Ford Falcon BF

Ford Falcon BF

See the Best Wagons in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mk3 bf wagon..still requires aftermarket oil trans cooler for 4 stars

Awesome powerful engine and comfortable wagon.
479000kms old, ran it o 504000 before it died, it still looked above good condition.
Rusting in the lower rear door seals..coming out on a 4 year old car is unacceptable.
Paint was decent though. Warped rotors still an issue.

Just had to replace the gearbox box and drove 30k only to have the oil cooler
In the trans break and flood my engine with transmission fluid.
09 falcon you would think they would have fixed it, problem is the cooler is behind the engine bay on top of the trans 4 spd. Beware! Sold it for 600 in the end, and the guy replaced the trans again,

Date PurchasedFeb 2009

Marianne Turkington

Marianne TurkingtonAubigny

FORD OFFERS TOP VALUE FOR AN OLDER VEHICLE

The Ford Falcon XR6 2006-2007 model is generally a reliable model, despite its age. Typically, Ford has given it the powerful 6 cylinder motor and, in this case, a six speed sports automatic gearbox which is designed to suit all types of drivers. This car catches the eye of sporty enthusiasts with its sleek, aerodynamic body lines and bold paintwork. Even at relatively high kilometres on the clock, the XR6 performs well; great response under the pedal, with its traditional gutsy 'gurgle' as it changes through the gears. Generally good on fuel, 9L/100 highway driving; obviously more in suburbia and/or if driven to its full potential!

Date PurchasedMar 2007
Aff

Aff

Bullit proof

I have had my 07 bf wagon for a few years . Has 190000km now and has had no major repairs . Servicing and wearing parts only . Only down fall is the paint quality . The top has faded pretty disappointing with the crap paint . But overall top and reliable car

Date PurchasedJan 2010
BL1TZED 101

BL1TZED 101

Xt lpg only

This car has been a pleasure to drive and extremely good fuel pricing on lpg making it a good around town vehicle power windows built in bluetooth for hands free phone is also a god sent it also has great freeway fuel economy making it just as good for long drives and with the lumbar support your back never gets saw and electric seats make you very comfortable as adjustments are easy. I would highly recommend for any company to use as a fleet vehicle.

Date PurchasedApr 2012

Manga

MangaLogan city

Love my ford xr6

I brought my 2008 ford falcon xr6 about 2 months ago second hand and love it handles great lots of guts great family car I upgraded to this from a mazda tribute, still have lots of room for 2 baby seats and 1 child in the 3rd seat. Boot is huge I have enough room for my double pram and left over room for my shopping. It has great functions that you can set how you like eg. Lights to be automatic, radio to turn off once your door opens, choice to have your boot locked at all times unless pressed with special key button which isn't car door unlock button. It had been great for me and my family. The bf looks great too!

Engine Size5.0
Date PurchasedMay 2017

gaurav

gauravWerribee

mk2, hard to corner, but grreat

really good car, low on fuel economy, but big boot, big chasis, big everything, heaps of space, mine did 150k, neevr missed a beat, loved it to bits. such a a beautiful car to look at. regular maintenance is enough, and change nattery every so often. would not regret. this beautifully made car.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

Elltee

EllteeWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

BF Falcon was supposed to be the model with all the bugs ironed out. IT'S NOT.

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Jigpelz

Jigpelzperth

Nice car

The running cost of car is perfect it then reliability of it is flexible.
Recently I am troubled with having to start it.
It won't start as normal and I have to adjust the gear lever or accelerators pedal to force start it.
Please advice me in this issue.
Otherwise This car is great!

Badge(No Badge)
Date PurchasedOct 2005
shane mooney

shane mooneySydney

cheap family motoring !!!

I two BF falcon sedans, these cars are value for money. Common problem I had is the front control arm bushes fail . So after spending $250 for control arms +$265 new front shocks the car drives like new. I have a young family with two kids and everyone can fit in there without any problems. And if anyone spill anything in the car NO Problem its just a falcon. Any one who planning to buy one my advice is to check if the front control arm bushes and rear diff bushes have been done by the previous owner. Fixing those two issues will cost about $1000 on top of the car purchase price. I had a big suv and I downgraded to a falcon, now when I come home I am more relaxed I don’t have the feeling that I have to go and see a chiropractor.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Dave of WA

Dave of WAPerth

Crusiey class

Purchased a second hand G6 with standard 4.0l six. Great car to drive with instant grunt, enormous torque and does everything well and surprising economy, used 7.4l/100km on 600km round trip to Busselton. Surprisingly potent sound system and sufficiently quiet to enjoy it.
Only has the 5 speed auto but this still the best auto i have ever had.
Ours is navy blue- very sexy machine.

BadgeG6

john

john

love this car

BadgeES
Engine Size4.0 litre

Great Car

Love my falcons I have a Ba gtp a Ba Turbo and have had our Bf XR6 for 8 years. Had 11000 on it when I bought it its now done 225000. Great car only issues starter motor died, alternator died warped rotors and did the pump seal in the tranny. Overall this has been a great car suspension wise she is starting to get a few squeaks but it still drives awesome the B series was a beautiful shape just thinking of trading this in for a 50th anniversary FG

Dax

Dax

BF XR6, ZF Trans. Much better than I could have imagined.

about average

My brother bought one of these ford xr6 after that he leased the same car.and I was usually stuck in the passenger seat and noticed with a smooth transition ride and boy it used to go quick when it was warm even though the motor was noisy and it used to go up bulli pass quite easy / most of the times it's usually better to buy a new car as someone can run the motor in to their own preference / the car was struck by a truck and was totalled so basically it was written off by the insurance company after that the have him a new car / as my brother was not hurt I totally recommend the ford falcon cars

Engine Sizev6
BadgeXR6 Limited Edition
brian

Of course the insurance company didn't give him the car they gave the lease company the money to cover it so the lease company gave him another ford car I am pretty sure though I never went in though it's a bit darker colour

piece of crap

Engine Size4L
myke

mykeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Had mecanical work done.

After the last review I wrote on the BF XR6 Ford Falcon I took my car to a mechanic to get a few problems sorted. I can now say I will keep the car for another couple of years. It's driving better than before. i had a major wheel shake problem as most owners of these cars would know but after getting the disc machined and new bendex pads the car is more stable now than before. the steering shudder is gone and it feels great to be able to put my foot on the brake pedal and get no shuddering. Other work was done as well to the engine and the car runs great.

A downs

A downsMelbourne, Victoria

Like a step back in time

GS500F Rider

GS500F RiderSydney

No problems since new

We bought our BF II Falcon new in 2007 with the 6 speed auto, it's now done 125,000km's.
It's been the most reliable car we have had. Nothing done but but servicing every 15,000km's.
It has been a cheap to run and service car. Front pads lasted 95,000km's and are cheap to replace
We will buy the new FGX Falcon when it is released.
Comfort, reliable, good on fuel, Sydney to Queensland on one tank. Great 6 speed auto. Good steering and handling
Only thing is it has power windows in the front but wind up in the rear

Reliability? Ehhhhhhhhh....

BodySedan

Last of the falcon wagons