• Braking
  • Features
Sasha

SashaSydney, NSW

Hell and back

I have been stranded so many times, transmission has a major fault sick of paying for temporary 2week fixes, literally the worst experience ever. Fiat should recall and refund, never again

Purchased in April 2014 for $15,000.00.

Noise Level

Comfort
Features
Consumer, Melbourne

Consumer, MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Known Transmission Problems - could not be fixed (Lemon)

Purchased in July 2018.

BoughtNew
Year2017

not happy

looks cute but poor quality

I use my car daily for mainly city or suburban driving. This car requires 6monthly services. I have had to spend over $2,000 for replacing extra items apart from regular service. I purchased the 2014 model in December of that year. In that time I have had to replace the battery, spark plugs and a very expensive sparkplug cover, tyres, air filter, front headlight, plate light, my number plate and its cover keep falling off, just to name a few. I have never had to spend this much extra to replace these items on a new car that has just been on the road for 4 years and has done just on 45k.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
happyhippy

happyhippySunshine Coast

Dashboard Cracks where airbag is and Fiat won't fix! Only out of warranty 6 months!

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Ginny

Ginny

Transmission was an issue but lucky enough to get Giat to fix

Always wanted one of these since having an original. Mine too after 38000 km started sticking in neutral leaving me stranded in the road. Luckily I had just bought it from a garage and they replaced the clutch less gearbox with reference to s known fault. Glad I didn’t buy it privately. Haven’t really loved it so much since.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Steve

SteveDONCASTER

Stay away, very unreliable and dangerous car

My wife purchased this car a couple of years ago and it was all good until the transmission started playing up.
With just 28.000klms on the clock the car started dropping into neutral while driving leaving here in the middle of the road. Fiat customer support in Australia is terrible and want to charge $7500 to repair this problem.
My advice to anyone looking to buy one of these is DONT. Not worth it as the Dualogic automatic is just rubbish.
Do a search on one of the Fiat forums at (www.fiatforum.com) and you will find out all the details.

BadgeSport
Date PurchasedMay 2014
Andy H

Andy HBrisbane

500S 6Sp

I have owned my fiat for 3 years and never had any issues with it. I have decided to part with it though as it’s incredibly small and I want something a bit bigger with a bit more power. Not the greatest in hills but gets you where you’re going.

BadgeS
Date PurchasedOct 2015

Salospeed issues

I am really concerned and scared to drive my Fiat now. I am having dreadful issues with the transmission. Fiat refuse to fix under warranty when it is clearly a manufacturer issue. Fiats were recalled in USA for the same issues. I can be driving along the freeway when it automatically goes into neutral. Very scary when there is a huge semitrailer behind you. So I gently pull over. The car won’t start again so I wait. After about 10 mins it will start. Often it won’t start in the morning or you try to reverse park and the car won’t go into reverse. This has been happening regularly since I first purchased it in 2014. I am at my wits end. Sick of arguing with Fiat. Does anyone else have this problem. We need to look at a class action!

Date PurchasedApr 2014

lamster

lamsterSydney, NSW

Fiat 500 C Pop

If you buy a Fiat it will make you happy when you get in it, that’s how I would sum up the experience. With regards to the drive it is characterful which is a good way of saying unique, I would recommend test driving it because the duallogic gear box is not for everyone. My only complaint is the dealership programs 6 monthly servicing in the car computer and the log book says 12 months so I think this is excessive. Surprisingly there is enough room for four passengers. Ours is in red with an open top, in Autumn, Spring and Summer you forget about all the little quirks and just enjoy the open experience. Preferably with a latte in hand facing the beach :)

Date PurchasedAug 2016

All look no substance

Let's be honest, no one ever buys a fiat for performance. Its all for the look.
I bought a fiat 500c 2016 in mint green.
If you are happy to struggle uphills, constantly have issues arise in your car (anti roll back cut out whilst you are on a hill), pay for approximately $600 per routine service (basic service) and waste heaps of time dealing with car sales/service people.......go ahead.
Getting a reliable German, Japanese or Korean car that has lots of competition for servicing is the way to go.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Loving organic

Loving organicAU

Fiat 500X review

I love my Fiat 500X! I bought it 12 months ago and it is a dream car. The interior design is slick and modern and the sunroof is really useful when it's not too hot. It has many great tech features, and of them all I have fallen in love with the blind corner warning when changing lanes. It doesn't have a lot of power, but I find that's okay for city driving. I have been asked by lots of friends if it is a diesel because of the sound it makes.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Frances

FrancesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Adore my Bella, she is the best car I have ever owned which includes a 328 BMW. No I would not swap

Driving......Fab
Interior.......perfect
Reliability.....execellent. I drive all over the metropolitan of Brisbane most days. Very cheap to run. Always take her to Fiat for service. Average cost $300.00 pa.
What more can I say, I love Bella!
No sorry, she is not for sale, I am hoping for a very long love affair.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Isabella P

Isabella PMelbourne

I love my little baby fiat!

This car is super cute, very easy to drive and a great, cheap car for a student. It is relatively cheap to run and easy to maintain. I love the baby blue colour on both the body and the dash, and the convertible hood is so much fun in summer.

Badge(No Badge)

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Andronj1

Andronj1Sydney

Split dashboard

My 2014 fiat 500 has now developed a split along the airbag passenger dash. This is obviously manufacture problem, but Fiat want $1700 to rectify.
The outline of the airbag is totally visible and I presume it’s dangerous.
Fiat should have more integrity than this and should stand by their product.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Danielle

DanielleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Paint peeling off fiat 500

I also have a 2010 fiat 500c red. All my paint clear coat is peeling off. I won awards for this car and now the paint on the car is a mess. I have had trouble with the boot opening for years now. I don't use the boot anymore. Lately I have notice the roof lining glue is coming apart. I would not recommend at fiat 500 to anyone. I brought mine new $32000.

Date PurchasedOct 2010
Annette

AnnetteBrisbane

not a clown car

I love the retro look of this car, and the colour combinations, which is why I bought it. The size of the car means it fits in everywhere. It does lack power on the freeway and if there are more than 2 passengers, but since I mostly drive solo this isn't a problem. The fiat pop is a cool little car -even the pope drives one!

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Date PurchasedMay 2014
LynThorpe

LynThorpeAU

Fiat 500 Selespeed automatic transmission problem

Fiat 500s have a known problem. In North America alone 80000 have been recalled because of problems with the transmission (Selespeed). The problem is known in the U.K, Australia and Europe. If your car has problems, pursue it. The repairs cost about $6000. If you are thinking of buying one, negotiate specific cover on this component.

Date PurchasedDec 2009

Jeff L.

Jeff L.asked

Fiat 500

How much should I pay for 55,000 km service please?

tim
tim

I just did a 70 000 k service on my wifes 4 iridium ngk plugs $53 selinia 5 w 40 oil $75 ryco z411st filter $22
Took me an hours labour, and im old with arthritis joins and a knee replacement, make sure you use the selenia oil or buy a new engine !You should probably do the timing belt $120 bucks including idler bearings ,you need a special cam tool to do this ,and follow the procedure, took me two hours.
Pay a specialist fiat mechanic three hours labour, plus the parts total would be around parts $270 to $300 labour $300 I hope this helps ,we bought our car new I have serviced scince second service ,never missed a beat ,but I read the book ,most mechanics dont read the book and use generic oil. I hope this helps I am in Brisbane if you need help google royaltouroz to contact me

MarkandLynn

MarkandLynnasked

Fiat 500

Just wanted to thank you all. We nearly made a tragic mistake in seriously considering a Fiat 500 convertable purchase.
Will keep away.

David4242asked

500 2008-2015

2012 Fiat 500 Twinair, cylinder misfiring. Mechanics have replaced coil packs, new spark plugs, oil change and engine flush, cleaned throttle body. All to no avail.. Any ideas?

not happy

my problem ended up being a loose wire. after changing the spark plugs, and what holds the spark plugs and a couple of other things it still came back to running really rough and losing power.

David4242

so did you get it solved in the end?

Compare all 14 Fiat 500

No reviews yet
CategoryHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacks
Starting Price $19,990$21,490$19,490
TransmissionManualAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque102Nm @ 3000rpm102Nm @ 3000rpm102Nm @ 3000rpm
Country of ManufacturePolandPolandPoland
Safety Features
  • Tyre Pressure Monitor (TPM)
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
Extra Features
  • Voice Control
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Compare all 14 Fiat 500