Freedom Internet New Zealand

Fast, Pro, Lite (See All)
See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Freedom Internet New Zealand

• Adequate Speeds Yes (34) · No (64)

James
James

Unreliable

Consistently get Netflix network issues when internet is fine, random ping spikes in gaming. Good price advertised as upto 100mbs when in reality it is 1-15mb, 10 usually. Avoid them

Disaster

I had to struggle with dropouts two months. During this time (pandemic lockdown) I wasn't able to have one zoom chat without dropouts. Nobody in Freedom was able to help me or answer the question if they were able to fix the problem or not. They were replacing the router 3 times even though it was obvious that it is not problem with it but with their infrastructure.

I don't think the people working there are real technicians. I believe they are just random guys who learned very basic procedures and following them without any thinking.

My advice is just to AVOID Freedom Internet.

Franco L.
Franco L.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst provider I've ever seen in my whole life

As the title says, the absolute WORST internet provider i've ever dealt with my whole life.

-Constant dropouts throughout the day
-Slow
-Expensive
-Costumer service always pretend to be ''investigating'' your problem but nothing ever changes.

You are lucky if they actually give you 10% of the speed you pay for, an absolute joke of company.

AVOID THIS PROVIDER AT ALL COSTS

Freedom I.Freedom Internet Australia

Worst customer service, worst connection speeds and expensive. Avoid as many other have said.

Rich
Rich
Internet Service Providers

Find out how Freedom Internet New Zealand compares to other Internet Service Providers

False Advertising and bad customer service

I just got a 6 months plan with freedom and apparently the connection are pre installed in my building so i could connect straight away and use the service. to My surprise the share WIFI is very unstable and to get my own modem would take at least 10 days (That is not straight away). Of course if you wanna cancel the service the will charge you a 200 dollar fee for early cancelation and yet the offer a really poor service.

So the phone line never pick up or call you back and the chat service does offer you any solution. I would give the zero star if it were possible

XB82
XB82Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dont know how they are in business!!

Internet has dropped out at least 3 times in the last month and all i have gotten is update by email talking about building outages!

Currently in lockdown working from home so have had to use my phone data on most days as its so unreliable! Doesnt work at all from my bedroom and is extremely slow when i do use it!

Still waiting for them to get back to me from a chat request but yet to hear a word!

Avoid at all costs.

Polly
PollyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

HORRIBLE ! Do not sign up with this internet provider

Internet dropped out during a work meeting.
The 3rd time in a month! Outage for the full working day as well!!
Customer service is horrible, phone consultants don’t even know any!!

Freedom I.Freedom Internet Australia

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Simply the worst.

They have extremely slow and unreliable internet, even slower and unhelpful support, and zero care for customers. Everything is a constant fight and lie with this company, Avoid at all costs.

Never worked

I regularly pay for 5G internet but it keep connects to the 2G, and when I tried to swap it to the 5G, it says “ no internet connection”. Moreover, internet lately hasn’t been working for hours and I just got an email saying “we are working on that” , but I’ve missed an exam due to that! Terrible service

Victor
VictorGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bad Service

Asked the online support about how I could change my own wi-fi password. They said I can't, and it won't work with a third party modem... what a joke for something called FREEDOM INTERNET

matt
mattSouth East Queensland, QLD

Constant Dropouts, outages and calls to support result in nothing but blame to the building

promises of engineer to look at internet and after several outages and constant call drop outs, ive now been told i have to ask my building manager to send an email to upgrade something, yet always charged full monthly price regardless of all the inconvenience. its literally the most inconsistent internet ive had since dial up internet days. Shocking!! When you phone support its just a waste of time and energy.

Freedom I.Freedom Internet Australia

Thank you Jonah, great customer service (online chat), problem solved in a timely manner + real patient. You are great asset of Freedom and really appreciate your assistance :). Will Review once i confirm the speed!

Jo BwatIllawarra, NSW

WiFi sign in process is overcomplicated

Accessing the internet is offered via an insecure shared Wifi. A sign in step is required via a webpage afterwards.
This will:
- make really hard to access internet on an updated Android (security issue with insecure network)
- make it impossible to connect with many smart TV (the sign in page is not accessible)

Highly recommend to avoid this service for above reasons

Great Service & Speeds

I only pay $54 per month and get over 50Mbps.

Also, I had trouble initially signing up but Freedom’s customer service team was able to get me connected in seconds.

I highly recommend!

Love this service

Hi there - i use this company for 24hour wi-fi access and i love them and would highly recommend. Such fast setup and so cheap. Fabulous customer service. They are best.

REX
REXasked
Freedom Internet New Zealand

How do I access wifi router configuration? I wish to change my password. If this isn't possible I'm not comfortable using an un-secure network.

Hi Rex,

Thank you for sending us a message.

Router configuration can only be accessed by our Network Engineers but it is possible to change the Wi-Fi password to something you prefer.

Please send us an email to support@freedominternet.org providing your complete name, building name, unit number and email address registered on your Freedom account and one of the Customer Service Representative can assist you.

Sincerely,
The Freedom Internet Team

PETER R.
PETER R.asked
Freedom Internet New Zealand

How many devices can you connect.

Chopper23
Chopper23

Most of the time none..
It’s hopeless and slow..don’t waste your Money

Justine
Justineasked
Freedom Internet New Zealand

Hi I have freedom Internet connected to my unit at Hi surf It is saying that I am getting full service and it is connected but I am getting no Internet all lights are lit up on my modem and the main ones are solid. How can I fix the problem so that it’s connected because everything seems to be working fine but just no connection?

Freedom I.Freedom Internet Australia

Hi Justine, we're are sorry to hear that your having trouble with the internet service. Please let us know what the account username, email and or voucher number registered on your Freedom account. For immediate assistance you may contact our Support Team by clicking the Chat option at the bottom of our website https://freedominternet.org/ alternatively you can reach our Support Line number through the numbers listed below.
(Australia) +61730673676
(New Zealand) +6492812970

Sincerely,
The Freedom Internet Team

See all Freedom Internet New Zealand questions

Get an answer from our members and Freedom Internet New Zealand representatives

Compare all 3 Freedom Internet New Zealand
CategoryInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service Providers
Standard Monthly Price $59.00$69.00$74.00
Max Download Speed 25 Mbps50 Mbps100 Mbps
Service TypeFibreFibreFibre
Packages AvailableStandaloneStandaloneStandalone
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited
Compare all 3 Freedom Internet New Zealand