Ford Focus LW Mk2

Ford Focus LW Mk2 (2012-2015)

• Braking
  • Features
Jenny I.

Jenny I.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

transmission clutch shudder

Have car back into dealer this week as slipping in gear then not being able to get reverse gear. This will be the 7th or 8th time the same problem has been fixed and quite frankly I'm am over it. I travel on my own a lot and never know if or when this problem will happen again it's quite frightening. Car manufactured December 2012 and I purchased it in June 2013. I love a lot of thing about it except for gearbox.

Purchased in June 2013 for $21,000.00.

Dzenan

Dzenan

Melon of a car

Purchased in September 2016.

Perfect Small Car if you’re in the Market!

We bought the car in 2013 brand new, a 2013 Focus Titanium with the Sports Executive Pack petrol and its been a terrific car throughout the 150,000kms we’ve thrown at it. It’s really a drivers car and handles beautifully, and it has lots of tech including Adaptive Cruise control which takes a bit of stress out of freeway driving. The only thing is the smaller screen which hasn’t been too much of an issue, it’s really simple to use despite all the buttons you’re inundated with! 10/10! Will definitely be buying another Ford Focus!

Purchased in March 2013 for $34,000.00.

Steven P.

Steven P.

Lemon

I purchased my 2012 LW Ford focus 6 months ago, the car has travelled 58,000 kilometers, it's a 5 speed Manual and the electric power steering Assist has failed twice and once while driving almost causing an Accident. it now needs a new power steering rack that will cost well over 2,000 dollars to replace and get fitted. the check engine light has come on twice also. I'm getting it fixed and will be looking at trading it in for something else.

Tyrone Bandara

Tyrone BandaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very unreliable car.

2013 model purchased from a dealership for $10k in 2020.
Automatic transmission failed.
Unknowingly had 2 recalls.
Ford didn't even send a letter/email/call about the recalls.
Rung Ford and they couldn't book it in for over a month. So do I just keep paying for this car while it sits for over a month and pay even more to hire a car to use while I wait. Poor effort from Ford, both with their products and service.

Purchased in January 2020.

6inOZ

6inOZAU

DO NOT!! I REPEAT DO NOT BUY ONE!

My 17 year old daughter saved up 8k to buy a decent car! She bought a 2012 Ford Focus less than a year ago and had so far spent over $5k!! It’s a piece of absolute crap! I feel so sorry for her! And don’t even get me started on the recall!!! Steer well clear! She could have bought a brand new Kia with 7 year warranty! But only just learning that now!!

Purchased in July 2019 for $80,000.00.

Samhilly

SamhillyPerth

Very good carto U

On 12000 on my 3rd Focus . No Problems Current model L W Focus 2016 M K 11 Diesel. Travel to work every day.All services carried out.No problems from mechanic.Dont bother.

Purchased in June 2017.

Rebecca

RebeccaPerth, WA

Lemon car and bad customer service

Purchased in November 2014 for $21,000.00.

Jboy

JboyFar North Queensland, QLD

Ford Focus Trend 2012 LW

Hi, bought a Ford Focus 2012 Trend LW with 115,000kms on it. The car had been fantastic. Had no issues at all. Too all the people who don’t even own one yet have an opinion to ‘Stay well away from them’ maybe you should spend your time on issues you actually know about. Obviously some Ford Focus cars 2011-2016 had problems, but that doesn’t mean all had problems. There are good ones around and the technology of this car is ahead of its time. Cheap to buy, runs extremely well, smooth ride and comfortable interior with all the mod cons and cold a/c. I would buy another 5 of them. Don’t listen to the naysayers. Problems on these cars should have been fixed so if you are looking at one don’t hesitate as they are well priced. J

Purchased in June 2018 at Auction.

Meg

MegNortheast, VIC

Amazing car, so many extras, solid and plenty of zip

Purchased in April 2019 at Ford Dealers.

Rob

RobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Power Steering Malfunction

Purchased in January 2018 at Ringwood Mazda.

Good Things

Good Things

So disappointed!

Purchased in June 2016 for $22,000.00.

Noise Level
Shona

ShonaSouth East Queensland, QLD

My Ford experience

After seven years of using this car every day I can honestly say it has been a dream car. Still looks amazing and drives well despite quite high Kms, so much so we bought a second had one for my daughter's first car.

Purchased in May 2012 at Denmac Ford.

Concreteangel

ConcreteangelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dodgy transmission, electronics messing up

Bought my car new, had no steering wheel fluid cap. When I went back, dealer just rolled his eyes and gave me one.
Car shakes and jolts due to a dodgy transmission and is currently in a class action.
USB port fails in hot weather and cigarette lighter port no longer functions.
Interior is badly designed, there’s nowhere to put anything, I’m forever trying to balance my bits and bobs in the cup holder.
Boot cover snapped off not long after purchase.
Don’t think I’ll ever buy a ford again.

Purchased in March 2013 for $26,000.00.

Craig

CraigPerth, WA

Gear box problems

Was my wife’s car we ended getting a new one out of it but not before ford blamed us for “driving like nanas “ and telling us it was our fault the dual clutch system kept breaking down to the point where I tried to pull out of an intersection and the car just stopped with my foot flat to the floor wouldn’t go at all . Nearly got t boned by a van . But eventually they gave us a new one . Sold it straight away though .

Purchased in April 2014 for $23,000.00.

Justin

Justin

Transmission Issues and poor customer service

BadgeTrend
Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedFeb 2015
James

JamesGold Coast

Worst car in Australia, terrible customer service.

BodySedan
BadgeST
Engine Size1.8
Date PurchasedFeb 2012
Afrah A

Afrah ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Gear box constantly has issues

BadgeAmbiente
Engine Size1.8
Date PurchasedJan 2014
Tayyab Bashir

Tayyab BashirCanberra

Not bad as a first car

The car has good economy. It does about 100 km per 7 liters.
The infotainment system is slightly below average.
The space at the back seats is not a lot but its still manageable. Boot space is good.

It does have some sounds of it's own that no mechanic has been able to fix. For e.g. there's contact screeching sound when I accelerate too quickly.
Overall its a good car though.

BodySedan
BadgeAmbiente
Engine Size1.6
Date PurchasedMay 2018
Jared Mclean

Jared McleanHurstbridge

Could spend same money on better car (over priced) too much redundant tech.

Use this car all the time and the best thing about it is it's economical. Dash display is significantly behind the times and the car is overpriced when considering bang for buck. not much space at all and the middle console impedes leg space in the front for passenger and driver.

BadgeTitanium
Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedOct 2014

Jett B.asked

Focus LW Mk2 (2012-2015)

After washing my 2013 Ford Focus Manual with around 75,000kms, 2.0L Petrol. I started the car, let it idle for a bit, then reved it slowly to around 3000rpm. After releasing the accelator the engines reves died down and the engine was shuddering and shaking before it stalled. After the engine stalled there was a noticeable smell coming from the engine. Let it sit for a few minutes and drive it back into the garage. Get back in the car around an hour later as I needed to go out and leaving my estate which is quite steep, travelling up the hill in second gear like I usually do and the engine just starts revving up and down, it felt like I was jumping on and off the accelator, got to the point where the engine felt like it was about to konk out, mind you this was having my foot flat on the accelator while this was happening. So I decide to keep driving to the destination and haven’t had problem since, around a month ago it happened. I did have the fuel tank recall done around a week before this so maybe it could have been something to do with that? Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issues. All comments welcome.

Morris S.
Morris S.

mine has 40000km and it shudders and wont reverse.Ford will not cover you for parts and labor.google it heaps of people have issues

Jett B.

I don’t have an auto, not the same problem!

AdeH

AdeHasked

2014 focus S not starting
Ford said it will Take 4 hours to diagnose
Does that sound right?

theo d.

theo d.asked

Focus LW Mk2 (2012-2015)

Good day. My headlights dont want to go on . High beam and parks are fine. Fuze inside is also fine .Where is the relay for the headlights? Ford focus mk3

David B.
David B.

Theo, I think you'd best find a reliable auto electrician. It will probably save you a lot of time and frustration. Your local Ford dealer might be worth a quote, and remember you don't need to have it fixed there if it will be too expensive. Sorry I can't help more.

See all Ford Focus LW Mk2 (2012-2015) questions

Ford Focus LW Mk2 (2012-2015)

Compare all 20 Ford Focus
CategoryCars, Hatchbacks and Sedans
Starting Price $24,590
TransmissionAutomatic
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrol