Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg) Questions & Answers

MPNs: 35904826 and WA1068G1
Listing monitored by Fisher & Paykel

99 questions from our users

Ian D
Ian Dasked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

I have this machine. It continually goes out of balance. I have tried everything I can find on the net. The first thing I did was buy new suspension rods and fit them. Seemed to work ok for a few days, then out of balance again every second or third load. I've made sure the machine is completely level using a level. I've run the initial installation procedure / program on the machine. Nothing works. Is there anything else I can try??

The funny thing is it can say out of balance, I can then remove everything from the machine so it's completely empty, then hit go again, and it still says out of balance. Often I have to unplug it from the wall, leave it 30 mins then plug it back in and sometimes it will suddenly work and spin the clothes perfectly. That happens without touching anything inside the machine. So the load was obviously never really "out of balance". Is there anything else I can try. I like the machine otherwise, but this "out of balance" issues is slowly making it unusable.

Edit - I've just check my email and it turns out I bought the new suspension rods at the end of July. The machine worked well for a month, before now going out of balance again all the time. This out of balance started again in early September. Surely it can't be that the new suspension rods only lasted a month?

'Jackie
'Jackie

Sorry I cannot help with this problem, I have been lucky enough not to experience this.
I suggest you contact Fisher & Paykel and have their technician help you.
Good luck.

Monica jones
Monica jones

Hi Don, we can move the load in ours three or four times and still it beeps. We have set the level a number of times. Monica I will do what Jackie suggests and contact Fisher Paykel

CAS
CASasked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

If I hand wash in a tub, is there a way to select 'spin only' with this washer?

Anthony G.asked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

should i have water in the plastic bottom part of my bowl, the part that is connected to the stainless part? could this be causing an imbalance error?

Toni W.
Toni W.asked

How to repair Sud Loc?

Too much detergent

“Sud LOC” (suds lock – I have too many suds)
• The machine has a suds build-up (too much detergent may have been used for the amount of soil in the load).
• Wait for suds to dissolve (about 20 minutes).
• Restart the cycle from the start (do not add more detergent).
• Ensure that you are using a Top Loader type detergent.

Stephen M.
Stephen M.asked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

my machine fills when set for 50 min wash, it fills then goes to 28 mins and empties without washing?

Chris C.
Chris C.asked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

Every time I do a wash fault comes up suds loc even when I’ve done it without soap powder

Jason V.

FP says to wash hot or warm at least every 5th load to prevent build up of detergent

Anita M.
Anita M.asked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

I keep getting sud loc error and cannot finish a cycle. Any ideas ?

Too much detergent

“Sud LOC” (suds lock – I have too many suds)
• Wait for suds to dissolve (about 20 minutes).
• Restart the cycle from the start (do not add more detergent).
• Ensure that you are using a Top Loader type detergent.

Tony D.asked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

Purchase machine March2018 it has been going out on balance last couple of weeks. Did all the usual things made sure load was balanced, re- levelled machine, inspected balance tension rods they all seem to have equal amount of spring tension . Is this how you determine if rods are U/S? Apart from that do I just bite the bullet and get a new set of rods. They are easy to remove so maybe that is the way to go as it seems to be a common problem with this model. Much to my disappointment. I think they’ve lost another customer as also had a dishwasher that they couldn’t diagnose problem.

Online shopper
Online shopper

Haven't had a problem with my machine getting out of balance, but you certainly seem to know more about it on the technical side than I do. As a female, I'd be looking in the manual & the FAQ to see if I could find out how to fix it. Otherwise it's the machine repair man. Good Luck.

Tony D.

Thanks apparently the suspension rods are very common failure. Problem is stock is very short even F & P are out of stock

Konsuma

@Tony D. My went and were repaired under warranty and the new ones are now shot.

Ivkaasked

Hi
We’ve only had this machine for over 2 years and of course now that’s it’s out of warranty there is a fault. I’ve called F&P customer support 3 times (they have no idea what the error codes mean and can’t find anything online)- now waiting for an expert to return my call.
Hence has anyone come across this issue?
1) Regardless of what cycle you use the machine operates for a few mins
2) it then switches itself off
*3) the error code PuR directly followed by CuE flashes
4) the machine turns back on to the original cycle selected
5) Then 1 to 4 repeats again
I don’t want to pay for a technician and possibly additional parts and labour to come out if it is it going to be an excessive cost so trying to weigh up if I should just buy a new machine ☹️
I’ve already tried to reset it and switched it off at the power point

Konsuma

Is there a local repairman you can call? They may have seen the problem before and give you idea of cost to repair.

Ivka

Looks like it may be a rare error so May have to look at other options

Gillian D.
Gillian D.

I have the same - @ivka where you able to resolve the Pur Cue?

Peter H.
Peter H.asked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

Where can I get the shock absorber rods for this model from and how much are they, my machine continuously goes off balance

geoff
geoff

Disappointed-- not that old and going out of balance on spin, even on light load. Have removed suspension rods, all equally have about 6mm [1/4"] free play. only a single loose spring in one corner at top. Question- are rods ok at this freeplay? question is a lazy top corner spring a likely cause?

Peter H.
Peter H.asked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

Why does my 10kg fisher and paykal wash smart washing machine now always go off balance?

Wendy C.asked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

How can I access to the suspensions to change them ?

kaiak
kaiak

remove the screw at back around control panel.
Then remove the top control panel.
lift and push the top cover toward front. it should be removed.
You may need disconnect some cable.
Then you can see the rods.

Wendy C.

Thank you for sharing with me !! From Tahiti !
Thanks a lot !

carol g
carol gasked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

why does it my "washsmart"10kg fill when first started but immediately drains and refills before going into the wash cycle. such a waste of water and getting huge water bills..

Sammie
Sammie

Sounds like a fault Carol. I would check under warranty. I find it refills if I change something mid wash

maxwell99
maxwell99

Sorry Carol mine never did this. I have given up on my machine as it kept having issues. I hate throwing things out but it kept costing me time (having to go to the laundromat) and money so I finally gave up and bought a different machine. Good luck.

jonathan
jonathanasked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

How can I make it fill faster..spends most of the time just sprinkling water in..thanks

Monty1089
Monty1089

Sorry i can't help but i did notice this when watching Youtube videos of people showing their F&P top loaders washing. The water just sprinkles out. It seems to take ages to fill all the way up. When you compare this to a Speed Queen top loader it's like someone turned the tap on and the water is gushing out. Go on Youtube and see Speed Queen top loader videos people have posted. This is one of the reasons i am hesitating on buying a F&P top loader especially if it spends most of the cycle time just filling up the tub.

Anthony G.

check where u connect the hoses to the machine there should be little pull out filters in the inlets to the machine! they could be blocked??

Susie P
Susie Pasked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

The electronic board is malfunctioning. The cycle is not completing the spin and the lid says it is locked but is not. Can anyone please advise?

JKryx E.
JKryx E.asked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

My necklace stuck in the machine i put that necklace on my pocket and forget to take it out before i started my laundry is there any possible way to get that necklace

Ross M
Ross M

Not sure if you know how to remove the centre piece but it has a big plastic wing nut at the bottom inside the centre piece.
Turn anti-clockwise to remove the middle bit

Stars N.
Stars N.asked

WASHSMART WA1068G1 (10KG)
Hi I have bought suspension rods to change them myself but I can not find any instructions except for the Aquasmart.
I get the lid off and then the cover of different so I have no idea how to remove it so I can access the suspension rods.
If anyone knows of any instructions can you please help me out. Thanks you alot

Bec D.
Bec D.

We’re you able to get the lid off? I am also trying to and can also only find info for the aqua smart.

adam.ext
adam.ext

There is 4 screws at the back of the machine, 2 with washers and 2 without. Remove these and pull lightly up on the back and slide forward about 10mm, this should release the clips at the front now gently flip the whole thing back. Complete access to the tub and suspension rods is now yours.

Stars N.
Stars N.asked

WASHSMART WA1068G1 (10KG)
If anyone knows of any instructions can you please help me out. I thank you alot

Emma F.
Emma F.asked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

Is there a lint filter or drain pump we can clean out on this model? Our clothes come out with grey streaks of lint all over tgem

Matty C.

No they have an automatic lint disposal system but you can buy a proper lint filter for them. https://www.fisherpaykel.com/nz/laundry/washing-machines/accessories/lint-filter-suits-most-topload-washers.426451P.html

kentasked
WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

Hi, I have this washing machine, it starts to wash at 50 minutes for a few minutes then drops to 29 minutes then does it's thing for a bit then drops to 11 minutes and finishes the cycle

Model: WA 1068 G1
Serial Number: ELG 585781
Product MKT93207-A AA
450W 10KG IPX4

Matty C.

Mine does this too, it's perfectly normal, the smartdrive brain is deciding after it scences the load that it doesn't need to wash for 50 minutes to get your clothes clean

Thanks Matty,

Unfortunately not that simple, doesn't rinse the clothes or wash them. Just fuddles about for a few minutes and drops to the next time, as in, 50 minutes for a few minutes, then drops to 29 minutes for a few minutes and then drops to 11 minutes and does the last stretch for the 11 minutes.

I've had the washing machine for four years, this is new and doesn't wash, rinse or clean the clothes. I'm hoping just a sensor somewhere and not the controller board.

See all Fisher & Paykel Series 5 Top Loader Washing Machines questions

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WA1068G1 (10kg)

Other Top Loading Washing Machines