1.7

2.0
2.7

Michael4 posts

Closed my CFD trade losing 50k

I have held XRP CFD with Etoro since 2018. They gave people two weeks notice in March without calling anyone to say that all CFD will be closed even in the minus. I am a platinum+ member i should have received phone calls and messages to say this was happening you closed my trades i lost over 31k USD close to 50k AUD.

what a joke you don't look after long term customers talk about wanting to push your customers away

see attached photo

FREDDY
FREDDYGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

BEWARE of hidden fees

The eToro platform fails to disclose that if you use a credit card to fund your account, the transaction is going to be deemed a "cash advance" by the bank, which means high transaction fees and, in some cases, higher interest rates from day one. This should be EXPLICITLY DISCLOSED in their payment/funding page, as it is in other platforms, but they don't seem to care!

I try to talk to the customer service to bring up my concerns, and they completely dismissed my enquiry.

lriilsyt
lriilsytSydney, NSW
baycan g.
baycan g.

Imagine if this was with more money, i wouldnt trust them with a dime

My stomache is still upset over this fact that when i shorted tupperware brand around 4.97 and knowing it would never cross 5.63 after the news hit, it crashed to 1 dollar, but ofcourse i dont make 3000 bucks i lose 322 cause they close my position 4 cents away from my stop lose... and even more ironic, then i tried to open the short at 5.60 with the remaining 500 dollars i have on etoro but guess what, the stock cannot be shorted anymore. Very convinient right ?

I am just coming out with this but i would have done it earlier if i didnt have some money on there. Show details

YEUK
YEUKPerth, WA8 posts

Etoro is scam

Scammer Etoro. I wish more people check how terrible they are before depositing your hard earned money. Show details
Gionata M.
Gionata M.7 posts

AVOID AT ANY COST!

The worst customer service. No one take charges of complaint. Completely incompetents.

Deposit conversion rate ridiculous. You loose 5% of your money before even starting to trade.

They ask you for a deposit before the account is active.

They have a questionnaire for CFD which is not state as mandatory. You fail you cannot trade CFD for one week.

So you said ok, let's move the money in another platform. Yea! And you have already lost 5%!

Customer service ridiculous, Im waiting from 6 days to have this fixed.

It's a joke. Avoid at any cost! Show details

Krunal A.
Krunal A.5 posts

Hidden Fees, Terrible Customer Service

The platform proved to be a major disappointment – one of the worst platforms in my 15-year trading history. Don't be misled by their ads. Customer service is a nightmare, with endless bot chats before reaching a human.

Hidden charges, especially overnight fees in crypto trading, are disastrous. Your portfolio can be wiped out by these fees during market downturns. Live market rates are a myth due to undisclosed charges. High currency conversion fees and payment delays add to the frustration. If you value your money, steer clear of this platform.

mick n.
mick n.4 posts

Was great back in 2009 when i first started now its terrible. terrible. terrible

As i had a live trade my account was not accessible due to my 2FA requirement in which my phone number could not be verified. i lost my trade. when the semi fixed the issue. they would not reimburse my small loss see below their crap response (We understand you are referring to the losses (-33.71) of the Position ID ----------, however, even if the pop-up of the phone verification appears you can close it with the X on the top right. We are sorry to say that we cannot offer compensation or a refund in this case, however, we can keep helping you with the verification of your phone. Show details
Jake
Jake

Waste of money

Much better alternatives in the market, brought in fees that previously didn't previously apply as a money grab - feels like I wasted thousands in fees.
skyskyeye
skyskyeyeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Withdraw Problem

"I have attempted to withdraw the money from etoro , but I have encountered numerous excuses that have caused delays in the withdrawal process."
Migara G.
Migara G.

Started stealing money from people by introducing overnight fees

I was going long on crypto without using any leverages. At that time it was perfectly fine. Then they introduced overnight fees for crypto holders even though we were not using leverages. Companies find different different unethical ways to scrape money from the users.
Cameron W.
Cameron W.

they steal your money

they literally will sell your stocks under your nose for a loss even though the sell point is not anywhere near the stop loss you set, and to make it worse they take the full stop loss amount, thats about as corrupt as it gets.

Picture below refers to loss, the market never hits 1.90522 it only ever reached 1.90285 between the time and dates of trade Show details

Asseem M.
Asseem M.

Not Safe. Don’t put your Money in This App

This app is so weird and customer service is awful. They blocked frcb stock due to low liquidity while trading on another online app is happening at same time. They are misleading and telling people that it is now only available for OTC Market. They haven’t mentioned about money which we invested in the stock. Share went at half price in one day and then eToro block all transactions. You can’t sell you can’t buy.

They don’t work for us. They just work for brokers. Beware of this thing don’t get trapped. You will soon find this app gone. Many cases has been registered against this app. Don’t put your money in here. Find some legit application.

Murat
MuratGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Take too long to open account

To open account with etoro you need to handout worrying personal informations and answering questions and final 100aud deposit payed anyhow done all that waiting for account verification more then 2 weeks contacted customer support 3 time they say verification phase 1/4 2/4 3/4 but ever got phase 4/4 they say team will contact you in 48hrs but never contacted also been waiting bombarded with email saying to verified deposit your account. (They hungry for money) what a trap,scum i can't even get my money back
Stay away!!
WillowAbroad
WillowAbroadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Not for me

Misguidedly signed up after all of the super-positive marketing efforts you get bombarded with.

Went through a myriad of risk profile questions, but it failed to do anything on the 'suitable product' front - and it was clearly not a suitable product for this investor.

Customer service was woeful - no authority to do anything.

I have hated the experience of dealing with eToro.

Hated. Show details

Graeme H
Graeme H

Not really a question but a big thanks to all those out there who posted their experiences of dealing with this lot and and their criminal activity that has educated me and others to steer clear of the fraud they perpetuate.

adam.anee
adam.anee

why etoro keep closing market during day trade . this keep happening on purpose . even the fact the market is open ?

eToro   DM

Hi there, please kindly provide us with the market and trade you are referring to. Thank you

RICARDO S.

Could someone please tell me how to get the account statement for year ending 30th June 3021 and how do you withdraw money? I have been trying to contact/chat with someone at Etoro since last year but failed miserably....I am desperate and frustrated. Etoro surely must be a scam.

LemonGod
LemonGod
RICARDO S.

Thank you kindly LemonGod..you are the first person to communicate to me about my queries, Etoro's customer service is horrendous their motto is to "Ignore clients". Good luck to all your trading.