1.7

• Job Satisfaction
PHILL

PHILLHunter Region, NSW

Glide a crap

Please think again before you buy one had our shed built just three years ago it came with gliderol doors one auto opener was never working right after many calls to the shed builder Allgal never got any response . The door remote would work sometimes then would not have get out of car wave it around at the door to get to open. After putting up with it so long had enough rang then they sent a man out today who told me remote receiver was no good $300 plus $145 install to fix it . Other door openers warrant there doors for 5 to 7 years so please look elsewhere or be annoyed right off like me

Margot V.

Margot V.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor service

I have tried numerous times to get someone to fix my door installation as it was not correctly fitted.They do not care have not bothered to follow up on any requests.

alfredo

alfredoVictoria

Most awful service possible, truly unprofessional

Unclear about their prices and services. They will say what their services are and how much it will cost but then they will charge you more and tell you that this is what you always talked about when you did not. They do not send an estimate just talk over the phone and of course after their service will send an invoice. Make sure to get your warranty signed otherwise they will not bother telling you.

Find out how Gliderol Garage Doors compares to other Door & Window Shops

Corroding panels on garage doors.

Poor quality product. Rust and corrosion after 3yrs. Company refuses to replace doors. Didn't bother to inform us their decision.

Bill

BillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid like the plague

Door sounds terrible - clunks and whines so loudly it can be heard by our neighbour across the street. Service tech says the sound is coming from the motor but Gliderol don't want to take any responsibility for their faulty product even though it's only 2 1/2 years since installation in a new home.

Bruce

BruceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gliderol Garage Doors; Great product works well.

We have had a Gliderol Glidermatic Garage door for 25 years and 1 service by Fantastic Garage Doors during the years- we have decided to replace it with a new Gliderol Door as we have been very pleased with Gliderol Products and Fantastic Garage Doors is doing the replacement work - Ohh there isn’t any wrong with the Old door just that it is old and should be retired after 25 successfully working well at all times. And still going strong. Anyone want a second hand Gliderol Garage Door its still works well.

Terrible

Called Gliderol to come and look at door. told me they would ring an hour before turning up but did not.
booked job in - gave rough time did not turn up as were too busy with other jobs. booked another day at specific time. did not turn up. rang them and they said they had to reschedule. I told them not to bother

Henpecked

Henpeckedsouth australia, 5043

Adelaide Install - on time, on budget, Sales person quote and installer both V good.

Shane came and quoted, almost exactly 4 weeks later, Luke came and installed. It was on time, on budget, and a very clean install. Shane was one of the more competent guys who came to quote from various businesses, Luke was clean, tidy, knew what he was doing and was perhaps their most experienced sub-contractor.
I was very happy with both of these guys, I think your experience clearly depends upon who you get and how well your shed/garage/carport is built and prepared. I also think your own attitude may well play a part.
I don't know about longevity as yet , but I'm very happy to recommend both these guys here in Adelaide.
I'll report back in 12 months

nick....

nick....Kedron

Run Run Run Run AWAY !!!

This is a genuine one start review. Everything about this company is terrible. The only thing that’s worse than their complete lack of concern for their customers is the quality of their garage doors. In less than one year the tin foil dodgy so called garage door we bought literally fell apart. When we called them out to assess the door they accused us of hitting it with our car !!! That’s the kind of service you can expect. They provide a completely dodgy unsafe product and then accuse you of causing the damage. I literally hope they go under.

Angel

AngelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Gliderol sells bad quality garage door openers and have a bad maintenance service

Maudie

Maudie

Please keep the door shut

We had quite a few issues with the automation of our Gliderol Roller door and finally had a replacement motor sent to us. All has been going reasonably well until 6 months ago. Frequently when using the remote to close the door (on our way out) we come home to find the door fully open??? And so it needs resetting... frequently. Not good to go out presuming your home is safely locked up but that tricky little gadget (the remote) or (the motor) thinks otherwise. And so after all the issues we have had right from the day of purchase I would not recommend a Gliderol Roller Door for your garage. This unit is only 4 yrs 6 months old. Don't feel like the expense of replacing it.

Melinda

MelindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible service.

Garage door company that installed a Gliderol door for a client. Terrible oil canning. Finally got the to replace panels. Still oil canning. No help from this company. Will never recommend their doors as they say oil canning is to their standard. I wouldn’t like it on my house so why should they supply like that. Will not compensate the client in any way or refund even part of their money. Or replace. Makes our business look incompetent. “Up to their standards”. Their standard is terrible. Do not ever recommend Or use Gliderol doors.

Jim

JimCentral Queensland, QLD

3 months old

POOREST QUALITY. 3 months old. 5 high bay roller doors supplied by shed builders with his shed kit. 2 replaced by shed builder. Not game to open any of the 5 doors as they get stuck, unroll unevenly due to the lack of structure support. Took me 4 hours the other day to fix the door so I could lock up the shed.

MazzabSouth East Queensland, QLD

6 days of use in new lifestyle village build - door not able to be used - cannot lock my home!-

Tricia

TriciaPerth, WA

Never buy this brand

Our builder used Gliderol. After a year the bottom rusted. As they are no longer in WA it was their agent that quoted over $1000 to replace one section. Its better value for money to buy a complete new door of a different brand.

Andrew M.

Andrew M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lasted 7 months

My original roller door not a glide roller lasted 14 years. Had a gliderol door fitted after my original door damaged by wind. Gliderol door lasted 7 months. The tracks bent and the door had stress ripples throughout. Contacted gliderol and they said as wind caused it no warranty. They would send someone out at my cost. Were not interested at all. Door has now been replaced.

Don Johnson

Don JohnsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible low quality junk!

Randall

RandallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless company.

Amanda C.

Amanda C.

Biggest piece of junk I’ve come across

Donna M.

Donna M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do NOT use this company

They replaced 2 existing doors to our house and in the process of this install cracked and damaged the brick piers. Follow them up numerous times they do not respond and this was va email and phone calls and no response until you mention your next stop is Consumer Affairs and then they start quoting the terms of their warranty does not cover any damage they cause to your property during the install process.
I would not recommend them to anyone!!

Simon J.

Simon J.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

How do I fit a new weather seal on a door. Do I remove a side track to gain access?

Hi Simon,

Thanks for reaching out regarding replacing the seal on your Gliderol door!

Yes, you would need to remove the side tracks in order to replace the seal - this one is definitely a 2 man job! We suggest one person feeds through the seal and the other slides it along until fully in place and it can be handy to use some soapy water to help lubricate the area.

If you run into any issues or would like to arrange for a service technician to assist with this please feel free to contact us on 1300 799 177 and a member of our team can organise this for you.

Jakob K.

Jakob K.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

How do I stop the door from not staying down

Hi Jakob,

Thanks for reaching out regarding your Gliderol products!

Whilst it is difficult to assess the specific cause of the issue without reviewing your door, it does sound like your door travel limits might need to be reprogrammed.

When your garage door and automatic opener are initially installed, your opener is configured to suit your specific garage/carport - this includes programming your doors limits to tell your opener where the 'open' and 'closed' position is. This gives the opener the info it needs to help make your door travel at the right speed/force to ensure it fully opens and closes as expected.

Alternatively, we do have step-by-step guides to assist you in reprogramming your doors travel limits available on our website (https://www.gliderol.com.au/operator-programming/).

We do hope this helps and if we can assist any further please feel free to contacts us.

steve h.

steve h.asked

Gliderol Garage Doors

Hi, I’ve had the door for years and it’s worked fine until recently where it will go up but not down. I’ll press the remote (or box) and it’ll lift then if I press it again it’ll stop then the next time it’s pressed it goes up again instead of down. Help?

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about your recent troubles with your Gliderol products!

It can be a bit tricky to try and diagnose a door issue without reviewing it, but this sounds like an issue with your automatic openers electronics.

It could be a simple programming issue (please refer Door Travel Limits info below) though as you indicated you've had your door for a number of years so it is possible there maybe more to the problem.

In the absence of these limits, your door may not have the info it needs to safely close which can lead to the types of issues you're experiencing.

Openers are typically reprogrammed during your regular service to maintain smooth operation. We would recommend calling your local Gliderol office on 1300 799 177 and a member of our team can arrange for a service technician in your area to you contact you. They would be able to reprogram your opener or supply and fit a new electronic component if required.

Sam - Gliderol Garage Doors Team

Get an answer from our members and Gliderol Garage Doors & Automation representatives

Compare all 5 Gliderol Garage Doors
CategoryOnline Shops and Door & Window ShopsPhysical Shops and Door & Window ShopsPhysical Shops and Door & Window ShopsPhysical Shops and Door & Window Shops
Compare all 5 Gliderol Garage Doors