Garmin

Garmin

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (9) · No (30)

Garmin Vivosmart - where to start?

Garmin Vivosmart - where to start? Product won't stay connected to phone. Product doesn't counts steps accurately and when I contacted Garmin they took weeks to respond. Eventually after a month, Garmin finally sent an 8 step troubleshooting guide and even after doing this the product still won't count steps accurately. It is now three months after complaint lodged and no resolution provided.
Fitbit have better products which do what is advertised, a good customer service system and they are more reasonably priced.
Don't waste your money on Garmin!

Product PurchasedGarmin Vivosmart 4

Best Customer service

Garmin is so much better than other companies. Their running watches are awesome with a varied amount of colors. You can find their products on numerous platforms (I used Amazon). I bought the garmin forerunner 25 And when my watch messed up, twice i contacted them and twice they sent me free stuff. The first time my band broke and they sent me a new one. The second time my charging cable broke and they are going to send me a new one. Great customer service!!

Shrimp

ShrimpSouth East Queensland, QLD

Faulty product and terrible customer service

Purchased a new vivoactive 3. Several functions worked intermittently from first use. Contacted the Garmin support service via the Garmin website. The chat function is always busy so you can only email them. Responses take a week. They respond with information that is already on the website instead of diagnosing the issue. They closed out my ticket without a resolution and ended the email with do not reply.

Mick

MickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

S 62 Cant believe how much fun this product is

Product PurchasedGarmin Approach S62
Justin T.

Justin T.Mid North Coast, NSW

Outstanding service, I will always buy Garmin!

What a fantastic company!
I have had a Garmin S40 watch for 18 months, One day for no reason a spot displayed on my screen. I simply took a photo of the watch face and emailed the company of the problem within 48 Hours they emailed me back. Asking no question but to just simply mail the watch back to them as they have just mailed a new one out.
What a company. Products break and have defects but if this is how they look after the customer in their after care, I will be buying their products all of the time.

Great work and thankyou

Product PurchasedTacx Vortex Smart Trainer
Jessica Canino

Jessica CaninoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

GARMIN HACKED I DONT EVEN KNOW IF I WILL BE REIMBURSED

I purchased a fit bit band replacement for my daughter as these bands are known to snap and hers did. I paid $60, have waited a month with no product and no proper tracking sent. I have emailed Garmin through various avenues with no response. My daughter is so upset and now we will have to pay hundreds instead of just $60 to buy her a new fit bit all together. Just don't buy their fit bits, the bands break, you cannot buy replacements, and will lose your money!!

Product Purchasedgarmin fit bit band
rafraf

rafraf

Once fantastic, now abysmal

Product PurchasedGarmin Fenix 3
Ads

AdsVictoria

Garmin epix

Bulky which is not and issue, battery was impressive if you turn all the functions off, the map updates are waste of money, do not use it a turn by turn navigation for sure

SURESH

SURESHSYDNEY

Universal Mount nuvi 2013 (010-11983-02)

This is the amount that comes with the navigation kit. This product is so bad that I have to keep buying this every year. Easily not available items in Australia. If the product is available it is $12 for the mount and shipping is $15 so it sums up to $27 for the amount. I asked the company and they said not sure about it. we hardly remove the navigation from the mount to set address, if that is the case why this keeps breaking every year. Bad product, worst quality.

Do not recommend the Vivoactive 4s

I brought a Vivoactice 4s and it lasted a month and a half. The battery had stopped working. So I took back to JB HI FI and got another one thinking it was just a dud. As I had been extremely careful with it and it was well looked after. Well I’ve had my new one nearly 2 weeks and it’s starting to play up, saying I reached over my goal with climbing stairs and doing over 10k steps when I was sitting down not even moving and it was freezing and doing it’s own thing. I tried trying it off and on and it’s still playing up. Definitely DO NOT recommend the vivoactive 4s

Product PurchasedGarmin Vivoactive 4S

Only good for a few years

My wife bought for me a NUVI 2797LM about 5 years ago when we lived in the US. I have had it to a Technician to have AUS maps downloaded and was told the device will not connect to a computer. I rang Garmin AUS and was simple told that it is obsolete and to go buy a new one. I won't buy another Garmin if they only have a limited life span.

Sean

SeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hacked by ransomware group. Not telling customers.

As of 25 July 2020 Garmin servers have been hacked. Those responsible have demanded 10 million in order to remove the ransomware. Garmin users can not access their information, contact Garmin and may have had data stolen. Garmin is not going public. Third party reports Have instead revealed the issue. Garmin only days that they are down for maintenance. Not true. Garmin you will lose far more than 10 million is lost trust and lost customers due to your response.

Product PurchasedGarmin Approach X40
colin

colinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible purchase experience & zero communication

DMR

DMRSydney Surrounds, NSW

4 weeks to receive an order

Product PurchasedGarmin Fenix

Pieter

PieterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible customer service and sales support

Product PurchasedGFL10

Bad customer service experience

After a software update forced by Garmin last week, my Edge 820 hasn’t been able to pair with my phone. I tried all of the steps on the help section of the app - multiple times. I called customer support. The gentleman told me no technician was available and no one would help me on the phone. I asked him the purpose of a customer support number and he hung up on me. Wow .

Chris H

Chris HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bluetooth does not operate consistently

I have a Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music and can report that it frequently drops out of the Bluetooth connection to my phone. Contact with Garmin has not been responded to. It is really annoying to have to keep turning the watch off and on again. If done wrong it loses all data for that day. I would not buy a Garmin again. $400+ for a watch that doesn’t do what it should.

ElBow

ElBowSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service from Garmin AU

My daughter's vivofit jr 2 was three months out of its 12 month warranty when we started to have trouble with battery issues - from battery drain to then not responding to a new battery at all. I spoke to Richard and without any drama I was told that we'd receive a replacement and was given very clear instructions about returning the faulty component etc. Everything happened smoothly and efficiently and I'm extremely pleased with Garmin's customer service.

Alpha Bravo

Alpha BravoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Garmin Vivoactive...don't buy it.

Bought a Garmin Viviactive3 watch. Looks good and functions on your wrist as expected however pairing and synching to you phone...forget it, absolutely terrible. Paired eventually to my Samsung J2 but would never synch thereafter. Thought it might be the phone so paired with my wife's Apple 8...same result. Called the service centre and they told me to do what is already tried 3 or 4 times already...ie restart phone, restart connect app, delete and reload connect app etc. Read blogs and this isn't isolated. Until this is fixed by Garmin do not buy this product. I was very disappointed. Ended up buying a Fit bit watch...awesome, paired straight away and synchs every time. Love it. JB HI FI exchanged/refunded straight away.

Product PurchasedVivoactive3