Liz

LizSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Carpet

Purchased Feltex wool carpet expecting this to be of good quality. Carpet everywhere has pilled and has only been down for 3 months. I have complained to the company where I purchased the carpet but as yet nothing. I have a carpet cleaner in to clean a couple of rugs and showed him. He comment was that it should be all pulled up and replaced. Very disappointing!

Job Satisfaction

Ed S.

Ed S.South East Queensland, QLD

This company appears to not know what the words customer service means.

George D.

George D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Aweful carpets and equal customer service

We bought the house from a builder who had chosen Feltex. After about 6 months , some stains started appearing on them. Took nearly 6 months to get someone from Feltex to come and inspect the carpets and took another month to get a response from them about their conclusions ( after much followups )

However, the conclusion was

"Pile reversal is not a manufacturing defect, and apart from affecting the appearance of the carpet, it has no detrimental effect on the performance of the carpet. The phenomena is explained on our labelling and in our carpet maintenance and guarantee booklets and customers are advised to discuss this with the retailer at time of purchase."

LynHunter Region, NSW

Poor carpet and terrible service

Terrible carpet

Purchased this carpet and had it laid throughout our house. Looked and felt fantastic for 5 months and now has worn and flattened in all traffic areas. It even flattened out in front of the change table where I stood to change my baby within the 5 weeks of him being home. Not good enough. Nothing picks the carpet back up, it’s flat, worn and fluffy resulting in not being able to clean it properly. I did have a carpet consultant come and look at the carpet to which he sent a report stating it was normal within the first 6 months. I’m still wanting this addressed. Severely disappointed in the product and company treatment thus far

Job Satisfaction
Mary H.Feltex Carpets

Hi Karlie, I would like you to email to social.media@godfreyhirst.com Sorry I neglected to advise this in the last post.
Kind regards
Mary

KathGladstone

Lifetime Warranty a Joke

Contacted company in June re warranty. Told a claim would be raised. Called again in July as no action had been taken. Said they hadn't received paperwork. Was told an inspector would contact me in next couple of weeks. Called again end of August. Was told they had been busy. In September received a letter stating that warranty conditions had not been met. Never saw the inspector. Sent an itemised email on 19 October showing how I HAD met the warranty conditions. No response to email. Sent another email on 11 November asking if I would get a response. Still no reply. It seems like the company policy is "stuff them around long enough and maybe they'll go away." Not sure what is worse - the carpets or the customer service!

Kath

Here we go - still being ignored!!! Because it might cost them money.

Mary H.Feltex Carpets

Hi Kath, I wonder if you could please email me the details of your claim to social.media@godfreyhirst.com so that I can look into your claim. I require your full name, address, product name, retailer, and after sales number please.
Many thanks

Kath

Happy to do that but first I would like to know why I never got a response to my first comment. Secondly, how do I know, once I do that, that I won't be ignored yet AGAIN.

Ribcord - Dark Pepper

It was only installed 1 week ago. Im happy with it, It looks nice and its everything I expected. Its in a extention that we havnt moved into as of yet, but it looks smart and cozy.

Pan

PanMoonee Beach

Carpet not fit for purpose

Feltex are marketing carpet that is not "Fit for purpose". They offer a lifetime guarantee on a product that is not fit for purpose. A product that should not be sold in the public realm because it is Not fit for purpose and Feltex is well are aware that the product is Not fit for purpose. Placing warnings in tiny lettering that nobody sees is deceptive and misleading conduct under the Trade Practises Act. This kind of conduct is unethical and immoral and does nothing for the reputation of the company. I would not, under any circumstances, recommend this company to anyone. What I would say is: BEWARE of FELTEX.

Janne C Lindrum

BarjillyTauranga N.Z.

Very Disappointed

Barjilly

Thanks for getting back to me, yes I have emailed my details to the website you said.

Mary H.Feltex Carpets

Someone will be in touch , thanks

inge

ingeMelbourne

Extremely disappointed

I was thrilled with the result once the Salisbury Druid Stone carpet was installed, but after a few months it started developing fuzz in the high traffic areas the same way a cheap wool jumper would. It is getting worse and worse and I am bitterly disappointed as I thought I was buying a top quality wool product. How can you sell a carpet that can't withstand traffic? we use a standard dyson vacuum cleaner on the carpet which doesn't show any signs of the wool in it, so it is purely the walking around on it that is causing this... the areas with little traffic still look as good as new. I definitely do not recommend this carpet. Its a complete waste of money.

Lucinda JonesSydney, NSW

Looks great on display in the store, however not practical and looks atrocious after being walked on

Sue

Sue

Horrible carpet

Faded in no time even with tinted windows. Nit good wearing. Even my mums neighbour had the same carpet and theirs faded as well. Bad investment.

jillmaccSouth Australia

Shock carpet purchase

After purchasing an expensive wool loop pile carpet we were shocked when it turned into patches of unsightly fuzz upon vacuuming. We had purchased a new powerhead vacuum cleaner which we were told by a vacuum franchise owner was the only way to properly clean this kind of carpet. We are now told by the manufacturer that a powerhead cannot be safely used on this carpet. To take this to its logical conclusion ... Feltex is selling a carpet that cannot be properly cleaned. I am deeply disappointed with this purchase!

jillmacc

Thank you. I have responded via email to your request.

SMS

SMSMaryborough

Beautiful top quality carpet

Fantastic carpet, so soft under foot and looks so expensive but was actually reasonably priced. Would highly recommend to do a whole house A++

Very nice quality carpet

The carpet is very soft and comfortable to walk on and looks to be a good quality carpet .We had it laid in various rooms in the house recently..

Mary H.Feltex Carpets

Hi Fill ,we were very excited to hear that you are as happy with your new carpets as we are to provide them.
We hope that you will enjoy your new carpets for years to come, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

warm regards

Rookie

RookieSydney

Feels great!

We chose Orchid Charm/ Orchard house. Carpet has been installed to entire upstairs in a new house. Carpet feels great under feet and we're happy with the way the carpet colour works in the rooms. The installers did a great job in that you can't tell where the carpet joins occur. Seems quite easy to keep clean. Comments from other people have said it looks very smooth

Really lovely

I chose the Feltex Stonefields for it's natural chunky look. Its very soft underfoot and the Cobblestone colour works really well with each room's decor.

Love it

Recently had Feltex carpet laid in bedroom and family room. I love it. Feels lovely underfoot and looks great. I will have no hesitation in putting the same carpet in two more bedrooms.

Mary H.Feltex Carpets

Great functionality and value for money!

Have bought Feltex carpet for two houses and it is very functional, easy to keep clean especially if you have pets, good value for money and great wearing.

Toby

Toby

lives up to expectations.

Very easy to clean off dog stains. Feels very soft underfoot. And looks great. Couldn't ask for anything more.i recommend this carpet to anyone owning a pet.

Kathasked

Hi Mary H
Will I ever receive a response to my concerns posted 6 months ago or am I being ignored because it's a negative post?

Hi Kath,
I am terribly sorry that we have not responded to you any earlier, I wonder if you would mind emailing me your details to social.media@godfreyhirst.com
Full name:
Address:
Phone number:
Product:
Retailer:
After sales number (if existing):
I will look into your issues as quickly as possible.
Many thanks

morvi

morviasked

I have researched that Feltex, Godfrey Hirst and Just Shorn are all the same company, yet marketed as 3 different brands? Why does the same product from the same company have different prices when they look the same? Eg Diamond Lake and feltex wool carpet?

Hi Morvi,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you provide some more information on the carpets you are comparing? i.e. Do you have both product names; Diamond Lake and the other? Many carpets can indeed look similar. Whilst it would be rare to find the same carpet at the same store with different pricing, the pricing is at the discretion of the retailer. We’re here to help and look forward to hearing from you.

Get an answer from our members and Feltex Carpets representatives