Listing monitored by Flight Centre

• Trip Completed Yes (172) · No (743)
  • Ease of Booking

Exceed expectations

JAKE HODGES Has been fantastic organising helping and following up from booking to landing in a very difficult times to travel overseas
My trip to Europe was not holidays
Getting in a plane is nothing like it used to be but the support Jake proactively gave made it so much easier
Highly recommend to anyone
Andre

germur
germurSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Like to take your money, don't want to give it back

4th August was going to Canberra to find Coast, was for a funeral, plane was cancelled i even had flight centre travel insurance.
I spent hundreds and what for scabby flight centre to give me about $60 , of my money, you pigs.
They showed me their true self, putrid pigs at fight centre.

Don Charana D.
Don Charana D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do your self a favor, Do not ever book with them.

I was booked flight online, but to change, you have to call, and stay for ever. I just gave up my $100+ and learned my lesson. Do what ever from the direct website.

A strong no

This company has terrible organisation. I have been on hold on 3 seperate occasions for over an hour each time, only to be automatically hung up on.
Flight Center have changed the time of my flight (to a time that I cannot make) and yet I can’t get through to any sort of customer assistance.
I have just been emailed my final flight notice where they are telling me that I need to either confirm these new flight times or risk my ticket being forfeited. There just seems to be no solution

Kristine
KristineSydney, NSW

Absolute incompetence

I needed to have a name changed on a previously issued ticket. I had to call and wait over an hour to be cut off at about 1 hour and 10 minutes. This happened about 5 times before I got through. Then they couldn’t find my booking. Then they asked me to scan ids and then still couldn’t fix my issue. This continues 4 more times. At the moment my issue still isn’t resolved. I will never deal with flight centre again. Never never again

jessimo
jessimoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible - keep money and won't issue refunds

Terrible service. Cancelled flights constantly and I'd paid extra to be able to be refunded in event of COVID issues.

Was advised it would take up to 12 weeks!!! before my refund would be processed. Other users and ACC investigation reveal that this is a lie and they blame flight providers, while keeping the money.

When I tried to contact them after the 12 week was up, they would not reply, cancel phone calls and claim only an 'online team' (that cannot be contacted) can provide service in this area.

I am trying to do a bank chargeback and recommend all users with similar issues do the same. Don't trust their systems, they have no intention to refund no matter the extra you pay for those rights!

Golam M.
Golam M.Sydney, NSW

Probably the worst customer service team ever

Was on the phone for 3 hours on separate occasions trying to reschedule. At the end of every hour they would play an automated voice recording and disconnect the call. Definitely my last time with this disgusting company.

Mitch G.
Mitch G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

On hold

Due to the pandemic, I was issued a credit from Flight Centre which expires shortly. I am trying to contact I have been on hold for over 2 hours trying to change flight credit. A recorded voice just came on and said they're having system issues and then disconnected me. Get your act together Flight Centre!!! Not good enough

Roslyn S.
Roslyn S.

Over an hour on hold and still no one to answer phone.

Over an hour on hold on various numbers and still no one to answer phone. Spent large portion of two days on hold trying to contact them. They use the old chestnut of "due to COVID" we have extra wait time. Never again

KTD
KTDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Long wait times and phone hang ups.

We had our flights cancelled due to covid and received flight centre vouchers. To redeem these vouchers you cant book flights online, you have to call the centre directly. The first call was over 15 minutes on hold then they hung up on me, the second call has been over half an hour on hold, all I want to do is hang up but I don't want to have to go through the wait time again or lose our vouchers... My partner and I will never use flight centre again.

UPDATE***
After 1 hour and 8 minutes we were told our phone call couldn't be taken at this time and to try again later.

Booking TypeFlights

Cannot get in touch with Flight Centre

They keep changing my flights even to the point where I'm being told to stop overnight in a city that's not part of my (domestic) trip. And they say in their email if I don't confirm the change or call them, I will forfeit the price I paid. When you try calling you are on hold for hours. I just want to cancel now but I can't even get in touch with them. I want my money back.

Flight Centre C.Flight Centre

So sorry to see you had so much trouble getting in touch with us. We'd recommend contacting our customer relations team by calling 1800 117 747 or emailing customer.relations@flightcentre.com.au and they will be happy to assist.

Rthurby
Rthurby

I actually did manage to get to talk with a customer service rep after being on hold for an hour, and I did get good service with my flight change. But those recorded messages when you're on hold are interminable.

sarah S.
sarah S.Sydney, NSW

I'd give 0 stars if allowed.

They cancelled and moved our flights countless times. The only way to then update the flights was to call them. After a total of 8 hour on hold across 3 days. They inform me all flights are booked out for that day!
Then when trying to move my flight again they said it will be a charge of my than my flight to begin with.
So unhelpful
The wait times are ridiculous. And the poor call centre girl must be exhausted from the painful process they call a business model.
How dumb I used flight Centre and not the airline direct!! Lessen learnt

Average

Flight Centre C.Flight Centre

Sorry to see you did not have a positive experience booking with us but thankyou for passing on the feedback. Our website team are working hard to improve the issues they are experiencing and we hope your next booking with us goes much more smoothly.

JBC
JBC

Scamming thieves

Waited for my refund for 7 months and still haven't received it. Tried to call for 1 week straight and waited for hours at every attempt just for nothing. I'll pray that this useless trash of a company would just go bankrupt. It'll be better for your employees as well because they're underpaid anyways.

Flight Centre C.Flight Centre

sorry you're still waiting for your refund- you're welcome to reach out to our customer relations team on 1800 117 747 or email customer.relations@flightcentre.com.au. They will be very happy to assist.

Terrible service

Called 3 times and 2 hrs wait each time, guess what, no one answered the call and it disconnected saying "Try Again later". Went to one of their offices in Sydney, they said we can't help you with cancellation but we can change the date. It didn't make any sense why it can't be cancelled?? What a terrible mistake to use this junk service. I have logged a formal complaint on their portal, if I don't get any feedback within next 2 days, I'll engage ACCC for further action.

Done forasked

There are hundreds and even more people on here who are at wit's end to get their money back
The answer on this site says "Get in touch with Customer Relations they may be able to help you out" Passing the buck, I am sure they got nowhere doing that, and thats why they have listed their complaint here. I would never ever ever use Flight Centre again - Terrible experience, take your money and then your on you own

Bren
Bren

Agreed. They are literally hopeless to deal with. Ive actually bever had an issue previously. Tgis has been a whole new level in hopelessness.

My issue with them was over 2 years ago, before Covid
Would never never ever deal with them again
Once they have your money banked that's it
I hope they all go broke

mark.conway.393

They’re charging a “$20 booking fee” to book in store and quoting more than what’s advertised online

PM
PMasked

When you book through the FC do they hold your money or is this passed onto the airline straight away? We booked our flights through the FC we were flying with Virgin Australia. Both companies have been unable to answer our question.

Tcl

Whatever the answer is FC have made billions or multimillions by being an unnecessary third party. Their brand is completely ruined now as they will never come back from the bridges burnt with the Australian Public by not refunding. They are thinking extremely short term and if they want a future they should be fulfilling their end of the bargain by being this third party booking person they made themselves be. Otherwise, no business model. Just don't exist and let people book direct. They will never be trusted again and they have ruined their brand... Anyone who works for them should run, as they will lose their jobs in the next few months based on how the company is handling this. It is a one way trip to bankruptcy.

Tclasked

Why are you not taking a long term view and considering the damage to your reputation? By not refunding you are burning your bridges with the Australian Public? You won't recover from these 1 star reviews. It's a very short sighted approach you are taking to your customers by not refunding in a timely way - which makes me believe you will be bankrupt and/or waiting for a bail out from the government. If you work for them I would be looking for another job as even more redundancies are surely a certainty in the forseeable future (not to mention the abuse you must deal with daily).

Get an answer from our members and Flight Centre representatives