Gearbest
4.0 from 1,483 reviews

1,041

Carlos

CarlosSydney, NSW

Selling items that are out of stock

I bought an item that clear was in stock. When I bought it it stated the approximate time to deliver.
When the period came, I call them to check the status and their answer was " we apologize we sold them and we are out of stock, but if you are willing to wait two more weeks wi will dispatch it and will be delivered in 14 working days".

Not only that also the price dropped.

And because of that I asked them to match the selling price by getting a refund,they denied telling me that they prefer to give me credits on the website to keep buying.

Really? after the made a mistake, the last thing I want is to buy from there.

I do not recommend them.

patchy1970

patchy1970Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Customer Service

I havbe purchased 3 times from this site :
1) Phone died 6 months after purchase =-$270 ( was offered $70 refund after 2 months of emailing )
2) Headphones x 3 - Stock not available & only found out when i finally could get ont to them .
3) Smart Watch - No stock and again only told when was able to chat online - they wont chat if you sign in

Product PurchasedAndroid Smart Watch Phone SZ9

Don't fall for GEARBEST offer of partial refund.

I would have to echo other sentiments to stay clear of Gearbest.
I paid $179 USD for a Xaiomi phone. Item disappeared on its journey to me.
Gearbest offered me a refund of $60 USD saying that I could not receive a full refund because I had not purchased shipping insurance. After a few email exchanges this offer reached $100 USD, but I still thought it was their problem to seek compensation from the shipping company and that I should not be out of pocket.
Put in a dispute claim with PAYPAL and was successful with $179 USD being refunded.
Lesson learnt is to not fall for their bluff. Get the full refund through PAYPAL or your credit company.

Khan

Khan

Very dodgy

Extremely dodgy business. I bought some items that were advertised for one price but when I checked the transaction after purchase they had charged me double the amount. When I cancelled the order on that ground, they either could not figure out how to issue the refund or just played dumb and said it was not possible. It's been almost 2 months I neither recieved the items nor the refund. Be very very careful who you do business with. Even businesses recognised by PayPal means nothing, its not a guarantee of the business being genuine in contrast to what I used to think.

nailer

nailerSydney, NSW

I second it, a VERY shonky business

Lyndsay B

Lyndsay BSouth East Queensland, QLD

No instructions and cannot contact support centre

Purchased an LED Binary watch which arrived but no instructions how to set it up.
Sent email asking for help and got an emailwhich I cannot respond to.
Think it must be a fake or scam.
Dont waste your money
lyndsay

Product PurchasedBinary LED watch

Mario Draicchio

Mario DraicchioGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Out right Thieves (au.gearbest.com)

I purchased a pair of Xiaomi ear buds from these guys on the 6/08/2019, the product was supposedly sent on the 14/08/2019 and now its the 2/09/2019 and still they haven't arrived. These guys don't care and don't refund, out right thieves. Don't buy from this company.

Product PurchasedXiaomi bluetooth ear buds

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Dodgy and Shonky

Gearbest is a finance company that sells products, they take usually 3 weeks before they ship your product. I made the mistake of buying a phone from them, took 5 weeks to get the phone and they charged GST and said on waybill duty to be paid. Had to pay GST again to get phone released, took them another two weeks to agree to the refund and now they are saying that they use Paypal and it could take a further two weeks to get my money. Amazon AU starting stocking the same phone after I bought from Gearbest and offer delivery in 3-5 days and the price was in the same ballpark.
If you have an ulcer or do not want to get one stay away from Gearbest.

Deepak K.

Deepak K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Items might not get delivered at all. Moreover, items not in stock but website shows otherwise.

Two of my orders never arrived. Waited three months but lost somewhere.
After that I placed another order for different items, this time paid extra for quicker delivery but then noticed that the order was not dispatched in time. I asked about it and I was told that all the tree items were not in stock. I have to wait another week for the items to be in stock and then they will post. It was supposed to be a 5 days delivery. Website clearly showed items in stock. Highly disappointing and unprofessional. Waste of time.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Worst experience ever - shipping not received and no refund!

Product PurchasedXiaomi Mi 9 SE

Gamer Guy

Gamer GuyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

You get what you pay for - Do not expect quality

Ordered a chin strap from them which promptly fell apart. They refused to offer a refund or exchange - probably their standard response. High volume, low quality company from China - so buyer beware.

Product PurchasedChin strap

Fatboy

FatboyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute rubbish - stay away

Ordered 2 shirts on line. Both arrived (after a while). Supposed to be 3XL but were closer to a size M.
They were also of very ordinary quality.
Raised a ticket to get the refund process going, system just keeps telling me the Return Authority is lodged, but does not detail any process for return. Raising a new ticket just repeats that the 'RMA' has already been raised.
I will avoid this site in the future. Advise others to do likewise.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Gearbest have made withdrawals from my Bank Account for over a year I have never ordered any goods from them.

I am not a Member of Gearbest and have never ordered any goods from them, yet they have been making charges from my Bank Account for over a year. The matter is now being handled by my Bank's Fraud Department.

Product PurchasedNo purchase

Flash

FlashGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stay away from GEARBEST.COM!!! Paid for product, but gearbest did not ship out product.

I paid for a mobile phone from their website, but for more than 2 weeks, they haven't even packed for shipment. I emailed their customer service, and their reply was just a simple "please be patient". I waited for another 2 days, still no change in their packing for shipment status.
Luckily I paid paypal, and was able to have full refund.
I was a first-time user of gearbest.com.
Never again will I use this website.
Everyone ... please stay away.

Faro

FaroCanberra

Stay Away in ANY Circumstance

I ordered a Xiaomi Mi 9 mobile phone around 3 weeks ago. GearBest took 405 USD from my credit card, plus the delivery I paid 420 USD. Guess what; 128 GB ROM model is only 388 USD at the moment in their website, and for 405 USD, GearBest sent me only the 64 GB ROM model. So it is like I am paying 60 USD extra and GearBest offered me only 200 site credits for that, which makes only 4 USD. I am trying to return this item as I did not even open the package. It has been 1 week now and I can not even start a simple return process. Probably the worst decision I have made in my entire life trying to buy something from GearBest. If you care about your mental, just stay away.

Product PurchasedXiaomi Mi 9
JGW

JGWSydney, NSW

What a lot of Rubbish

2 out of 6 lights were broken
large adult posture top fits a 4 year old
cant contact them
just goes back to sign on page repeatedly
stay and buy in Australia
dont know what i was thinking
money down the drain
Finally in touch
recieved a minor refund compensation

Jenny

Jenny

Completely Useless Customer Service

Ordered 2 dash cams and was given a tracking number on the 24 June..tracking number was marked as being delivered on the 8th July but package was nowhere in sight. Contacted customer service who essentially told me wait and indicated it was 'delivered'. Despite my continued asking of them to lodge an investigation on their end while I also lodged a query with Australia Post..all I kept getting was the resending of the tracking mumber and that it was delivered despite paying for shipping insurance.

Buy at your own risk but should you ever need help, don't expect to get any.

Product PurchasedXiaomi 70mai dash cam

bamboo

bambooSydney, NSW

Product did not work

I bought 3 different iphone lighting to jack adapters and 2 of them did not work. I contacted support and they told me to raise a ticket which I did. I received an email that I have a response and to log in. I could not log in and it created a new account even though I had one already. I think my account was deleted. Horrible experience

Never got my item

Ordered a windshield repair kit and it never came. they gave me a partial refund but not all my money back... had a terrible time corresponding with customer service. Don't even think I spoke to a real person once

Walter65

Walter65Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Incompetent

I ordred a Cardigan from Gearbest and waited for two month!. No response to any e mail or call. Finally, after another month they offered to refund the money. They never refunded the money but put it into wallet so I could use it for another purchase. Why would I buy something from a company that is so incompetent?

Product PurchasedCardigan