Exetel Mobile

Exetel Mobile

Hendo
HendoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer Service not Good Enough.

For this side of the market. Pretty good value.

Local Reception

Don't use Exetel, zero customer service

Andrew P.
Andrew P.

Charging me for a service that doesn't exist

I ported my number over to another provider but still got charged for the following month. I called and said what was going on and replied saying they can't do anything about it. How can you charge for a service that doesn't exist or is in use?

I have never had a problem with any other provider but this company takes it to a new low.

Avoid this company as the aftercare service is near 0 existence and useful as they only care about taking your money.

Josh
Josh

Okay as long as you're not trying to port out

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
james p.
james p.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrendous. Avoid

I bought their wirless mobile plan thinking it would be fast and easy to set up. How wrong I was. 6 weeks in and I am still trying to speak to someone helpful. My issues are:
- when it connects, it is very slow (running 1x device only and Netflix auto's to low quality
- a lot of the time I get no signal
- tech support are useless with no urgency and poor English/communication skills
- general support is also not helpful

average_consumer
average_consumer

Porting out made artificially difficult, as admitted by customer service

Vin Lever
Vin LeverMid North Coast, NSW

One of the Cheaper Services

I do not use my phone often so this service is about as cheap as it gets. I use wifi for phone data.
Got this Optus service after I purchased Exetel NBN service, Previously I had Vodafone which was hopeless in rural areas. Optus is getting better for coverage.
The $14.99 is cheap. (extras when you sign up)
Customer service is actually helpful when you get through to someone.
However there can be delays

Retail Cusomer
Retail CusomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scamers and Theives AVOID at all costs

Joined Exetel as service appeared economical and value for money.
Customer service is ABYSMAL you will wait 20 mins on hold for basic assistance.
Ported a number to another provider Exetel continued to bill me foe a number that was no longer theirs for 3 months. Still waiting on a refund.

Find out how Exetel Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

My time is worth less than my money so...

John
JohnRomsey

Extremely non responsive Customer service

alexnat
alexnatGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

2 kids mobile - working great so far

No issues at all. They're slow to respond to emails, and to update the Exetel app (which could use some alias naming benefits, as opposed to phone numbers), but overall the actual phone service works fine. Had no issues. You can also set spend control so that if the kids hit the 2Gb, the data turns off and you don't pay any more

Brian C
Brian CSouth East Queensland, QLD

terrible customer service

I made the mistake of applying for the $8.99 a month mobile, what a mistake it took them 12 days to send out a sim card, phoned many times and recording said they would call back within 80 minutes, never received a call back, sent numerous emails and got replies that they would get back to me within two working days, never received an answer to my messages. When I received the sim card they didn't send the password to log on. Sent message to them by email saying please cancel my application, never bothered to reply. This is the worst service ever experienced.

Local Reception
mike
mikeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dodgy business model

I changed SIM providers on about the 19th June.
I noticed I was still signed up to them at the start of July and called them up to make sure my plan gets cancelled.
Exetel claims that their T+Cs say I needed to give them 20days notice to cancel my plan.
So even though their SIM would no longer have worked from the 19th onwards, it turns out I would have had to tell them about this back in May!
I am now getting charged for the whole of July! 1.5 months after their SIM would no longer work.

Whatever money I saved from going with them I would have lost from having to pay for an extra month for absolutely nothing.

Zay
ZayPerth, WA

Terrible Mobile Reception PLUS Taking Out Extra Money From My Account!!!

Terrible Mobile Reception as well as taking extra money out of my account!!!
I bought the $8.99 sim only mobile plan & the reception is terrible 95% of the time! Friends keep asking me why my mobile is off all the time, even though it's not, it's just the poor reception! The mobile data is almost always on 3G instead of 4G! I had the same problem with Amaysim & I guess Optus has never been good to me!
Another problem is that they keep charging me for using a credit card even though I used my bank details which is supposed to not charge you any fees, but they kept charging me!
I would not recommend Exetel for a mobile plan & I couldn't be happier that I'm not longer a customer!