Online, Branches

2.1

B-rad

B-rad Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic Service and Competitive Rates

I can not recommend G&C highly enough! We applied for a home loan and were pre-approved within a very reasonable time frame. We initially started to apply through one of the big 4, but changed course after a phone call with Teresa from the Home Loans team. We secured a great rate, and were always kept informed of the progress of our application. The customer service provided by Teresa and the G&C team was of an extremely high standard and I can not thank them enough. Being a small lender they provide a personal touch. What G&C lacks in branch locations it makes up for in exceptional service and competitive rates.

Unhappy

UnhappySydney, NSW

Avoid

I was previously a very happy Quay CU customer, they could never do enough for you. Since the acquisition I have seen the service level deteriorate to me now shopping for a new bank. Their credit cards do not allow you to book tickets without contacting them first, they only partially pass on interest rate cuts and on attempting to increase my home loan significantly for a new property it took 3 emails and a phone call just to get a response
In today's competitive environment they need to be better

GCMB M.G&C Mutual Bank

We are sorry that you have been dissatisfied with the service you have received. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail.

Krin

KrinSydney, NSW

So disappointing

Joined G&C as investor fixed loan and have had a truly terrible experience coming off fixed loans. I have registered a dispute and will update this post thereafter according to the outcome.

GCMB M.G&C Mutual Bank

Hi Krin, thank you for your feedback! We're very pleased to hear how happy you are with G&C Mutual Bank's products and services. As a member-owned bank, we strive to go above and beyond for our members. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Banks

Find out how G&C Mutual Bank compares to other Banks

Rick

RickMenai

Disgusting bank

The bank charges you $50 if you are in debit a cent
Disgusting
When you phone them they have not sympathetic

Reeviewah

ReeviewahCanberra 2600, ACT

Fee creep

Started out with a Quay credit card because they had great interest rates. As seems to be the case with a lot of these small credit unions, it got bought out by G&C Mutual who slowly lifted the fees to the point where it was a lot cheaper going with a major bank. I have no idea what goes through the heads of the exec in these companies as they must realise they'll lose customers. Anyway they lost me.

cher

cherSydney, NSW

Don't deal with these take over kings

Was SGECU with a home loan and all accounts with them..GREAT..easy to deal with good staff. Paid off our mortgage, no longer can see anything about home loan as all gone GREAT. Please return title deeds to house, OK, I knew there was a fee but $650 is too high. Require a letter to say mortgage is paid, don't know if I can do that without $650. HELP

fang

fangmelb

high fees, ordinary customer service

High fees, customer service ordinary, just about every time I've had to contact them about something, there's been a stuff_-up. Been with them many years, nothing but high fees and pitifully small amounts of interest. No advantage to being with a credit union whatsoever, if anything fees are as bad and service is worse.

high fees, ordinary customer service