EyeBuyDirect

Fawäd MastoiCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Excellent Product, Genuinely Low Prices

Luiys Reviews
Luiys Reviews Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Used to be good before Luxottica ruined it

Eyebuydirect makes very affordable glasses for the masses. The glasses are cheap, frames look good and delivery was fast. It’s founder [Name Removed] created a good company and I bought a few glasses from this company and even got discounts too. The lens manufacturer Essilor (they make the famous transisions lenses) bought a major stake of this company. When Luxottica merged with Essilor, Eyebuydirect turned into crap. The frames are poor quality, the lenses scratch easy, the AR coatings are crap and you don’t get a free repair tool with every glasses anymore. My advice when you buy glasses is stay away from any company that is controlled by Luxottica.

Monica
MonicaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely love EBD! Great service, price, and products.

So far, I've ordered 7 pairs of glasses and sunglasses with EBD, and the process has been so easy. I had my and my husband's prescription, but we had to measure our own PD. It was pretty easy with the little printout ruler on the website. I have Transitions in my glasses, and my husband got blue light blockers. I love the frames! I did have to adjust the ear bits in hot water, but that's pretty standard with new glasses. It does take a bit of fiddling around, but so worth it not to have to go into the store. We even got a free pair of sunglasses, which I upgraded to prescription lenses for around $40 including express post. Absolutely no complaints.

Sushmita D.
Sushmita D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing quality glasses

Eyebuydirect is a lifesaver, it's been super easy to buy from them, and good quality glasses. I got ones with the blue light filter and it really helps my eyes.

Kristy
KristyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

THE WORST

Do not buy from this place. If you do, keep your expectations very low. Their stuff sucks and it's a hassle trying to sort it. I bought two and i had to get a refund after WEEKS. Not to add the fact that the customer service was the worst.

Alice T.Eye Buy Direct

Horrible Service - GO ELSEWHERE!

Ordered on 6th APR 2021, nil updates on website. Emailed them asking what is happining and was greeted with the generic "we have escalated your concern..."

Looking at other reviews, EyeBuyDirect blames delays on Pandemic which in all honesty is a complete load.

Last email stated I will have them on or before the 26th APR 2021, if I have not received them I will be requesting a refund via the ACCC.

Diana
DianaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great, excellent, satisfying eyeglasses from eyebuydirect.

Quality eyeglasses, very cheap and fast delivery. I bought 3 eyeglasses -2 for myself and 1 for hubby. Very satisfied and their customer service was wonderful . Bought a very stylish eyeglasses( on sale) with premium progressive lenses as well as photochcromic lenses( transition lenses) all at Au $160+++ only. I did the math per eyeglasses with premium progressive lenses and transition lenses will cost you over $700 -$1000+++ all in, if I were to buy other stores.

Good service, decent products

I know there are some negative service reviews on here, but I had the opposite experience. First pair ordered and arrived within a few days, however, I did not like the style. Quoting their return policy to them I was offered a replacement and only charged the difference. The second pair took longer to arrive (couple weeks). The quality of both thee glasses are alright, both frames seemed to have a dry film coating on them, but for the price it is fine.

DON’T IGNORE THE POOR REVIEWS

jzmnrse
jzmnrse

I appreciate that the pandemic is causing issues but some basic communication goes a long way. I’ve already contacted directly via the online query form on 21/3, still with no response :)

Matt Chatt Sydney, NSW

Products not bad but service is abysmal!

Matt Chatt

Thank you for finally processing, it’s just a shame it’s comes down to public criticism to force the issue.

PuppiePerth

Poor service

Glasses was damaged so had to order a pair urgently. Friend recommended Eyebuydirect with 7-14 days delivery.
Placed order on the 15.
It's now 4 March.
I got no glasses.
All emails requesting update been ignored but funny enough, I get daily 'get these frames for free' spam from them.

First and last time I'm ordering from them.

Puppie

You shouldn't be blaming the pandemic when all my other interstate orders are punctual.

Oli
OliMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Keep stuffing up my orders...

I ordered two pairs of glasses and specifically asked them to use the same script and details of my previous order but that didn't match.

I can read with but can't work on a computer with as the focusing distance is too short.

The previous order was fine (although they sent me the wrong size first) and I don't know why they couldn't match the details this time despite the fact I mentioned it not once but twice while orderinh.

Also it took ages for me to get the glasses and they're obviously cut them in china.

Not happy and although they are cheap and look great I'd rather pay more, buy local and have glasses I can use and wish I gave the money to charity instead

Bella
BellaSydney, NSW

Excellent service

Ordered glasses and arrived 14 days later. Love the style, fit, lenses. What costs $200 at an Aust Optometrist cost $40 from Eyebuydirect. Fast delivery. Only downside is cannot claim from health fund as seller is based overseas.

PISSED OFF
PISSED OFFGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

SCAM!!!!

Do NOT waste your money you will be told different reasons to as why your glasses haven't arrived yet. Then you will be told it's at the "lab" then told it's on it's way then told oh sorry we didn't get your payment when thank GOD I had proof and top of that try to add a few more dollars for you to pay. For God's sake people are struggling enough and these idiots just scam people. You will not get it in 7 days it's been over a month and still nothing just excuses. Go to your local optometrist guys. Will be taking this further because this has to stop and preying on innocent people is disgusting and karma will come knocking. Disgusting scamming company. If I could give no stars I would.

Abir
Abir Sydney, NSW

Excellent pricing with great quality glasses.

Read more reviews - page 2