ghd Max Wide Plate Styler

ghd Max Wide Plate Styler

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ghd

• Hair Length Medium (1) and Long (2)
  • Hair Style Straight (1), Wavy (1) and Curly (1)
  • Straightening Time 10 minutes
  • Hair Care

Still love this GHD but wish I'd stuck with the original

Purchased in July 2020.

MelissaF
MelissaFRyde

Best straightener I’ve used!

Purchased in August 2015 at Adore Beauty for $250.00.

Teish
Teish

Its good

This has been a great find for my hair. I have very thich hair and this makes straightening a breeze. The plates being wider i find more effective. I find after awhile it may not be working as well as its new self but i am happy to recommend this product.

Meg
MegBrisbane

Lasted about 30 times and died. Out of warranty. Don’t buy ghd

The straightener worked very well it was great. However after about 30 uses it just stopped working. warranty only lasts for 2yrs and it was 2 years 6 months olds.

Georgie
GeorgieSydney, NSW

Straight hair like you can't imagine.

I have incredibly thick and curly hair, and I've always had problems straightening it as no straighteners could handle my hair. With the wide plate of the gold max, It can handle larger parts of my hair. So easy to use, and it cuts down the time it usually took for my hair.

Bree D
Bree DAU

Isn’t it just the best!! 10 years on and still going strong

There’s been a lot of arguments about GHD changing, not being consistent over the years..
Luckily I haven’t had to worry about that because mine was purchased for me as a gift 10 years ago and is still in perfect working order today in original heat proof casing.
The clips and accessories that accompanied it are long gone but my GHD will love forever.
Curling hair, straightening hair whatever I use one tool!

Mandy
Mandy

Straight as a pin.

My ghd is fantastic. It may be discontinued now but mine still works like new. My hair is fine so makes straightening easy, however I have used other brands of straightener and not only have I had to c go over the same piece over and over, they burn my hair. The ghd does none of that. One to two swipes max and your hair is healthy and straight.

Mbnaature
Mbnaature

Perfect

I love the design of the straightener , very easy to use there’s heat settings as well depending on thickness of your hair , dosent snag hair during operation it’s a smooth motion leaving hair shiny and effortless , heaps up with in 20 seconds beeps when ready , I personally have really thick long hair so I love this product as it makes my hair flawless without being difficult

Disappointing

Iv'e used this hair straightener for a year and It's not very good, it takes a long time to get my hair to a reasonable straightened look, and even during the day it starts to look different. It makes my hair look dry and limp. Iv'e used other older GHD models and they were fantastic, very hot, makes my hair look glossy and professional. With the new GHDs, the quality is not there and doesn't compare to the predecessors. Iv'e already spent so much on this GHD and I'm not sure what to do now.

ClaireBear
ClaireBearCranebrook

Good, consistent Straightener.

It heats up in 30 secs, which is fairly standard these days, but is still super handy. It goes through all hair types smoothly. Stays at a consistent temperature. 1 pass through a section of hair is all that’s necessary. I do find the price still a little out of most of my clients reach. With cheaper straightening irons becoming better and better, I think it’s hard to justify the spend.
I personally like mine and would purchase again.

Demi. B
Demi. B

I love this straightener!

I bought mine a couple years ago, doesn’t take as long to do my hair with the wider plate, heats up in a few seconds, very fast and effective, such a great product!hair doesn’t get caught or tugged on during usage, they should still sell this such a great straightener

misstons_
misstons_Melbourne

Great product

I purchased the thicker plate hair straightener as I wear 3x heads of hair extensions and thought this would make my life easier.

It absolutely does. Heaps quicker to straighten my overall hair.
As the plates are thicker it does make it a little more difficult to get the little baby hairs, but I still prefer it as opposed to the smaller plate version.

Heats up quickly which is a plus. Doesn’t pull or snag the hair when running through.

Overall, good product. Would purchase again.

Welshy
WelshyBrisbane

Straightens in less time

Having previously had a GHD Classic, which was brilliant, I upgraded to the wide plate and it is so much better. I now do my hair in almost half the time as before, as the wider plates cover more and I can move faster. Heat up time is the same (I think). Thoroughly recommend the wide plate over the Classic.

Jess H
Jess H

Expensive and not that worthwhile

The product looks fancy and easy to use.
It is really quick to heat it up and not so hot around it.
It lasted long time during the day.
But a bit expensive

Skye
Skye

Amazing for thick hair.

This straightener has lasted me forever, never any faults or issues. When you have thicker hair this straightener really shines, allowing for an easy experience that is significantly quicker then the standard thinner style. It leaves my hair straight and shiny and looking fantastic. Heats up very quickly. Would highly recommend this straightener particularly if you have thick hair.

Read more reviews - page 2

Kylie F.
Kylie F.asked

Can ghd max be used on fine hair or will it damage it ?

MAYA
MAYAasked

How do i chose between the v gold max and a v gold classic?? i am totally lost !! please help my hair's length just about reaches my shoulders so it is not very long but not very short either,, its very thick also ,,but i saw that the original gold has two censors where the max only has one and im afraid i wont be able to curl my hair so easily with the max but i dont wanna spent hours straitening my hair with the original if it could have taken me half the time with the max PLEASSSE HELP

Abb’s
Abb’s

Hmm good question, I’m not sure really.. I have never been able to curl my hair with a straightener one thing I really struggle with. Personally I think they would both work fine for straigtening thick hair. Can you go to a shop to try both maybe?

Jazz
Jazz

Hi maya, I use the ghd for curling my hair too which is super convenient. My hair is long and thin but I still don’t think it would take you too long to straighten. I think the flexibility or curl/straighten with the same appliance is the way to go :)

Hi Maya,

The ghd Max styler is our only styler to feature wide (2 inch) plates. This can be particularly useful if you have either a lot of hair or hair that is particularly curly as it designed to make styling quicker and easier.

The ghd V gold was replaced in early 2018 by the ghd gold styler. The gold features our standard 1 inch plates and is our first styler to feature dual zone technology. This means that there is one heat sensor on each plate which helps to maintain a constant and even temperature as you style your hair.

To view a full overview of our various stylers and a comparison of their features, please consult the following link: https://www.ghdhair.com/au/ghd-range-hub/hair-straightener-range

Nomiiiee
Nomiiieeasked

Just got my ghd gold straightener 3months ago and now it keeps beeping red and wont heat up why?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear of your experience with your product and we apologise for any disappointment caused.

Please contact our customer service team on 1300 443 424 and they will be happy to assist you with this.

Regards,

See all ghd Max Wide Plate Styler questions

Get an answer from our members and ghd representatives

CategoryHair Straighteners