Online store and Physical store

See the Best Toys & Game Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kathy

KathySouth East Queensland, QLD

Quirky and unusual games Great service

I rececently bought a dal Rossi chess set and when it was delivered and I unpacked it the base of the game was broken in transit. I had paid insurance as suggested and was glad I did. This was a problem that was not possible for the business to know in advance but thanks to Samuel and Josh at Frontline they resolved the issue by sending a new base. Happy with end result . I like the product and recieved good help.

thanks Kathy review much appreciated

Panos

PanosSydney, NSW

Believe all the bad reviews. They're all true.

Ordered multiple items from these people. Some of which were in stock, some were on backorder, but one item worth $125 had to be sent from another, unaffiliated shop in South Australia. Some of the items were sent to the Shipping Address (my work) which arrived just fine. But, despite my sending them an email to confirm that nothing is to be sent to the Billing Address (home) the item coming from South Australia was sent to the Billing Address instead and left at the front door. I'm sure it was, but it wasn't there when I got home. If these people want to run an online business, then surely simple things like sending goods to the correct address is priority number one. Currently dealing with PayPal to get my money back.

Maverick RC truck

After seeing the maverick blackout online I drove to the store to check it out. I found the product on special which the staff were to eager to pass on to me. All the staff were friendly and always checking to make sure you are being looked after. I will be definitely be shopping there again

Rocketeer

Rocketeer

Beyond Rubbish

narelle s.Frontline Hobbies

we were showing Estes Designer in stock but we have been unable to locate them.We are expecting a big order from Estes in the next couple of days.Sorry about the delay
Narelle Scott

Shocking service

Unable to provide me with a replacement needle for an airbrush I purchased from them, wasted so much money with them, after so many promises, they should not be allowed to sell an item unless they can supply damaged parts. Will not shop there again.

narelle s.Frontline Hobbies

hello there. what brand of airbrush do you need parts for

Woody
Woody

It was a simple hs-80 I was told this make was no longer Available I ordered two on line that day, and will now order all my airbrush stuff this way, and save myself a lot of money and travel time

Ashley L

Ashley LSydney

Fast delivery and great price

Ordered a Mini-Z MR03 through these guys via eBay on Tuesday and had it delivered on Thursday (same week). Item as described at a very good price. This is the second time I have ordered through these guys. SOLID.

Stuart

StuartBallan

Excellent range, Great kit, interstate packaging and service. Thanks..

Read about the trouble with frameworks for the store and decided to buy a kit from them having enjoyed going there in the past on visits to Newcastle. With a diminishing rage of good hobby stores I like to support them when I can. Found a great range, good pieces and excellent service. Will be back certainly and recommend to others

RaySydney

Customer service - left wanting...

I get better customer service at a 7 Eleven petrol station!
Had parts on order for 4 months, not one call or email from Frontline to advise. Don't order online, they take your cash and run to the hills, hiding behind there computer screen. After speaking with the directing manager, I was under the impression I would be at ease once I received confirmation of back ordered items. 3 weeks later, and still no email, phone call, text message.
Largest hobby store - maybe, more like largest egos.

hello Ray
what parts do you have on order?
we are always ready to help
narelle

Lost Customer

I ordered adhesives, polystyrene cement, superglue and zip kicker a month ago. Payment cleared, stock allocated, but haven't seen item ONE since. Sent email which was ignored, rang from interstate and spoke to a staff member who was very polite and apologetic, and put it down to one or two items being unavailable, probably due to the relocation of their business premises and I'd probably have to wait another week? Well, another week and NOTHING! What sort of Hobby Shop can't supply glue??? I've been dealing with Frontline Hobbies for years and have come to expect a lot better service and performance....I will be taking my business elsewhere in future and suggest others do likewise!!

Jon

JonSydney

Ordered and paid for a part. They couldnt supply it or A REFUND OF MY MONEY EITHER

I ordered a part. 1 week later they said they couldnt supply it. I asked when they were going to refund me through paypal they didnt respond. I opened a paypal claim they didnt respond. I had to esculate it to a paypal case
Dont give this company your money

They don't want to honor warranties

This company is a pack of liars. They are rude and offensive and they will do everything to try and always blame the customer when you try and make a warranty claim on their pathetic 3 month warranty for remote control cars (which I am sure is illegal under consumer affairs & trade minimum warranty period regulations). If you have warranty issues with this company I suggest don't accept their automatic blame the customer first policy, never give in to their lies and threaten them with legal action through consumer affairs if need be. Also if you are just looking for a car for a child consider Kmart or Big W as they have a hassle free 12 month replacement warranty on much cheaper remote cars.

Great help & service thanks Ed

Sorted out my new alpha 1000 problem and had me back on the water with a whole new set up great job and I rate the alpha as an insane machine love ya work!.

Wrong parts again

After repeated wrong parts I stipulated the correct model again. They had to order parts and I was not notified of there arrival I had to chase it up. After driving a 100 t klm to where my baja is stored at a friends I pulled the car to pieces to fit new parts before a race meeting to find that once again I still was given wrong parts. Terrible service and pricing I will advise all my hobbies friends not to go there.

Unhelpful customer service

They were not interested in doing any further business with me, I asked if they had any more action figures in stock and the reply was "none that you don't know of" gee thanks for the great customer service!! Won't be buying from there ever again!!! Bye Bye.

SarahG

SarahGSydney

Always given us great service

Over rated (By themselves) Over priced

Staff have no idea what customer service is, but I think they must work under fear by the owner/manager, I was talking to a staff member when the guy comes up and said 'wrap it up if your buying if not basically see you later!!' well I was out of there. Prices are over the top, and you may think they have lots of different items , but a closer look show 10 of he same product. No I won't go back, there are a few other shops in Newcastle, Central Coast or Hornsby, where they know customer service

Over priced

This place should always be a LAST resort. Nitro fuel is cheaper online delivered, RC parts are cheaper online. Just google "hobby store" and only pages from australia and there's plenty of online stores that are better than this place.
If you want to go one step further check out some of the USA hobby sites, much cheaper if you order a few things at once.

expensive, poor customer relations

Looks are not everything

front line hobbies are terrible

they where ok for the 3 orders then not so happy the staff did not know what they were talking about nor did they know if they had the stock in one dude said yeah we do the next said no we dont its just a wrong hobbie store to buy from.

Driftclown

DriftclownADELAIDE

No returns

Brought over $2000 worth of buggy radio and batteries radio gear in one transaction radio gear (dx3s) is faulty 6 months later after returning 3 times and still no exchange/credit/refund. I will never return to this store due to bad experience. Manager/staff have been nothing but rude to me about my simple request to get $300 worth of radio gear that works

Rude/lies

david.phillipsasked

Physical store

Put my RC truck in for repair and was told it would take 2 weeks by Lachlan , after the 2 week period I emailed Frontline to ask when the truck would be ready only to be told by Mark that they needed another part which was on order. Phoned again after another 2 weeks but no-one answered then I emailed and got a reply from Narelle saying that the part would not be arriving until the next Monday and the car would be ready later that week. I left it until the Thursday of that week to again phone up and ask when the car would be ready only to be told again that the part would not be arriving until the next Monday which takes us into 6 weeks that Frontline have had my car for with no guarantee that the part would arrive even tho they are supposed to have a tracking system on parts ordered.
Going in today to pick up my car in the same condition I put it in with as I have had enough of Frontline fobbing me off with lies
A complete joke of a company and a bigger joke of a customer service dept and as per reviews above they are not getting any better and don`t even care about the customer
Would never use them again and will be taking this issue further

narelle s.Frontline Hobbies

A tad unfair. Spare parts for certain RC cars have to be ordered in from the Australian agent in South Australia. Retailers are reliant on good service along the supply chain. The spare part took two weeks to arrive. When fitted it was found the car required an additional part due to a gear strip determined when the car was tested. The new part was ordered and it took another two weeks to arrive. The supplier sent the wrong part! The importer in SA was contacted again for the correct part which brings us to the six weeks in question. Frontline is not to blame for the importer's slow service. From conversations with the importer, the part should be to hand this week.
We have done everything possible to fix the car but rely on third parties to expedite supply and provide the correct parts. It is counter productive to "fob off" customers and we would never do this after 40 years in trading. Colin Scott, owner.

david.phillips

I have a few points I would like to address regarding the situation. Firstly the lack of communication is appalling as we were never informed a second part was ever required.
Secondly was the correct part ordered in the first place?
Thirdly I was informed via email from Narelle the part was arriving Monday 13th, car would be ready later in week, yet again no communication to inform us it had not arrived. I attended the Broadmeadow shop yesterday to then again be told by Lachlan it may arrive Monday/Tuesday 20/21st. I then asked for the car back & was given it in bits and was asked to pay. Had there been effective communication we could have had the option to take elsewhere but were never given that option. I’ll tell you what is a “tad unfair” we have a daughter who looks forward to the Monster Truck on weekends. So we have had to “fob” her off for the last 6 weeks. We can’t see the supplier is fully to blame. After this experience we will never use Frontline Hobbies again.

greg