Espressotoria Capino

See the Best Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent for what we want

We usually drink plunger coffee but were recently introduced to espresso coffee. It is excellent if I am on my own or my wife just wants a short black. We like all of the coffees available although the tastes don't seem to vary very much. The coffee is quite hot enough and never tastes burnt or bitter. I should mention that we received the coffee machine gratis after purchasing 8 packets of pods during a promotion.

Purchased in December 2018 at Woolworths Bega.

Product is used: Several times a week

Good range of coffee

The quality of the coffee belonging to the Espressotoria range is above average. There is a wide range of coffee pods to choose from which can be bought online or from your local grocery store like Coles and Woolworths. The machine is simple to use and makes the perfect coffee every time.

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles for $49.00.

Great (cheap) expresso coffee machine

Purchased from aldi, great design and pretty sturdy! only paid $79 and the pods of coffee for it are only $5.99 for 16 pods which works out to be only 37c per coffee! they have a wide range of flavours and intensities available and often bring in a few limited edition coffee pods to try, alas they don't just offer coffee, they also offer hot chocolate and white chocolate pods! the coffee is very nice and the hot chocolate is creamy and chocolaty lol im looking forward to trying the white chocolate one soon.
it has great water capacity and a catchment space for the used coffee pods that fall in automatically when opening the coffee machine.
one annoyance is that you have to press the crema button and then the short or long button (depending if you want a short or long black ect) it would be nice if you only had to press one button but that's just being picky.
aldi offer a 2 year warranty on this product which means you can take it back if unhappy, with the receipt, and get a refund, from what i have observed in the past the staff are very friendly with this process.
Consistency of pour has been fantastic and crema always silky and thick.

Purchased in February 2018 at ALDI for $79.99.

Awesome machine...

This machine is quiet, perfect temp for coffee, coffee selection and taste is delish...and love the milk frother you can add to the machine great addition to the machine....love it!!!!

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $59.00.

Dodgy coffee machine

These coffee machines are extremely expensive to run (coffee pods are so expensive), and I've had to replace the machine four times under warranty. Machine number 5 has now started leaking. So, could not recommend these dodgy machines at all. Even the strongest blend of coffee pod - Mountain blend requires two pods to make a decent sized cup of coffee.

Purchased in July 2017 for $49.00.

Just don't do it!

I have had 9 of these machines. I have had the original machines without the flashing lights and the updated versions with all the flashing lights. I have contacted customer service and received responses but all inadequate. Today I got the worst cup of coffee of my entire life. Burnt and watery. Even the capsules are inconsistently made and some of the plastic bottoms are so hard, they cannot be pierced, so all your coffee goes into the overflow.
I am, finally, moving onto another coffee machine.
from
Love my coffee and this is just disappointing...

Purchased in May 2019 for $99.00.

I’ve had this machine since 2016

I bought my machine back in 2016. It’s still working but not as well as when I first got it. Recently it has started to leak and the coffee isn’t coming out properly (I have to put the same capsule through twice). The coffee pods are quite expensive (about $9-$10) for 12 Vittoria coffee capsules. I tend to buy them when they are on special from coles and Woolworths.

Purchased in April 2016 at IGA.

Espressotoria Capino warranty issue

Stay away from Espressotoria Capino company. Warranty issue with machine and did not honour it appropriately, the attitude and communication terrible. Now have a Breville Duo temp and real coffee, so much better so they did me a favour in a way.

Purchased in March 2018 at Foodland.

This is not perfect

The coffee is great I use the Mountain Grown very satisfied .
This is the 5th machine I have had but like the rest it has started to leak from inside the machine and leaks all over the counter.
This one lasted a bit longer and is now out of warranty
After all the comments about the leaking this problem should have been fixed by now.
The machine is great to use and the temperature is just right but for the leaking, come on Vittoria please get this fixed.
Brian.

Purchased in January 2018 at Woolworths for $99.00.

Product is used: Daily

It's great, but needs to be more eco-friendly.

If I'm running behind and need a quick shot, it does very well. Warms up quickly and provides stronger coffee than its competition (bigger capsule size). But I always feel guilty with all the plastic. Someone needs to make a stainless cup, or even single use paper ones...

Purchased in November 2018.

Product is used: Weekly

Exspresso

Fantastic product it makes making a cappuccino so easy and taste delicious I use it 3 to 4 times a day for myself and my wife who says it is the best thing I’ve even purchased

Purchased in May 2019 for $59.99.

Product is used: Daily

Espresso is ok when the machine is functioning properly, but machine appears to be compromised by poor design and failed

I purchased this machine after 12 faithful years of service from a proper manual espresso machine that finally failed. I was initially impressed with the ease of use and general quality of the espresso, however requires two capsules to achieve required strength. After a few months the machine started leaking espresso liquid around the base. Eventually the espresso would only end up in the capsule bin, not in the cup. The machine was purchased from Woolworths but I had registered the warranty online through Vittoria. I contacted Vittoria who have arranged a replacement, I'll see how that one goes, if no good I'll get a refund.

Purchased in November 2018 at Woolworths for $50.00.

Product is used: Daily

Less than a year old and the thing won't pierce capsules!

I purchased this months ago from woolworths.
at first was good but now it won't pierce capsules and dispense coffee.
Because of this issue I have gone through countless pods and occasionally works but I am literally throwing money away.
I am using the correct pods aswell,
Clean it everyday.
So not very impressed.

Purchased in November 2018 at Woolwoths for $50.00.

Product is used: Daily

Leaks everywhere. Yes, using correct pods. Flows fine without pod, as soon as pod is in place it leaks everywhere

Rubbish, leaks everywhere, poor quality, junk, waste of money, trash, coffee smells burnt when it leaks everywhere, cheap rubbishso many pods wasted

Purchased in January 2019.

Product is used: Daily

We have loved this machine

The coffee in general has been fantastic, just one brand not strong enough at all
We’ve had the machine for a couple years and it’s only just begun not piercing the capsules properly on their tops.

Purchased in April 2016 at Woolworths Physical store for $50.00.

Absolutely love it!

I don't know why I didn't get one sooner. Easy to use, absolutely no problems. Easy to use and clean. One of the deciding factors was the milk frother that just docks into the side of the machine, making it neat and compact.
I purchased two milk frothers but was disappointed when I noticed the inside coating coming off. Took them back to Woolworths and I chose to replace rather than receive a refund. Very pleasant surprise to see the new frother has changed, different inside coating, improved pouring lip, improved system with the wire for frothing, easier to grip with the outside being changed, easier to read markers inside and better shape at the base for easier cleaning. Very happy!!!
Easy to purchase pods from Woolworths.

Purchased in December 2018 at Woolworths Physical store.

Product is used: Daily

Not a big fan but worked well

not a big fan. Previously had a caffitaly and loved it so maybe that's why. Coffee had a great taste machine worked well we tried 3 different types of coffee. Just not a fan of

Purchased in August 2018.

Product is used: Weekly

Problems with this machine

I bought one of these for my office and in about 8 months it has not missed a beat and works perfectly. However I am on to my third machine for my home and it is almost ready for the rubbish. Problems being, the first machine stopped piercing the capsules properly and we exchanged for a new machine, This second machine, the red light on the tank constantly flashes so it won't work. Exchanged again for the third machine which also doesn't seem to be piercing the capsules and only a few drops end's up in the cup. If you push again only very watery coffee comes out. We've wasted a lot of money on capsules that don't end up producing a cup of coffee.

Purchased in August 2018 at Woolworths Physical store for $99.00.

Product is used: Daily

Great machine but not a fan of the coffee

Work gave me the coffee machine which is great and easy to use but I am struggling to find nice pods to have in it. The ones I have tried all taste the same with an aftertaste. Actually after recommendations of peoples favourite or if there are compatiable pods I can use.

Purchased in January 2019.

Product is used: Daily

Why did i wait so long to get one

I am very satisfied with my coffee machine I don't know I didn't get one of these sooner and it is very good and easy to use and would buy this brand again

Purchased in December 2018 for $99.00.

Product is used: Several times a week

I’ve had 3 of these machines since January. Each time the coffee starts to empty into the pod dispenser. I have only ever used the correct pods I have followed the instructions and cleaned it regularly. What the hell is going on? I just want a coffee!!!
Wow that doesn’t sound good!!! I’ve had my machine since 2015 and it only started doing this recently. I put it down to its age. I’d take it back for a refund and maybe look at getting a different type. Perhaps the newer models have been manufactured differently to the older versions. I heard that the Aldi pod machine is very similar to the espressotoria. The pods aren’t as expensive either so it’s definitely more cost effective in the long term.

I have only used my machine 3 times. Now when I put in the pod the lid no longer wants to close. How do I fix this?
Try operating it without the coffee pod and see what happens. The lid should close and the water should just flow through. Make sure you are using the right pods for an espressotoria machine as other pods won’t fit. If all else fails take the machine back as it sounds faulty.Yes the water will run without a pod in it. But it will not close on a pod.

I forgot to water in my machine and now it's making a grumbling noise. Can anything be done or is the machine now inoperable?
I’ve operated the machine before and ran out of water half way through a cup. It does make a terrible sound when this happens! I just filled it up and the sound went away. The machine operated as normal and there was no obvious damage to the machine.

CategoryCapsule / Coffee Pod Machines