Expedia

Expedia

1.5 from 1,455 reviews

1.5

1,455 reviews
  • Trip Completed Yes (82) · No (169)
  • Ease of Booking

PBS

PBS

Did not contact me when the hotel was closed

Avoid at all costs

Covid 19 trip to the U.S. May 1st 2020. No communication whatsoever. They blocked all calls 2 months before our departure date and then took 3 months to refund the money. Avoid at all costs. Had a separate work trip through flight centre a week earlier and was cancelled and refunded in 2 days.

Is It Free Cancellation?

June cxxd an August booking at Burswood Lodge. In July, hotel charged cc the full cost. Expedia got a refund, less a fee for Hotel to fix their own mistake.

Chris C

Chris CPerth, WA

Easy to order from

Easy to book holidays through, nice and quick with confirmation emails sent to print and show on arrival. Great company and would definitely book hotels through then again for sure

Trip Completed Yes
Barbara C.

Barbara C.

Never again Don't use Expedia

Booked last year for hotels in Copenhagen. No one to talk to to cancel. On their website states I have to email hotel direct. Hotel states I have to go to Expedia. Expedia will take calls or emails. Link to cancel won't work. Bunch of jerks. Not impressed. Have used them for years and will now never ever use them again. Look at this expedia Look how often I used your organisation. When you go and hide when the going gets tough it just shows the character of the organisation and I for one will never ever give on cent to this company. I hope you go out of business, you deserve it for how you have treated the people who have supported you throughout the years.

Bobby

BobbySydney, NSW

Why using Expedia? This is rediculous

Do not Make Your Life Harder using EXPEDIA.
This website is only good for search - that is it. You see flight or accommodation or whatever you want to book and then go and deal with the company that actually provides the service.
THE MOST STUPID THING IS TO BOOK THROUGH EXPEDIA. For any further details, you have to deal anyway with the company who provides the service and Expedia always excuses themself. So if you need a refund you must deal with the company anyway. If you need any change you have to deal with company provider. Basically Expedia is a 3rd party who can't and doesn't guarantee or provide actual service. They just make the things harder. Seriously

Les

Les

Be Carefull,

We booked a flight , a hotel at our destination and a night in Sydney prior to our flights to Bali.
Due to COVID 19 , flights were cancelled , we have received our Bali accommodation refund, thanks , but alas no airline refund Expedia do not like to refund , stating that the airline won’t refund , they will if Expedia releases the money,
Sydney Hotel , now due to a glitch we are told we did not cancel our plans ,joke , they offered $50.00 credit as a sweetener,
Be Aware

Booking Type Accommodation and Flights

Getting robbed in light of a pandemic

Aily L.

Aily L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not book with Expedia.

Adelle H

Adelle H

Beware!

spent $4000 through Expedia.com.au for various europe travel arrangements cancelled in March due to coronavirus. At least $2000 of it was refundable (although their website stated that all of it was) but they have kept it all. Lesson learned.

Jennifer

JenniferGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Simply horrible

Still awaiting call from all the false promises refund team unavailable air Baltic cancelled flight offered a credit note which I rejected as I need the money to book the connecting flight
Expedia get your act together your customer service is beyond disgusting

Ando

AndoSydney, NSW

Cancelled hotel. Expedia won’t pay the refund.

Expedia promised a refund from the hotel I booked in Melbourne. Told me to be patient due to the coronavirus. So I waited one,two,three,four five months and the same I received the same answer every time..
I was told Expedia sent the refund and proved to me (via an email with a transaction ID) it was sent to my bank account, which I never ever received! So I was thinking why would they send an email (Just a random transaction ID number) to me stating x amount has been transferred to my account but there is no proof or verification it was processed??
I may never see my money again but I know for a fact I will NEVER EVER book with Expedia again!! I highly do not recommend expedia for any of its services..

Booking Type Accommodation

Never book accommodation with a second party !!

Cancelled booking due to COVID-19... Expedia advised me that the hotel would not give a refund .... contacted hotel they advised Expedia has not transferred the money !!! Expedia give me my money back due to the present climate I need the money refunded!!

Lance

LanceGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Non refundable hotel booking

Lee

LeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dont book wirh a third party

Called Expedia about our flights in Europe that had been cancelled by the airlines for this month except for a short leg of our journey, they are charging 60 Euro to cancel this very short leg which they tell me is airlines chargers or other wise we could have a credit for travel to January 2021. If I had booked directly with the same airlines I would have got a full refund or a credit for 18 month travel , as the people we were traveling with have got from booking direct.
I will never book with a third-party ever again as you are penalized.

Rubbish - DON'T book

VIKASHNI

VIKASHNISydney, NSW

Unimaginable Expedia

Booking Type Flights

Withdrew money from my account 6 months after I paid!

Paid for my flights back to Australia in October of 2018 and boarded the flight successfully which took me home only to be charged for it six months later without any notice at all.
Logged into my bank account to find a missing 1,500 AUD. I absolutely thought i had been a victim of credit card fraud. Useless customer service from Expedia with no apologies at all for their silly error.
Thank god i had my money in my account otherwise i would've been overdrawn almost 2 grand.
Why would you let a customer board a plane if the money didn't even go through properly? Absolutely useless company don't book with them EVER.

Trip Completed Yes
Amal

AmalSydney, NSW

WORST COMPANY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

One year now and my refund $$$ is still not recieved. Endless emails and calls and keep saying wait for a while. And after a while they take me to the very first step again and reach the same point of "wait for a while".

Karina G.