TF.I, TE, TF.II
See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ford

• Comfort
  • Features

Cath Gipson
Cath GipsonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I didn't think love existed until I met my Ford Kuga!

Going from Ford Focus to a Kuga was a decision mainly based on safety due to the size (I'm not the best driver), but now I wouldn't buy another car. I drive 10 minutes to work every day and I get my Kenny Kuga serviced every year.

Purchased in October 2015 at Ford Dealers for $28,000.00.

RosemareeMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Love it looks big but its so compact

Drive to work family transport its a mums taxi.
Use my car every day. Love driving it.
Service car regularly either the months its due or reach the kms what ever comes first.

Purchased in February 2014.

BenSydney, NSW

Very Good Car - Can't Really Fault It

Purchased in May 2016 at Peter Warren Automotive for $38,000.00.

Ryan w
Ryan w

There just no good

Uncomfortable seats
Terrible auto
Super expensive wheel bearings in the awd $1300 each
Numb steering
Ultra sensitive breaks when tapped or lightly pressed but then spongey when pressed hard when you really want to stop
The worst headlights I’ve ever had on a car and I’ve had over 15 vehicle some over 40 years old yes they are that bad.
Good points easy to park
Would suit someone who only travels short distances or doesn’t need a car everyday

Gold Coaster ex NSW
Gold Coaster ex NSWSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best SUV money can buy

We bought a 2014 model Ford Kuga 6 years ago.

Used daily, it's been nothing short of excellent - Fun to drive, great economy, plenty of power for a 1.6 turbo engine, massive overtaking torque, comfortable seating.

We only do the regular annual logbook service.

In the 6 years we have had to replace the battery in year-4, and replaced about 3 blown bulbs, and off course new tyres - that's it - far less issues than any other car that we have owned.

A great buy!

Purchased in July 2014.

Good car for towing a small caravan

Purchased a 2016 TF2 Diesel Titanium with the safety pack in Dec 2017 with 13K on the clock. It now has 90K. Towed a Karakampa van to Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney a few times, and it has performed flawlessly.. Under normal conditions the gearbox seems to want to use the lowest grear and seems to be under reeving. With the van it detects the load and revs higher thus not labouring the gearbox..safety pack is great and a good long distance car... The only thing is if you have a big frame, then the cabin space might seem a bit small..

Purchased in December 2017.

Nick
Nick

Rubbish

Badly built , to many recalls , blown transmission drive shaft in first year of ownership, Ford service team useless, bought to replace a lemon craptiva but ford was no better I wish ford would join Holden and disappear as there is so many better cars out there to buy please stay away from ford cars
Bought a Honda CR-V hopefully have better luck with this one

Purchased in April 2013 at Titan ford for $32,000.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Anthony N.
Anthony N.Mid North Coast, NSW

Rev up and down while driving

When reversing or driving forward I notice the car revving up and down, but it doesn't while idle. Any idea on what it could be. Just had service not long ago and mechanic said nothing

Purchased for $15,000.00.

Good car when it works!!

Purchased in November 2013.

Year2013
Michelle
Michelle

Follow on......contacted Dept Fair Trading, 3 weeks later Ford Australia refunded the $3100 I paid to have the car fixed but I had to sign a waiver that I would not further persue. :)

GrahamSydney, NSW

Problem with Differential

We purchased a Ford Kuga, Turbo Diesel in 2014, we have had it serviced as per the Manufacturers Log Book, and only use it for personal use, transporting family. We noticed a clunking noise coming from the differential. The car was purchased as a Demonstration Model with full warranty. We are now told that the differential needs to be replaced at a cost of approximately $4,500. We believe that the differential should last at least 10 - 15 years, under the Implied Warranty senario, but all that we have been offered by Ford is 25% Good Will, which we have rejected. 4 weeks later, no car, no decision, can anyone offer a suggestion PLEASE.

Purchased in July 2014 for $34,000.00.

Graham

The offer now is 50% which we have accepted, and our car will be repaired by the weekend.

kimbo
kimboNortheast, VIC

Money pit

BadgeTitanium
Engine Size2.5
Date PurchasedDec 2017
DriveAWD
Alan PowellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great to drive but heap of crap!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
DriveAWD

lorene23
lorene23Perth, WA

Big space good enough for me and the family love it

Big car very spacious I do commute to work everyday 25mins each way I use the many functions and handsfree device Bluetooth my dog has the extra space in the wide open boot where he can lie down or stand up love this car it doesn’t last long on petrol but it’s good enough for me

Engine Size1.5L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedOct 2018
Drive4WD
harry
harrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Coolant leaks after recall mods

So disappointed with my Kuga... after the so called recalls my car has never been the same. Constant loss of coolant, warning messages, etc.
And every time racq had to tow it back to the dealer. No wonder you get free racq membership. This is just an ongoing inconvenience, first the water pump then seals, etc and airlock ( every excuse you can think of) . The vehicle has only done 60k and all services done by ford . Definitely not buying a Ford ever again. Hello Mazda....

BadgeTrend
Date PurchasedApr 2013
deb
debMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

GREAT SUV

My Kuga is the 1.6 Ecoboost 6 speed manual. I use the Kuga as my daily drive into Adelaide and a country drive on most weekends. I find it be extremely fuel efficient. I average 7.3L per 100kms whether it be city or country driving. I have no problems overtaking on the open road. It has plenty of power. I am really happy with my Ford Kuga

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Rosemareeasked
Kuga

I have a ford and my fob keys just stopped working and need to put key in side of steering wheel to start and if the car doors open after i start it sounds the horn twice and states the fob isn't found in the car when it obviously is. To lock and unlock car have to take out hidden key in th fob. . Went to several shops to reset the fob to no avail only the ford company said they can do it and will cost over $170 each fob and will take the whole day think this a bit of a rip off and one fob i never used at all. Does anyone know a way around it that works as read up on internet but can't find a solution?

Ben

Silly question, but have you tried replacing the battery in the fob?

Rosemaree

Yes replaced the batteries when it first went off cause it tells you to change battery and should be working fine but after that just it doesn't work. It used to be in a rubber fob cover and think cause moisture to get in cause when changed battery it was wet residue inside. Which i pat dry now fobs don't work and second one has never worked as was spare for car and never used.

sammy

The only way to reset the fob is to take it to a ford dealer, There is no way around it. nobody else can do it

Kerry
Kerryasked
Kuga

I have a Ford Kuga 2.OL ECOBOOST 2016. The temperature gauge when starting the car goes to normal then it will drop back. The fan kicks in. My engine light goes on. I turn the car off and on again and every thing is normal. I have had the thermostat replaced, the temperature sensor replaced. Now its starting to do it again. The mechanic scan tool says no faults.

sammy

common problem with the kugas nearly all of them do it.

Fatjon D.
Fatjon D.asked
Kuga TF.II (2014-2016)

Hello
I have a 2013 Ford Kuga, Diesel. Lately I have noticed the fuel tank sign stays on even though I have plenty of diesel in the tank. Has anyone encountered this issue and what could be the cause of it?

Get an answer from our members and Ford representatives

Compare all 5 Ford Kuga
Ford Kuga TE
  • Discontinued

Ford Kuga TE (2012-2013)

3.6
Ford Kuga TF.I
  • Discontinued

Ford Kuga TF.I (2013-2014)

3.9
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $47,190$33,250
TransmissionAutomatic and Continuously Variable (CVT)Automatic and Manual
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD) and Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypeDiesel and PetrolPetrol
Max Torque400Nm @ 2000-2500rpm240Nm @ 1600-5000rpm
Country of ManufactureSpainSpain
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,800 kg1,600 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2012Jan 2013Jan 2014Jan 2014
Discontinuation dateDec 2013Dec 2014Dec 2016Dec 2016
Replaced byFord Kuga TF.I and Ford EscapeFord Kuga TF.II and Ford EscapeFord EscapeFord Escape
Compare all 5 Ford Kuga