faulty meters and don’t refund when caught out. Bills are double what they should be. Avoid. And if you have no choice but Ergon for electricity - get meter tested and contact ombudsman if bills are higher than average.

Dipak

DipakDarling Downs, QLD

unattendant complaints for faulty relay on hot water system.

Aza

AzaNew Auckland

Ergon Energys "Rewards" program

Ergon offers direct debit users a bonus of $75 every 3 months if you use direct debit. Then they make sure your monthly deduction is the exact amount, that you can never use the bonus "Reward". They should change the name to fraud, scam or hustle.

Mia Y.

Mia Y.Far North Queensland, QLD

Terrible charging fee

Close my acc, they unsuccessfully twice to access in the apartment to check the final meter, I offered them to contact me if there is any problem however the staff said they wont give any call and told me the staff who regular check metre box are different then the staff who check the final mater therefore they can find the place then they cant.

katty_murt

katty_murtNorth Queensland, QLD

Ripped off!!

We were made to install the new smart meter and bills have tripled. Absolutely disgusted with the service and no one cares. No competition in north qld. Why don’t we have a choice? Bring back the old meters!

Theresa G.

Theresa G.Far North Queensland, QLD

No communication

ServicesElectricity

Ergon monopoly in Townsville and they can't even provide power some days

Since moving to Townsville, I've discovered that Ergon energy is the only provider for electricity in this region. Of course this means power costs more than the rest of Australia and to add insult to injury this morning there was a brownout. If you're going to overcharge you should atleast provide a reliable service.

Pathetic

Over priced, appalling timing for servicing. Two days cut off in the height of summer. Absolutely zero customer service, have the market monopolised & price accordingly. Don’t get me started on customer service....

ServicesElectricity

Long Dark Weekend, cant portray in 30 words how bad Ergon is.

Just posted away from family with defence, friday 9am power 3pm no power. Fridge full of food in a townville summer. I had been de energized no power till monday, forced day off work because they don't know how to use a phone and call before they show up between 8am and 1 pm. what in this age takes takes that long really. I will ensure none of my teams EVER use's ergon as long as i can stand. 29.9 degrees with relative humidity 83 at 930 pm. no words come to mind that i can use on this platform.........bravo Ergon you really are the worst in the southern hemisphere.

Dani

DaniQld

Very high & unnecessary fees

We have solar power and, due to its installation, we’re upgraded to a digital meter as part of the solar install. We opted to disable the digital meter modem. Despite the rest of our street still using the old analog meters (so meter reader man already reads for the street) EVERY bill we are lumped we are with both a meter reading charge AND a digital meter modem disabled charge. $30 per bill, every bill. I hardly see that as inline with costs incurred. We pay more each bill in fees ($150) then we do for electricity!

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Worst Customer service of any electric company

Disgusted Local
Disgusted Local
Odette

OdetteNorth Queensland, QLD

Worst Power Company

Over priced and utter scammers that get away with it and the government does nothing. There is such a thing as ripping people and Ergon is top of the list. Worst company with the worst customer service.

ServicesElectricity

Just get rid of them. Toowoomba says enough!

Total and utter rip off. How these corrupt fatcats are allowed to get away with the ludicrous amount they charge for electricity is beyond me. They're disgusting, and the customer service (would we even call it that?) is...well....just...ew. The day that a new power provider arrives in Toowoomba is the day Ergon will cease to exist here and yes, they'll be waved off by all of us with joined echos of relieved laughter, and a huge rendition of "Na na na na, hey hey hey, GOODBYE" from all of us! Can't wait to see them gone!
Please, ORIGIN...AGL...End these Ergon idiots already :) please?!

Eloopja

EloopjaNowra

Arrogance + Malice + Incompetence = Ergon

Jet

JetAustralia

Call Centre Mel

This is a 5* review for Call Centre customer service personnel - Mel (north Queensland).

I contacted the EEQ call centre with a billing query and Mel took the time to step me through my bill and help me locate the information I was after. She was polite and very kind in her manner, especially considering I obviously couldn't decipher what was written.

Lovely call centre customer service, thank you for a wonderful experience. I can only hope all the Call Centre personnel are the same. And thank you EEQ for keeping our call centre jobs in Australia.

Roger s.

Roger s.Far North Queensland, QLD

Just typical of a state owned company

Doug

DougAttunga

Completely useless online support - avoid using 'myaccount' for anything.

STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING

I am frequently contacted by various interstate electricity providers advising me that they can provide extremely competitive pricing for electricity. UNTIL...
I advise them that I live in QLD, I am usually met with a frustrated sigh or a heartfelt condolence for my unfixalbe situation. It seems there is no solution for customers unfortunate to live in QLD suffering embedded exorbedent power tarrifs issued by an untouchable supplier. Why are we, the VOTERS of QLD accepting this corrupt behavior.
Just opened my power bill - ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!