Ford Focus LW Mk1

Ford Focus LW Mk1 (2011-2012)

• Braking
  • Interior Design
  • Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Best Car I’ve ever Owned!

Bought a 2011 Focus Trend Sedan Powershift used July 2018. Been an awesome car ever since. Very fuel efficient, really fun to drive, loves the corners. The boot has good space and is spring loaded so you just press the key and open it goes. 10/10. Onto the next Focus now!

Purchased in July 2018.

Jasmine V.

Jasmine V.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

2014 Ford Focus lemon

I purchased a Ford Focus 2014 model.
59,000kms only 5 months out of warranty and my steering rack has failed. There was a recall for the 2014 Ford Focus manufactured in August between the 8th and the 15th for steering gears incorrectly placed. Mine was built on the 15th of August 2015 but yet no recall was accompanied with my vin. I nearly had an accident when it failed. Ford have declined to fix this under good will even though it’s a manufacturer fault.

This is happening too often. Accidents, failures. It’s a joke. We should all come together and actually take these issues to the media. Out them and show Australia how crap there vehicles are.

Purchased in February 2020.

Trudy M.

Trudy M.Perth, WA

Optional extras ~ power steering

Bought my 2011 Ford Focus Sports brand new from the day of purchase had issues but it was all in my head or my driving apparently...
3 clutches replaced, TCM module replaced and 1 week after the TCM was replaced power steering went.
It is a money pit and according to Ford unroadworthy.
These days my focus sits in its parking bay and never moves.
I can't afford to pay out the finance which is not even mine on it so I can't even sell it... So I pay the rego and just sit and look at it... Hate Ford.. Never again

Purchased in July 2017 at Rangeford for $22,000.00.

Young GrandDad

Young GrandDadSouth East Queensland, QLD

I find this car great. Know your rights to have car fixed.

I had same steering malfunction. Given the car had 65000k on it and car was serviced by ford each time and cost over $30k new i simply told Ford i would lodge complaint with Qld fair trade, such low kilometres is unreasonable given your own warranty is for 100 thousand kilometres. They offered to cover 40%. I told them your parts, your labour marked up and only 40%? Kept calm, filed as i said and Ford paid 100%. Do not believe ford customer care. You are covered by consumer laws.

Purchased in April 2012 at Bryan Byrt Ford for $32,000.00.

Lauren

LaurenPerth, WA

DONT GET A FORD FOCUS

Last year I purchased a late 2011 Ford Focus titanium. It had at the time only done 60,000kms. It had a full service history, but hadn’t been used frequently over its lifetime. I started to use it as my main car and nearly immediately i experienced jerking, high revs and no take off speed. I put my car in to a ford dealer in January, the extended warranty had ran out the month before. They have wiped their hands clean and not given me a cent of contribution. It is really disgusting that you can wipe a car off that has done that amount of kilometres. It is now going to cost roughly $6000-$8000 in repairs and I am struggling to see that this gorgeous well looked after car is nothing but a ride off!!!!

Purchased in October 2018.

Amanie

Electronic Power Steering Failure

Date PurchasedAug 2011
dee

deePerth, WA

Gear box now the power steering

I bought my Ford Focus 2011 in January 2012 as a demo model...since then have had the transmission changed x 2...after being treated by the dealer as an idiot for 6 months each time I had to resort to begging for them to believe me and now find the power steering is gone...quoted $4300 to fix...the cars not even worth that much...Ford never again...what a lemon.

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Elizabeth

ElizabethNorthcote

Ford Focus EPAS Power Steering Failure

This is just an update on the common EPAS failure in the 2011 - 2015 Ford Focus. I own a 2011 model, which is out of warranty by almost 2 years. After the EPAS steering failed, I was presented with a $6000 bill to repair it. I filed against Ford Australia in VCAT under the Australian Consumer Law. Ford settled and paid for the repair before the court date and the matter has now been finalised. I urge anyone else with this issue to do your research and if possible, file in consumer court under the ACL.

BadgeTitanium
Date PurchasedMay 2013

Jules

JulesPerth

Only a matter of time before there's a fatality....

Engine Size1.8

Date PurchasedMar 2012
Brad C

Brad C

2011 FORD Focus Lemon

2011 Ford Focus Steering has failed. Its a know issue with Ford Australia but they refuse to recall or fix. USA has done a recall but not Australia. Would not recommend. I refuse to pay for a part thats failed due to no fault of my own. Ford even told me there was nothing I could have done to prevent it and that it is a know issue.

Date PurchasedDec 2011
RachelF

RachelFMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Power Steering Failure

You can add my Focus to the list needing to have the power steering replaced. Submitted a claim to Ford Australia for compensation but was denied as the car is out of warranty and too old. It’s only done 30000km. $3004 plus installation for the replacement part which four weeks later I’m still waiting on as they have no stock in Australia. After reading other reviews I will be following this up further with Ford Australia as I too should be entitled to some form of compensation. Apparently this issue was made know to Ford in May 2011; if I was aware of this, I would not have purchased this car. Other than that I have been reasonably happy with the car however in hindsight would not purchase again regardless of power steering issues.

Date PurchasedAug 2011
Paying customer

Paying customer

Awesome Car

I have been so lucky I've had the car only for three weeks and have encountered zero problems.
I have the base model,the drive is smooth and quiet and the finish of the car is all quality. The comfort level is outstanding... Compared to my other cars. Fuel is great 7.3/100.
Other all Im very happy..

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Faults

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Matt A

Matt ANundah

Could be better

a solid car mechanically, just need to be careful of paint peeling on plastic parts of the chasis. This can end uo costing you a bit in cosmetic repairs, but wont stop you from getting from a to b. Fuel efficiency is pretty good across long drives but drops significantly in suburban traffic.

BadgeZetec
Engine Size1.8
Date PurchasedJan 2011
Torn

TornMelbourne

It's ok

Unfortunately it has the turning circle of a luxury cruise liner, making tight car parks a nightmare. It's an ok drive if not a little bumpy, you'll definitely feel it on uneven roads and when highway diving you'll get a lot of noise leaking in. Fuel economy is ok as long as you're not using it in the city as a work car, constant traffic light stops will reduce efficiency. Very quick off the mark. Questionable audio jack and USB placement (back of the glove box). Don't hate it but wouldn't buy it again. Oh and a chunky middle section leaves long legged folks a little cramped for the sake of some ridiculous "holders".

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Electric power steering failure

Dangerous driving experience.
Spacious front, very little space at the back.
Not reliable at all might be a death trap.
Power steering locks while driving and could possibly be a death trap to you and family.
Ford will not take responsibility in fixing the issue or recall these models, they have advised owners to fork the money to fix the issues and will not guarantee that the power steering fault issues will be fixed in the future.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Crap gearbox and Power steering issue!

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Brilliant handling!

This is the best car I have ever owned. Superb dynamics, stylish and a real driver's car. The diesel provides exceptional economy with real grunt when you need it. Excellent for those long country trips. Very comfortable driving position with good support. A little cramped in the rear and boot could br a bit bigger.

Date PurchasedNov 2013