Garmin

Garmin

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (6) · No (16)

Complete refurbished Vivoactive HR after 2.5 years

Product PurchasedGarmin Vivoactive HR

simon

simonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

very dissapointed

got a Forerunner Garmin for christmas
never really worked well connecting to my phone. Never got the music working. Most activities didn't upload
Then I notice the screen is cracked!!!!

The response from GArmin was that it was my fault and I must have damaged the watch!!!!

2 weeks partial use for $600 and both GArmin and Rebel sport wash their hands of the problem

Justin B

Justin BGold Coast

Out of warranty but still replaced a part

I asked my wife to remove my Garmin echo 551 from its cradle. She used sufficient force to see if the clip would bend 180 degrees and not snap. Unfortunately it did snap. Contacted Garmin to replace the cradle. They do not sell the cradle separately but said and did replace the complete mounting kit. Had the Echo a few years so very appreciated and unexpected. I highly recommend the product, often use it in around 100m of water and works great. My handheld GPS is a cheap Garmin and still going strong after 10 years

Rae

RaeSouth West, WA

Custom service amazing

The watch band was breaking after 18 months and with out a second thought Garmin replaced it for a new watch in no time Thank you to your team very impressed

Kevin

KevinSydney, NSW

Excellent service

Battery would not charge, emailed Garmin and was advised to send it back to them, my forerunner 35 which was 3 years old was replaced with a refurbished Garmin , which is like new
Fantastic Service, Garmin are the best and would buy nothing else
Kevin

Todd H.

Todd H.South East Queensland, QLD

Utterly useless both the scale and Garmin Customer service.

No Wifi connection. No customer service response. No help and no returns. A completely frustrating experience. The scale does not work. Utterly useless both the scale and Garmin Customer service. It is just a big paperweight. Do not buy this.

Rein

ReinSydney, NSW

Fantastic customer service

We have purchased a few different models of the Garmin Vivofit and I must say if I have had any queries or needed extra bands this company have always looked after us as customers. I feel confident when I call knowing Garmin Will do their best to look after us and provide outstanding customer service.

Product PurchasedGarmin Vivofit Jr 2

Anon

AnonPerth, WA

Product good, but terrible customer service from Garmin.

The product itself is fine (Vivofit Jnr) - however I won't ever buy anything from Garmin again.
Be aware that when you register your product, they will pester you with emails and there is no opt-out option. You cannot reply to their emails, there is no 'unsubscribe' link (is that legal???) and the link to the 'contact us' is broken.
I have tried messaging them on facebook and my message was ignored.
Won't ever be buying Garmin products again.
If you do register your product with garmin, be sure to give a false email address.
Wish I'd seen these reviews on Garmin's terrible customer service prior to buying.

Suzi

SuziWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Good GPS

I like the larger size and clarity. Good download speed. Pretty easy to use. Not as good as my original one, but that was small and harder to read. I haven't used all the features yet, but so far I am happy agin!

Claire

Claire

Worst Customer Service - 5 weeks and I still have not received my product

Spent $650 on a birthday present for my partner. It has been 5 weeks and I have not received my order-meaning I didn't have a gift for his birthday. They can't provide any relevant information to me. Australia Post have not contacted me so I know it has not been sent. Customer Service do not respond for days on end and it is a 4o minute wait on the phone. I am so disappointed as I don't spend this amount of money on products often & I expected the Garmin brand to be much better.

Product PurchasedGarmin Forerunner 645 Music

Customer service is alive and well with Garmin!

I had an issue with my GPS which could have been my fault. Garmin fixed it immediately and as I needed the GPS before the weekend they sent it to me overnight. Very happy (and grateful) with the assistance they have provided. Happy customer!

Product PurchasedGPSMAP64ST

MrsBow

MrsBowSouth East Queensland, QLD

Falls short

Vivoactive 3 music

Bought after my Fitbit died.
Completely inaccurate with sleep, Fitbit was spot on.
Auto recognize activities don’t often show up whereas Fitbit was psychic.
Both are a pain in the A to manage music but work well once it’s accomplished.
Everything else as it should be.

Product PurchasedGarmin Vivoactive 3

Kenneth

KennethSydney, NSW

Total lack of support, they can't even be bothered to read messages sent to them.

I was unable to change my email address on their website, so I sent an enquiry about it.

In reply, I received a link to their page about restoring lost passwords! I didn't even mention the word password in any part of my enquiry. They just don't care, they obviously have a number of pre-packaged replies, and this one came closest.

Product Purchasednuvi1450T

Exceptional customer service

I have owned a 'vivosmart hr' fitness tracker for 2 years initially because the product reviews for Garmin fitness trackers are much better than for fitbit trackers.
Recently, after 2 years, one of the bands broke. I was happy to pay for the replacement myself, as I knew that the issue was outside of the warranty period.t
I contacted Garmin and they said they will fix it for me free of charge! I have sent the fitness tracker in and they sent it back to me in record time. Not only with the broken band replaced, but with both bands replaced!

I certainly did not expect that. Thank you very much Garmin

Product PurchasedGarmin Vivosmart HR

DenzoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't get map updates.

I contacted Garman to have the latest update of maps for my GPS. During the process I was advised that I don't have suitable security in my laptop. This resulted in a purchase of a one year subscription of Norton antivirus. The price paid was well in access of what was on the Norton website.
Here is the clincher, I was advised a serial number and a product code, these numbers were not recognised by Norton when I tried to download the product. I did manage to have the maps updated, however I still don't have the Norton antivirus I paid for.

Denzo

I forgot to add that the Norton software was purchased from the Garmin representative I was talking to re the map updates

Jas

JasVictoria

Worst platform, out of date and incorrect. No customer service or care given. Do not buy.

Speed zones wrong, fixed cameras not correct. No replies to queries. Absolute rubbish.
Selling and getting a TomTom again.
Slow, Alerts are a lot quieter than the voice and not separately adjustable.

van

vanCentral Queensland, QLD

BAD SOFTWARE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Brazen

BrazenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Garmin Fenix 5

Best device I’ve ever purchased.

Changed my life.

Would highly recommend for anyone who wants to track Exercise, Diet, Sleep and Heart rate.

Absolutely amazing .. can change faces to suit your mood.

Steve

Product PurchasedGarmin Fenix 5

Greg

GregSouthwest, VIC

Garmin Vivoactive 3

The Garmin Vivoactive 3 was the replacement model offered by Rebel Sport, because my $400 Garmin Vivoactive leaked and didn't work. The GPS is inaccurate and Garmin are poor manufacturers.

Product PurchasedGarmin Vivoactive 3

tonyxx

tonyxx

Garmin 735XT and fenix 5s plus

First experience with 735XT was positive for a warch bought in 2016.However during one of my swim few weeks ago (2 years and 6 months) it went full of water and game over. So I decided to upgrade to fenix 5s plus 800$ worth of watch. I can't be more disappointed and see that after 3 years basically the technology went backwards, the battery drain out after 4 days only, the garmin pay requires randomly Pin at transactions which is really frustrating for you and people waiting for you to play with the PIN. HR sensor still grossly imprecise. Maps hard to use as it extremely small. I would not repeat.