Eric Car Insurance

Eric Car Insurance

Terrible insurance company. Do NOT take out a policy with them.

Claim was approved in February and I just received a call from Eric Insurance to get in touch with Macquarie bank who weren’t able to disclose any details due to security reasons. Absolute joke of a business.

Do not engage with them.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Vanja, thank you for your feedback. I understand that one of our team members has already been in contact with you to provide an update and the situation is resolved. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

I'm tempted to report this Insurance to 60minutes or Current Affair

Dodgy people.
A whole week i tried. I have been sitting on the phone for more than 2hrs waiting for someone to take my call. Nothing but their standard greeting which really doesn't offer any help at all. I am beyond disappointment. And I'm tempted to confront the guy at the dealer who gave us this Car Insurance.
I honestly can't fathom how these people can make money in the expense of innocent honest people who are just trying to get through their day.

Horrible

Horrible service - it would take weeks to get a reply and also they gave no warning when my policy ran out. A simple letter of warning would have been nice!!

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Claim MadeNo

Horrible customer service

Have been trying to make a claim for 2 months now and my login will not work and I have been trying to contact them and when they reply it is no no help at all.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Bazz, sorry to hear you're unhappy with your experience. You can make a claim either by calling us on 1800 999 977 or by filling out a claim form by visiting our website https://claims.ericinsurance.com.au/. Alternatively, you can PM us your full name, policy number and contact details here on Product Review and one of our Claims team will be in touch.

What do u cover

Where in my policy does it state that you dont cover for DPS ??? Cant see it written. Paid for nothing.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Krissy, we will be happy to assist you with your enquiry. Please PM us your contact details including your policy number, full name, and address in order for our Customer Service team to contact you. Or you can call us on (03) 1800 999 977.

Terrible customer service

They don't really provide any customer service, had to call them 3 times just to get policy document! Only other letter i got from them is to say they're increasing my premium by 40% not explanation. Signed up with RAC, better device and still cheaper... Don't sign up with them!

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Jason, sorry to hear you're unsatisfied with your experience. We really would like to discuss what happened with you further so we can improve our services and help you get those documents ASAP if we haven't already. If you would like to PM us your full name, contact details and policy number we can get on that right away!

EXTENDED CAR WARRANTY INSURANCE NOT VALUE FOR MONEY

When I bought my VW in 2013 I took out an extended warranty to mean the car had a warranty for 6 years. There were two faults in this understanding. One was that the period commences on the car build date. I bought my car at the end of February 2013. The car's build date was December 20, 2012. The extended warranty therefore "protected" me for only 5.75 years. Worse are the terms of the policy. It is sold so as to make the insured person think that anything covered by the new car warranty that might need attention over the six years would be covered by the policy. NOT SO! The policy excludes cover for anything requiring (expensive) attention that is caused by "normal wear and tear". Eric adopts a broad interpretation of this clause so that, by year 5, almost anything that goes wrong is defined as caused by normal wear and tear. I have heard car experts on radio talking about these policies and advising against them as bad value for money. This is my experience with Eric and I will not be taking this option up when I buy my next car. The consumer programs on TV and CHOICE magazine also warn about extended warranty programs for all products, not just vehicles. My recent dealings with Eric were very unsatisfactory. They are not transparent, providing no reasoning for their adverse decisions and they rely on the vehicle owner's reluctance to appeal decisions because the owner is keen to get the repair work done to regain possession of the car. It is, is short, a rotten system.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Michael, we’re sorry to hear you’re dissatisfied with your experience. We appreciate all types of feedback and would like to discuss this further if possible so that we can fully understand your circumstances. If you would like to PM us your full name, policy number and contact details we can give you a call. Otherwise, please feel free to review our customer feedback and disputes resolution process here: https://ericinsurance.com.au/customer-feedback/

Big fat con, wish I didn’t get extended warranty with them

Had a split
Hose fixed through Eric insurance warranty and thought yes they deliver, when went back to mechanics and he changed battery then put scanner on car and it said blocked
Dpf filter. Mechanic said split hose caused it, send copy to Eric Ins but they won’t cover it. So annoyed if didn’t have split hose would be no problem. They covered hose on warranty, no sense, maybe coz hose cheap and dpf is about 3000. Totally don’t recommend this dodgy company.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Sof, sorry to hear you’re not happy with our services. If you could PM us with your details, or give us a call on 1800 999 977, we can further advise and clarify the outcomes this claim.

No Empathy

Some damage my car in a shopping centre car park no details left. Have to pay excess due to no fault from myself. Need the car for medical reasons. Absolutely appalling.

Insurance claim madeYes

What a complete joke of a company

Wow, what can I say. If you ever experience financial hardship due to injury or illness there’s a high chance this company will do jack about it.
Having several different illnesses with proof of each illness just doesn’t cut it. Absolutely Pathetic. I will be cancelling my policy with them.

Very happy with Vehicle Extended warranty

Took out insurance on purchase of a E-class Mercedes from Graysonline, have had 2 claims $1500 each (starter & turbo tubes), rang claim number given, Merc dealer did work, sent invoice, paid everything

Over Priced & Rejects all Claims

Was sold the policy last year on the 12th August 201, i acutely purchased 3 extended policy's & was told the only thing not covered was the Trim but every claim is rejected! had a Fault with my Q7 they wouldn't pay $500 to diagnose the fault but with cover the part if it was a faulty part! Today my sisters Q5 the exhaust System isn't covered! what a waste of time & MONEY

As i paid with my credit card of to my back to dispute the charges.

Insurance claim madeYes

Worst company I have ever dealt with

When I purchased my car I was also pushed into taking out loan coverage insurance with Eric just in case I lost my job the car salesman was very insistent I take it and I foolishly listened. Now recently I lost my job due to no fault of my own so I made a claim on my supposed insurance, it took them over 3 weeks to finally constant me despite numerous phone calls and emails from me to them it is now nearly 2 months later and I still have no answer from them. These guys really are a terrible company I would advise everyone to steer well clear of these guys and stuck with a reputable insurance consonant.

Find someone else

72% increase in insurance premiums and they say their computer has studied the risks etc driver hasn't changed, no accidents same parking place. Then when you find a better option they charge you $50 to cancel the policy ...shop around people.

Absolutely atrocious

Eric insurance are terrible i urge anyone with them to cancel their policy as they will find a way to screw you and avoid paying for your claim or they will send you to a dodgy repairer

A terrible experience

This company is a bunch of con artists. They get pushy salesman at car yards to offer you rubbish protection then don't even pay up when you make a claim. Avoid at all costs.

Great Extended Warranty

I compared and analyzed the Eric 5 Star Plan A Extended Warranty for weeks to ensure it met my needs and provided valuable coverage. I ended up purchasing two policies for my European vehicles. The policies were at an excellent price, considering the potential cost of repairs and the comprehensive coverage they provided.
I Have had to claim three times, each time the process has been easy and stress less.
The repairer registred the claim on my behalf was able to communicate with the Insurer The repair authority was issued the day the fault was discovered and the insured was invoices directly.
I Would recommend the Eric 5 Star Plan A to anyone who wants to have comprehensive coverage at a reasonable price.

Don't do it

This insurance was sold to me as being peace of mind for the old vehicle i was buying in case it has issues. Well it has issues and they say that its not covered because the vehicle is old .... Well ummmm i know that's why you sold me the policy. Everything can be written off as wear and tear and then they don't have to pay. I am looking into starting a class action on this fraudulent insurance. Please contact me if you would like to join me.

Insurance claim madeYes

Beware complete fraud & rip off

Policirs are noy worth the paper they are written on Eric Insurance will do anything to get out of paying a claim
They are not a company you should deal with they take your money and offer no service

Insurance claim madeYes

Great Insurance provider for warranty insurance

Dont believe all the negative press about Warranty insurance providers, Eric Insurance in my opinion were great to deal with.I bought a used Bmw X5 with low kilometers from a ford dealership back in august 2017.When buying the car I was offered the warranty insurance via eric insurance which I purchased not thinking I would need to make a claim as the car was in A1 condition but took it out of peace of mind.Fast forward to april this year when my engine started making a noise I found out from BMW the timing chain was gone which needed immediate repair.I was devastated as its my family car and work wagon.I called eric insurance they were immediately very helpful and dealt with the BMW mechanics on my behalf and lived upto there end of the deal covering 98% of the repair.I cannot recommend them highly enough and will definitely advise anyone looking to get car warranty insurance to go through them as I will continue to use their policys.

Insurance claim madeYes

I’m just wondering why it’s taking so long for this claim to be sorted we have supplied all the documentation that was asked for when I spoke to them yesterday they said we were waiting for more information from the dr to see if was a pre existing injury and any other stall tactics so the bottom line is we feel your looking for an excuse not to cover this claim she worked every day until she ended up in hospital for emergency surgery you have wanted proof of employment because she was a contractor so guys give us an answer and a resolution to this please
Hi Midway, thank you for your enquiry. To preserve your privacy, unfortunately we cannot give you any answers here. If you could PM us your full name, contact details and policy number, we'd be happy to get into contact and discuss your situation further. Thank you

Is Eric car insurance a green slip?
No Eric insurance was sold to me by Audi Five Dock for extended car warranty but we have made 4? claims on 2 different cars & they have refused to pay any of themThanks for your question, Nick. No, Eric Car Insurance provides comprehensive cover for accident damage, fire, theft and third party property liability claims. The Green Slip insurance, or Compulsory Third Party insurance, is required to register a vehicle in NSW and covers you for people killed or injured in a motor vehicle accident involving your vehicle. For more information go to www.greenslips.com.au

why my motor policy has been cancelled? how to update again? thank you.
Is Eric car insurance a green slip

Similar listings