Great customer service

We were looking around for a new mattress & base and could not go past Forty Winks H/C for their pricing but more importantly the customer service. Kat was amazing & her service is top notch. Would highly recommend.

Store LocationHoppers Crossing

FANTASTIC !!!

Great store with huge range on display. Customer service was brilliant and very helpful.
Lisa was very knowledgeable and went out of her way to make sure we were offered all the advice and help to make our decision.
More than pleased with selected product and service provided.

Store LocationMalaga W.A.

Beware the Shark

I was in crisis the day I walked into the Bendigo Forty Winks store. I could not return to the house I was renting because of a severe allergic reaction to carpet beetles. I was suffering from Hyperosmia, an overpowering sense of smell. I desperately needed a mattress so that I could stay in temporary accommodation. I informed the salesman, who turned out to be the store manager, of my situation and the nature of my condition and requested floor stock because it had already been aired and was less likely to be a problem for me. I was in two minds about whether to purchase Bedside Tables and a Tallboy. The room I had been offered to stay in had no furniture but I did not know how long I would be staying there. Witnessing my uncertainty about whether this was the right time to make an additional purchase the manager nevertheless ceased it as an opportunity to make a sale: Any reasonable human being would have advised someone in my predicament to take their time and cautioned them to be certain of their choice because of the stores no refund/change of mind policy. On reflection, it is clear that this vital piece of information, which would have been helpful in my decision making process, was deliberately withheld to land a sale. I put my trust in the store manager, as a bedding specialist, only to discover I was dealing with a ruthless business man who cared more about the sale than meeting his customers needs. When the furniture arrived I had an immediate reaction to the smell of the varnish, which for me was a major health issue. I could not be in the same room with the furniture let alone put my clothes and personal effects in the draws because the smell was overpowering and I would not be able to sleep. Nevertheless, the manager at Forty Winks Bendigo insisted this constituted a change of mind so that he could enforce the stores no refund policy and gave me a store credit instead. This whole experience has left me feeling violated and bullied: violated because I put my trust in someone at a vulnerable time in my life who saw me merely as a means to an end and took advantage of my misfortune; bullied because the salesman/manager refused to acknowledge that this situation constituted a health issue not a change of mind wherein he would been required to give me a refund according to the Forty Winks Refund Policy.

Store LocationForty Winks Bendigo

Another Mattress Con.

King Chiro Flex5 Firm Mattress, comfortable bed for 12-18 months. Then the sag begins- within 26 months we had the mattress sent back and fixed/ replaced, can't remember- only to have it sag within a further 6 months. Becoming desperate, we turned mattress over and used a $100 topper and were able to get another 4 months out of it. I don't believe 3.5yr is good enough- I expect 5-7- Forty Winks promised 10yr. Con.

Outstanding before and after purchase service

My partner and I bought a customised (one side soft, one side firm) queen-bed mattress at Forty Winks Fyshwick store, and found the service we received - both before and after purchase - so outstanding that I'm breaking the habit of a lifetime to write a review. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable, sensitive to our needs, and bent over backwards to be helpful - if only this sort of service were available from all retail venues! After a bit of dithering (on my part), met with consummate skill, sympathy and patience (on the part of the Fyshwick staff), we have a mattress that both embraces my body and provides my partner with support for his. I cannot recommend this store too highly - I will certainly be recommending it to all my friends.

Store LocationFyshwick, ACT
Hi Lorna, thanks for your feedback. Bringing you the best in-store experience is really important to us so we're thrilled to hear you were happy with the service. Thanks for choosing Forty Winks Fyshwick.

If there was an option for no stars, I'd choose it.

Purchased Cobar King Bedroom Suite in May 2014 (~$7000). First bed side rail split in 2015, replaced under warranty. Second side rail split 2017. Third side rail split 2019. The fact this is happening repeatedly, and a study of the construction shows the way it is constructed the bulk of the weight load is concentrated on a small section of timber, which is causing it to repeatedly split. Contacted Castle Hill stored for resolution. They've offered ("as a gesture of good will") two new side rails which they are confident won't split. I am sure they will as it is inevitable given the design of the bed. Our bed now being held up with extra timber and clamps. They also told me they'd never had any warranty claims on this bed (incorrect as we did a warranty claim in 2015!) Terrible customer service, avoid at all costs.

Store LocationCastle Hill

Was not told bed would need assembly

Was never advised that the bed, heavy and with a gas lift base, would arrive in bits (not comparable to an easy flat pack assembly). Wasn’t advised if an optional forty winks assembly existed, only offered the $70 cash delivery fee. Very unhappy, the mattress needs two people to move and the base is not straightforward to put together, also heavy. Would not recommend forty winks.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Elisabeth, thanks for your feedback and we're disappointed to hear this wasn't communicated to you. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused as a result. If you did still require any assistance with assembly please contact the store from which you purchased these items from. Thank you.

Unacceptable Operations

Contract stipulates 2 weeks to contact for delivery, it’s been an unacceptable 5 weeks now. Only contact I’ve had with store was because I had to call and email to get any information about my order. Responses I’ve received are “It’ll be ready when it’s ready”. “Someone will be in contact with you about delivery”. (No contact made). For 2.5k dollars you would think they would care a bit more about meeting customers expectations and holding to what is stated in their Terms . I am unsure what the REAL problem is but have to do MUCH better 40winks.

Store LocationCastle Hill
Hi, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Can you please provide your order number so we can follow up with the Castle Hill store? Thanks.

Absolutely crap

Nothing else to say, had 3 replacements, base and mattress , now waiting for refund, cheep Chinese crap sold for a lot of money, bought at Geeps Cross, Adelaide area, ten months ago. Avoid this seller,

invoice 3016936

After sales service non-existent

There are plenty of mattress shops in Tweed Heads so I would suggest avoiding forty winks. They are happy to sell you a bed but if anything goes wrong, they either ignore you or fob you off. If the product is faulty the customer care team really don't care if you are happy or not.

The stitching came undone on my mattress after about 18 months of use. I reported this to the store. I received an email from the customer "care" team asking for photographs etc to satisfy the warranty. I did this and they said they would pick up the mattress and leave a loan mattress in its place while they were repairing my mattress. The loan mattress was more like a slab of concrete. I now have my mattress back however the medium mattress I sent off is now a firm mattress and is very uncomfortable. The customer "care" team will do nothing about this and suggest I wait an indeterminate amount of time to let the mattress "settle". So, after being sold a faulty product, I have to put up with frustration and discomfort. When told the mattress is only replaced if its a major problem, I suggested a very dissatisfied customer is actually a major problem.

Store LocationTweed Heads

Not so much of a quality bed

I'm sorry but I am on my second bed of theirs & still no happy! First one the whole base gave in but then the bases weren't even from forty winks I guess. New bed the one base is very noisy and mattress is looking very saggy and it's ONLY a year that we have it!! Besides these the beds come with marks on but is supposed to be brand new but the store is selling you the shop display that most people sit on and test! Seriously disappointed that I bought their beds and by dial a bed as well!!

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Hi Tanya, we're sorry to hear you are disappointed with your bed. Have you contacted the store from which you purchased this from to discuss?

Great value, great comfort!

Very impressed with our new Daintree SleepMaker mattress! Firm yet comfortable, feels supportive and also doesn't feel like you sink into the mattress either. It is a very similar feel to another SleepMaker mattress we got over 7 years ago, and couldn't pass up the opportunity to go for the same again! The customer service we received from Forty Winks was also fantastic, very informative and professional. We will soon again happily buy another mattress in this range in another size as we are building a house and have a few rooms to fill!

Hi Lisa, thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we're glad to hear you're enjoying your new SleepMaker Daintree mattress :-)

Dylan & Maggie - brilliant!

I spent 2 hours at the Gepps X store when purchasing my king size mattress. Selecting my mattress was the easy part, Maggie was so helpful. She spotted me as soon as I e there’s the store and based on what I told her, she knew exactly what to show me and within 15 mins I was ready to buy. A first time user of HUMM - both myself and the staff - the next 90 mins was spent trying to successfully process my transaction. This was no fault of Dylan’s, who was now supporting the sale, or Maggie my original salesperson, HUMM is just not a platform for BNPL I would recommend - it was a complicated, repetitive and time consuming exercise to finalise payment. I can’t thank Dylan enough for the time he spent on the phone and online sorting this out for me - I left the store a more than happy customer and look forward to my mattress arriving this afternoon. Thanks Dylan and Maggie.

Store LocationGepps Cross
Hi Liz, thanks for the kind words and we'll be sure to pass this feedback on. Enjoy the new mattress!

Wonderful Service and great deal - thank you Rosa

Have purchased all our beds from Forty Winks Bankstown and have never been disappointed. Attended VIP night and got a great deal on a bed for spare bedroom. Thank you Rosa for your patience and great service.

Store LocationBankstown
Hi Michelle, thanks for choosing Forty Winks Bankstown! Enjoy the new bed :-)

Fantastic customer service

I shopped at the Toowoomba store and was greeted by a lovely young lady by the name of Amy. Amy took the time with us with her customer service being A1. Very polite and explained to the point. I congratulate Amy for her old fashioned service . I bought and walked out very happy.

Store LocationToowoomba
Hi Robyn, this is great to hear! Thanks for choosing Forty Winks Toomoomba and we'll be sure to pass your feedback on :-)

Terrible.

Brought a bed from Campbeltown store and paid deposit, and found out that the exactly same bed in Crossroad store was cheaper by $400. So call back and spoke with store manager and she said it’s franchise and they don’t do price match. Even put complaint to Head office and spoke with Area/State manager but even he said he cannot do anything and if you wish you can cancel the order (will lose the deposit) and purchase from other store. Worst service ever from manager and area manager. They actually don’t care about customer. Never ever going to purchase from Forty Winks again.

Store LocationForty Winks Campbeltown NSW

Fantastic shopping experience

Upgraded to King size and picked the perfect store. Range was amazing, staff friendly and helpful and delivery fast and efficient. Even added to my purchase with sheet sets and protectors. I will not hesitate to recommend and to shop here again.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Chris, thanks for choosing Forty Winks Midland :-)

Highly recommended - delighted !

I wanted to purchase a queen size mattress. For me that is an important and large purchase.
From my first phone call to Forty Winks Melville, Dani"s (Daniela) professionalism, warm welcome and knowledgable approach made the whole exercise smooth and easy.
With my store visit, Dani, listened to me, helped clarify and made my decision process easy.
I am very pleased and Highly recommend !!

Store LocationForty Winks Melville
Hi Jane, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for our Melville store. Pleased to hear we could help and we'll be sure to pass your feedback on. Enjoy the new bed!

Great job

We came in today and bought a mattress awesome service by the sales person she was helpful and generous , delivery service was spot on very happy, would recommend. Highly , well done ..

Hi Susie, this is wonderful to hear! We'll be sure to pass your feedback on. Thanks.

Worst mattress ever!

Worst mattress ever, along with service, very misleading as far as customer service goes. I needed a new mattress told the woman I had a bad back, and didn’t want something to soft or to firm, all she wanted was a quick sale, I’ve had nothing but sleep since I bought it. WAY TO HARD! She had sold me the worst mattress ever, I’ll never go there again and wouldn’t recommend anybody who is in the market for a new bed to go there absolutely terrible. No knowledge whatsoever as to helping the customer

Store LocationMunno Para
Hi Naomi, we're very sorry to hear that the comfort level isn't to your preference. Please note there is an adjustment period so it is best you contact the store from which you purchased the mattress to go through all options. Thanks.I did go back to the store, but wasn’t offered any options, I wasn’t offered anything,like I said never again huge disappointment .

Why do the Sleepmaker mattresses get such a bad rap? So many people say they have sinking issues.I find them the most comfortable when i have tried medium firm instore but wont buy it if its likely to sink as your return policy is shocking if i am to believe the reviews left on here.

Hi I have just bought a mattress and bed frame and am happy with the mattress. The bed frame though is really too large for the room although it fits ok. It is a padded bed head and it has a buckle in the fabric of about 2 inches. Is it reasonable to ask to exchange the frame for a different style? Bit worried now about having a fabric one again.

hi i recently purchased one queen size mattress from one of the forty winks stores.but due to some changes in my plan i don't need it any more.as mattress is ment to be delivered next month i.e june so i thought i will go and cancel my order.When i went to the store they are saying they will charge me 25%.this is totally unfair for a counsumer like us.I don't think i will never ever buy any thing from forty winks from again.How are we supposed to know that they have 25% charging policy at the beginning. and i have not even that mattress yet so why they have to charge me 25%
Did you purchase during a promotion or sale? If so they most likely had to buy it themselves straight away from the supplier to ensure they recieved a rebate which allowed it to be sold to you at a reduced price. They would have done so in good faith and would be assuming that you purchased in good faith as well. Also people are entitled by law to keep a cancellation fee if it is within reason. They outlaid money for you for the specific mattress you ordered, surely it is fair that they are allowed some recompenseCancellations are covered in their website.