Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

VERY noisy in spin cycle

In the last months, the spin cycle has become very loud and has a gritty sound. it's on a solid flat surface and this occurs even with just a few items or full load. I'm no professional but it sounds like bearings have gone. the barrel is sort of loosish too. we got the matching mid-2016 so its just over 4 years old for a family of 4 so I'm a bit surprised at this - can anyone suggest anything, has anyone experienced these symptoms before?

Purchased in July 2016 at The Good Guys for A$850.00.

cindy B.

cindy B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

not working

door stays locked washing inside no matter what cycle you use it comes up with error 37 and the drum on spin cycle is out of balance.cannot access to get clothes out and machine is under warrenty but still waiting for a repairer to come out.paying the extra for 5 years was worth it as i got it in 2016 and its only 3 years old.

Purchased in February 2016 at The Good Guys.

Mandie

Mandie

Not so great-would never by this brand again

Purchased in August 2015 at The Good Guys Physical store for A$925.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Fisher & Paykel WashSmart WH8560P1 (8.5kg) compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

CarlyRae

CarlyRaeNew South Wales

My clothes are ruined. I'd give it a zero if I could!

Purchased in February 2016.

Ss B

Ss BMelbourne

Great for small family

Very satisfied with the product and great package for small family
Also very great if you want to wash your blankets/heavy loads.
Highly recommended and appreciated.
Little bit disappointed when put woolen cloths like sweaters, cardigans, jackets. Cause it not really squeeshing the water out from those type of clothes.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Briony

BrionyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best machine I’ve owned

I’ve had mine almost 4 years and it’s never missed a beat. It washes everything, even large bulky items brilliantly. It’s so quiet, you don’t even notice it’s running! The quick cycles are great if you’re in a hurry or have a smaller load. Everything comes out beautifully clean even on the quick cycles. Clothes dry really quickly thanks to the great spin cycle.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
DrGrun

DrGrunSydney

Terrible Do Not Buy

This is supposed to be a large machine. It will not even wash one queen size sheet and a couple of pillowcases. Or 2 bath towels and one bathmat and a hand towel in one load.It forever beeps saying it is too full when it is not. It is a nightmare. It washes clothes on auto with the water not even covering the clothes which will shred them. I want to return this machine. It is 1 week old. A disgrace.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Louise

Louisensw

Aewsome

This thing has been given an absolute flogging since we bought it 3 years ago. It does 3 full loads a day every day as we have a king bed, queen bed and double bed, plus family members who play soccer and matial arts as well as tradesmen clothes. The place is like a professional laundry. Cleans well, has lots of options for loads, water levels and clothing types. Gentle wash is very good for fragile fabrics. Runs very quietly. Definitely would recommend it.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Nagel

NagelAU

Best washing machine Ive owned

This is a great machine. Its quiet, easy to use, got heaps of different programs for all your needs. It also has a hot water inlet incase you got free hot water from solar or something. If not you can just have the machine heat up the water as we do. Take your time when you set it up and make sure its lever otherwise it might walk away from you during spinning cycle.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Rob

RobSydney

Avoid!

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Washed well and quietly, until the bearings disintegrated

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Tom1966

Tom1966Sydney, NSW

Quiet & Cleans Well

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
ap74

ap74AU

Finally an excellent washing machine.

Had years of hassle with various Whirlpool models, so I was nervous about yet another new washing machine. It's been almost two years and this one hasn't been the slightest problem, does what it needs to do, and keeps up with our very large household and daily washing. I like the options available, makes it easy to make sure each load is handled exactly how it needs to be. No noticeable wear on the clothes, nice and quiet, and overall a really reliable and quality item. It's nice to get what you pay for sometimes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Macca

MaccaMelbourne

Best machine I've owned

This is by far the best washing machine I've owned.
It does a terrific job washing, be it clothes, towels, linen.
The running noise of this machine is very quiet - ours is perfectly balanced so even on the fastest spin dry it is fairly quiet.
Very easy to use menu on the front panel and the child lock is an absolute must for us

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Ceejay

CeejayTamworth

3 parts replaced not even 2 years old!!

Do not buy this washing machine!!! I have owned ours for not even 2 years and it has had the water pump replaced, suspension replaced and now a part in the motor replaced!!! Local repairer said they are made with cheap Chinese parts and does not recommend them!!! Stay away!! Fisher Paykel customer relations are totally useless. Couldn't care less!

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Dannie17

Dannie17Casterton

Amazing washing machine

It cleans my clothes better than any other washer I've bought before. It's very quiet.
I love how easy it is to use.
It's easy to clean and wipe out.
It looks great and is really economical to use.
I would recommend this washer to anyone, in fact my mum bought the same one when I said how happy I am with mine.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
worried

worriedMelbourne

Great Product, Very little noise and good results.

It cleans really well to my standard and it's really quiet during the wash but get a little noisy during the rinsing cycle. I can even wash my big king size duvets in it. I also wash my wool duvets in it too. I have it for 2 years now and no problem so far. Very happy about the purchase.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Ms B

Ms BAdelaide, SA

Semi Happy Customer. Willing to endure, and hopeful of a positive outcome.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Disappointed, to say the least.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Very Unhappy.

Washing machine only 2 yrs olds and just out of warranty when e709 error came on machine. Contacted Fisher and Paykel and they were clueless, told me to ring a service tech. Going to cost over $400 to fix. Washing machine should last longer than 2 yrs especially with how expensive they are. Don't just go by peoples reviews who have only had their machines for 6mths etc. Do your homework, I don't want others in our position!

Date PurchasedAug 2014