1.6

2,238 reviews
  • Trip Completed Yes (151) · No (605)
  • Ease of Booking

Do not book with these guys!!!

I was emailed saying I would have a refund within 14 days, now that the 14days are up I am told my refund will be made in either 12 weeks or 6 MONTHS!!!!! On top of this the call center hung up on me!!!! This is a disgusting service and hope that NOONE makes my mistake and book with them!

Jayd

JaydSoutheast, SA

Adelaide Flight Centre

Store LocationAdelaide 2019 Travel Expo
Bizzylizzie

BizzylizzieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Flight centre online

They have no clue about their policies, They tell you one thing and someone else tells you another. Called to speak to a supervisor and there was no one in head office for two hours.
If I had to book again I would book in store as they were helpful but if you book a flight/holiday on line or over the phone they cant help in the store with an issue.

Store LocationOnline/over the phone

CELESTE

CELESTE

Extremely unfair refund policy

Haven't gotten a single dollar back from return flights to Melbourne. Payed addition fees to push the flights back to later in the year which was a complete waste of money. Many phone calls later, waiting for over 20 minutes at a time I was able to get some of my flights back on QANTAS credit. However I cannot use it for hotels or anything other than a flight ticket which is useless to me as I live in Queensland. I am out of pocket a large amount and have wasted so much time on phone calls. Would not recommend.

Leanne W.

Thanks again Leanne!

Happy

HappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Flight Centre Helensvale fantastic

My wife, son, daughter in law and myself booked the European trip of a lifetime through Flight Centre Helensvale Qld. Our travel advisor Jayne was incredibly helpful and when the COVID epidemic hit worked tirelessly to arrange refunds from all suppliers with the exception of one. Two packages, one to the Monaco F1 GP and the other the MotoGP at Mugello are in dispute and were booked through another company. This is a PANDEMIC and every other supplier has done the right thing,
I would recommend Flight Centre to anyone.

Booking Type Accommodation, Flights and Tour
Store LocationHelensvale Queensland

Name change mistake charged $300

My husband booked 4 return tickets online. Straight after he booked it he realised auto text had altered our sons first name to his. He emailed them straight away to change. He was contacted the next day by the flight centre not in response to the email but to let us know this had happened. The lady on the phone was extremely rude waisted 50 minutes if my husband's time and then charged $300 to make a first name alteration. I then emailed a complaint about this and I have recieved no reply. Next step is a complaint to consumer protection.

Store LocationWebsite
Sarah
Sarah

Not happy JanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What a joke!

Have been contacting since the end of August to cancel flights & get a refund due to a separation & child's medical problems. Yet again ive contacted to get know where. Asked for more details in regards to getting a credit to be told id be hit with more fees on top! $129 per person rebook plus any ticket difference (paid $100 per person for original booking)... that's 7 people on these current flights!!! That's an extra $908 !!! Plus whatever difference for flight tickets! Your an absolute rip off, no empathy, no care, no communication! Oh & the change of flight time! 6:10 in the morning, i declined this offer & you still booked it as the new flight out time!
For anyone wanting to use flight centre don't do it!!!

GrahamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Over 6 months and no refund. Malaysian airlines not refunded money!!! Avoid this airline !!

Store Locationonline
Graham

Hi Rosie,I look forward to resolving this problem ,flight centre has my bank account details, which flight centre has asked for me to provide on 2 occasions.?.still no money. Graham.

KristyBlue Mountains

Purchased flights in February BUT providing T&Cs from April as why not having to refund :(

Store LocationSydney Travel Expo
Perci

PerciSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst customer service ever.

I have never seen a company treat customers so badly. Six months after our trip was cancelled and we are still waiting for a refund. Shocking how bad they are.

Booking Type Car Hire and Flights
Nelly

NellyCentral, SA

Lack of responsibilty and customer focus

Trip Completed Yes
Booking Type Accommodation, Flights and Tour
Store LocationFlight Centre, Marion Shopping Centre
Kathy C

Kathy CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Full Refund Received with Good Service in Difficult Times

I had paid for flights to Europe and back in April quizzed Flight Centre about whether they held the funds or whether they would have already been paid to the airline. They told me back then that the money, less Flight Centre’s fee would have been paid to the airline to secure the seats at the time of booking. I believed them.
I did not cancel our flights until late June and was warned that it could take up to 16 weeks to receive the refund. True to their word, I received the refund, in full, last week.
I found Flight Centre staff exceptionally friendly, helpful and honest throughout and will definitely use them again when it is safe to travel.

Store LocationMermaid Waters Qld
Flight Centre C.Flight Centre

Thanks for the kind words Kathy!

DL Piper

DL Piper

Disgraceful & contemptuous conduct

Like others have said, we booked and paid for hotels & flights in January 2020. It is now September and the old line of 'waiting for refunds from our suppliers' has worn very thin. I contacted the hotels and airline we booked directly and they confirmed they have not been paid by Flight Centre. Ever. Flight Centre have been withholding our money all this time, claiming they are the innocent party caught in between suppliers not refunding them in time. Contacting Fair Trading.

Brooke Y.

Brooke Y.Far North Queensland, QLD

Lost another customer

Scoot advised us our refund was credited to Flight Centre on the 10 June. Contacted Flight Centre on the 09 July and advised it would be 12weeks till return. 15 weeks later Flight Centre is still withholding our refund. Now I’m contacting Fair trading.

Evertina yk

Evertina yk

No refund or credit from flight centre

Booked a flight for two from Melbourne to Hawaii for May 28 th 2020, with Virgin through flight centre. Was told by fight centre that they can only give a credit but still waiting to hear back from them. Contacted them around April, May but still haven’t received my credit or money. How long before we receive our money?

HansJuergen

HansJuergenHunter Region, NSW

Things are good

After 16 weeks we have finally received from Flight Centre a full refund for our flights to and from Europe and car hire for May/July this year (Vietnam Airline/Hertz) over ~$ 9. 000 .
It is a very difficult time for all.
Carmen

Booking Type Car Hire and Flights
Flight Centre C.Flight Centre

Great to hear you have received your refund Carmen!

terrible phone service

Booking Type Flights

Don’t blame covid on flight centre

Store LocationMacquarie centre
Clarks

ClarksGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Still waiting for refund

PMasked

When you book through the FC do they hold your money or is this passed onto the airline straight away? We booked our flights through the FC we were flying with Virgin Australia. Both companies have been unable to answer our question.

Tcl

Whatever the answer is FC have made billions or multimillions by being an unnecessary third party. Their brand is completely ruined now as they will never come back from the bridges burnt with the Australian Public by not refunding. They are thinking extremely short term and if they want a future they should be fulfilling their end of the bargain by being this third party booking person they made themselves be. Otherwise, no business model. Just don't exist and let people book direct. They will never be trusted again and they have ruined their brand... Anyone who works for them should run, as they will lose their jobs in the next few months based on how the company is handling this. It is a one way trip to bankruptcy.

Tclasked

Why are you not taking a long term view and considering the damage to your reputation? By not refunding you are burning your bridges with the Australian Public? You won't recover from these 1 star reviews. It's a very short sighted approach you are taking to your customers by not refunding in a timely way - which makes me believe you will be bankrupt and/or waiting for a bail out from the government. If you work for them I would be looking for another job as even more redundancies are surely a certainty in the forseeable future (not to mention the abuse you must deal with daily).

ripoffsspreets

ripoffsspreetsasked

Why is Flight Centre not refunding straight away when funds received this is law you are breaking?

PM

Because they are making a load of interest on everyone's money!

Get an answer from our members and Flight Centre representatives