Gearbest

Gearbest

4.0 from 1,456 reviews

Stay Away!

I ordered a camera which was listed as in stock and a memory card. Card arrived promptly but when camera didn't arrive on time they said it was out of stock and would be another two weeks before they received them. They told me this 4 times and meanwhile their listing continued to state it was in stock. After being late by more than 2 months I asked for a refund. They refunded less than the camera cost I paid plus kept the full insurance and shipping costs. I could not convince them they should refund all costs except the cost of the card. They also seem to be deducting currency exchange fees. Poor communication, only possible by Messenger. Some staff obviously barely understand English. Very frustrating. Do not ever buy from Gearbest.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Swift delivery, good value, good products!

First bought from these guys a few years back, and have since placed many orders. Great range of products, and quick & cheap delivery. Remember that people are more motivated by anger than by satisfaction (negativity bias)- so you'll probably read bad reviews here. I can vouch for the quality, price and speed of delivery for this company. 10/10

Context - bought several Baofeng VHF radios, some other electronics, an LED backpack, and some sailing wall PVC stickers.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Never ever try it again!

I ordered a screen protector and wait for a long time to get it! But, it was broken and the didn't refund my all money. I even pay for shipping insurance!! it was a terrible experience with this guys and won't do it again. Never recommend it to anyone!

Would not recommend buying from them. If you have any issues they will not offer any remedy.

I purchased a drone which was faulty on arrival - would not record. Gearbest are a nightmare the deal with and even though I am entitled under consumer law to a refund they are refusing to do anything. Currently have a paypal disputed open. Would not recommend buying from them. If you have any issues they will not offer a remedy.

Never use

I purchased a faulty product and it is such a slow process to get your money back. I still have not received the full shipping return amount even though I should as it was not my fault the product didn't work. They are very sneaky and I will never use this company again. BUYER BEWARE

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Don't buy from this company

I bought a number of headphones, adapters and cables. The adapters don't work. Rejected by iPhone. 4 out of 6 headphones perform so badly they are useless. Some were expensive. The Lightning cables worked - so far. I emailed and also requested contact through website and have had no response.
It's rubbish. Avoid them.

was good, now terrrible

Have ordered stuff from Gearbest many times over the years with no drama but lately they have been terrible. Its now April I haven received things I bought in January. Looking at the other recent reviews it would seem something has gone very wrong with their business. I wont be ordering from them again.

Cheap and slow

The prices are good, but delivery is totally unreliable, and they don't keep you informed of delays. It might say something is in stock, but 2 weeks later, when you ask what's goin on with the order They send you a very apologetic email telling you how much in d man's the item is, and offering a refund or for you to wait some unknow time. I had to wait 4 months for my last order...

Poor postage standard

Waited 3 months for my goods to arrive...ridiculously long in this day and age! When I contacted the company to ask whether I would receive the goods they told me to keep waiting it will come!

Gearbest Phone Purchase

I have recently purchased phone Xiaomi Redmi note 7 for $456 from Gearbest.com.First thoughts were it is the wrong color and 10 minutes later thoughts were it is the wrong phone. I have ordered 6GB ram and 64GB memory and received 3GB of ram and 32GB of memory phone that was on their site for $358.74. I have contacted the seller immediately to resolve the issue as soon as possible as I needed the phone for work etc. to than them trying to drag the conversation, about the return or refund for two weeks. I have send them all details photos of the product and outer package as they have requested, to than be offered refund of $30USD or return the product at my own expenses back to China. After me arguing the point they needed another number to check the item (that number doesn't exist on package) told me I can keep that product and get refund of $60USD, send it back get full refund. That 2 weeks wasted and possibly another month of waiting for different phone. I took the deal even I believe it was still about $20AU short.Day after I have purchase the phone I also bought case and protective glass for screen (without knowing I will have trouble with the phone) and the package has never arrived. I have payed for delivery by express Australian post and now Dealing with Fastway couriers instead as apparently some random collection point (not post office) has it (not) and they can not find it at all. What a scam. Would give it -1000 stars if I could. Dont bother

Product PurchasedXiaomi 64GB

Avoid at all cost

Gearbest are conmen, I have purchased a Xiaomi electric scooter on 8 November with a delivery date before Christmas. It only arrived in January, it was not as described and it didn’t work. They accepted to take it back after I contacted my credit card company and sent them a video of the product vs what was advertised, the credit card company ruled in my favour so gearbest agreed to take the scooter back and offered to refund me for my shipping fees which they never did (claimed they sent it to the wrong paypal account and that is this is somehow my fault and I need to sort it with paypal) i’m taking them to the trading standard committee and will hopefully have their UK website closed soon so they stop conning people. But meanwhile I hope no one else has to go through the hours of useless chats with their agents, banks, paypal and a missed Christmas gift.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

A purchase does not mean you are guaranteed to receive the product

Bought a pair of wireless ear buds when it was on sale back in january. Today is 22/3, during this time gearbest has been sending me out of stock messages wanting me to cancel my order. In reality they have it in stock and is selling the same product on a substantially increased price. The reason they aren't sending me the product is because my order does not make them any profit, what they are doing to me is not right. To all the potential customers out there be careful with what you buy from gearbest, you could pay for something, but this does not mean gearbest will honor your purchase

Warranty Claim MadeNo

'Very limited/cheap' coupons just like bait advertising

Have tried over half a dozen times to get Gearbest's "amazing" coupon deals, that have a few items available for a very cheap price.
No matter how quick you are they say no coupons available as soon as you click them.
These seem to be bait ads to draw you to their site - in fact, not sure if they are even real?!?
Gearbest's response - "oh well, bad luck, try next time, or...have a look at this other deal on the same product" (obviously nowhere near as good a deal) - what a joke!

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Shipping company lost products. Read this if you want to buy from Gearbest!

Heard of this site from a friend and so I did a big Black Friday purchase.

Purchased approx AUD 700 worth of products, only received a half of them. After follow ups and almost three months' of waiting, was told the shipping company lost the remaining products and they could only offer me a partial refund.

Some of the products that came were great, such as the Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier Pro, which looks cool and works well.

Some were broken and of poor plasticky quality. For broken items sold on sale (most things on the site are "on sale" anyway), no refund is available. You could only return for repair at your own shipping cost.

See the "Terms and Conditions" here and note that the website bears little responsibility when things go wrong: https://www.gearbest.com/about/terms-and-conditions.html

Anyhoo, there are indeed things you could get on this site that you might not be able to get anywhere else. If you want to purchase from this site, make sure you do these things:

1. Check the regional settings on the top of the website. It's in a pretty small font and I was completely unaware that the prices displayed were in USD. Make sure you choose the right currency to display!

2. Get the shipping insurance. Again, shipping insurance was not always necessary with local websites and I wasn't aware of how important this is. Apparently they do not bear any responsibility whatsoever if your products are "lost" during shipping. When I tracked my products though it said my products have arrived in Australia. How were the products lost? Who knows what has happened to those products, really!

3. Ensure that you are ready and willing to bear the costs if the products do not arrive or arrive faulty. Don't buy anything at a cost that you are not willing to lose. Some products might get here perfect, but there does not seem to be many guarantees with this website!

WARNING!! "in stock" is not in stock and still no refund.

Looked for a computer they had in stock as we required it for school. It stated dispatch in 2 to 3 days.
12 days later it still hadn't been dispatched and when I contacted them it was going to be another 2 to 3 days, so we waited 3 days more. Still not dispatched so asked if they could supply another similar computer but they couldn't so we cancelled the order and requested a refund. up to week 4 now since refund requested and still no refund.

Product Purchasedcomputer

Worst online retailer in the world!

site intuitiveness 1/5
ease of ordering 2/5
processing time 1/5
customer service 0/5

Ordered something which I didn't get for 5 weeks. It was only a cheap phone case so I was annoyed but not devastated. I then ordered a tablet and we're about to hit 1.5 months with it still not shipped. contacted them multiple times EVERY time estimate they give me has been well over-stepped. I'm now trying to refund but they're not even letting me do that with any ease at all.

Do not buy from this place!!!

Disappointed

Where 4.1 stars comes from I don't know. I purchased 2 x 8inch samsung tablet covers at a cost of$32. They arrived in due course, so all good. They would have rec'd 5 stars. BUT...I realised I had incorrectly ordered 8inch instead of 7inch. My fault entirely. I was happy to pay postage to exchange. Site would not allow me to put my order # in the exchange request form, so I was unable to submit it. Was going to write it off to my own stupidity, then I read reviews to see if others had probs with site. I was appalled at how bad this company is and decided to pursue. I spoke to Paypal who gave me an email address. Their inbox was full and had no more storage, so that is a red flag right there. I told Paypal I was going to post them back to Chullora registered post with a letter requesting exchange, which they approved. Aust Post has lost them, (prophetic?). so is paying me the value. I always read reviews on big items but didn't with this as I thought what could go wrong, and, in fairness, the goods did arrive, so that part was fine. How many people write off an amount because it's too hard?. With the reviews on this site, this company should not be trading online in Aust. I read a review on ozbargain where a person said Gearbest were banned, but "showed remorse, and promised to do better" so were allowed to continue. If I knew who to contact to stop them trading I would.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Appalling service - will not use again

I placed the order on 01/02 and received an email to say it was being processed that same day. Four weeks late I'd heard nothing and contacted their customer support to be told it would not be sent out until about 15/3...nearly 7 weeks after the order was placed. The reason given was that the item may not have been it stock. However, when ordering, I made sure to only order items listed as being in stock. They offered no compensation and no apologies.

Product PurchasedTwo pairs of shoes

All good...until something goes wrong

Bought a camera gimbal/stabiliser from gearbest. It died after a few very light uses. Despite the site’s warranty claims, gearbest offered ridiculous solutions - a refund of $24 (for a $189 item), or a replacement, but ‘please pay postage of $160’. Or send it back and have it repaired. I opted to return for repair - after sitting on it for four months, they claimed it couldn’t be repaired, and again offered to send a new one... but please pay postage of $160! I ended up with a refund of $60. Buy cheap, but don’t expect any form of customer service if things go wrong.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedFEIYUTECH WG2X 3-axis Wearable Universal Camera Stabilizer Gimbal

Gearbest Scam

The new phone never arrived. It took a month to send, and then it was returned by courier service to the sender due to not meeting some requirements. Another month later (two months after purchasing the phone) Gearbest told me that I would not receive a refund or the parcel because it is the couriers responsibility, and the courier send they sent it back to sender. This is a scam.