Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 614L French Door (RF610 Series)

Fisher & Paykel ActiveSmart 614L French Door (RF610 Series)

RF610ADUX (Stainless Steel), RF610ADUSX5 (Stainless Steel), RF610ADX5 (Stainless Steel), etc...

I wish I had not bought this fridge

I am so disappointed about the light weight s/s finish. It has dented after 3-4 months . Compared to previous s/s European brand owned for 16 years - the finish is so light weight. Also within it the plastic that forms the seal for the vege drawers is also really light weight and I can't see this lasting long. Not helped by the fact that when I went back to Harvey Norman, the sales person said to me, Oh I never recommend F&P, I always tell people to buy European..... unfortunately I got that message a little too late.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $3,500.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

AP

APPerth, WA

Great fridge

This is a really good fridge/freezer. It is quite solidly made, with the drawers being on metal runners. It is very quiet and efficient. The water filter and water line was pretty easy to install. It keeps our food very fresh. Particularly good for keeping vegies crisp in the vegie drawer.

Overall, no problems. Love the automatic ice-maker.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)
sooz

soozPerth, WA

Great fridge but....

Purchased in March 2018 at Winning Appliances for $2,800.00.

Ruchi

RuchiSydney, NSW

Had to get it serviced 11 times in 8 years

Purchased in April 2011.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)

Abdul F.

Abdul F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good solid fridge

6 months since purchase. Couldn't be happier. Had a single door f&p before. Inside is basic and does the job. Door handles very good unlike the hollow ones on others

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,750.00.

Jonathan

JonathanSydney, NSW

BIg fridge with almost nothing inside

This is OK for a large volume fridge, but it has practically nothing inside. The main storage area in the freezer is a large bin (with 2 small drawers above that), so you'll be digging through the large bin looking for frozen food. Very cheap and messy solution. The fridge also has very little inside - not even egg trays. For a $2,000 fridge surely F&P could have afforded to include fitted egg trays? I paid a premium for the F&P brand over other fridges, but definitely got less.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,999.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Frank

FrankPerth, WA

Reliable and the most quiet fridge

The F&P fridge has a very smart temperature stabilizing system, and it's almost not there at all., so very quiet.
The shelves are adjustable and very practical to suit all types of users.
It has NON-squeaky doors and are easy to open and close and they don't close with a bang like others.
power usage is great too. easy to clean and access inside of the tray compartments. true value for money.

Date PurchasedOct 2003

JDP

JDP

Good product just not for me

Fridge is nicely made, looks good and has good shelving space. I would prefer a product with one door rather than two just for opening space. Freezer is a good side and drawers slide out nicely. Just can't see what's in the drawers when they're closed

Purchased in September 2017.

UsandMe

UsandMeToowoomba

Great Fridge

All in all this is a great fridge, spacious, well thought through, even temperature and I think is a very stylish design. The fridge is relatively quiet, and we have owned this for 3 years with no problems.
The water filler is great, as it does not take up any fridge space unlike most other fridge designs. The ice maker and scoop is also a really well designed and reliable functioning feature.
The only negative is the drawer runners, which seem to get stiff and seize up before fully extending. Apart from this minor issue its a great fridge

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Amit

AmitSydney

Excellent french door fridge

Date PurchasedApr 2018

benny

bennyRYDE

Good fridge, lots of useful space

Purchased this fridge back in 2017 when F&P had 300 cashback offer. Didn't get it installed till may 2017 when we moved into newly built home. Compared to our old fridge which was same size in liters, it has far more useful space available. The ice generates quickly, we use stacks of ice, and spends a lot of time on the fastest setting. The water dispenser is good, need to careful it doesn't leak on the floor. Only issue we are having with it is the freezer draw, one side gets stuck sometimes. Issue with the rail coming off its fixed point.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Natalie

NatalieSydney

Generally a Great fridge

Wanted a larger fridges and although the fridge space is large enough for us, the freezer is quite small especially as the ice bucket takes up a little bit of the space.
We had purchased an integration kit with it that is made specifically for it, this was quite disappointing as it was very hard to install and doesn’t function smoothly with the fridge.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

David

DavidSydney

Fridge # 2 & still faulty

Date PurchasedJan 2018

lulu65

lulu65AU

Great features but don't expect it to last forever

Purchased as a factory second in October 2008.

Functions really well and has plenty of space for everything. Easy to clean. No problems as such but now in early 2018 stopped making ice with error code F24 and constant beeping.

I've just paid $253 to fix, not replace, a broken wire, which apparently very common with this fridge. Note - we only connected to water 6 years ago.

The technician says the motor is noisy and if anything breaks down not to fix it as it will cost too much. They're not made to last and I'm lucky, apparently, that it's lasted for 10 years.

** I still have my 29 year old Hoover/Admiral fridge which has never skipped a beat!

Date PurchasedNov 2008
Kerrie T

Kerrie TTeneriffe

Stylish yet practical!

Love this fridge. The French Door makes it easy to access the food and drinks, fits everything in so well due to the well laid out shelving including the door shelving and the tubs in the freezer. It's stylish, easy to clean but very easy to keep everything organised and see what you've got. Perfect fridge for my family!

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Sue

SueSydney

It is a perfect fridge for my growing family

This is the perfect fridge for my family, everything fits well and there is room for everything, the shelves are glass and very attractive, easy to use and clean, I was deciding between two doors and this french door and I am really glad that I made this decision. The food is easy to see and it is room for everything.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Dhana

DhanaMelbourne

Good fridge

We had no problems to date. Functions as described. Ample soace inside. Seperate compartments for storage makes easy access.
Easy to open and close and has an alarm when doors are accidently opened.
One disadvantage is the weight of the fridge. Its pretty difficult to move around. But expected with a large fridge.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Moony!

Moony!Brisbane

Great fridge

Very quiet and an amazing looking. Keep the temperature very well, the freezer is a good size too. Well built, light, with plenty of space for a couple and enough room for a small family too.
Well. My family all love the spaxes it provides and the good division of all the foods that you out. We strongly give it a good thumbs up.
Also love the fact I can have lots of my protein stocked up in the freeze. And it is very energy efficient too. Love it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Ally

AllyBribie Island

Perfect fridge

Since owning this fisher &paykel fridge, it’s been so much more easier for us as a family of 3 to have a better storage system in our fridge. There is heaps of room and easier to organise lots of vegetables with the big storage boxes at the bottom of the fridge. The freezer is also great and the ice blocks just fill up automatically when they are low. The storage on the doors of the fridge are plentiful also.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Bub

BubUlludulla

So excited

I only just brought this. Im going on to about week 2. I am loving every aspect of this fridge. Looks stylish, esy to use, food is kept at an exact temperature. There is PLENTY of room for the food for us 4. I would have prefered the fridge to be rounded at the corners a litlle. Stubbed my toe on the end! But OHH MYYY... I loveeeee my new fridge!

Date PurchasedSep 2018