Listing monitored by Glasshouse Fragrances

Silvana
SilvanaSydney, NSW

Best candles I ever bought

I was one of those ppl that when walking pass a retailer that sells candles were suspicious to the authenticity of the smell. I have to admit that after buying a glasshouse candle I was shocked by how such a little candle could scent my whole house. The scents are to die for and it has been my only choice ever since. I get excited when they release a limited edition and I buy them as gift too. If you haven’t tried it yet do yourself a favour and give it a go. You won’t be disappointed. Worth every cent!

NO SCENT POOR QUALITY

So I’ve purchased glasshouse candles for years!!!
However since they changed the formula to soy these candles aren’t even with $2 they literally don’t smell like ANYTHING.
It’s really disappointing to see big companies reduce there quality once they gain ‘fame’ and as per usual it’s never the same. Will not be purchasing again !!!!
For people asking about the best smelling candles out there, be enlightened is my new favourite. It’s way cheaper and it fills your whole house !
Sorry to say glasshouse you have lost a customer, I believe many due to your poor quality and I DEFINITELY DONT RECOMMEND !

Dylan W.
Dylan W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exceptional quality and customer service!

I’ve been a Glasshouse fan for a few years and will admit that the change to soy threw me off a little bit. I reached out to the customer service and they kindly sent a replacement for my Tahaa candle, and I have to say the soy blend quality has improved so much. Because of this, I purchased most of their sugar coated range, including the new Trick Or Treat pumpkin spice and was blown away.

The customer service at Glasshouse is top notch and it’s great to see they’re listening to the feedback.

Anyone having issues with the original soy Tahaa candle, try their new batches :) Also fragrances like “Bakery Binge” are more potent than their original paraffin formula!

Glasshouse FragrancesGlasshouse Fragrances

Thank you so much for your kind words Dylan! We really appreciate it, and are so happy we were able to have this resolved for you! Caroline

Absolute tragedy

Connor
Connor
Glasshouse FragrancesGlasshouse Fragrances

Thanks for your feedback Connor, we really do appreciate you giving us the chance to look into what you're seeing and to make this right for you. We look forward to your email. Caroline

Rabia A.Sydney, NSW

Best Candles out there

I only discovered Glasshouse candles as it was given as a gift to me. WOW I just couldn't believe how it made my entire house smell so good and I have a decent size house. Now I use Glasshouse candles all the time.

The change over to Soy has made it even more worth the price tag.

Negative reviews are always out there but not many people who have good to say go out to write a review. I don't know any family member or friends that do not like Glasshouse candles.

I always get complimented on how amazing my house smells everytime I have it burning.

Rabia A.

Oh thank you for the reply, I didn't expect a reply from you at all. It was just an honest review. I did email you at the email stated thank you so much that is very sweat of you all.

Thank you so much Rabia! We've just replied! Caroline

AJRose
AJRoseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love Them!

It's such a pity people complain before that they use paraffin and now they complain they use soy. Unfortunately you can't please everyone. I on the other hand have no issues with the candles. With the right candle care they are amazing! Have been buying them for 6 years and will continue.

Glasshouse FragrancesGlasshouse Fragrances

Thank you so much for your lovely review AJ! We'd love to send you a little something as a token of our deepest gratitude for your loyal support. Could you please email us at help@glasshousefragrances.com.au or send us a direct message? Caroline

Extremely Disappointing

Glasshouse FragrancesGlasshouse Fragrances

Decline of a previously great candle

I have bought Glass house candles for several years and always thought them the best. The scents were strong and permeated any room. They were well worth the price. I always bought ' night before Christmas ' and it made Christmas extra special. I bouught one recently as well as "Marseille Memoir" I hadn't realized the wax had changed from paraffin to soy. I have been burning both these candles for hours and they don't have any scent. I am incredibly disappointed and won't buy them again. I'm going to search for another candle maker that hopefully is as good as what glasshouse used to be.

Date PurchasedSeptember 2021
Glasshouse FragrancesGlasshouse Fragrances

Thanks for your reply but to be honest I don't think it has anything to do with the wicks. I'm not burning these candles any differently to previous ones. I believe the difference in the poor scent throw is the new soy recipe.

Customer
Customer

Love my glasshouse candles

I just bought my 3rd Glasshouse candle and I really love them. The bad reviews about weak scent is confusing to me because my whole house smells from just one lit candle and I’m happy the wax is now soy.
Scent strength - 10/10
Look/packing - 10/10
Burn time - 10/10
Price - $$

Terrifying Experience

BeeDeeBrisbane

Seconds are seconds for a reason ...

Trish WAU

Dissapointed in my new candles.

I have just bought a candle top up. 6 new Glasshouse candles and am so dissapointed. The first one burnt do unevenly and still quite an amount in the glass when wicks finished. I thought it may have just been a dud. Not do I started burning my Hampton most beautiful scent but burning do unevenly. I have been buying this brand for years but maybe not anymore sadly.

Will do thanks

Thanks for your help Trish, I have now responded to your email. Caroline

Find out how Glasshouse Fragrances compares to other Beauty Product Retailers

Even the replacement sucks, everyone is now boycotting glasshouse

Glasshouse FragrancesGlasshouse Fragrances

What have they done to the icon candles!!!!!!

I just purchased my first Glasshouse candle since they moved to the new formula and cheaper packaging. Severely disappointed. No scent anymore even though they still misleadingly advertise it as triple scented. Glasshouse candles were always my go to as gifts for my family and friends. Not anymore. What a disgrace to do this to what was the icon in the market. Will never buy again and am now looking for alternatives.

Barbro L.
Barbro L.

Hi I have emailed you before I posted this review and no one bothered to contact me.

Mazza
MazzaSydney, NSW

All you negative reviewers need to do some homework

Seeing everyone in here whinge about the new formula demanding they return to the old do my head in. Do you people realise that non vegetable wax based scented candles are TOXIC? Sure they might smell stronger if they are paraffin, but you'll be breathing in a stack of benzene, formaldehyde and other such carcinogens. They have done the right thing moving to soy. Soy is also worth more and warrants the price tag more than paraffin!!!!

Angie W.
Angie W.asked

Has anyone find a brand as good as the old version? I need some recommendations please.

Nat T.
Nat T.

I found one! I tried lots of other brands and looked for ages after glasshouse ballsed up their revamp. I found an Australian company called Lumen & Luxe. They are amazing. Wood wick, scent fills the house. I buy them all the time now.

Leigh
Leighasked

I had three favourites that I can’t seem to find anymore :( Is there anywhere where we can still buy Oahu, Beverley Hills, and I think it was Tahiti (was in a blue box)?
Thanks!

Glasshouse FragrancesGlasshouse Fragrances

Thanks for reaching out Leigh. From time to time we have to make the difficult decision to say goodbye to some existing fragrances to provide our loving fans with new fragrance experiences, this means sadly these fragrances have been discontinued. We know this might be upsetting, but there are some exciting things to come this year that we hope you'll love just as much. Although it is the end of Oahu for now, I'm happy to let you know that our new fragrance Over The Rainbow has a very similar fragrance profile to Oahu. This is another elegant powdery floral, but is a little more complex and sophisticated than Oahu. This fragrance can be found here: https://www.glasshousefragrances.com/products/380g-candle-over-the-rainbow
I'll also be sure to pass on your love for Oahu, Beverly Hills and Tahiti to our product team who do bring back old favourites from time to time. I hope this helps. Jana

Steveasked

That’s such a shame that the candles have changed so dramatically, I was looking to buy some as gifts for Christmas , is there a way to know by the packaging if they are the old good version or the cheaper new ones?

Glasshouse FragrancesGlasshouse Fragrances

Hi Steve, We did recently change to a soy-based wax blend due to overwhelming customer feedback. As you can imagine changing the wax was a really big thing for us and we did a lot of testing. We’re extremely passionate about product quality and the change was by no means a cost cutting exercise. In saying that, we’ve been really closely monitoring customer feedback and have been continually improving our candles to be in line with what our customers have come to expect in a Glasshouse Fragrances candle. If there is a candle that is not currently living up to your expectations, please do let us know via help@glasshousefragrances.com.au as we'd like to look into this for you. Caroline

Steve

Thanks Caroline, are there older ones still available , perhaps old stock, and do you know who might have them?

Glasshouse FragrancesGlasshouse Fragrances

If you're located in the Sydney area we do have an outlet store in Rydalmere that carries a range of old and new candles, otherwise we also have some vintage fragrances available through Catch.com.au. Having said that, we're really confident that the changes we've made to the new range have got them back on track Steve and we'd love the opportunity to put things right for you. Jana

See all Glasshouse Fragrances questions