Gaggia Classic

Gaggia Classic

See the Best Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Gaggia

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
Greg
GregSydney, NSW

This is a great machine - not perfect though

BillSydney, NSW

Be Warned before you buy

Very disappointed with this machine. So disappointed that we had our trusty 12 year old Sunbeam Cafe series, repaired and will dispose of the Gaggia Classic. The machine is so small that you can only get the smallest cup under the filter. Don't even think of trying to use a mug or the new double wall glass cups. They just don't fit under the filter. We tried to avoid buying Chinese made, so went with Gaggia, but this machine is not the one for us.

Purchased in at Barista Warehouse for $799.

Smooch100
Smooch100Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome coffee machine!

LOVE this machine, makes awesome coffee, easy to use and clean! Just don’t expect to get the perfect cup right away, took us a few goes after we purchased it and some practice. You definitely need to invest in a good grinder, or can get your ground beans from a local cafe. The steam wand is amazing, steams/froths the milk quickly and really well, and easy to clean. Also make sure you use the right tamping pressure to compact your coffee. We bought a new stainless steel coffee tamper as the one that comes in the box is a small plastic one. Overall, we’re happy with this purchase, the quality of the coffee is perfect and well worth the money spent.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman.

reiBee
reiBee

Great home machine

We bought this machine in June 2020 and it's going great. Neither of us were coffee experts but we've picked it up pretty easily, this machine makes it simple enough.

Purchased in at Appliances Online for $646.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Gaggia Classic compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Rorted
RortedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best household appliance I have ever owned.

The one possession that's been with me for 20 years. Coffee as good as it gets. gets used almost every day. parts are available and cheap if necessary, Worth every cent, wish all appliances were this good again.

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores for $600.

jaseaway
jaseawaySydney, NSW

Great home coffee machine with some tweeking

I bought my Gaggia second hand from a very disappointed owner that only had it a few months. At first I could see her frustration this simple machine is not just a press of a button and her comes a perfect espresso. I had to play with the beans and grinds to get the correct flow and even had to replace my cheap grinder with a good one.
After many years of service it is still producing excellent morning coffees and well worth the time and investment of new grinder.

Purchased in for $300.

Sam T.
Sam T.Illawarra, NSW

Keep saving up and buy a good machine for a bit more $

Went from the Saeco Via Venezia to this and they are world's apart. Within the first year of owning the machine, it needed a $100 of maintenance not covered by any warranty. The grind required for the coffee is very fine or it makes a weak coffee. The space between the arm and the base is too small for a standard mug so you have to take the tray out.
Took up all these with the imported to be told that these were all choices that I should have considered and really not interested.
My advise, save up a bit more than the $700 for this machine and get a good machine that is reliable.

Purchased in for $700.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
M K.
M K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing

Product is used Daily
Khuntella
Khuntella

This machine is simple, and entirey appropriate technology for a good macchiato

Purchased in at Myer Online Store for $499.

migo33
migo33Sydney, NSW

Durable, affordable espresso machine

I have a 2004 Gaggia classic and with the right maintenance routine it will last forever. Parts are relatively cheap and easy to replace. The only reason not to get good espresso from this machine are bad coffee bins and grinder.

Philips S.GaggiaSend a private message

A great starting espresso maker with a few minor setbacks

The Gaggia Classic is a easy machine to use and very forgiving. I have used many different kinds of beans in this machine and as long as the grind of the coffee is right, I am usually satisfied.
It is quite easy to use although it is a little clunky because of its size. I find myself having to negotiate the espresso cup under the portafilter to avoid spilling the coffee. Also the tamper is a little flimsy and is too small for the portafilter (easy fix, just buy a decent tamper). Cleaning isn't an issue.
I have had it for a little over a year and I am quite impressed with this device. I hope to have it for many more years to come.

Philips S.GaggiaSend a private message

We're very happy to hear to that you're well impressed with the Gaggia Classic, Nostrodamus! We really appreciate your feedback, thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Simon i
Simon iTerrigal

Amazing
Have 2, one at home, one at work.
Make excellent coffe, better than you can buy most of the time.
Combine with a good grinder and it’s one of the best things you’ll ever buy
Can’t fault it
Very very very very very good

Buddy
BuddyGeelong

I love my classic....

Had the machine 12 years. No real learning curve.. once you get the beans and grind of your desire, you'll want all your coffees made from a classic..
Cleaning is easy. Not sure if overflow pipe has been threaded since I purchased mine but it easily pulls out to allow resovoir tank access for cleaning.. Shower head only thing that needs a tool and in 12 years I've taken off twice to clean the holes (I'd advise to do more regularly, lol)..
the water pump has just gone on mine and again this machine shines, with everything inside easily disconnected with replaceable parts.. after a while you realise your in a secret club, only classic owners know the coffee that this machine can produce. Is there a fan club?

Go_Hawkers
Go_Hawkersmelbourne

Excellent Coffee Every Day

If you love coffee you already know Gaggia and you might know about this machine too. It's the brilliant baby Gaggia and its sits in pride of place in our kitchen. I use it every day and am always interested in trying new roasters. This develops the real power you need to get a proper espresso extraction but you also need to have the touch and skill loading the basket just right, to get top results..I clean it after every coffee to keep it taint free - if you look after your equipment, it will look after you. It is solidly made and I expect to own ity for many years to come

Alex R
Alex RSydney, NSW

Handy little thing, hard to clean

jill
jillasked

bought a gaggia classic 4 weeks ago & still trying to make froth for our cappachino, cant do it, very annoying, any tips, we have looked at youtube & manual, disappointed our last coffee machine, not gaggia, had lots froth, help ????

jill
jillasked

JCI
JCIasked

We’ve had our Gaggia Classic for about eight months having previously owned a Saeco Via Venezia for 10 years. We’re very disappointed with the Gaggia as we’re unable to achieve the right consistency of milk to create a successful flat white. We’ve tried everything we can think of, including watching tutorials on how to heat the milk, all to no avail. We didn’t have a problem with our previous machine.
I note that the Pannarello from the Saeco is said to fit a Gaggia Classic, but the one from our previous Saeco certainly doesn’t fit our Gaggia wand, so no luck there either, if we want to go down that avenue. Also, the Gaggia seems to be very touchy about the amount of grind the beans have.

Philips S.GaggiaSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Gaggia representatives

CategorySemi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines