Flight Centre

• Trip Completed Yes (159) · No (676)
  • Ease of Booking

The worse company ever plus being liars

I have been waiting for a refund for my flight number BJP7QG for the bast month and half stating that Flight centre cannot refund our money unless they get credit. Jet star adviced me that they got the credit already and money should’ve been issued but Flight centre are Liers stating that waiting period is 12 weeks. I recommend for next time for anyone to book directly with Jetstar or Tiger because flight centre are horrible

No notification

Arrived at Sydney airport this morning to check in for my flight to NZ to find out it had been cancelled two weeks ago.
I never had been notified of this occurrence from the flight centre.
Was very upset.

Booking TypeFlights
Caz
Caz

Lovely Lady at Qantas, Sydney Airport managed to get me on an Air New Zealand flight the same day.
Thankyou Qantas

Jordan H.

Jordan H.South East Queensland, QLD

Cancellation of flights

Try and cancel over the phone and no one answers after being on hold for over an hour!
Will give no credit on flights that were spoiled by the mismanagement of the WA governments 3 day lock down. Will NEVER use flight centre again!!

Find out how Flight Centre compares to other Booking Services

absolute crap dont go there

waiting for refund treated like crap for a large sum of money that I've been waiting for over nine months terrible service they couldn't care less about you if they tried

Bianca.C

Bianca.CGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The worst service ever

Cee P.

Cee P.South East Queensland, QLD

Phone "problems" while re-booking using Virgin credit

LtaySydney, NSW

If I could give them 0 stars I would

We booked a holiday with flight centre that was disrupted due to Covid 19. Flight centre requested a voucher for our flights when a refund was an option even though we had asked for a refund. They never admitted to us a refund was an option but our flight company told us when we contacted them. Flight centre will not take any responsibility, they’ve drawn out this process for 5 months, they even sent us an email showing us they had made a mistake and they still won’t give us a refund. We are absolutely disgusted by their service from both their travel agents to their customer relations team.

Robert

Would Give zero stars if i could

Ian

IanNew South Wales

Heartless and misleading

Paul

How long will they be around for?

Flight centre has a controlling interest in BYO Jet. This post concerns BYO Jet.
Credit provided can only be used for expensive tickets (not the more affordable tickets which are available), not for family members, with tickets only able to be booked over the phone during weekday business hours. They refuse to communicate via email, which makes documentation very difficult (hard to prove what has been communicated to you when it is not in writing). Generally underhand conduct consistent with a company not likely to be around for long.

Colleen W

Colleen WGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Flight Centre Altona

Thank you to the team Emma and Hayley for the wonderful caring customer service. Having to make a few changes for disability accessibility where we were staying they made the changes to accommodate our client.
The package holiday was wonderful with all the tourist attractions arranged. Once again thank you for the time you took to arrange a holiday which was enjoyed by my client.

DuncanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A warning to anyone buying flight centre gift cards.

I recently used my Commbank awards points to purchase a flight centre e-gift card only to find out shortly afterwards that e-gift cards are only redeemable in store or over the phone. I then tried to call flight centre to use my gift card but gave up after 1hr and 39mins of waiting on hold.

Duncan

Since posting this review and commenting on Flight Centre’s FB page, they have contacted me to resolve the situation in a timely manner. I’m happy with this outcome.

Flight Centre C.Flight Centre

Great to hear we were able to assist Duncan. Have a good day!

BrianW51

BrianW51SA, 5159

Excellent and professional service

My family and I recently had negative experiences with Virgin Australia. As I had booked through Flight Centre our contact there put in many hours and a huge effort to get my flight sorted during the recent covid issue in Brisbane. My contact there, Trina, was fully supportive and verified our belief that it is worth going through an agent because the airline treated us with contempt in my view. She saved me a lot of stress as it was not possible to penetrate Virgin's electronic wall that they hide behind.

LisaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Promises made and broken with no care

Lisa

Unfortunately I have been contacted by that team. They tell me I have to wait and basically made me feel like I was not only a liar but worth nothing to them
The message I received from your people was suck it up

Katie

KatieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Long wait times on the phone - every time

Every time I call Flight Centre, there is a very long (25 minute or longer) wait time. The annoying recorded message advises to change bookings online, but the only way to redeem a voucher is by phone.

I encountered additional fees due to the airline (Virgin Australia) charging for changes, so the three times I've had to re-schedule due to COVID-19 changes I've had to pay a lot extra per ticket.

Wayne

Wayne

Waiting over 12 months for a refund

I know COVID was not flight centre's fault, however, I cancelled my trip almost 2 weeks before any travel restrictions were came into effect in 2020. Flight Centre have shifted responsibility, shifted focus, ignored emails, displayed ignorance, ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored and ignored. I am out of pocket almost $2,000 and Flight Centre haven't done a thing. I even bought travel insurance just in case, but Flight Centre have said :"sorry! The travel insurance is not applicable!" It is now March 2021. 12 full months since I cancelled my bookings and there has still been no resolution.

Its been 84 years...

Have been waiting for over a year for a refund for cancelled flights. I have been told that they have recieved the funds and are ready to refund, that was 3 months ago and still nothing.

Bea and ReyPerth

Fantastic service

Fantastic service with Tracey Flight center
Gateways Cockburn.
Helped us get all out refunds from our Europe holiday.Even managed to get refund from a flight that said would only give credit.
Was no trouble for her.
Will definitely book with Tracy again.

Flight Centre C.Flight Centre

Thanks for taking the time to provide this fantastic feedback Bea and Rey. I will make sure it gets to Tracey and her leaders.

Thank you.
Tracey deserves to be told that she is doing a wonderful job

Darren

DarrenBrisbane

Profited off of COVID at expense of customers

Review title says it all. This company cannot be trusted. They are unethical thieves, they had the opportunity to earn a positive reputation but instead stole. Hopefully they go bankrupt soon.

Tessa W

Tessa WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very professional.

Excellent service and responses to emails and phone calls. I couldn't ask for better attention from Christine who shows dedication and professionalism in her position. As long as I can travel Flight Centre will be my only choice regarding travel bookings. Tessa W

Flight Centre C.Flight Centre

Thanks for the fantastic feedback Tessa!

PMasked

When you book through the FC do they hold your money or is this passed onto the airline straight away? We booked our flights through the FC we were flying with Virgin Australia. Both companies have been unable to answer our question.

Tcl

Whatever the answer is FC have made billions or multimillions by being an unnecessary third party. Their brand is completely ruined now as they will never come back from the bridges burnt with the Australian Public by not refunding. They are thinking extremely short term and if they want a future they should be fulfilling their end of the bargain by being this third party booking person they made themselves be. Otherwise, no business model. Just don't exist and let people book direct. They will never be trusted again and they have ruined their brand... Anyone who works for them should run, as they will lose their jobs in the next few months based on how the company is handling this. It is a one way trip to bankruptcy.

Tclasked

Why are you not taking a long term view and considering the damage to your reputation? By not refunding you are burning your bridges with the Australian Public? You won't recover from these 1 star reviews. It's a very short sighted approach you are taking to your customers by not refunding in a timely way - which makes me believe you will be bankrupt and/or waiting for a bail out from the government. If you work for them I would be looking for another job as even more redundancies are surely a certainty in the forseeable future (not to mention the abuse you must deal with daily).

ripoffsspreets

ripoffsspreetsasked

Why is Flight Centre not refunding straight away when funds received this is law you are breaking?

PM

Because they are making a load of interest on everyone's money!

Get an answer from our members and Flight Centre representatives