Reliable and the most quiet fridge

The F&P fridge has a very smart temperature stabilizing system, and it's almost not there at all., so very quiet.
The shelves are adjustable and very practical to suit all types of users.
It has NON-squeaky doors and are easy to open and close and they don't close with a bang like others.
power usage is great too. easy to clean and access inside of the tray compartments. true value for money.

Date PurchasedOct 2003

Good product just not for me

Fridge is nicely made, looks good and has good shelving space. I would prefer a product with one door rather than two just for opening space. Freezer is a good side and drawers slide out nicely. Just can't see what's in the drawers when they're closed

Purchased in September 2017.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Great Fridge

All in all this is a great fridge, spacious, well thought through, even temperature and I think is a very stylish design. The fridge is relatively quiet, and we have owned this for 3 years with no problems.
The water filler is great, as it does not take up any fridge space unlike most other fridge designs. The ice maker and scoop is also a really well designed and reliable functioning feature.
The only negative is the drawer runners, which seem to get stiff and seize up before fully extending. Apart from this minor issue its a great fridge

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Excellent french door fridge

This is an excellent fridge for family of 4 or 5 people. i have been using this fridge for last 6 months and so far it is going great.

Pros:
Lot of storage
Adjustable shelves
Alarm system
Separate Temperature control for above and below compartment.
Fast Freeze functionality
Multiple drawers in freezer compartment

cons:
Only thing I miss in this fridge is ice cube storage bin.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Good fridge, lots of useful space

Purchased this fridge back in 2017 when F&P had 300 cashback offer. Didn't get it installed till may 2017 when we moved into newly built home. Compared to our old fridge which was same size in liters, it has far more useful space available. The ice generates quickly, we use stacks of ice, and spends a lot of time on the fastest setting. The water dispenser is good, need to careful it doesn't leak on the floor. Only issue we are having with it is the freezer draw, one side gets stuck sometimes. Issue with the rail coming off its fixed point.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Generally a Great fridge

Wanted a larger fridges and although the fridge space is large enough for us, the freezer is quite small especially as the ice bucket takes up a little bit of the space.
We had purchased an integration kit with it that is made specifically for it, this was quite disappointing as it was very hard to install and doesn’t function smoothly with the fridge.

Fridge # 2 & still faulty

Purchased original Fridge Jan 2018. Original fridge serviced multiply times and eventually replaced. Fridge # 2 faulty for the day it was delivered. Deliver guys not interested. Dropped fridge and ran. Delivery boys complained they had to lift fridge up 3 stairs, not 3 levels just three stairs. Technicians have serviced second fridge at least 5 times with a carnival of errors. For each technician its Groundhog Day, never checking the history of the last service. Continually arrive without replacement parts after confirming with customer service they have the parts. Last visit arrived and had the wrong replacement parts. Customer service and technicians obviously don’t consult with each other. It’s now 11 months since we purchased original fridge and today they are coming to service again. Fingers crossed they can get it together and fix the fridge. To unlikely customers, please do not purchase this fridge, it is absolute rubbish. The service department is completely disorganised and ineffective.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great features but don't expect it to last forever

Purchased as a factory second in October 2008.

Functions really well and has plenty of space for everything. Easy to clean. No problems as such but now in early 2018 stopped making ice with error code F24 and constant beeping.

I've just paid $253 to fix, not replace, a broken wire, which apparently very common with this fridge. Note - we only connected to water 6 years ago.

The technician says the motor is noisy and if anything breaks down not to fix it as it will cost too much. They're not made to last and I'm lucky, apparently, that it's lasted for 10 years.

** I still have my 29 year old Hoover/Admiral fridge which has never skipped a beat!

Date PurchasedNov 2008

Stylish yet practical!

Love this fridge. The French Door makes it easy to access the food and drinks, fits everything in so well due to the well laid out shelving including the door shelving and the tubs in the freezer. It's stylish, easy to clean but very easy to keep everything organised and see what you've got. Perfect fridge for my family!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

It is a perfect fridge for my growing family

This is the perfect fridge for my family, everything fits well and there is room for everything, the shelves are glass and very attractive, easy to use and clean, I was deciding between two doors and this french door and I am really glad that I made this decision. The food is easy to see and it is room for everything.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Good fridge

We had no problems to date. Functions as described. Ample soace inside. Seperate compartments for storage makes easy access.
Easy to open and close and has an alarm when doors are accidently opened.
One disadvantage is the weight of the fridge. Its pretty difficult to move around. But expected with a large fridge.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great fridge

Very quiet and an amazing looking. Keep the temperature very well, the freezer is a good size too. Well built, light, with plenty of space for a couple and enough room for a small family too.
Well. My family all love the spaxes it provides and the good division of all the foods that you out. We strongly give it a good thumbs up.
Also love the fact I can have lots of my protein stocked up in the freeze. And it is very energy efficient too. Love it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Perfect fridge

Since owning this fisher &paykel fridge, it’s been so much more easier for us as a family of 3 to have a better storage system in our fridge. There is heaps of room and easier to organise lots of vegetables with the big storage boxes at the bottom of the fridge. The freezer is also great and the ice blocks just fill up automatically when they are low. The storage on the doors of the fridge are plentiful also.

So excited

I only just brought this. Im going on to about week 2. I am loving every aspect of this fridge. Looks stylish, esy to use, food is kept at an exact temperature. There is PLENTY of room for the food for us 4. I would have prefered the fridge to be rounded at the corners a litlle. Stubbed my toe on the end! But OHH MYYY... I loveeeee my new fridge!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Looks great but the ice tray takes up a lot of room

Looked around for months to find a nice double door fridge but with also freezer which could also hold loads of food this was the one we picked but the ice tray takes up a lot of space so we sometimes remove it to free up extra space. The default settings seem to be set just right too.

Excellent fridge

Seems to maintain a very consistent temperature inside the fridge, including the door where I keep my milk and it seems to stay fresh much longer than my last fridge. The layout of the fridge and freezer is great and versatile with how you can set up the compartments. We opted not to get the model with the ice or water dispenser as it just adds more filters to clean and replace and takes up space in the fridge itself.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Good Fridge

Nice temperature management, Good quality cold. ICe doesnt form. Quite but keeps me a little up at night.HARd to clean though.

Focus on being factual and objective. Don't use aggressive language and don't post personal details.

Does it maintain a good temperature in all compartments?
Is it quiet or loud?
How easy is it to clean?

Date PurchasedJan 2018

New fridge fabulous

Very smart and quiet fridge. Plenty of space and looks great.
Highly recommend for those looking for a new fridge with new ice dispenser or water dispenser.
Good price too with warranty.
Made out kitchen look sleeker. The shelves are very easy to adjust adjust and clean and cant be happier.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Can't live with out it

It is is quite and easy to clean and always keeps food at perfect temperature
I believe that it would be extremely hard to try and live without a fridge and freezer because how else would we be able to store food alot of food would get wasted if we didn't have a fridge or freezer

Date PurchasedMar 2000

Good quality fridge

Have been using it for many years and it has never malfunctioned, always worked perfectly and kept the food fresh. The design is practical and stylish and it fits in the kitchen perfectly, there is a lot of storage space. The fridge is quiet and gives out a 'beep' sound if the door is left open for too long which is a nifty little function that I find quite useful. There's a lot of sections for different groceries and it is very good value for its price.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

The actual water filter itself is leaking. Not the dispenser. Have replaced the filter with a new filter. Have the filter upright. Have run litres of water through the filter. It continues to leak.

The ice maker on our F&P RF610ADUX is faulty. It appears to be letting water into it making the ice form into a big clump on top of the ice cubes. I've noticed that 2 parts had fallen out, a foam piece and a plastic retainer, which is something to do with retaining a blue wire which is now hanging down behind the ice maker. How do I find out where this retainer goes on the ice maker assembly, and is the plastic retainer available new, as I think it's retaining tabs are broken-they look shorter than in the parts drawing. Also how do I get the freezer drawer out to gain access to the ice maker assembly? Thanks in advance.
black object (icemaker temperature sensor) on end of blue wire clips into base of ice cube tray, covered by foam block, and clipped by plastic thing to hold it all in place. Bloody hard to do if you don't know how to remove the door etc. Call an f&p tech and watch how he does it.Thanks I already did 3 weeks ago but thanks for your answer. He fixed the ice maker and now the freezer drawer doesn’t open and close properly. I rang F&P back and they said they can’t book the tech in to return as “they are booked up for the foreseeable future and their calendar system won’t allow them to book past then”...

Re model 610ADX5 - is it frost free and does it use an inverter?
It is frost free, and most likely has an inverter ( a separate black box next to the compressor)We ended up buying it and so far so good - seems like a good appliance.

ActiveSmart RF610ADUSX5 (Stainless Steel, Water & Ice)ActiveSmart RF610ADX5 (Stainless Steel)ActiveSmart RF610ADUX5 (Stainless Steel, Water & Ice)ActiveSmart RF610ADW5 (White)ActiveSmart RF610ADJX5 (Stainless Steel,Ice)ActiveSmart RF610ADUB5 (Stainless Steel, Water & Ice)ActiveSmart RF610ADUQSX4 (Stainless Steel, Water & Ice, Eco)ActiveSmart RF610ADUSX4 (Stainless Steel, Water & Ice)ActiveSmart RF610ADUX (Stainless Steel, Water & Ice)ActiveSmart RF610ADW4 (White)ActiveSmart RF610ADX4 (Stainless Steel)ActiveSmart RF610ADUM (Stainless Steel, Water & Ice)
Capacity614L614L614L614L614L614L614L614L614L614L614L614L
Energy Rating3.5Stars3.5Stars3.5Stars2Stars2Stars2Stars3Stars2Stars2Stars2Stars2Stars2Stars
Price (RRP) $2999$3299$3299$3599$3599$2549$2799
Fridge Capacity443L443L443L443L443L443L443L443L443L443L443L443L
Freezer Capacity181L181L181L181L181L181L181L181L181L181L181L181L
Width900mm900mm900mm900mm900mm900mm900mm900mm900mm900mm900mm900mm
Height1790mm1790mm1790mm1790mm1790mm1790mm1790mm1790mm1790mm1790mm1790mm1790mm
Depth695mm695mm695mm695mm695mm695mm695mm695mm695mm695mm695mm695mm
Release dateMar 2007Mar 2007Mar 2007Mar 2007Mar 2007Mar 2007
Replaced byFisher & Paykel ActiveSmart RF610ADUSX5 (Stainless Steel, Water & Ice)Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart RF610ADUSX4 (Stainless Steel, Water & Ice)Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart RF610ADW5 (White)Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart RF610ADX5 (Stainless Steel)

Visit official website - Download manual