Eric Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (24)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (31) · No (4)
Bonnie

Bonnie

Awesume to deal with thankyou

Great value easy to set up I have been with Eric insurance for many years would recommend to anyone great value for money very friendly and helpful always kept updated on progress

ericeric Insurance

Hi Bonnie, Thanks for your review! We're excited to have you join us!

Chopper

ChopperPerth, WA

Very Professional

The staff at Eric Insurance, have shown me every bit of professional courtesy and have been very understanding of my current situation. Payments are always prompt. Thank you Eric Insurance.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz C-Class C43 AMG 4MATIC A205 Cabriolet
ericeric Insurance

Hi Chopper, Thanks for sharing your claims experience. We're pleased to hear we were able to assist!

Nat

NatSydney, NSW

Quick and great customer seevice

Luzina provided a very quick turn around on my claim and answered all the questions that I had. Everything was easy and quick to complete. The process was seamless. Great customer service.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateDecember 2020
Car ModelVolkswagen Tiguan 5N
ericeric Insurance

Hi Nat, Thanks for taking the time to share your claims experience. We're pleased to hear we were able to assist!

Very impressed with Eric Warranty Ins

I had occasion last week to claim on my Eric Extended Warranty Insurance . Very impressed with their helpful prompt service , they went above and beyond for a good outcome . I had given verbal approval to the Car dealership to investigate when I had a major fault ( fuel leaking into manifold ) before I made contact with Eric Insurance unaware I needed their permission . They covered 4 investigative hours of labour ( which they did not have to do ) as well as the purchase of parts and Installation of the new parts .. very happy customer and would not hesitate to recommend them .

Eric Product TypeWarranty Insurance
ericeric Insurance

Hi Christine, Thank you for sharing your claim experience. We're really pleased to hear our service met your expectations.

Bella

BellaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent service. So easy to deal with

My second policy and the price is just perfect. I have been with the company as a policy holder for several years and nothing is ever a problem. Honesty and and direct prices

Eric Product TypeCar Insurance, GAP Insurance and Tyre & Wheel Insurance
Car ModelSuzuki Swift
ericeric Insurance

Hi Bella, Thank you for considering us for your insurance needs. We're excited to have you on board!

Disappointed ex-customer

Disappointed ex-customerFar North Queensland, QLD

Worst customer service and they will charge you $50 for leaving

Do not bother using them, they don't reply to emails and it takes over a hour to speak with someone in customer service and then they will charge a $50 cancellation fee when you leave! They hide this fact in their 17 page PDS. I have never heard of this before and I will never use them again. Terrible customer service.

Car ModelToyota RAV4 XA40 AWD
ericeric Insurance

Hi There, We're sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your cancellation fee. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please e-mail feedback@ericinsurance.com.au and we'll arrange for a leader to contact you.

klubear

klubearGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I am glad I called to clarify things before setting myself up for trouble!

Car ModelToyota RAV4 XA40 AWD
ericeric Insurance

New car warranty insurance. Made a claim with no problems at all very quick service and results. Miguel was very polite and helpful which made my claim easy to do. Was approved almost straight away.

Eric Product TypeWarranty Insurance
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Car ModelJeep Cherokee
ericeric Insurance

Hi Jill, Thanks for taking the time to share your claims experience. We're pleased to hear we were able to assist!

Unbelievably bad service.

Unbelievably bad service. Left Messages, sent emails no reply ever. Wanted to make a change to me policy so my son could drive the car- gave up and we borrowed another car as they just would not reply to my constant calls or messages. Also, cant even cancel policy so next year I will have to change my credit card just to get rid of these morons!

Car ModelMG GS Excite

Worst service!

I thought I had good value as my car dealership recommended them. Their customer service is really bad. I’m trying to get my hail damage fixed and they aren so slow (taking weeks to reply). Now I finally ready to get my car fixed and the mechanic tells me that Eric Insurance have put the wrong price on the quote and they aren’t getting back to me.
Worst 2 years trying to deal with them. Will be changing back to AAMI when this is all dealt with.

My car finally got fixed but they refused to pay the full amount that my repairers had to then fight them for it. Eric Insurance then cancelled my policy with them.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Car ModelMazda 6
ericeric Insurance

its good to have this insurance, thank you Eric

Good policy and easy to set up. Have been with this company for 5 months now, and have not made any claim yet. Will know more if I happen to make a claim.

Car ModelHolden Trax TJ
ericeric Insurance

Hi Busisiwe, Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we're excited to have you on board! If you need assistance with your policy, feel free to contact us on 1800 999 977 with any questions you may have.

BreePerth, WA

Worst insurance company I’ve ever dealt with!

Was made to use this insurance company through and car dealership when purchasing my car. When i had an accident two years later, being the first ever crash where I’ve been at fault, our claim was declined and our policy cancelled (without notice) due to a petty criminal charge (charged for possession of a bullet which my partner found, thought was cool to keep and left it in his car) my husband received in the time of holding the insurance policy. Keep in mind he wasn’t the driver when the crash happened, I was and what should a charge like that have to do with an insurance claim for a car crash.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
Car ModelHolden Captiva CG LT
Claimant is the policy holderNo
Kyle F.

Kyle F.South East Queensland, QLD

Far too difficult

They want to dig far too deep. Its not necessary and overkill. They want to know if you've lost demerit points in the last 5 years, that's fine. But the exact dates? why?! What value does that add? Who knows that kind of information off the top of their heads. That is just the tip of the iceberg. Sticking with NRMA. Tried and true. Simple and effective.

So far, all good.

I think my policy is good value, so far as I feel.I have not made any claims as yet, I will know better about Eric Comprehensive car insurance if I do happen to make a claim.

Car ModelKia Rio

Jenny

JennyPerth, WA

Very Happy

Very happy no questions asked sent them documents and claims processed and paid without much drama. Definitely worth having.

Thank you Eric insurance, in complicated and stressful times sometimes something like insurance does what they need to do pay out in unforeseen genuine circumstances without trying to avoid paying you and making excuses.

Very pleased with service and would recommend

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2020
Car ModelJeep Grand Cherokee
ericeric Insurance

Hi Jenny, Thanks for taking the time to share your claims experience. We really appreciate your lovely feedback!

Tanya

TanyaSydney, NSW

Customer service

I have been waiting for these people to answer my call for over an hour now and it is absolutely disgusting. There is an automated message while you wait for them to answer where they say we understand that your time is valuable. But then continues to make you wait for over an hour, absolutely ridiculous

Eric Product TypeCar Insurance and GAP Insurance
ericeric Insurance

Hi Tanya, We apologise for the extended wait times and understand that it is an inconvenience for you. Can you please send your policy number to feedback@ericinsurance.com.au and we will arrange for a leader to contact you.

Acacia T

Acacia T

Great Online Support, so simple & easy

I used the online support service to cancel my GAP insurance as I had paid my finance loan back early. The online support were quick with replies and gave simple instructions to follow. Really pleased that my refund will also be processed in a timely manner. Thank you so much!

Claim MadeNo
Eric Product TypeGAP Insurance and Loan Protection Insurance (LPI)
Car ModelHSV Colorado
ericeric Insurance

Hi Acacia, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're pleased to hear you found our cancellation process simple.

Please do not go with eric

Eric Product TypeMotorcycle Insurance
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2020
Amber F

Amber FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible, manipulative company that prey on people!

Was forced and manipulated into buying this insurance by their “trustworthy” reps that apparently can do no wrong but get a decent commission - counterproductive right? Pretty much un-claimable insurance. GAP insurance only covered me for 33 weeks out of 260 but paid over $1000 for, Tyre & Rim should’ve only been for a year but charged for 3, and LPI - I wasn’t even eligible for! Trying to get a refund for this junk insurance but am getting blocked every day by their “Customer Resolution Leader”. Would never ever recommend this company to my worst enemy! Sign up if you want to get screwed around every which way possible.

Claim MadeNo
Eric Product TypeGAP Insurance, Loan Protection Insurance (LPI) and Tyre & Wheel Insurance
Alison M.

Alison M.Perth, WA

Excellent Customer Service

CSO contacted me to discuss my current insurance policy. Was talked through everything and actually saved a small amount of money. Very happy and Bridget was a delight to talk to

Eric Product TypeCar Insurance and GAP Insurance
Car ModelMitsubishi ASX
ericeric Insurance

Hi Alison, Thanks for sharing your recent experience with our team. We're happy to hear we were able to pass on savings to you!

Charismaticasked

Motorcycle Insurance

Hi, I am new and want to thank Eric insurance, Proud owner of new Kawasaki Ninja.

ericeric Insurance

Hi Charismatic, We're excited to have you on board! If you have any questions about your cover or need any assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to us and we'll be happy to help. Enjoy your new Kawasaki Ninja!

Thank you.

Kuya N.

Kuya N.asked

Eric Insurance

do you have insurance cover for food courier delivery?

ericeric Insurance

Hi Kuya, Thanks for your question. Our comprehensive Car and Motorcycle insurance does not cover food courier delivery.

Sheldon S.

Sheldon S.asked

Warranty Insurance

I’m in the process of purchasing a car and I have the option of selecting your service for 12 month warranty. If I find that the vehicle needs something such as valve stem seals replaced or a rocker cover gasket will this be covered?

ericeric Insurance

Hi Sheldon, In order to answer this question we would need to speak to you on the phone as the insurance cover differs depending on the Warranty Insurance product you are considering. You can contact our Warranty Claims Team on 1800 999 977 Monday-Friday 8:30am-6:00pm AEST for clarification.

Get an answer from our members and eric Insurance representatives

Compare all 4 Eric Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar InsuranceMotorcycle Insurance and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Income and MotorcycleIncome and MotorcycleIncome and MotorcycleIncome and Motorcycle
UnderwriterEric Insurance LimitedEric Insurance LimitedEric Insurance LimitedEric Insurance Limited
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionNot IncludedNot Included
Choice of RepairerNot AllowedNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Coverage TypeComprehensiveMechanical Breakdown / Extended WarrantyTyre & Wheel
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverZero Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Not Included

Included if your vehicle suffers a mechanical breakdown and is immobilised for more than 2 consecutive business days after repairs are authorised, up to a maximum of $500

Included if your Tyre / Wheel is punctured or cracked etc, and you immobilised for more than 2 consecutive business days after the dat of authorisation of reparis, up to a maximum of $500 during the Period of Insurance

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded up to $500 when 100 km or more from your stated residential addressIncluded up to $500 if your vehicle is immobilised beyond 100kms from your home address and repairs are not completed on the day of authorisationIncluded up to $500 if your vehicle is immobilised beyond 10kms from your home address and repairs are not completed on the day of authorisation
Towing Costs IncludedIncluded up to $100 for any one claim, subject to a limit of $300 during the Period of InsuranceIncluded up to $100 for any one claim, subject to a maximum of $300 during the Period of Insurance
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Not Included

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $300Not ApplicableNot Applicable
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft