Ford Falcon FG

Ford Falcon FG (2008-2014)

See the Best Sedans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Brody J.

Brody J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Incredible car, built too last. Still looks new, serviced 10 times in 5 years, highly reccommend.

Great for commuting; with space whilst looking great. You won't spend a fortune servicing and the black leather interior/sport function is as powerful as you need for our roads. Very quick, only issue which is a known issue (tailshaft) goes at 90-110 thousand km, just had mune re-built and running a dream again. This car will sore in value and is not easy to find in 2019 already.

Purchased in February 2014 at Ford Dealers for $34,990.00.

BoughtNew
Year2013

BeachedAz

BeachedAzSpewcastle

Ford Falcon XR6 -> Great choice for a 2nd hand car

The later Ford Falcons were an underrated car when they were released. Considering the ongoing costs, Falcons are a good option if you are hunting around for a 2nd hand car in the 7 to 10 year old category.

-> Grippy : good handling
-> Cheap parts. Front wheel bearings do tend to wear out and need replacing.
-> Cheap to run for the gas option (Eco LPi)
-> Good engine performance, no issue with the gas option

Handling could still be better compared to other cars but is still superior to the older Falcons. As long as you keep them serviced I Feel this is a fairly solid bet for 2nd hand car buyers.

Purchased in July 2019 for $13,309.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2012
Sarj

SarjGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Fuel Efficient Car

I recently bought a used 2012 ford falcon ecolpi which done 200k's. Its one of the best car I owned in terms of running costs and maintenance.It only cost me around 45 to 50 dollars depending on LPG price and get around 600kms easily. It's very powerful for a LPG only car and got 200kw. The only issue I found is the diff bushes are prone to crack which I replaced with a Nolathane bush and never had issues with it. So if you own an Fg and sick of replacing diff bushes go for the Nolathane or other similar quality ones. It bit expensive compared to the normal rubber bushes but saves you money and time in the long run.
So in short if anyone looking to buy a ecolpi dont hesitate just for it. Its a shame that we don't have anymore falcons

James

James

Best car

Reliable, affordable and has power. Use this car as my daily. Not much mechanical issues and cost is cheap to get fix. Can’t get a better Aussie vehicle than the falcon!

Purchased in July 2015.

Year2013

Zak

ZakPeel, WA

Seriously underrated car

The ford falcon was honestly such a great car. Never left my family stranded for over 100000kms. Bought new in 2011, unfortunate sold it in 2019. The engine was smooth and powerful, however pretty thirsty but acceptable for a 4 litre, always felt safe to drive. Lacked modern features but was designed to get you to A to B safely and the falcon got you to C and beyond. 100% recommend to any family on a budget or young driver wanting a good reliable safe car.

Purchased in February 2011.

BoughtNew
Year2011

Poorly built

Poorly built car. Constant problems with tyres wearing prematurely due to wheel alignment. I've had the wheels aligned numerous times, which hasn't fixed the problem. Warped brake discs and vibrations while driving. I've had the ICC replaced due to failure and the drive shaft repaired due to a bearing problem. I have zero confidence in the build quality of this car.
DO NOT BUY ONE!!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Col W

Col Wadelaide

Great Car

Great to drive, reliable, comfortable. the MK2 has a very good tech package, easy connectivity. Good ride. Used to drive to work and for leisure, about 25,000 km per year, bought it with 58,000 km on ODO. Initial service by Jarvis but seemed to be an expensive fluids only service, will now get serviced at willaston auto body repairs. No issues as yet.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

StoofaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Purchased a G6E

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Very smooth

I bought a 2009 fg xt in winter white with 160 000k for a very good price and it is a very good car and a better car than my previous VE commodore,as the car has a few kms on the clock I will tell of the associated problems with age,all that has gone wrong is the front discs were warped,roof lining was sagging and the boot light doesn't work right and when I tried to fix it,a fuse blew causing a strange "transmission not in park" warning on dash but that went away when I replaced the blown 5a fuse,but boot light still doesn't work other than that the car is great and a real bargain except it uses lots of fuel.

BadgeXT

Comfortable.
Fuel efficiency 700km around town on a full tank $90
Easy to drive
Stereo could be better
Electronics have gremlins galore with constant faults ALL the time which really lets this car down.
Climate control is fantastic.
Servicing yourself is easy on thus car.
Safety features great
Worth a drive before buy

BadgeXT EcoLPi
Engine Size5.0
Date PurchasedMay 2011

LiamF

LiamFMelbourne

It’s okay

My experience driving this car has been pretty good, it is nice and smooth. I like the interior, it is nice and roomy. The only thing I dislike about this car is it’s fuel efficiency, it is just really bad and I find myself having to fill up multiple times a week with e10 as it’s the cheaper alternative.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Good to have this the car.

The car is awesome I only ever have owned fords.
But I must say the fg is the best car I have ever driven..
power handling looks ... it’s got it all
I will never buy another brand .
I think in the near future I will be the proud owner of the new mustang

BadgeXR8
Engine Size5.4
Date PurchasedMay 2018

Dilhan T

Dilhan TMelbourne

nice car

i have a 2008 ford g6e, it's a comfortable car to drive, it handle ok could be better, i have loved these cars for a long time but when it comes to owning one you really see the problems they have, the diff bushes like to go a lot, which you think ford would have resolved the problem with their new falcons before they discontinued them, they drink a lot of fuel too! They are very spacious and too many people they're plain however i love the interior!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
davidglenelg

davidglenelgGlenelg South

One of the best sedans ever made.

Silky smooth 6 speed transmission, very quiet with virtually no road noise, responsive motor, well built suspension, abs and tractiion control work very well.

I have been in many situations where other drivers have pulled out directly in front of me, nearly side swiping me when they have changed lanes without looking etc, and this car has gotten me out of those dangerous situations without a single scratch.

It is good to hear that Ford's Australian engineering team is still going even though the factory is now closed down, here is hoping that they bring out a new falcon sedan soon.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Julian S

Julian SSpringwood

Wonderful car and so underated

I've owned my G6E for eight years now and have driven it over a variety of roads. No dust sealing problems and no rattles or squeaks. Every electronic item on it still works. Have used the car for local round town work and also interstate trips and it handles it all with finesse. Round town fuel usage is 9.5L/100km and country driving fuel usage is 7.0L/100km. Only consumables have been replaced like tyres and battery. The car is serviced by a local independent mechanic. The dealer I bought the car from has now gone out of business. I suppose one day I'll have to part with it but heaven knows what I'll replace it with. Nothing out there seems to be as good an all rounder as my G6E.

Date PurchasedAug 2009

Constant Error code.

I have a 2008 fg xt, Issue started afew months ago occasionally. I’d park my car, turn it off, take my keys out and when I open my door a little alarm goes off and a message pop up on my dash saying “transmission not in park”
It’s been happening a lot more now, almost every time.

BadgeXT
Date PurchasedAug 2016

Bus Driver John

Bus Driver JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It really is a great car.

BadgeG6 EcoBoost
Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedNov 2012

Iconic Aussie ute. Truly sad that they are no more.

BodyWhat?

Easy going comfy car

Handles beautifully around corners
Comfy on long drives and has a 2hr rest reminder
Love the interior and the embroidered Xr6 on the seats
Generally costs $70 to the tank to fill gets about 700km which is pretty good considering it's age and kms (126000)
Service costs me around $100 (oil filter & 10l of oil)

Date PurchasedApr 2015