Gliderol Garage Doors

Gliderol Garage Doors

Online Store, Physical Store

See the Best Door & Window Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Job Satisfaction

Jim

JimCentral Queensland, QLD

3 months old

POOREST QUALITY. 3 months old. 5 high bay roller doors supplied by shed builders with his shed kit. 2 replaced by shed builder. Not game to open any of the 5 doors as they get stuck, unroll unevenly due to the lack of structure support. Took me 4 hours the other day to fix the door so I could lock up the shed.

MazzabSouth East Queensland, QLD

6 days of use in new lifestyle village build - door not able to be used - cannot lock my home!-

Tricia

TriciaPerth, WA

Never buy this brand

Our builder used Gliderol. After a year the bottom rusted. As they are no longer in WA it was their agent that quoted over $1000 to replace one section. Its better value for money to buy a complete new door of a different brand.

Andrew M.

Andrew M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lasted 7 months

My original roller door not a glide roller lasted 14 years. Had a gliderol door fitted after my original door damaged by wind. Gliderol door lasted 7 months. The tracks bent and the door had stress ripples throughout. Contacted gliderol and they said as wind caused it no warranty. They would send someone out at my cost. Were not interested at all. Door has now been replaced.

Don JohnsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible low quality junk!

Randall

RandallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless company.

Biggest piece of junk I’ve come across

Donna M.

Donna M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do NOT use this company

They replaced 2 existing doors to our house and in the process of this install cracked and damaged the brick piers. Follow them up numerous times they do not respond and this was va email and phone calls and no response until you mention your next stop is Consumer Affairs and then they start quoting the terms of their warranty does not cover any damage they cause to your property during the install process.
I would not recommend them to anyone!!

James D.

James D.

Return customer

Have used Gliderol for many years and have never had a problem with any of their doors.
Always provided us with good quality Australian made doors.
The GRD factory fit motors are great for jobs with minimal sideroom.

Store LocationSmithfield
Chutz

ChutzGold Coast

Gliderol Industrial roller doors are garbage

We bought a brand new Gliderol 6m high by 5.5m wide direct from Gliderol and had them install it in a new factory.
Within 12 months the motor (the size of a cars windscreen wiper motor) had failed and the door was spinning. Gliderol sent a service guy out who just jammed a heap of 40mm tex screws into the plastic barrel. For the next year every time we manually pulled the door up metal from the door would drop out, the door tore itself to pieces. Gliderol would not come back out to inspect, since getting up on the ladder and seeing how these doors are made, I can assure you they are cheap junk. An Industrial Roller Door should last 20 years, this door lasted 3 and we had to rip it out.

Jack

Jack

Stuff you around

We bought the door with flat panels. They had ripples all the way through them. We called them up and they said it was something called canning. Finally got them to replace it with a door that looked worse, this time after getting the runaround they finally replace it again but it looks just like the first one. Not only does it look terrible you need to drive all the way up to the door and point the remote at it. If you have it to low in the car, it won’t work. And it’s really noisy.

Brad M

Brad MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gliderol Glidermatic door that won’t close

My partner had an electronic door installed when her house was built. The door has not worked properly since it was installed. The door goes up and down whenever it likes. It came down whilst my partner was reversing out and caused $600 worth of damage. Today it won’t shut and the idiot I spoke to could not help with a contact to fix it on a Saturday He said he could not help. I will report to Gliderol on Monday. The service is bloody ridiculous and is non existent. The last person that came out after the car was damaged looked at it and said it seemed okay. Hopeless. Would not recommend this type of door to anyone It will also be put on Facebook to warn others about these doors.

Terrible!!! Builders please don’t use this brand.

Got a new house built in WA, house about 3 years old got two doors installed had nothing but trouble, they don’t even sell or service them here now, office staff weren’t nice either, I’ve decided just to replace them, I’d advice to stay away, thanks.

Michael Wilson

Michael WilsonMunno Para

Very bad service

I ordered garage door repair specialists twice from this company, because garage door under warranty, but they came twice, and the door after these visits has the same defects - the door touches the brick wall. I must write a request for Consumer and Business Affairs and recommend a construction company that has built my house, stop using Glilderol Garage Doors as a supplier and installer of garage doors because this company destroys the reputation of a construction company. I am completely dissatisfied with the service of Glilderol Doors.

richardg

richardg

So far so good after 5 years

I had a Glidermatic GTS 2000 installed in Feb 2013 and has been trouble free for 5 years and we use it twice daily in average which is great, considering I never had it serviced. It failed for the first time last night where it could only open for up to 1 metre high. After inspecting the overhead chain, it appeared that the chain location clip was in the wrong spot. I dug out the manual and went straight to the trouble-shooting page, and found the solution. I had to open the Powerhead cover and reprogram the limits which were pretty straight forward and took about 10 mins to do. I then greased the chain and hopefully it will last me for another 4 to 5 years.

Sunny

SunnyMelbourne

Terrbile service

Got garage door through Metricon, had a problem w wheels & was told that factory faulty but didn't fixed w new ones. After 10 months later seems too noisy to open & close the door so called service. Now it's not warranty so they want me to pay for the service.
Why don't they fix properly when it was under warranty? Sent email about this issue more than 2 weeks ago, still haven't got any reply back. So much ripped off.
Can't believe this.

Terrible! Beeping issues!

The control box of Gliderol never stops beeping! Initially for 3-4 month’s it worked fine! And then all of a sudden, the control box has started beeping! We have to keep switching it off and then on! Useless product try and avoid it!

RickD

RickD

Gliderol Garage Doors - Faulty Products & Worst Customer Service nightmare. Strongly Don't recommend

Hate looking at my garage door

I had the Tuscan panel installed... Terrible finish! You can see gaps in where the panels should sit flush. Very disappointed!!! Would never recommend this product.

George1953AU

Gliderol -Another Word for Junk

Installed about four years ago. Three months after installation it wouldn't go all the way down leaving a 3cm gap. I waited 6 weeks for installer to reset. Worked okay for another three months before the gap started to reappear. I waited another 4 or so weeks for it to be reset. Third time the installer promised to replace it if it happens again. Since December 2016 I have left 3 messages but installer won't reply. Gliderol tell me they no longer have a Perth office and their product only carries a 2 year warranty. Their recommended repairer advised me to replace with an alternative brand. Looks like I'll be another $660 out of pocket.

George1953

Keep getting asked for suggestions how to solve their gliderol problems.
Best suggestion I can give is " get rid of the junk".

Gee Cee

Gee Ceeasked

I have a 5 year old gliderol sectional garage door and have had no problems with it's operation however I've noticed small flakes of paint coming off the top panel and bulkhead only. My neighbour has a very similar looking garage door (number of panels, size and colour finish) that has the very same issue but I'm yet to ask him of the brand. I don't live near the beach, don't store any corrosive products and only used water to wash the door. Seems odd that none of the other panels have this problem and that my neighbour's door has the same issue. Anyone else had this problem?

Mazzab

sorry cannot assist, however my issue with the failure of the gliderol door within me using it in the first week that I occupied my new home, may have been caused by the incorrect installation. It would seem that the door was not level!!!????.

Mark K.

Mark K.asked

glideroll gts 2000 door opens but does not close i close it manually then push it back up beeps 3 times then works re-ocurring problem please help

Don Johnson

Replace door, do not buy this brand again. The quality is very poor.

Tom F

Tom Fasked

I have a glideol GTS model and when the door closes fully it automatically reopens on its own.
Is there something simple for this problem to be foxed.

Berry
Berry

Same model and the same problem just started - it closes but reopens - Did you find a fix for this Tom F? Seems you didn't get a response from anyone here...
Can anyone help with this?

Donna C.
Donna C.

I am in same boat! Blooming thing stuck up. Can't get it down. Remote not working, tried replacing battery with no luck. All Gliderol offices closed for weekend!!! In a major pickle as my house is now exposed to all passersby. Any other emergency helplines??