Firstmac

Firstmac

Brand Manager for Firstmac? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.0

Extremely slow processes

I have recently paid out a car loan early, and was charged roughly $1000 on top of the balance in order to clear the loan in early exit/extra payment fees, and was then told it could take up to a week to generate a zero balance letter so I am able to sell my vehicle to a new buyer.

Working in finance myself, I am aware that there could be slight delays, but having a dedicated department unable to write an email stating the payment has cleared and the vehicle is no longer encumbered is beyond useless.

Adro
AdroPerth, WA

Disappointing early exit fees. Other providers out there who don't sneak this in anymore.

Long wait on the phone, charges early payout fees on my car loan so check your terms and conditions. Chucked in some extra interest in payout too which I didn't understand. Takes 2 business days to generate a payout letter and figure. Stark contrast to my wife's lender with easy online access, no early exit fees, no 'extra interest' payment and generated a payout letter with a click. Lesson learnt and I won't be a returning customer.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

Watto
WattoSydney, NSW

Saddly, hopeless

Customer service on simple debit card type things is OK. The people are nice, but they do not seem to know how their own systems work, especially on line services. The online portal is basic. As my finances are a bit more complicated now, they could not even handle a redraw application that was over the set limit, even though the money is sitting in my account waiting to be transferred to my superannuation account. Not rocket science, but looks like it will take a WEEK to sort out!

Application Process
Derek N
Derek NSydney, NSW

The best of the worst!

No.1 in the world for worst customer service!

Circus like operation. No one has any product knowledge. I have been trying to get a refund for the last 3 months for an amount less than $500 because of their lack of attention.

Very fast and reliable to take your money and charge you with additional fees for their mistakes.

You could get more out of a brick wall!

Home Loans

Find out how Firstmac compares to other Home Loans

Andrea M.
Andrea M.Perth, WA

Very unprofessional

Our broker submitted a application for a car loan for us we were very happy as it was approved but when car yard sent the invoice first Mac said the car was not worth what they were asking so we couldn’t get the car why didn’t they say this in first place we then found another car which is only 2 years old with low KMs and cheaper than the first car once again firstmac started again this time they wanted the car yard to send pics of the car to them. After a week we just had enough so we didn’t go ahead with the finance. They turned a good week into a bad week

Glenn
GlennGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor/ non existent customer service

Have tried to contact them twice and have spent over an hour on hold. Requested a call back and hung up. When I got a callback there was silence on the other end. Called back immediately to hear a recording saying to call back during business hours. This was 30 minutes before the customer service closing time. Having doubts about making the switch to them from another lender.

Get quotes
Looking for Home Loans?

Start now
Anti-Kogan
Anti-Kogan

Don’t want to keep a customer

I had an investment loan on my home as it was tenanted.
Relocated to my home and asked for the owner occupied rate (0.10% better).
Answer was no as I’m on the best rate. Advised I’ll refinance as I could save 0.40% by doing so. I’m in advance on my loan and never missed a payment. Looks like I’m going elsewhere. They seem happy to lose a good customer, so they will :-)

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Shaiz
ShaizSydney, NSW

No transparency

I have home loan through MCCA and both are disappointing, they are not transparent, trying to snatch every single penny they can, whenever there is a rate cut they pass on minimum and takes months to implement. Had a terrible experience

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Loan used forFirst Home

If I could rank 0 stars I would, absolutely not recommended

Time consuming, poor communication, constantly changing requirements/documentation required. from first contact to now, its been 4 weeks to get pre-approval and now the request further information e.g. they now want a retirement strategy in case we still have a loan when we retire, yet our assets to debt ratio is 5 to 1 and investment income is more than required to pay the loan. The delays and stress are not worth it.

Home Loans

Find out how Firstmac compares to other Home Loans

Rhyme
RhymeCanberra 2600, ACT

Terrible

Raised the interest rate on my home loan when the reserve bank didn't raise the official rate and failed to lower it when the reserve bank lowered the official rate. My variable rate loan started out 1% below the rates being offered by the big 4 banks, but soon ended up the same as the big 4. Service is poor. Can't deposit foreign cheques. No PayeeID. Web app is functional but very limited. No notification when my direct transfer payments to others bounce. No physical presence.

Get quotes
Looking for Home Loans?

Start now
Sue
SueMelbourne

Absolutely terrible

Absolutely terrible! Poor or no communication, continual postponements and constantly changing loan requirements. It took six weeks to get approval with constant grief and frustration. The time delay made it impossible to go to another lender since the property was under offer. Such rude customer service people. If you have any other loan options, take them instead! I can’t wait until my loan agreement finishes and I will be moving straight to another lender.