Ergon Energy QLD

Ergon Energy QLD

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Eloopja

EloopjaNowra

Arrogance + Malice + Incompetence = Ergon

Jet

JetAustralia

Call Centre Mel

This is a 5* review for Call Centre customer service personnel - Mel (north Queensland).

I contacted the EEQ call centre with a billing query and Mel took the time to step me through my bill and help me locate the information I was after. She was polite and very kind in her manner, especially considering I obviously couldn't decipher what was written.

Lovely call centre customer service, thank you for a wonderful experience. I can only hope all the Call Centre personnel are the same. And thank you EEQ for keeping our call centre jobs in Australia.

Roger s.

Roger s.Far North Queensland, QLD

Just typical of a state owned company

Doug

DougAttunga

Completely useless online support - avoid using 'myaccount' for anything.

STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING

I am frequently contacted by various interstate electricity providers advising me that they can provide extremely competitive pricing for electricity. UNTIL...
I advise them that I live in QLD, I am usually met with a frustrated sigh or a heartfelt condolence for my unfixalbe situation. It seems there is no solution for customers unfortunate to live in QLD suffering embedded exorbedent power tarrifs issued by an untouchable supplier. Why are we, the VOTERS of QLD accepting this corrupt behavior.
Just opened my power bill - ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!

Rusty

RustyMaryborough

Harrassing

Ergon energy harass their customers even after they have made payment plans. I received 5 phone calls in 2 days from them and their debt collection agency.i told them that the bill would be paid in full but they kept calling me about the same thing.if they would transfer the electricity from one property to your new address this issue could have been saved,and there is no other electricity company in this area that we can go through.bloody good one don't you think.

The power drops out often

The power drops out often normally at an inconvenient time not very happy with the power supply in my area.

John Common

John CommonGin Gin

Ergon, business or communist government dictatorship?

Monopoly on power options for our region

I've wanted to change power companies for many years because of all the type of issues this feedback blog highlights but have no other option because there isn't one... Well done Ergon you can remain unsympathetic to all the complaints you receive and don't have to worry about improving your customer service, general service or overpriced tariffs' because you have a Monopoly in my area...

Andy

AndyGlenwood

Constant blackouts

4 days of rain , 4 black outs, I live in glenwood,unfortunately every day it rains we get blackouts, amazing how electricity is so expensive, yet our lines are like we live in a third world country, pathetic, and yes it's a government owned company, so if you are thinking of moving out this way, prepare yourself for blackout after blackout after blackout,as ergon is the only company that does power, there is no choice...

Bearxx.94

Bearxx.94Darling Downs, QLD

Cost too much

Closed my account account beginning of the year. Finalized all owing monies and was going about normal day to day to get a text message saying my account is overdue. I call them up 15 minutes of trying to get past the automative thing to then waiting another 30 minutes to talk to a human. Then trying to argue with the lady that i paid all owing monies. Then having to wait another 20 minutes on hold to find out my account before the last one from 19 months ago wasnt paid in full because some one stuffed up. Now owe more money that i wad told i had previously paid but now they are saying i havent paid them. They are the dodgiest company ever. To bad they are the only energy company in toowoomba.

Irresponsible company!

Estimated our bill for over 18months, then hit us with the difference no warning and no reason the meter was not read correctly.

Good product but almost unafordable.

I just have to honestly say that the cost of the power that Ergon Energy provide is good reliable power but it is getting to a point where I am considering cutting away electricity all together as its truly becoming painfully unaffordable. Please consider selling your product at a more affordable rate such as 9c per KWH.

Worst company I ever dealt with.

I moved to new house, Ergon is the ONLY electricity provider in the area. First bill issued after owning property 3 weeks & using power part time 2 weeks was outrageously expensive. All efforts to contact company are in vain. Phone system is out of Orwell's 1984 with robot only service. Emailed the problem, no reply. Obvious they have a don't give a rat's butt attitude to customers. Absolutely disgusting mob of fools.

They vetted my comment!, the last line I actually wrote a five letter (plural) word that most know the slang as "drop kicks" & they changed it to "fools".

Chris S

Chris SDarling Downs, QLD

No Choice

Have been connected with them for 9 months. Because the previous owner of the property had his HWS connected to the general tariff, I have to pay over $200 to connect it to the cheaper tariff.
They sent me the first bill on time, but since then and after many phone calls no more bills until last week, but they are still not up to date. Ergon then reversed the 9 month old bill and charged an extra $800 or so on that bill plus the other bills they sent. We are supposed to get monthly bills. The call center staff can't actually do anything to help you, they just take the details and pass them on. No explanations as to why they reverse a bill then re issue at a lot higher amount. We have no choice in providers.

calliandra

calliandraMount Julian

Disgusting as far as customer service goes. NedEs to be 24-7 lke the rest of the world - TWO ACCOUN

Customer phone service totally inadequate in this day and age - needs to be 24/7 like the rest of the world.

NU16

NU16Western Australia

Should be negative stars

Absolutely appalling company. Bills can be 6X the previous one despite using less electricity during that bill cycle. Staff are useless and rude. It's a disgrace to the Australian government that remote communities in QLD are given no choice but to put up with this disgraceful company and it's corrupt ways. Hundreds spent on 'service fees' each bill yet the only 'service' we receive is being put on hold or getting two days notice to pay a ridiculous bill.. absolutely disgusting.

Davo

DavoTownsville

Abrupt and unhelpful customer service

With our electricity bills getting higher each quarter I telephoned Ergon for some information on tariffs and ways to reduce our bill. Whenever I asked a question I was told to go to the website as the information was there. The girl was either unable to answer my questions or just wanted to get me off the phone, I could not ascertain, but was very unhelpful and abrupt. Unfortunately I cannot take my business elsewhere as there is no competition in North Queensland, hopefully one day this will change.

Bilsco

BilscoWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Ergon Energy QLD the third world provider.

Great Service

I just want to thank the team who restored my power yesterday. After a lightening strike my power went out. It was in the middle of a raging storm. Within two hours my power had been restored. Great work guys. Thank you.
Doreen Ward