1.7 from 1,920 reviews

• Trip Completed Yes (132) · No (338)
  • Ease of Booking

Brett M.

Brett M.South East Queensland, QLD

$300 fee for a domestic booking cancelled by the tour operator

Like all other traveller who had their booking cancelled, I am also being charged a $300 fee. Since it is a domestic booking how they can charge an international cancellation fee is anyone’s guess. But they will. When questioned about it, the agent I dealt with says it is because she has already been paid her commission for the sale so the wholesaler won’t refund me that portion of my fare. They don’t even have the decency to try and hide their unscrupulous conduct.

This was the first time in about 15 years that I have used FC as they have always been fairly poor service and over priced. But this booking unfortunately couldn’t be done directly through the tour company.

refund

Booked return flight to UK Of course cannot fly.Flight Center stated my ticket non refundable.Airline stated to me I could get refund less $60 admin.If Flight Center dare to with-hold/deny my legitimate refund(of course they may take the ridiculous and immoral $300 fee)I shall have no hesitation in seeking legal advice.

Store LocationGeelong West.Victoria.
MIKE

Millions out of work but Flight Centre still profiting from pandemic

Booked our first ever trip to Bali for August this year, had to be cancelled for obvious reasons. Last week flight centre told me that it would take a few days for refunds to come back to them from vendors but now say 10-12 weeks even though our accommodation was fully refundable until July 18th.....is flight centre just holding our money at ransom to collect more interest??? Absolutely despicable that $300/person cancellation fee can not be waived at a time like this or at the very LEAST be reduced to a cancellation fee per booking. Would never use flight centre again and neither will anybody I know!!!

Booking Type Accommodation, Flights, Insurance and Tour

Irena S.

Irena S.Central Queensland, QLD

Flight Centre & CoverMore disgusting

Booking Type Car Hire, Flights and Insurance
Store LocationMackay QLD

Wendy O.South East Queensland, QLD

Only Gave 1 Star Because No Option to give 0 stars

I find it hard to believe that, in these difficult times, there is a company that refuses to pass full refunds on to their clients. I was offered a full refund from P&O but Flight Centre is keeping $300 for themselves, despite the fact that they have been reimbursed by P&O. Yes I'm sure everyone's getting tired of reading this same statement, but I wanted to warn people. DO NOT book through Flight Centre! I'm not attaching invoice as it's paper copy only.

Store LocationFlight Centre, Grand Plaza, Browns Plains, QLD

AnneSydney, NSW

Flightcentre-Immoral business ethics

Flightcentre is taking 12weeks to process cancellation refunds to customers. Given airlines/accomodation suppliers have refunded their deposits to Flightcentre almost immediately, how does Flightcentre explain their lengthy delay of refunds to customers in this era of electronic/digital transactions. On 19th March, Flightcentre received my full airfare payment ($11,000)from Etihad Airlines and I am now expected to wait 12 weeks for Flightcentre to return that payment to me. I find this immoral and very poor business ethics.

Booking Type Accommodation and Flights
Store LocationKellyville NSW

Frankie
Please carefully read my comments! Refund from the supplier was received by Flightcentre on 19th March and has still not been forwarded onto me! That’s the whole point Frankie!!!!

Thieves

Although airlines are providing a full refund, these con artists are skimming $300 per ticket! They've made it very clear that no one should ever use their services after this is all over.

Booking Type Flights, Insurance and Tour
Store LocationRosny Park Tasmania
ITT

ITTGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Flight Centre only responds to positive feedback!

It is interesting to go through this product review trail and see that FC only responds to positive feedback. This attitude makes the situation heated and people angrier. Would you consider to be more transparent, FC??

cats070911

cats070911Bruce 2617, ACT

Pure robbery

We, like a lot of people, had our flight cancelled by the airline and now we find that if we want a refund Flightcentre is going to keep $600. What service did they provide? Not much, we just booked a flight, nothing else. I will never deal with them again. I have told all my friends and they will never deal with them either. Do not forget to tell all your friends about this daylight robbery. As they are the only mob who appear to be doing this, there are plenty of alternatives if you need an agent. Do not use them ever again.

Store Locationon line

VinnyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cruise ship to New Zealand departing Sydney 2nd April 2020

Vinny

Thanks Frankie. I have just responded to your email.

Lakers1222

Lakers1222

My flight was canceled. Airline refunded flight centre. but flight centre keeps my $300 service fee

My flight to US was canceled. I have emailed the airline to confirm that, flight centre has been fully refunded because the flight is no longer available.

Flight centre have NOT given me a full refund. Stating that they are keeping a $300 service fee per ticket because that is the commission and they do not want to refund the commission fee out of colleagues pocket.

Store LocationLeichhardt
James

JamesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

0 Stars. $300 fee for a flight that no longer exists.

whyohwhy

whyohwhy

The worse crooks

The flight centre group has profited from other peoples' misery. Look at their other brand Aunt Betty which is also getting hundreds of 1 star reviews due to their price gouging on cancellation fees when airlines are offering full refund.

Michelle B.

Michelle B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Flight centre have not passed on our refund to us. disgusting

Trip Completed Yes
Booking Type Accommodation, Cruise and Flights
Store LocationKilburn
Dancer

DancerPerth, WA

Refund for flight cancelled by Thai Airways

Made booking in early January with Flight Centre and paid cash. Travel to Bangkok 5th May return 2 June so have tickets. Found out couple of weeks ago Thai Airways cancelled flight because of virus. Went to see flight Centre for my money back. Was told if I wanted my money back I would receive $360 and Flight Centre would get $340. Is this legal after all it was not me who cancelled. Sent email asking them again because my flight was cancelled what my options are. Got a reply im in a queue and they are very busy so have to wait. Think they will get back to me after my booking date. Anybody have any ideas please. Thanks

Store LocationWarwick west Australia

YANKNOZ

YANKNOZSouth East Queensland, QLD

Profit from misery

In July 2019 we paid $2012.00 for flights to Japan with Cathay Pacific. Due to the COVID 19 travel ban, flights were canceled. Cathay Pacific agreed to a full refund, however, when Flight Center informed me of this they advised that there would be a $300.00 per person processing fee! And it would take 12 weeks for the refund to be made! It appears that profit is the primary motive with these people. I will never book with Flight Center again. I hope this helps anyone who is contemplating using Flight Center to reconsider, it is a mistake.

juan Dierckx

juan DierckxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

refund trip to china

we pay in full last year a trip to china ($3280) for may 2020. I ask to be cancel in February. they say we had a penalty of $ 800. After a few conversations the offer to change dates to may 2021, with only 3 days to answer I say ok. Later in early march we desided no longer interested about china at all.
ask for the refund to be told no refund at all., no even with the $800 dollars penalty.
some trip. some itinerary, some everething but different dates .
rip off.
rip off
I just lost $3280.

Booking Type Accommodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour
Store Locationkaringal
Flight Centre C.Flight Centre

We're all in this together - Apart from Flight Centre who are in it for themselves.

Booked nine family members on a short cruise. Nine people on one booking which was cancelled due to Covid 19. Full refund including Flight Centres commission was passed on from P & O to the Flight Centre who promptly passed on a $50 charge per person to us which was a total charge of $450 for one booking. It seems like they will be making money from both cancellations and commissions, an absolute disgrace if you ask me.

Money grabbing

We didn’t even book with flight centre and are getting stung with these fees. I have a contract with Universal Traveller and was told we wouldn’t have to pay anything in fees if cruise cancelled. But now as they have moved to flight centre they are trying to sting us with paying $300 per person which is $3000 for us no way not going to happen this is disgusting. I could live with maybe $100 but $300 is money grabbing in a time when everyone needs their money. Disgusting will never ever use any of them again. This would have been your time to show your compassion and you would have made your business thrive after this not anymore you will go under as no one will use you again.

Flight Centre C.Flight Centre

Flight centre deserve to go bankrupt

Store LocationAirport west

Li W.

Li W.asked

Help!
I am asking for full refund as the flight is cancelled by airline. but get 3 options from aunt betty:

Option 1 Credit SHELL.Option 2 Refund with $250 pp cancellation fee. Option 3 Still Wish To Travel.

I don't want to pay the $500 cancellation fee for two person which is totally unfair as it is not us who cancelled.
what happened if I choose 3 " still wish to travel" . could I get full refund through chargeback from my credit card which was used for booking after the flight departure date?

thanks

SLB

They are not going to give you a full refund. I would accept the charge for now so you get some money back and report them to the ACCC. It is a very simple form to fill out.

Wendy O.

I am in the same position except the cancellation fee is $300. I have filed with the ACCC it took only 5 minutes. You will need the ABN and ACN for flight centre. To save you time, here they are - ABN - 25 003 377 188, ACN 003 377 188. I have also contacted A Current Affair and need more people to do this so they will take some notice.

Marcus

Marcusasked

Will flight centre waive the cancellation fee of $300 to its customers who have to cancel because of the pandemic ?

Greg M.
Greg M.

No they will not Marcus

Rocket R
Rocket R

No, but it is a different story if your airline cancels. Then you need to do a chargeback through your credit card if a refund is not provided in a timely manner. That is a full refund with no fees or charges.

PMasked

Just a quick question is the Flight Centre protected by the equivalent of ATOL/ABTA like some agents are in the UK? If the FC isn't and they have your money in the form of credit/vouchers and they go under then customers will lose money if the company isn't protected.

PM

I've just been informed from the FC that if we ask for a refund we not only get charged $300 pp but also Virgin's cancellation fees pp as well, is this correct? Please see my full post at the top of the page.

Roby
Roby

FC sold tickets from Feb onwards whilst they were aware of Coronavirus situation. As an experienced Travel Agent, they would have known of the potential impacts arising from a Pandemic. Despite this, they sold services which they knew they may NOT be able to deliver. Furthermore, it would have been fair and reasonable if they had explicitly Called Out their cancellation charges/ refund policy prior to accepting payment under a Pandemic scenario (given they would have been aware of some flights cancellation in China and the implications of a potential travel ban). Clearly, their TC were unclear based of feedback on Twitter and Product Review. Is there a breach here?

SLB

I don't think they have the equivalent of ATOL/ABTA in Australia so if we don't get our refunds from Flight Centre and they go under that's money down the drain.

Get an answer from our members and Flight Centre representatives