HBCE1BS (with pedestal), HBCE1B

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (7) · No (2)
  • Safety

BadBoy123Sydney, NSW

Great - not Perfect

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $799.00.

BadBoy123

Thanks - tried calling a few times always put on hold but unable to get through

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi there, so that we can make contact with you could you please send us a contact phone number to customercare@shriro.com.au then we can arrange for Sue-Ellen to contact you .Thanks the team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Greg H.Sydney, NSW

Trips the power

Love the unit when it works but almost every time the element trips the power in the house and can’t get charcoal going.
Purchased just over 18months from Bunnings
I believe something at this price point should last longer than this considering it’s a known problem.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $999.00.

Greg H.

Was contacted by Alexis, service was arranged and part ordered. Turned out be a faulty element. Serviceman turned up on time and replaced under warranty.
Fantastic service!!!!!!
Thanks Everdure and Alexis

michael hutchinson

michael hutchinsonFar North Queensland, QLD

tripping power

I have loved using the fusion although it has started tripping the power, this had happened before and was fixed quickly under warranty by everdure about an year ago I would love to get this fixed as its a great unit and fantastic to cook with, I am in Cairns.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $990.00.

Charcoal BBQs

Find out how Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FUSION compares to other Charcoal BBQs

My favourite thing...until now it has started tripping the power

I have had my Everdure Fusion for about 18 months and love it. But recently it has started tripping the power in the house every time I try to use the electric igniter.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Matt
Matt

Already fixed under warranty within a week. Thank you Alexis!

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi Matt, good to hear that you are up and running again. Thanks for letting us know. The team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Jonathan P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A promising prototype

This WAS the best BBQ I ever had for the first 8-10 uses but now it has started tripping the fuse board and doesn’t ignite coals. From all the reviews it sounds like I’m not alone...

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $949.00.

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi there Jonathon , we have sent you a message through private review, if you require further assistance please call us on 1300 739 033.
Thanks the team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Jonathan P.

Thanks Alexis - much appreciated. I will all to arrange shortly.

JP

GavinSoutheast, SA

Really Pleased until 11 months old

We were really pleased with our purchase until it was 11months old when using element started to trip out the circuit breaker each time we used it. Now we have to use fire lighters to get the charcoal going, food still great flavour and no problems with rotisserie.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $999.00.

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi there Gavin, great to hear that you are getting great taste from your Fusion if you would like to contact us at info@hestonblumenthal.com.au we will happily organize a service call for you. The team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Gavin

As we are really happy with the taste from our Fusion, I would like to take up your offer to organize a service call because i would love to have it working properly again.

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Good morning Gavin, so that we can arrange a service call for you could you please call our customer care team on 1300 739 033 .
The team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Marcelle woodman

Marcelle woodmanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Keeps tripping

Great bbq but it keeps tripping the power board every 2-3 minutes so cooking can take 3 x the time .. not good when ur hungry! Otherwise a great bbq but wonder if we just paying for the name

Purchased in December 2018 at Heatworks for $999.00.

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Good afternoon Marcelle , please contact our customer care team on
1300 739 033 and one of our friendly consultants will arrange a service call for you. Thanks the team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Keeps tripping the electric board

A $1000 Product won't even last for 2minutes because it keeps TRIPPING OUR ELECTRIC BOARD. We've also done all the troubleshoot. I'm also aware that it may detect moisture hence the reason of tripping but we've literally tried everything we can do. Very disappointed

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,999.00.

Adam

AdamSydney, NSW

Very impressed with this product.

This unit is very easy to operate. It’s very quick to warm up and only took a few minutes to set up at the start. It cooks all types of meat deliciously!

Purchased in December 2018.

Paul Mewsen

Paul MewsenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best BBQ I’ve owned hands down.

Purchased in January 2019 for $749.00.

JakeyBAU

Piece of Garbage and no care factor or resolution

Date PurchasedOct 2016
JohnC

JohnCGold Coast

cooks great but lacks quality

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Harley rider

Harley riderMount Isa, Queensland

Safety issue - keeps breaking electrical circuit

We bought this BBQ last year and have some of the best roasts we’ve ever had. On a few occasions however it trips our electrical circuit board and we thought it was other items but it kept happening.

We haven’t used it for a while so we took it to a friends house to cook a lamb and it did exactly the same thing!!!!

We bought a cover for the BBQ and it has always been cared for well and kept out of the weather.

We are extremely disappointed as when I asked the question of Bart (top Chef) he assured me the electrical system is safe.

I can’t use the BBQ and am very disappointed this has presented itself as a real safety issue.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Great Spi

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Mariela Z.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Love it but trips my electronics!

Have had it two weeks. Love it in every way except it trips my electronics - every time! what a shame. How do i get in contact with the warranty people?

Otherwise, very silent motor. nice quality feel to the rack. Ease of use is fab, the charcoal is no big deal with the electric starter.

But every time it trips my electronics it trips my modem and the kids movie stops and they shout at me!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Susan

SusanAdelaide

Expensive but stylish

I spent a lot of time looking at the Heston range of barbecues trying to justify the price. It looks amazing and has invited comments from many visitors. However I feel you are paying more for the name and could easily spend less to get a comparable barbecue......to sum up...I love it BUT is it worth the money - not sure....will update once I've had it longer!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Jonathan

JonathanBrisbane

Just don’t do it

Date PurchasedMay 2017
JRM

JRMSurry Hills,NSW

Great design but has design faults

After three uses the orange enamel on the charcoal holder chipped off,exposing the black base metal. A replacement charcoal holder has started to do the same after one use. Further the rotisserie rod handle thread has stripped after 2 uses and tends to slip out of the rotisserie posts.
I expected more from a $1000 BBQ. Most disappointing.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
qamark

qamarksydney

Works as sold but not a very functional grill

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good Fun BUT has issues

I purchased the FUSION model as well as a Heston Gas BBQ. After 6 months there is a lot of rust on the plate that sits on the element as well as the charcoal holder tray and the element now trips my circuit breaker every time I try to ignite it. The rotisserie poles are not aligned properly as one has the slot not aligned with the other slot - which is a pain. It has been kept undercover and in a Heston Cover also and cleaned after every use. Seems like poor quality and disappointed. Side Note - Also an issue with the gas BBQ temperature gauge which seems to show temperatures that are way over what they really are.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Cam
Cam

Thanks for contacting me. The after sales service team were professional and efficient and the problem has been rectified.

Mariela Z.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi Cam - thanks for the update and glad to hear everything is resolved, please don't hesitate to let us know if there was anything else.

Kind Regards,
The Everdure by Heston Blumenthal Team

Ian J

Ian J asked

FUSION

i am thinking of buying one of these but a common problem appears to be tripping power. I dont want this to be an ongoing issue. Is there a way around this? Secondly, can the element be replaced easily as that is another complaint that seems to crop up. Thanks

BadBoy123

As long as the BBQ is not left in the open exposed to the elements it should be fine. It’s really an electric BBQ that ignites charcoal. The element doesn’t seem to be user removable but again I’ve no issue as I keep it clean and ensure no fat drips onto it

Good afternoon Ian , thanks for your enquiry regarding the Fusion,
This is an electric appliance and not a standard BBQ which can be affected if the instructions provided by the manufacturer are not complied with.
The BBQ uses an element similar to that of an oven. Differences being the element used in the BBQ is built using a 304-grade stainless steel ,hi temp-epoxy and ceramic caps that accommodate the high temperature generated with charcoal cooking.
Yes, the BBQ having an electric start is plugged into a earth leakage circuit breaker and tripping can be attributed to not keeping up with cleaning , maintenance and moisture from the environment/cleaning etc .
The BBQ is recommended to be cleaned after each use and a waterproof cover fitted this being carried out regularly prolongs the life span of the element.
In the event that your BBQ does trip the power on start up of the element the BBQ can still be used as functional BBQ by using a natural fire lighter to ignite the charcoal.
The element is a relative simple job to exchange in and out although it is recommended to use a licenced electrician to comply with State regulatory requirements.
The team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal.

Chris S

Chris Sasked

FUSION

Hi, I have a Fusion that I purchased in 2016, up until now the only issue I've had is that the circular metal grate that sits over the ignition coil cracked and needed to be replaced (and does again by the way), last night though when I pushed the button to ignite the BBQ the light came on but the coil didn't heat up.
is there anywhere in the Hobart region of Tasmania to get is serviced?

Alexis P.Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Hi There Chris, thanks for contacting us regarding your Fusion, we would like to assist you with replacing the grate and replacement element, so if you would like to give us a call on 1300 739 033 one of our consultants will arrange for you.
The team at Everdure by Heston Blumenthal

Ann Wilde

Ann Wildeasked

FUSION HBCE1BS (with pedestal)

We have a Fusion charcoal bbq and was wondering if a bbq hood was available

Hi Anne, there is a pvc cover available for it but no other hood so to say..

See all Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FUSION questions

Get an answer from our members and Everdure by Heston Blumenthal representatives

Compare both Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FUSION
CategoryCharcoal BBQsCharcoal BBQs
Price (RRP) $999.00$699.00
TypeFreestandingPortable
FeaturesGrill and Rotisserie CompatibleGrill and Rotisserie Compatible
Colour / FinishBlackBlack
Dimensions 900 x 730 x 410 mm
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Compare both Everdure by Heston Blumenthal FUSION