Fujitsu Lifestyle ASTG09/12/18/22/24KMCA

Very noisy with heating and gurgling sounds

This unit is very good for cooling However it is noisy with refrigerant sounds, which apparently is normal ,and blows warm and cool air around the room Its not suitable for a bedroom unless your used to noises .The new gas ,the r32 does not get warm like the 410 gas does and it doesnt get warm like the r22 did .The old air conditioners were far better ,smaller less Intrusuve in the room, quieter,and warmer in winter and colder in summer .The new technology is noisy and best just for cooling .On the plus side they are economical Very good for hot climates. It's cold here and honestly old fashioned oil heaters were much better and even still a gas heater is much cosier and warmer than the air conditioner ,and almost totally silent But gas is expensive.Wood fires were the nicest of all and coal was great

Purchased in October 2018.

Hi Kane, Thank you for taking the time to place your comment and ratings on Product Review. With all air conditioning systems, the indoor emits noise when operating which is stated on the side of the machine and all technical literature. Newer machines control the temperature far better than older machines and going off what you have explained, it sounds as if the older machine was overshooting the set temperature meaning it would heat the room past the set temperature. If you feel that the room temperature is not as warm as you would like, simply adjust the remote controller temperature up which will give the same effect. Due to energy standards air conditioners have to meet today, indoor units have generally increased in size to meet these guidelines and as you have pointed out, they are now cheaper to run. Newer refrigerants have been developed as their global warming potential is lower than the older refrigerants which have also increased efficiency and as part of government guidelines, the older refrigerants can no longer be used in new systems. We appreciate your feedback which will be used for future improvements. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions and we will do our best to assist you.

Awesome Aircon

Personally I'm happy with this Aircon. The size is not too big so it fits great in my small bedroom. It is quite and the breeze keeps me cool during the hottest summer. If you haven't used it for a while it might blow an unpleasant odor when you turn it back on for the first few seconds. However, in spite of that, this Aircon is great and good value for money.

Purchased in December 2017 at Appliance Central for $755.00.

Home Insulation Level Not sure
Room Type Small Bedroom
Hi Christianyonas, Thank you for placing your rating and comments on Product Review. Your custom and feedback is important to us. We are delighted to hear you are pleased with your purchase of your Fujitsu Air Conditioning Unit and this has kept you cool during this hot season. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions and we will do our best to assist you.

LOVE THE AIRCON

This air con is much better then my previous one.
Love it.
My previous air con broke and i purchased this fujitsu one. And its fantastic.
So far it has been very hot in queensland and this air con is cooling my family down easily.
It has a function where you can turn the aircon on from your phone.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,429.00.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Living/Dining Area
Hi Mina, Thank you for taking the time to place your rating and comments on Product Review. Your custom and feedback is important to us. We are delighted you are pleased with your Fujitsu ASTG22KMCA during this hot season.

Faultless.

We LOVE this air conditioner. Perfect for the bedroom as its so quiet, and with lots of great settings including Powerful which cools the space in minutes even if its 40 deg C. The heating during winter was also great but being in Qld not as vital as the cooling.

Purchased in February 2018 at Supplied by fitter for $650.00.

Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Large Bedroom
Hi Lyn, Thank you for taking the time to place your comment and rating on Product Review. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your Fujitsu AirConditioning during this hot season. Please don't hesitate to contact us should you have any questions and we will do our best to assist you. Tel: 1300 364 484.No worries. We are SO happy when a product meets or exceeds our expectations cos believe me, its not that common.

Quiet, efficient and flexible

This Fujitsu Reverse cycle split system is fantastic. It is quiet but quickly cools the large bedroom/ensuite/walk-in robe area. It can be run as fully automatic based on the temperature set and will either cool or heat but can also be run manually based on settings input by user. Everything is done by the remote control.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi David, Thank you for taking the time to place your comment and rating on Product Review, your custom and feedback is important to us. We are delighted to hear you are pleased with your Fujitsu reverse cycle split system, especially during this very hot season. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions and we will do our best to assist you.

Great cold breeze

I have recently purchased x2 split systems and they are great within matter of 5 minutes Yukon can feel the difference in the cool breeze. It's extremely powerful and the cold travels well. Definitely recommend 2.5kw is great for main bedroom and 5kw for a big living space is great

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Sema, Thank you for placing your comment and rating on Product Review. Your custom and feedback is important to us. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your Fujitsu ASTG18KMCA especially during this hot season. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions and we will do our best to assist

Great A/C very economical

i'm very happy with this air conditioner, its costs very little to run, functions very quietly and very effective. the only improvement could be a backlight on the remote control.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Large Bedroom

not happy at all with that unit.

I did the wrong thing to replace my 10 year old Kelvinator with the 7.1 Fujitsu, it is working flat out all day but the house is still hot 30 degrees. The installer replaced the gas, it was ok for 2 weeks. I rang the installer again, I was told to ring Fujitsu.The Fujitsu technician who spent several hours fixing and re gassing the outside unit. Still not cooling the house. Not happy at all with Fujitsu products.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

GREAT COOLING

Fairly quiet unit for single bedroom. Keeps room very comfortable even on the hottest of days. Only disappointment it doesn’t have side ways swing, only up and down. Had small issue in beginning but Fujitsu came straight out and helped me. So great customer service. Plenty of fan speeds and can set a times for it to go on and off. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Karen, Thank you for taking the time to place your comment on Product Review. Your custom and feedback is important to us. We are delighted to hear you are pleased with the cooling of your Fujitsu ASTG09KMCA and you have received excellent customer service from our Service Team. Should you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to assist you.

Fujitsu C2.5KW/H3.2KW Split AirCon System 5☆'s

Fantastic and Great for Extremely Hot and Humid 44.7°C Days, Controls are Easy and Simple to Use, and, and Very Quiet and Energy Efficient using only 500Watts, or 1kWh of Power Every 2 Hrs, the External Outside Compressor Unit is Nice and Compact, and the Fujitsu AirCons has a Very Moderate Sized Cooling Fan to Disburse the Heat Away from the Outside Compressor Unit, and Needs Just 12 monthly Cleaning of Head Units Dust Filters and Comes with 5 Yrs Fujitsu Unconditional Warranty

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Jeffrey, Thank you for placing your comments on Product Review. Your custom and feedback is important to us. We are delighted to hear you are so pleased with your Fujitsu ASTG09KMCA.

Not as I expected

I must say my experience with Fujitsu assist hasn't been the best. I am even in doubt now with the quality of the product.

Unit was installed in November 2018. Early December I requested Fujitsu to inspect as unit produced musty smell throughout the night and temperature increased by itself (even without the human sensor on). I was promised by someone from Fujitsu Assist that we would be contacted first week of Jan as no one was available. 1st week of Jan ended, no one contacted us, we had to contact them.

In second week of Jan, someone came and had a look, he said he would come back and do something so that the smell would go away. Now 2 weeks after, smell still exists, temperature still increases (as if the human sensor is turned on), but still no follow up, no phone call. The lady on the customer service call centre was not exactly friendly either.

We just want clarity and help, I don't think a simple phone call and an explanation is that hard. Air cons are not cheap for some people. We would like to have a feeling that it has been a smart investment, but so far we haven't. I guess next time we will stick with the senior players, such as Panasonic or Daikin.

Date PurchasedNov 2019
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Product Review. Please be assured your custom and feedback is important to us. We are sorry to hear of your experience especially during this extremely hot season. Please kindly private message your contact details and address so we can immediately investigate your situation and do our best to assist you.

Perfect. Words cannot describe it

This is the best air conditioner ever. It cools our whole 3 bedroom house. We run it 24/7 during great heat waves. Its been left on 3 days in a row a couple times. But it never misses a beat! I sleep so well with it on.
And lately in Adelaide its been in the mid 40s. The other day it was 48 degrees. And this aircon kept us safe and cool.
When we were shopping for this aircon we looked at its competitors. But im glad we picked the fujitsu. I love that it has the powerful option, which has come in handy during renovations and the great heat. Dont know how we got by without it. Best thing ever!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Hi Lory, Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Product Review. Your custom and feedback is important to us. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your Fujitsu Airconditioning and it definitely makes a big difference especially in this great heat. Stay cool, and keep enjoying your Fujitsu ASTG24KMCA.

It does not work at all --- caveate emptor

Long wait for installation from 8th to 20th December 2018. Has never worked since testing by installer. Installer came back and could not fix the problem. Still waiting for the Fujitsu service person to come and repair it. Current temperature in the 40cs. Not much fun for a machine manufactured by a company that claims to be the most trusted in their industry. CAVEATE EMPTOR.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Lord C, I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Usually, new installations are warrantied by the installer for a year and they return to resolve any issues. If you would like to call our Service Manager on 1300 658 840 and quote reference 396374 we will be happy to discuss this further with you.As already stated in original post, the installer returned promptly and inspected the air conditioner and declared it was not an installation problem but that the the unit itself is faulty. Your authorised technicians have been contacted by both Harvey Norman and the installation company with no result. We are happy to use this forum to continue discussing with you an urgent solution to this problem.Hi LordC, Thank you for your reply, in regards to your comments please privately message us your contact and address details so we can urgently investigate your situation.

Pretty good

Purchased a Fujitsu air con and it dose a pretty good job. I love the sleep function on the air con as it mean I can leave it on when I’m in bed but not have to leave it running for the whole night. I would strongly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Mark, Thank you for taking the time to place your comment on Product Review. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying the sleep function on your ASTG18KMCA. Your custom and feedback is important to us. Should you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to assist you. Free Toll 1300 364 484.

Fujitsu 7.1Kw Air Conditioner is great

I purchased a Fujitsu 7.1Kw split system Air Conditioner in December 2018 from Ace Cooling & Heating and have found it is perfect for the living, dining and kitchen area in my house.
I have also used it with 2x bedroom doors open and it was effective cooling such a large space.
It coped with the 40° plus days we recently had and I believe it is very energy efficient.
I checked my Energy Account online and the Smart Meter indicated on the hottest days my Electricity usage was perhaps twice what was normally used but this was calculated at $2.57/day for the entire house - a small price to pay for comfort on such hot days.
The unit is quiet even on the highest settings and the external unit is extremely quiet and will cause no problems to my neighbours (unlike the roof mounted evaporative system 3 doors away that sounds like a truck engine!).
The instructions for programming the timer took a bit of learning but there are multiple settings available and when set on "Auto" it maintains the set temperature accurately.
As it is reverse cycle system I will be interested to see how it performs as a heater during winter.
George from Ace Heating & Cooling said the Fujitsu system will use less energy than the ducted gas system thru the house (Domestic Gas seems more expensive than electricity which probably why Gas bills come every 2 months and Electricity is every 3 months so the Gas Bill doesn't seem so high!!).
George did a very clean, professional, competitively priced job and explained the system use to me well.
He was recommended to me by my neighbour who had used him for several A/C installations.
I would recommend him and the Fujitsu 7.1Kw Air Conditioner for any home owner.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Pete, Thank you for your feedback that you have provided on Product Review. We are happy to hear you are happy with your air conditioning purchase.

Love it!

Cools the entire dining living and kitchen so fast. So many settings to choose from. Not noisy - very efficient. Tad bit chunky but sleek design. Been using during heat waves of 38deg and it’s just amazing. Being 7.1kw it can handle a large area so well, I set it to 25deg and it’s more than enough. I recently had it on for 8 hours straight during heat wave with no probs, does what it’s meant to without a worry. Best investment

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Afrah A, Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Product Review. We are delighted to hear your Fujitsu ASTG24KMCA is working to your satisfaction. Should you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to assist you.

Horrible remote control

Well it heats and cools as it should but the most important part (the remote is absolutely horrible). It’s cumbersome and (this is the part that’s hard to understand) the there no backlight! So, for a aircon that is used in a bedroom you have to turn the lights on in the night to adjust the settings! Good luck getting the timer to work. It’s complicated and you will need to practice. Instructions are vague or inaccurate as I had to deviate from what my interpretation was to get the timer to work. My 20 year old LG aircon had very simple timer and back light. It’s not rocket science and you would expect a reputable brand to get it right. I suggest that Fujitsu should find new engineers and develop more user friendly devices.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Valued Customer, Thank you for placing your comments on Product Review. Your custom and feedback is important to us. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your remote control. Please be advised the remote control you have doesn't have a back light as previously discussed. This feedback will be forwarded for future improvements. Please contact our Technical support team who will happily talk through the remote control instructions with you, and they will do their best to assist any further questions you have. Free Toll Tel 1300364 484 and ask for Tech support. They return to the office on Wednesday 2nd January.Thank you for your response please advise if I can purchase an alternate remote with back light or a universal remote that will operate the units.Hi You can purchase the backlit wired controller is a UTY-RVNYN and the communication kit UT-XCBZ2. These items can be purchased from any of our Auhorised Dealers which can be found on our website under stockists - https://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/find-a-stockist.

B Warned

Do not fall for Fujitsu money back offers they will do everything they can not to pay you Daikin is more reputable company. We were told by the installer that we would get a $400 money back and even though they put on their invoice that we had paid Fujitsu would not pay.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
HI Sug, Thank you for providing your feedback. We have terms and conditions for all of our promotions. If you meet these conditions we will always honour them. Our promotions have purchase periods and claim periods as well as criteria on who is eligible. If you would like to discuss this further with our team members please contact us on 1300 364 484.

three months in, we're very happy with our purchase

This unit has done very well for us for both heating and cooling, and it runs fairly quietly indoors. I am very sensitive to sound, and even with external unit is right outside my bedroom, other than during the initial warm up phase, I haven't had any trouble with the noise level.

It both heats and cools our home well, and hasn't been at all expensive to run.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Feefo, Thank you for placing your comments on Product Review. Your custom and feedback is important to us. We are delighted to hear your Fujitsu ASTG24KMCA has been working well and to a high standard within the noise levels. Should you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to assist you.

Only 6 months old and need service call - Warranty

I purchased 5 of these Fujitsu Split systems and already have an issue with the one in our bedroom trying to constantly close the flaps on inside unit even though they are closed. Called Fujitsu to request warranty and was told there is no available appointments for 3 weeks. Has anyone else in Melbourne experienced this, any suggestions? I find it frustrating it needs repairs but more frustrated at the lack of service.

Date PurchasedMay 2018