Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door RF522A (Non-Ice & Water)

RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel), RF522ADX4 (Stainless Steel), RF522ADJX5 (Stainless Steel), etc...

• Internal Layout

ari1972Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't make them like they used to...

Purchased in February 2021.

Household Size3 person(s)

C.A.Sydney, NSW

VERY BEAUTIFUL FRIDGE

This fridge replaced our previous Fischer & Paykel fridge, which lasted 20 years.
Now this is an unbelievable lifespan for a fridge, so I had to stick with the brand, and buy another Fischer & Paykel fridge.
This new fridge is of very high quality, and one of the most beautiful fridges on the market.
It’s also super quiet.
A very big thank you to the manufacturer for producing such an excellent product.

Purchased in November 2020.

Ramondo DeVille

Ramondo DeVilleSydney, NSW

Good Looking Fridge, But Noise / Compressor Issues

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,800.00.

French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door RF522A (Non-Ice & Water) compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

swamprat96

swamprat96

Good fridge and well made

Fridge replaced an old conventional F&P. Whilst being the same size it does lose space because of the french doors- and those french doors never close by themselves. Apart from that we've had it a year now with zero issues. The fast freeze and bottle chill features get used all the time. Quality is good and nothing has broken - unlike a kelvinator beer fridge bought more recently

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $2,100.00.

amak320

amak320Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overall good quality 5.5 years old still going

Love the design, look and features of this fridge.

The compartments and storage is generous.

Have had this since April 2014 and it has not failed once. The only issue is the left door flange does now close properly but it can be easily resolved by manually push it as you close the door. I see this is a common issue.

Otherwise, highly recommend this fridge.

Purchased in April 2014 at The Good Guys for $1,965.00.

Victor

Victor

So far so good. Very quiet fridge.

Have had the Fisher Paykel 519L active smart french door fridge for nearly 2 years now after a major reno. Chosen this refrigerator for it's good looks & excellent size. So far so good. Very quiet. The ability to see all things inside of fridge at a quick glance. The side storage is great for quick access to milk and butter, jams & sauces. Excellent refrigerator. Highly recommended.

Purchased in October 2017 at Appliances Online for $2,199.00.

George

GeorgePerth, WA

Very nice fridge

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,783.00.

Chris

ChrisBrisbane

Just purchased

Updating review..Stainless steel smudges very easy. Managed to have one of the letters on the front of the fridge fall off after a light wipe down, so now I have a Fisher & Pay el, good look... No egg holder or an accessory to even buy to get one!? Massive over sight by F&P. Quite loud compared to my older (and cheaper) fridge. Double vege/fruit bins are good. Early days but regretting my purchase.

Purchased in August 2019.

John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

In a word "Fantastic

French doors are great. Can see and reach everything. The Veg crisper keep veggies fresh well beyond use-by date. Freezer is roomy and access easy.
A big improvement on my 27 year old Kelvinator which is still going as my beer fridge.
Thanks F&P

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,810.00.

Cockroach

CockroachSouth East Queensland, QLD

Door flapper

Door flapper fails to go into position to allow the door to close , have to hold it into potion to be able to close the door , has anyone got a fix , the flapper spring is not broken ,got home one night from work and my wife handed the spring to me telling me she found it on the floor

Purchased in February 2017.

Esther

EstherPerth, WA

Best fit for kitchen with a rather shallow recess.

Best fit for my kitchen where space is plenty but lacks the cabinet depth but yet we still want a fridge that can accommodate a family of 5.

The temperature so far has been even for both fridge and freezer and have not experienced any sort of freezing for items places on the top shelf of the fridge. The best part about this fridge is that it offers plenty of space for a smaller foot print in your kitchen. It would be nice if Fisher & Paykel would sells a wider fridge with similar depth and height.

Purchased in March 2019.

Mitch K

Mitch K

Convenient and quiet

I needed a new fridge to fit into the fridge space in my new home and the Fisher & Paykel I choose turned out to be perfect. The french doors really suited our home as it meant that the fridge could be open at the same time as someone was walking through the narrow kitchen it sits in. A single door fridge would block off the whole walkway until it's closed again. Also, the Fisher & Paykel doesn't make the noises of other fridges you sometimes here at other peoples houses.

Purchased in November 2018.

Grandad

GrandadSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fridge Freezer Size and Handle Location.

Purchased in December 2018.

Problems 2 12yrs old

You get a 2yr warranty and then the trouble starts. We had water under the fridge which ruined the wooden floor so had been leaking for awhile. We pulled out cleaned up cleared the tube at the back. Now buzzer goes off 20 times with the spanner showing. Phoned Fisher & Paykel would be a $148 call out fee plus parts. Have phoned Fair Trading recommend going back to the supplier. If no go there put forms into Fair Trading. Would not advise buying a Fisher $ Paykel appliance. Must say has been okay until last few months. We have had other brand fridges last 15yrs.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Toby

TobyMelbourne

Brilliant functional design

Very easy to clean & organise. Maintains temperature effortlessly. Freezer compartment comprised of 2 easy glide drawers which works so well when rationalising freezer foods. Such a luxury having iced water on tap. A very smart addition to my kitchen with easy to clean stainless steel finish. I really like the slide out shelf with the fresh produce bins.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Jack McLean

Jack McLeanSydney

What a great fridge, spacious , quiet and functional and easy to keep clean

1. Temperatures reliable always
2. Love all the aspects of this fridge
3. Ease of opening and closing excellent.
4. After 3 years, problems NONE - last fridge Samsung 2 door, leaked water all the time, not fixable, two years and off to the tip.
5. No noise, very Happy.

Date PurchasedSept 2015
Daniella

DaniellaSydney

Great Fridge, Roomy and Quiet

I love my new fridge, it is roomy and quiet. When it first got connected it made a lot of noise, but then it settled and after 48 hours I could hardly hear anything, I forget it is there, what an amazing fridge, everything fits and looks so stylish, I love the french doors, it keeps all my food organized and very neat.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Hannah B

Hannah BSydney

Nice & Silent Fridge

Works real nice, modern square edges and best of all unlike our old fridge this one is silent, no noisy buzzing or clunks. lots of great storage compartments and loads of clever spaces. Easy to access all the back corners and easy to change shelf levels quick when required for taller items.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Loretta

LorettaSydney, NSW

Excellent fridge for kitchen with limited space

We previously had a Fisher and Paykel 519L fridge/freezer and it was excellent, so we were happy to purchase this brand again. We chose the French door model as we live in a Sydney terrace with limited space in the kitchen - the doors don’t need as much space to swing open as our previous fridge. Unlike a side-by-side fridge, the French doors open to a single compartment, which means you still have a nice wide shelf for platters and the like. My only criticisms are that unlike our previous fridge this doesn’t have a dedicated ice shelf in the freezer and there is no egg storage in the fridge - so we’ve had to leave our eggs in cartons.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Liana

LianaRozele

Perfect fridge for me

I only used this fridge for a couple of months and had no problems so far. I was also looking for a fridge to fit the space int he kitchen cabinetry and was pleasantly surprised to find this one. I love how it is quiet and has so much room for everything that I need to store for the family of 4.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
See all Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door RF522A Series reviews

ari1972asked

519L French Door RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel)

What setting are people keeping their fridge set to, we just got this fridge (1 week) and it seems not to be holding coolness within the safe temperature, it is cold if i have it on coldest setting but then it begins to freeze items and still not as cold as the old 18 year old F&P? Had F&P tech come and check it today and he said to set it to middle temp setting which he said is designed for all year around, now temps in fridge are at 5-7 deg, one small water bottle on top shelf records at 4.4 everything else is recording at 5-7 and above and water and drinks are not chilled to that crisp ice cold level that the old fridge managed to achieve. Any advice would be appreciated!

C.A.

Get Fisher and Paykel to have it checked. My fridge was not cold enough and it was replaced after 4 weeks.

ari1972

F&P are not doing anything about our fridge (8 weeks now) they claim there is nothing wrong with it even though we have fluctuating temperatures within fridge, from very cold then dropping to warm of its own accord, things freezing then defrosting, we have had condensation and water drops forming on back panel of fridge! Last technician sticky taped a small piece of foam behind inside back panel of fridge said sometimes these things are forgotten during manufacturing!? Our fridge is a lemon F&P technicians are not qualified to find the fault! We are in process of putting in a claim with consumer affairs, F&P have not resolved our issue nor do they seem to care nor have responded to our numerous requests to speak to senior management! We have thrown out so much food that has spoiled due to this issue! They told us to lodge a food loss claim 3 weeks ago, yes you guessed it no response to that either!

Bek

Bekasked

519L French Door RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel)

French Door Spring replacement.We have purchased a new spring twice for this model fridge and they don’t fit. We can’t make the spring work.We are sick of wasting money on parts that don’t work.My husband is ready to take the fridge to the tip! Can we please, please have the right model spring number and instructions on how to fit it. Desperate.

Lyndie

Lyndieasked

519L French Door RF522ADX5 (Stainless Steel)

As soon as the door is opened the beeping begins and lasts for 17 beeps which,I am told, means that the freezer fan is not working correctly. But it does appear to be OK.
Also, little beeps, like chirps, come from the fridge all the time. Why is this ? I cannot locate any controls on the interior of the fridge part, only on the exterior. Thank you very much in anticipation !

See all Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door RF522A (Non-Ice & Water) questions

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Compare all 11 Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door RF522A Series
CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,599.00
Dimensions 1715 x 790 x 695 mm1715 x 790 x 695 mm1715 x 790 x 695 mm1715 x 790 x 695 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)2 star(s)
Household Size 4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Colour / FinishStainless SteelStainless SteelWhiteWhite
Handle Type ExternalExternalExternalExternal
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves3333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins2222
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity
Total Capacity 519 L519 L519 L519 L
Fridge Capacity 360 L360 L360 L360 L
Freezer Capacity 159 L159 L159 L159 L
Replaced byFisher & Paykel 519L French Door RF522ADW5 (White)
Compare all 11 Fisher & Paykel 519L French Door RF522A Series