eToro

See the Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by eToro

Changed rules on overnight fees and they charged me $4000 in fees

I bought a product with no overnight fees. I held this product for 1.5 years. Then one day they decided to start charging me overnight holding fees. The fees amounted to $4000 and I only had $28000 in the account. Literally 15% of my account they sucked out in fees with no notification that fees were changing.

Dee90
Dee90Sydney, NSW

Thieving Dogs

A bunch a thieves that dont give answers to anything, take days if not weeks to fight to get your money into their wallet!!!

Request all personal documents and still is not good enough

Selling is a nightmare

Francie
Francie

Hidden fees - scam

Really simply, the amount you attempt to withdraw will never be what you receive. Withdrawals always arrive in multiple payments and never add up to what they should. I'm really shocked they are still trading but I imagine they hide behind opaqueness. I've had no problems actually withdrawing but have never received what either the app or confirmation email (both of which are always different) says I will. Simply put - its a scam... of a sort.

This is a money scam

On 29th April 2022, I received an email from etoro that they would be closing my account in 10 days without any reasons. I was concerned and asked them why. They did not explain why and they can close the account at their own discretion.

Arun

Thank you for your response.
Your team already contacted me and they knew my account details .
You do not need to respond to this as it is unhelpful.
I did not breach any guidelines and Etoro closed my account at their own discretion .

Akira

They make money by stealing from you!

Akira

Correct. I do want to know how exactly I lost $58 after depositing $1000 to eToro and did nothing with it for 2 days. The fluctuation in FX rate does not explain such a big difference. I will make a complaint. Thank you for reminding me of it.

nick H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely terrible exchange terrible customer service. As dodgy as they come.

Absolutely terrible exchange terrible customer service. As dodgy as they come. I was new to investing and thought the idea was cool. It's is a terrible place to put ur money

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Honest Reviews
Honest ReviewsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

eToro is an exorbitant and outdated investing platform

Rob W
Rob W

Deserve zero stars!!

Customer service is a joke ... two days to get back to you!!
Trying to withdrwaw my funds has taken three days already and still nothing! Are they kidding??
Once I receive funds will close my account and never use again!

Withdrawals 3-4 days

jg83562
jg83562Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dont Trade With ETORO

The stop loss in Copy Portfolio was not stated as they advertised it. I only knew it through their customer service after I lost $2500k AU. Now they change their policy on CFD half way through the trade, and now I occur overnight fees. It’s not fair customer service what customer service I got a call after 3 months. I have invested 18k AU and they treat me like SH--.

Tanuj W.
Tanuj W.Sydney, NSW

Worst Customer Experience Ever

Well, it seems like they have unfair trade practices. I was informed about conversion of CFD to real assets and not done or informed. On top of it, I got charged fees for CFD’s about which I wasn’t informed. Taking it to the AFCA now. I’m not letting them take away my money when I have proof they are wrong.

Sophia
Sophia

Scam of a service

Kevin
KevinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

bogas pricing on stocks

They control pricing on stocks - this is a huge scam. "PRICES BY ETORO" So fake so you aren't even in the market with everyone else and etoro can control everything so you pretty much have all odds against you. DO NOT USE THIS PLATFORM YOU LEARNED FROM EVERYONE ELSES MISTAKES ON HERE.

Rick D.
Rick D.South East Queensland, QLD

Great app with good interface

I really like the app. The interface is good, the financial information and broker price surveys is excellent. I trade crypto and US Tech stocks and it works brilliantly.
Would recommend.

Jeff
Jeff

Scam and Fraud

The platform charge your excessively expensive exchange rate to deposit and withdraw funds, plus and USD 5 each time you transfer money out. Scammers and false representation! I transferred $1000 into the investment account, and realised it does not have the right investment folio and when I withdrew the fund back into my account i only received $960. AVOID AT ALL COST!

RICARDO S.asked

Could someone please tell me how to get the account statement for year ending 30th June 3021 and how do you withdraw money? I have been trying to contact/chat with someone at Etoro since last year but failed miserably....I am desperate and frustrated. Etoro surely must be a scam.

LemonGod
LemonGod
RICARDO S.

Thank you kindly LemonGod..you are the first person to communicate to me about my queries, Etoro's customer service is horrendous their motto is to "Ignore clients". Good luck to all your trading.

Mark B.
Mark B.asked

Why do you allow constant racism, hatred and Murdoch Mafia FUD to reign supreme in your feeds and why do you ban those who speak up about it?

Brett
Brettasked

I have posted my review multiole times. i am legit person. Emaii and facebook. Below is my Etoro story. Why wont you post? says pendin? i keep trying pending. Do you have some agreement goung on with Etoro to block posts. They only have 2 posts for a $800 million company. They have hundreds of reviews on aother review sites?

No care for long time client an unclear message on 100% stop loss. Takes advantage of beginner taders. Support and Customers Sevice deliver canned responses to complaints. Shouldnt be called social. Spent almost 130k with Etoro. Has a problem with 3 trades worth less than a tenth. My tickets was going to take 7 days. Used chat. Some guy reviewed my 3 page letter with screen shots and says an email will come. A full canned rejection. I was willing to spend much more with Etoro on their copy system. I just could not get anyone to speak to me. Pretended things were going to be ok. They send a coward email. They just shut me down like crap after taking 130plus K. Zero respect. I will be lodging with ACCC, ASIC and financial ombardsman. There is some evidence of how a consumer could follow a certain process and be not made aware of consequences. Enough to be tested at least by the law. My pro bono lawyer will at least try. At least they can spend the cost equal to my investment regardless if I lose. Sometimes it the fight that counts more

Anthony Yard
Anthony Yard

They are thief

Leah Goodwin
Leah Goodwin
eToroeToroSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and eToro representatives

CategoryForex & Share Trading Platforms and Cryptocurrency Exchanges