Verifiedgeneralhomeservices.com.au🏆 2024 Award

436 reviews · Statistics

95% · 41521 · 5%
Rates and Fees
See the Best Electricians in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jenny
Jenny

Honest young guys

Being a pensioner, you hear so many story’s on the tv about tradesman doing the wrong thing. My daughter arranged the guys at general home services to have a look at a leaking roof for me.

Arrived a little late, however the ladies in the office kept me updated all morning. The two young men were very apologetic. They had a look at the roof leak, quickly found that one of my gutters had been blocked with leaves, cleaned them and no further issues, especially after the big storm we had the other day. ,

Richard
Richard

Hard workers

Job well done. Thanks team, appreciate the efforts to get such a big job done.
Sally P.
Sally P.

Couldn’t fault the job, was middle range quote after getting 3.
Rami O.
Rami O.

Classic friday

Friday afternoon special. Installing a fencer, hit the water pipe with my shovel. The boys arrived within an hour of my call, sorted the pipe.

Legends

Tracey and John S.
Tracey and John S.

Plumbing jobs

Third time using the team for different issues, each and every time just gets better than the last.
Rebecca C
Rebecca CVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dishonest and deceptive

I had a dreadful experience with this company. They lured me in with the promise of a $49 quote fee, only to slap me with a $550 bill for a service that takes less than an hour. It's clear they had a scheme in mind from the start, refusing to disclose any pricing information until they had me locked in. This is a classic case of bait-and-switch, and their practices are and ILLEGAL. Steer clear of this dishonest and deceptive outfit at all costs.
Aaron P.
Aaron P.VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hot water service

Great & prompt service, would recommend and use again same day supply, remove and install.
Sandra S.
Sandra S.

Best tradies

How do I begin.

Burst pipe in the front yard, as you do, got a few quotes. I found the communication from General services to be a stand out.

Pricing was on par for all of the quotes I received, the guys removed the grass carefully and put off to the side, repaired the burst pipe and backfilled the grass. Even Spread topsoil and some grass seed when finished. Just not heard of in today’s busy world.

Mohammed A.
Mohammed A.

Honest guys

Thanks team for helping my elderly parents on Saturday, very grateful
Jayden H.
Jayden H.

top service

When it rains it pours. Had terry out to look at a faulty hot water system, quickly identified the issue and arranged an electrician for me.
Penny C.
Penny C.

Saved the day

Outstanding service! General home services saved the day after other plumbers failed to show up. Was obviously too much of a small Job for others! They quickly fixed my kitchen leak with professionalism and expertise.

Highly recommend!

Charles L
Charles L2 posts

Very bad experience with this company as I took this company to VCAT

General Home Services - This plumbing company is the most unreliable in the market. Don't use it as it overcharges you and they don't provide the services as specified in their invoice.
Sunny P
Sunny P

Absolute Ripoff!

Do not use this company they tried to rip me off by charging extremely AGGRESSIVE PRICES! Thankfully I didn’t sign anything. After reading all the poor and shocking reviews, I found another plumber who did the job for a quarter of the price. Don't waste your time or money!
General Home Services   DM
Peter & Jasmin W.
Peter & Jasmin W.

Efficient and punctual. Easy to communicate with the plumber who attended

Efficient service. The gentleman who came to replace the Hot water heater tank was thorough with inspection and picked up other plumbing issues related to the hot water and suggested to fixed the problems to make energy efficient. Show reply
Sage
Sage

BEWARE OF [Content Removed]

I was pressured into signing a quote without transparency or being fully informed about what I was signing. When I attempted to cancel, they abruptly changed their stance, refusing to provide a refund and callously ignored their own cancellation policy.

They aggressively overcharged for pipes and services that were not needed and failed to provide the basic legal requirement of a detailed invoice and refused to disclose their hourly labour rates.

I strongly advise anyone considering their services to look elsewhere. Their fraudulent behaviour and blatant disregard for honesty and transparency make them nothing short of criminals.

General Home Services   DM