3.6

Return Claim MadeYes · No
4.3
1.8
3.5

Tools.com is an amalgamation of Get Tools Direct and AutoElec.

Torben S.
Torben S.

Items not received, cannot contact them

I have not received my order after 6 weeks and cannot contact anyone. Is the company legit? Show details
bwmama
bwmamaSydney, NSW2 posts

Terrible

Do not order! Terrible communication, the product never arrived.
Tried to contact the owner on LinkedIn and was blocked! Show details
AR. E.
AR. E.

Missing parts of the delivery; and no proper action to resolve!

Worst experience with an online store ever. Ordered a Dewalt plunge track saw which wasn’t delivered on time, and when it arrived it was missing the most important part of the tool - the rail. A track saw is literally useless without the rail!
I’ve contacted them multiple times and they keep saying they have escalated with the warehouse but no updates yet. Really frustrating! Show details
Vanessa
Vanessa

Terrible service- they’ll take your money and won’t send product. Don’t buy anything from this business

I agree with everyone who’s complaining about lack of service, communication. I bought a generator in April, still waiting. Requested a refund and was told the money would be in my account in 2-3 days -that was a month ago. When I log into theirs self service Lipton the order is still current. I’ve left numerous messages, sent emails, lodged a complaint and have had no response. I’ve gone to Office of Fair trade who are following it up for me.
Do NOT but from this company Show details
Mark Stevens
Mark Stevens3 posts

A big SCAM!

bought a Black & Decker blower/Vac, arrived well after the date and never got the email that it was in transit. When it arrived I tried using it and it doesn't work, not at all. Plugged into different power source I know works to make sure, absolutely nothing. Emailed them and they give me a service repair number to call, nobody answers and they don't return the call. DO NOT BUY FROM TOOLS.COM!!! Show details
Simon B
Simon BHobart, TAS24 posts

Jono
JonoPerth, WA

Avoid at all costs!

My experience with this company has been disappointing from start to finish & communicating with them has been a complete joke. Initially, I waited patiently for over 7 weeks for an item without any estimated time of arrival. Frustrated and left with no alternative, I had to cancel my order. It's now been over 3 weeks since I canceled and I'm still waiting for my refund. They've had my money tied up for over 10 weeks now, and there's still no clear indication of when I'll see it returned. All reviews I've read tell a similar story, stay away at all costs!
chodge
chodgeSydney, NSW3 posts

Feels like a scam website

Ordered on the 7th June, estimated delivery 14-28th June, contacted on 20th June to check for an update got a response on 21st June and was told they’re busy but should be dispatched on the next 5-7 days. Got an email on the 24th June saying it’s been dispatched but the tracking numbers don’t work and aren’t recognised. Contacted on 6th July to ask where it was and haven’t had a response. Would not recommend looking at lots of reviews all saying exactly the same thing Show details
Keven
KevenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Russell M.
Russell M.Sydney, NSW

Terrible company

Absolutely appalling service , I ordered tools 6 weeks ago and they have been stalling ever since.They have sent me 2 bogus tracking numbers already and when I follow up they say the warehouse will ship it today.Obviously that does not happen.Wish I had checked these reviews prior to purchase as many others are reporting the same thing.DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY !
Matt
Matt

Avoid This Shop

Not even dispatched after 3 weeks and been trying to contact them for the last 2 weeks with no reply
Magilla
MagillaPilbara, WA2 posts

Brett

Do not use this company, after 6 weeks part of order arrived, sent an email only to be told it would be dispatched the next week, 2 more weeks and nothing, another email only to be told the item has been discontinued, but yet they still advertise on there Web site it is in stock. Am now chasing a refund but will put that in the hands of PayPal. Stay away and don't be fooled by the prices. Show details
Philip
PhilipNorth Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Fair Incentive

STAY AWAY. Don't get scammed

Asked for a cancellation three times. No response to myself or finance company. Show details
Me QLD
Me QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD13 posts

Poor customer service

Item arrived faulty. They're not interested. Told me to chase it up with manufacturer- which is against Australian Consumer Law.

Very poor communication.

Weird, seems like they had positive reviews until a few months ago and something has changed, now most of the past 3 months are negetive reviews with similar complaints - poor communication, no adherence to Australian Consumer Law

"When a business sells a product or service that doesn’t meet basic rights, known as consumer guarantees, it must offer the consumer a solution.
Businesses must not tell consumers to take the problem to the manufacturer or importer" Show details

Estêvão L.
Estêvão L.

Rob W.
Rob W.

I placed an order for a Gorilla 5-6-7-8 Step Compact Adjustable Platform RPL0508-I on 18th June 2023, was issued a Tax Invoice with a status of "Dispatched". Please advise if you will be able to supply this item as your tracking details are incorrect (was dispatched before I placed the order)
Invoice No.N799492
Rob Wallis

Michael
Michael

I have returned an 18-36 volt Hikoki battery for a warranty claim and haven’t received a replacement despite multiple phone calls and speaking with David the Coloundra store manager, who assured me that he would send me a replacement battery, I asked if there had been a problem with these batteries, as at the time, the second battery failed (early January 2022), now today a third battery failed, I am extremely disappointed with GTD for very poor customer support and asking disappointed with Hikoki batteries, has anyone else had problems and is there another way for me to seek warranty??

Tools.com   DM
Ross
Ross

I purchased a Makita combo set which was received no problems, great service & prompt delivery. My question is, not long after, I received an email with a free makita lunch bag for purchases over $300. I'm not sure if I'm eligible as combo was $599, or how to redeem if so. If you could clear me up on this, it would be good. Otherwise all service was great.
Regards