Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8060P1 (8.0kg)

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8060P1 (8.0kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

Would’t Buy Again

We’ve had this machine 3.5years and it’s had to be fixed 3 times, twice under warranty & once not. And now deciding if to have it repaired a forth time or throw it out for something new. Their service & advice on the errors that have come up has been poor and on the most recent episode we’ve had no response at all. works okay when it’s working but overall a disappointing purchase. Would not recommend!

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Simon

SimonPerth

Great and reliable washing machine

I bought this washing machine in mid 2016 and overall has been very satisfied with it. I didn't want to get a Samsung at that time and wanted to give F&P a try and it turned out to be a very good product and it was cheaper than Samsung. Though i am not sure if it has smart features to measure how much water I need for my clothes, so far it has done its job of getting everything cleaned and doesn't wear-out my clothes. I also like the variety of function it has to offer though i mostly stick to "everyday" mode. I strongly recommend any electrical appliances products coming from F&P and I personally also own an F&P fridge.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
mjsmail

mjsmailSydney, NSW

Happy with it

This machine works well. Easy to use, and the clothes come out clean. The main issue is that the 'time remaining' indicator can be off by quite a lot, especially if you have a large mixed load and the machine is having trouble getting balanced before the final spin cycle. Used to have a F&P top loader - the front loader is MUCH better. No more white marks on clothes, and it's much more gentle. Would never go back to a top loader.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8060P1 (8.0kg) compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

astraveb777

astraveb777Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

16 Month Review

We have now had this machine for over 12 months and in that time i have had only experienced one load of washing unbalance.
It washes perfectly no matter what cycle it is on, we programme it to start at a certain time and it has not let us down yet. Have washed doonas,quilts and blankets and it handles all of these bulky items easily. Very quiet, does not dance around the laundry like our previous machine.Thank you Fisher & Paykel for a great machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Mikayla

MikaylaSouth Australia

Amazing front loader!

Love love love! So easy & simple for your clothes to be washed. It's actually funny because I enjoy washing now and that's oddly weird for me since I'm young. I love how it looks modern as well. I think that this totally worth it to buy. I think that the prices are affordable.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Liz

LizGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not happy!

I end up having to manually remove fluff off the black clothes. Really disappointed. Had a fischer & paykel top loader before for a long time and was very satisfied. Quality has definitely changed. Also had problem from the start and tried to send me a technician which I refused. Was then given a new machine.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
AnneT

AnneT

Don't buy one in WA. Takes 2 months and still not fixed.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Stefana Kay

Stefana KayMelbourne

Was told it's a great machine but it's not

Steev

Steev

Issue one year after purchase.

This washing washing has been fantastic until 5 days ago when it began bouncing around my laundry with a god awful banging sound. The drum inside dented the outside cover and the rubber seal was warped and twisted. I contacted F&P that day via Facebook messenger, including photos off the damage. It's now 5 days later and I have a new washing machine in my laundry which was replaced and delivered by F&P today. Great work guys and excellent customer service.. Thank you!

Dave V

Dave VHILLARYS

Very Happy

Great machine we have installed it upstairs on a wooden floor and very quiet even directly below on the ground floor. The spin cycle speed is excellent. Only five months old but very happy. Also purchased the matching dryer - haven't used it much but very quiet when we did.

I dislike my washing machine

I had a top loader Fisher and Paykel washing machine, it was fantastic. I moved to a house that could only fit a front loader so I bought a Fisher and Paykel thinking it would be good. I am so disappointed, my towels are like cardboard, my back is sore, and I now have to rewash my white sheets as they have muddy looking spots on them! I also am sure the time to wash is incorrect. When I can afford it, I will be replacing this washing machine.

It tangles shirts, otherwise good

Super quiet and cleans really well, but unlike my previous front loader, it constantly tangles up the sleeves on my shirts making them much harder to iron.
On the plus side, it's easy to use and so quiet that I can't even tell it's running half the time.

My favourite feature though is the "add a garment" feature. I have used his many times after starting the wash and realising I had missed a sock or something.

Gaz

GazGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far - so good!

New F&P washer does a terrific job of washing the clothes. We chose it because it can run with both hot & cold water. It's super quiet, has a broad range of programs including a 'fast wash' cycle (30 mins) that we mostly use. The digital time display is a useful feature. It uses only 68 litres of water compared to our old top loader which used 170 litres so that's a bonus, as we're on tank water. It's only our 3rd washing machine in 44 years so we'll see how it goes.............. I'd be very happy to recommend it to others.

BM Dewhirst

BM DewhirstAU

Wrecked my soft towels.

The Front loader washes very clean, BUT it has wrecked my soft, plush Sheridan Towels. The Towels immediately changed into tiny separated rows of stiff pile that has not responded to any effort to restore them to their previous plush pile as they were when washed in our top loader. I do not have a clothes dryer, and don't use Softener. I sought advice from both Sheridan and Harvey Norman without success.

Deb

Deb

this machine restored my faith in F&P

After putting up with a now discontinued F&P top loader that twisted & damaged clothes and I absolutely hated, F&P swapped to this front loader under warranty (my first front loader, so I was nervous) and I love it!!
It cleans well, is super quiet, has a heap of wash options, you can add clothes after its started, I am REALLY HAPPY - thank you F&P for restoring my faith in you
Totally recommend this one

Perfect washing machine

Love the machine - whisper quiet and perfect results. Even washed my dog's stinky coats on the allergy cycle every hair was gone and so was the smell - the last machine didn't succeed on the hair or the smell - perfect machine!!!
Love the fact I can add washing mid cycle and the choice of cycles covers everything. Well done F&P - I love this product enough to write my first review.

Front loader converter

Flawless machine

Having used a top loader all my life ,i was quite reluctant to switch to front loader but I'm so glad i did. The machine is extraordinary quite and the automatic washing cycles are really intuitive. Highly recommend it especially if you have young children at home

I don't think any machine can be better than this one

Very good

I have just recently moved out into my own first house and bought a new washing machine. I am Very happy with the machine. I'm so happy with it , that I also bought the same washing machine for my mum and dad for Christmas this year. This is by far my favourite brand.

Wonderful to be proven correct

When my last washing machine broke I turned to this website, and others, to research a new machine. I found nothing but good reviews for The Fisher & Paykel front loader, so i went out and bought it. 9 months on, and I had to add to the list of wonderful reviews for this machine. It's quite, it spins out the water really well with its 1400 rpm spin cycle, it fits whole blankets and doonas and cleans them well. Most of all it cleans my husbands industrial dirty work clothes extremely well. I would recommend this machine to anyone.

See all Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader 1st Gen reviews