eufyCam 2C 2-Cam Kit

eufyCam 2C 2-Cam Kit Questions & Answers

16 questions from our users

Neil T.
Neil T.asked

With the NBN in Australia do you connect the Home base to the NBN modem?

Stevoh
Stevoh

Yes, I connect straight to the modem by cable.

Lee
Leeasked

Is there somewhere I can find what options I will encounter setting up my 2C cameras before I have to decide my preferences? Is there no manual provided with the purchase of a 2C kit?

Holly S.
Holly S.asked

We have the two cam kit and would like to know if we can add a third camera to it?

Stephen J.

Yes just buy extra cameras, i have five

ShoppingBlowsasked

Help! I've got the cameras set up and all working, then had a friend mount them on a brick wall this morning. While we were testing them and going in and out of the house I got lots of notifications on my phone, as I would expect. BUT I played the last one, and now I can't get out of it back to the Eufy menu. I'm just stuck with the last recording displayed on my phone. I can't swipe out to another Eufy screen so I'm just stuck. Any ideas?

Stephen J.

clear your phone drop down alerts and go to the eufy app and select what day you want to see for which cameras

ShoppingBlows

Thanks Stephen, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I couldn't clear my drop down alerts as I couldn't get to that or any other part of the app. I wasn't able to get out of that last replay - there weren't any options - it had all frozen. From my phones Home Screen I hit the Eufy app. and it just went back to the frozen replay again. There was no way out, so in the end I had to reset the system, reload the app and start again. Everything is functioning properly now. When I get an alert I can view it and delete it. I realise now there is no customer support in Australia!

Mark
Markasked

Can you buy extra batteries, where and how much?

Fabian C.
Fabian C.asked

How good is the motion detecting and does it allow you too record footage too a portable harddrive like the arlo2 and what’s night vision like ?

Lindsay
Lindsay

Motion detection is short (10m) and narrow. Does not appear to detect on the left or right of the visible footage. You can plug in an external HDD, but it's unlikely you will ever need to

Ang C.
Ang C.asked

Does the cameras record when you are home? Or does it recognise the occupants via phone app?

DMA

Yes they do record you (no recognition).

Ang C.
Ang C.asked

Does the camera record when you are home and in view of the camera?

DMA

Yes (e.g. putting bins out, it'll record)

Nirjhar
Nirjharasked

How is the battery life. Thank you in advance

DMA

Half a year but you just recharge it in the docking station.

Chris
Chris

Depends on how often its activated.
You can set the sensitivity of the motion senser.

StaceyF
StaceyFasked

Hi, can you view the cameras on a monitor screen ? I currently have a system which I can view on an old computer monitor which I like, that I can view while I'm at home without the need to look at my phone. But I'm wanting to upgrade to the Eufy as our current system is absolutely useless away from home. So it's completely pointless..
Hope this makes sense ?

Stephen J.

Buy the eufy and follow the prompts basically it can do that and more

Nicky W.
Nicky W.asked

does this system have two talk where you can do audio to the intruder?

DMA

Yes it does and is brilliant for freaking out the kids when they're outside! ;)
They can talk to you too.

Stephen J.

Scares the delivery guy too and hissing at the neighbours cat to scare it away

bobsprodasked

Is there an option to use solar panel to charge battery?

Not that I'm aware of

Stephen J.

Yes there is on ebay at this link

rodsrentals
rodsrentalsasked

Can eufyCam C2 App be set up on a Laptop or phone only?

DMA

We've only used it on our phones but maybe contact the Eufy app developer?

Stephen J.

YES on phone and pc search google for how to, it is on my google home screen too I just say ok google, "show me shed camera"

Cathy P.
Cathy P.asked

How weather proof is this system?

Jonno

Very....I have had no problems at all. I recently added another camera...after charging the battery overnight it was connected within 20 seconds. Brilliant system.

Edward Jones
Edward Jonesasked

Since this does not upload the recordings to the cloud. Can the recordings / live feed still be accessed while away from the home on 4G? Thanks

Maggie B

Yes the recordings are stored on the base station however you can review the recorded clips remotely (over mobile data) via the app; you can also observe a live feed from each of the cameras over mobile data. With the live feed you can see the live video/audio, control a light and siren (built into the cameras) and speak to anyone standing in front of the camera via the two-way audio. :)

oz doc
oz docasked

Can I use this system if I only have mobile phone wifi and not broadband?

Jonno

I believe you need a home broadband wifi system...at lease vdsl. I'm on fibre and the cameras are great and the set up and app are a breeze too.

Maggie B

There are plenty of systems out there without a base station which will communicate with a phone (and store video clips in the cloud). Eufy has much better security by storing locally on the base station, however the base station uses wifi to communicate with the cameras (they need to be in reasonable proximity).

Other Wireless Surveillance Systems