• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction

Expose thugsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid GIO like Corona virus.

Been with them for 12 months. At renewal price went up by (from 1450 to 1650) 18% but at the same time reduced value of vehicle by around 25%. No claim either.

Unhappy customer

the latest information on my claim with gio claim#m057139406 rego cm92sv

Ravi Patel

Ravi Patel

Dead root staff and their process Completely Disgraceful

My car got written off since last two and no one approached me yet, I tried to call them three times and everytime was advised that department takes around 40 minutes to take call, I said i am waiting and 2.5 hours it past 08 pm and they said its now not operating hour please call tomorrow.
same story of yesterday

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Robyn

RobynSydney, NSW

Would not recommend to anyone

Put claim in on 18/12/2019, smash repairers sent in quote 20/12/2019, on line assessor was booked to approve quote 24/12/2019 they reckoned they didn’t receive quote but it was sent as the repairer got a email to say it would be looked at on the 24/01/2020 no I didn’t make a mistake on the dates [name removed] definitely said Christmas Eve. No communication from GIO. Cannot understand Offshore person on phone except for “sorry about that”which was said a number of times. After lengthy phone call still no closer to get my car repaired. Will be changing companies as soon as this is over.

Claim DateDecember 2019
Car ModelMitsubishi Lancer
Rob

RobSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Hopeless windscreen claim

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Death is not an extenuating circumstance.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Jarrod
Jarrod
Cassy

CassyHunter Region, NSW

Horrible Service!

Over 2 months without a car and still waiting for Gio! Always been with them but never again, first claim and always paid on time!! Worst Customer service i have ever experienced!!

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Fantastic

A dramatic incident happened with my car and its the first time I have ever had to make an insurance claim, gio made it so easy and they were very helpful throughout the whole process. Within a week my car was removed and assessed, and the next week my claim was settled. It all took 2 weeks and Im very happy and thankful for there rapid response. There customer service is beyond amazing, and they were very sensitive but professional with my situation. I will continue to be a loyal gio customer! Thanks again :)

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019

Worst service ever

I have comprehensive insurance from last 4 years, i never come across their service before but this time, i had an major accident. I was nearly die and they won't give a damn about that. I understand that they have to investigate and then take the decision which is fair enough but it's being more than a month, they were investigating and now they come to conclusion that it might happen intentionally.
I just wanted to ask one thing, did any one of their consultant check the car. I don't think so. If they do then they might not say that.
Highly dissatisfied and i never recommended anyone for their service and they have
No loyalty towards customer.
Waste tons of time.
No Outcome at all.
Crap service.
Just charging money.

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019

janetw.53Illawarra, NSW

THEY RIP YOU OFF

Paid taxi greenslip $3,028.74 then 4 months later letter arrived saying we owed another $2606.96 otherwise they would contact RMS and cancel our rego. We paid but quite a few other taxi drivers got the same letter and ignored it. Funny how GIO wrote off the second request for payment for those drivers. I wish another company did greenslips for taxis. Greatest rip off ever.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
janetw.53

I see Gio hasn't responded. Doesn't surprise me. Worst customer service ever.

natalie isaacs

natalie isaacsSydney, NSW

Want to hear a million answering machine options, then ads, then 15 minutes wait (ads). Call GIO

Shocking customer service. I wanted to go with them but oh my goodness. I gave up before l even started. Just to talk to something which l never did took more than 15minutes so l called another provider instead.

Car ModelToyota 86 ZN6 GTS Manual

You always pay an excess even when you aren't at fault

I've been a customer for years and when I finally needed to actually make a claim for damage while the car was parked, I was told I'd pay the excess. They refused to proceed with the claim without charging my credit card first.

Car ModelHyundai i30 GD
DdA83

DdA83perth

Refused to insure road worthy car with minimal aesthetic damage

Title. Refused to insure road worthy car with minimal aesthetic damage on the passenger side door. They said they would not insure a car with anything other than wear and tear damage. Called RAC and they had no problem whatsoever. Extremely disappointed with this service that we had on a different car for more than five years.

Car ModelHyundai Accent

Rod B.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Right of repairer with GIO does not exist

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJune 2019
PETER SHAHEEN

PETER SHAHEENSydney Surrounds, NSW

they advertise on there website choose your own repairer but it’s a load of crap they are dodgy and dishonest

Worst insurance company to deal with don’t believe anything they say. They just past you on to one department and tell what you want to hear then pass you on again.
This has taken 8 weeks and still not resolved, the worst thing is I’m not at fault driver I should have gone with the 3rd party insurance company they told me it’s easier to go with them, what a load of crap 3 different complaint departments without been resolved
They are great at apologies and blaming other departments, always read the fine print no wonder they have so many bad reviews

Car ModelMercedes Benz SL500
Chris C

Chris CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Care factor BIG ZERO

Called to talk about the renewal of my car insurance policy, where my premium increased while the vehicle value decreased with no claims done. Consultant arrogant and condescending, just brushed me off. I advised that with that kind of service I will not be renewing. They did not care in the least. Haven't even tried to work out a better offer. Will never return to GIO.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Simona M

Simona MMelbourne

Very impressed thank you GIO

I called to change my mailing address for my car insurance, the lady on the phone backdated it as far as she could and adadvised i can email a copy of proof of settlement to have it backdated further. This is 7 months worth so very significant. I appreciate it and easy to deal with. Thank you!

Jane Wilder

Jane Wilder

These guys are slippery "Choice of repairer” listed as a benefit to you means THEIR choice!

When I purchased the policy I bought the platinum cover for a prestige vehicle and was told I had choice of repairer.
My husband has just had a bad smash and we wanted it towed to our repairer.
GIO now says no way this actually means THEY get to choose the repairer!
How can it be listed as benefit to us if this is the case?!
Of course the fine print supports what they say but this is straight out misrepresentation I intend to complain to the Ombudsman.

Claim DateJune 2019