1.5 from 1,271 reviews

1,026

The worst customer service I have ever experienced

Ash
Ash

Hi Social M,
I have already chose to accept the changes and waiting for a response to my complaint. I will let you know if they respond given I was previously promised a manager call back same day and that was days ago. Thank you

AA1

AA1Sydney, NSW

Great site and bookings

Great site and booking for hotel accomodation, easy to use, FREE CANCELLATION and very flexible. Good support. We used to book some trips in Japan and New York and it was fantastic.

Social M.Expedia

Thanks for your feedback :)

Kymp

KympSydney, NSW

Never again

I tried using the app but it was skipping transfers so I had to call. 4 calls over the space of 45 min ( who has that much time to sit on the phone on hold?)and just as Im about to pay, the guy tells me that the price of the package increased by $150 while I was on the phone to him. I canceled the booking and went elsewhere where it was done in 2 minutes and cheaper.

Social M.Expedia

Hi There, sorry to hear that you are facing issues while booking your reservation. We thank you for your feedback and will surely try to improve our services in the future. Expedia Support Team.

Bobby K.South East Queensland, QLD

Paid but not paid?

This is the second time i used expedia almost 12 months apart. Payed for my booking, or so i thought. payment was pending with my bank but not received their end. Their site told me there was an issue with payment.. now its up to me to chase it. customer service told me how they are sorry for the inconvenience.. and this is extremely rare? 2 out of 2 times. Will not recommend to anyone who needs to book a trip urgently.

Social M.Expedia

Hi There, once again apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. We will surely try to improve our services. Expedia Support Team.

not impressed ripped off

tried cancelling booking on same day of booking , put on hold & redirected overseas , was informed I would not get reply for couple of days , found out how to cancel eventually no help from customer support , hotel manger was very helpful tried to help us get our money back . expedia please response more efficiently please, you do response very quickly when you have received the cancellation and have our money. so i have learnt from this experience to book directly with hotel, as i did :}

Beware at all costs

Amended our booking from 6 nights to 4 nights due to medical reasons within the refundable period and they have refused to provide us with our refund, keep putting the onus on the hotel. Kept getting different responses off different service agents, not trust worthy would never use this company to book anything ever again.

A1B2C3D4E5Melbourne

Untrustworthy and Incompetent Now

Lee

LeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

False advertising

I booked a tour with expedia. I got told by the tour company that the tour was unavailable. I requested a refund and followed up from the tour company and they said they refunded it to Expedia, Expedia has to refund it to me. It's been almost 2 months and I'm still waiting. I am not the first they need to stop with their false advertising.

Booking Type Tour
Steve

SteveSydney, NSW

Left stranded overseas after flights were cancelled without warning!!!

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

Paid for a package over $6000K and not credited my silver status awards being told I did not enrol prior to then booking (even though I had a registered expedia account). Just another way to cheat you out of rewards and points. Called customer service to discuss, never had my calls returned despite promises that a manager would call. When I called back to talk to a manager, it was an overseas call centre and was told they could only credit me $50 coupon (and not allocate me the desired silver status which gives far greater benefits). Will never use expedia again. Australian based companies such as My Holiday Centre, Travel Online are far better and with much better customer service. AVOID EXPEDIA

Social M.Expedia

Hi There, please send us the details as advised above and we will be happy to check further. Expedia Support Team.

No refunds!!!

SbStopMe

SbStopMeSydney

Be aware of getting overcharged

I reserved a hotel through Expedia. The invoice doesn't match the transaction amount. I have been overcharged by the hotel. No support from Expedia. All support I received from Expedia was a shrug.
What is the point of reserving a hotel or book a flight through these people!

Louise

LouiseSydney, NSW

TERRIBLE

Booked a flight. Said "Sorry your booking is in progress, download the app to look at your itinerary" well, downloaded app then would not let me log in!!! So have no idea if my booking is in Progress or not. Stupid App. Stupid booking system.

Social M.Expedia

Hi Louise, I am very sorry for the experience you have faced. Please contact us at 133810 so that our Customer Service Team is able to look into the matter for you. Thanks, Expedia Support Team.

PearlBrisbane

Poor customer service

Booked a hotel and opted for extra nightly for breakfast however the website was incorrect as confirmed by Expedia via email (base room and extra were exactly same). Asked if perhaps hotel transfer could be added in place. Was contacted by representative who was very rude and told me basically I was lying and had not paid any extra. Expedia will not be refunding the amount. Even though it was confirmed in an email from them it was an error. BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!!! Also I priced flights and hotels separately and there was no real benefit in using Expedia. Do it urself or use another company. Customer service is appalling.

Social M.Expedia

Hi Pearl, we are sorry for the trouble. We are happy to look into the matter for you. Please feel free to send your details through. Thanks, Expedia Support Team.

Oren C.

Oren C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wasted a lot of time, and cannot reserve ticket

On the 28/9, I spent a lot of time choosing a flight that I liked (see itinerary below). When I finally entered my credit card details and clicked the purchase button, I got a message that no tickets left at this fare. I didn't even get an offer to purchase the ticket at a higher price, and these were the only times good for me. It is so disappointing that Expedia takes you through the long process of reservation, and checks for ticket availability only last minute.
NOTICE: even after I got the error message, the same fares kept showing on the website, so they don't mind keep misleading other clients too.

Nightmare

Worst booking company I have ever experienced... wanted to make a simple change to my booking, a change that is so simple through booking.com, but on Expedia called up multiple times (Indian call centre) and was lied too, and did not fix my problem... will never book through Expedia again.

Jess
Jess

I have now received 3 different emails to my inbox with 3 different email addresses to send my information too..... what is your actual email address ??????

Excellent customer care services

Thanks to Expedia customer care for considering our cancellation request. Your professionalism and understanding customer needs is truly appreciated. The process was easy, straight forward and the customer care officers handled the request very well.

Social M.Expedia

Hi Raji, this is great news. We are very happy to know that you were satisfied with the resolution provided to you. We can't wait for you to book with us again. Have a great day! Thanks, Expedia Support Team.

vrushali

vrushaliGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Crap. wont recommend.

worst website to book air tickets. wont recommend. they do not allow change bookings or add food preferences for flights. if by mistake wrong date, cant change booking. money xtraction website. worst UI.

Social M.Expedia

I am disgusted by the lack of ability Expedia had to split a booking

My partner (at the time) booked international flights for us under his account. Even though we have now broken up and he has cancelled his flight and I have evidence of paying for my flight Expedia refuses to change the booking, thus still giving him full control over my flights. Do yourself a favour and book your flights through a reputable travel agent so you are not throwing money down the drain. Expedia's lack of interest in helping me resolve this has resulted in me cancelling my existing hotel bookings with them. Not good enough!

LEH
LEH

Pip

PipHobart, TAS

Never any problems

It is time I gave my experiences with Expedia over a number of years. We have booked international accommodation, Australian domestic flights, domestic accommodation and car hire many times and have never had a problem. We automatically accumulate rewards and are quite often rewarded with a decent monetary discount off a booking. We have never had a booking go wrong, therefore we have never had to deal face to face with anyone in Expedia. We go to Expedia as our provider of choice and compare their deals with others. They are not always the best, but more often than not they are and thus that's where we do our business.

Social M.Expedia

Hi there, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and will continue to provide the best service in future to our customers. Thanks, Expedia Support Team

sally

sallyasked

I recently made a booking for 2 nights accomodations at Arc la Rambla in Barcelona on the 22nd - 24th Aug. I hadn’t received a conformation email so I followed it up, it appears that my email address was wrong however this has since been rectified and I have received confirmation. But the problem is I was not given any points for this booking I would appreciate you looking into this as we will making many more bookings while in Europe. Regards Sally.

Becalicious

Becaliciousasked

Hi Expedia,
I booked some singapore airlines flights on the website last wednesday (March 6th), the authorisation for payment was taken immediately. On Monday (March 11th) Singapore airlines took the payment from my account in 2 parts, the per person amount, still equalling the correct amount. However the authorisation is still being held on my card, its now Wednesday March 13. This has resulted in my account being overdrawn and as such accumulation of bank fees. Can someone please tell me how to get the authorisation/hold off my card ASAP?! I've never had this issue with expedia before, I'm a gold member so have booked plenty in the past. I'm really stressed out and need this sorted now!! Help!!

Dangles

Danglesasked

Is this the same company that is owned by expedia group USA ? ( trivago, hotels.com etc). If it is the ACCC are looking into their bussiness practices in Australia for some kind extortion racket according to Dick Smith website.
Does Expedia receive a commission from the bookings even when they stuff them up?

Booped Betty
Booped Betty

Hi Dangles, I'm not sure if it is the same, but having said that, I was redirected to 'America', but spoke to an angry lady, whom may have been Indian. Despite free cancellation policy, I needed a 'reason' for the cancellation, that threw me... I am not aware of any fees charged, however, the booking was in fact for a friend so I will get them to check their cc... cheeky buggers... after the fiasco, I have decided to pay the hotel prices and book with them... the hotel staff also made a remark about them not advertising their contact details, as they are giving those details out daily... Thankyou for your information, I will check out Dick's website... I'm also alerting my travelling friends to my experience with expedia... have a great day:)

Get an answer from our members and Expedia representatives

CategoryBooking Services