Gliderol Garage Doors

Online Store, Physical Store

• Job Satisfaction
Guillermo Kongfook

Guillermo KongfookMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Gliderol sells bad quality garage door openers and have a bad maintenance service

Maudie

Maudie

Please keep the door shut

We had quite a few issues with the automation of our Gliderol Roller door and finally had a replacement motor sent to us. All has been going reasonably well until 6 months ago. Frequently when using the remote to close the door (on our way out) we come home to find the door fully open??? And so it needs resetting... frequently. Not good to go out presuming your home is safely locked up but that tricky little gadget (the remote) or (the motor) thinks otherwise. And so after all the issues we have had right from the day of purchase I would not recommend a Gliderol Roller Door for your garage. This unit is only 4 yrs 6 months old. Don't feel like the expense of replacing it.

Melinda

MelindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible service.

Garage door company that installed a Gliderol door for a client. Terrible oil canning. Finally got the to replace panels. Still oil canning. No help from this company. Will never recommend their doors as they say oil canning is to their standard. I wouldn’t like it on my house so why should they supply like that. Will not compensate the client in any way or refund even part of their money. Or replace. Makes our business look incompetent. “Up to their standards”. Their standard is terrible. Do not ever recommend Or use Gliderol doors.

Jim

JimCentral Queensland, QLD

3 months old

POOREST QUALITY. 3 months old. 5 high bay roller doors supplied by shed builders with his shed kit. 2 replaced by shed builder. Not game to open any of the 5 doors as they get stuck, unroll unevenly due to the lack of structure support. Took me 4 hours the other day to fix the door so I could lock up the shed.

MazzabSouth East Queensland, QLD

6 days of use in new lifestyle village build - door not able to be used - cannot lock my home!-

Tricia

TriciaPerth, WA

Never buy this brand

Our builder used Gliderol. After a year the bottom rusted. As they are no longer in WA it was their agent that quoted over $1000 to replace one section. Its better value for money to buy a complete new door of a different brand.

Andrew M.

Andrew M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lasted 7 months

My original roller door not a glide roller lasted 14 years. Had a gliderol door fitted after my original door damaged by wind. Gliderol door lasted 7 months. The tracks bent and the door had stress ripples throughout. Contacted gliderol and they said as wind caused it no warranty. They would send someone out at my cost. Were not interested at all. Door has now been replaced.

Don Johnson

Don JohnsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible low quality junk!

Randall

RandallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless company.

Find out how Gliderol Garage Doors compares to other Door & Window Shops

Biggest piece of junk I’ve come across

Donna M.

Donna M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do NOT use this company

They replaced 2 existing doors to our house and in the process of this install cracked and damaged the brick piers. Follow them up numerous times they do not respond and this was va email and phone calls and no response until you mention your next stop is Consumer Affairs and then they start quoting the terms of their warranty does not cover any damage they cause to your property during the install process.
I would not recommend them to anyone!!

James D.

James D.

Return customer

Have used Gliderol for many years and have never had a problem with any of their doors.
Always provided us with good quality Australian made doors.
The GRD factory fit motors are great for jobs with minimal sideroom.

Store LocationSmithfield
Chutz

ChutzGold Coast

Gliderol Industrial roller doors are garbage

We bought a brand new Gliderol 6m high by 5.5m wide direct from Gliderol and had them install it in a new factory.
Within 12 months the motor (the size of a cars windscreen wiper motor) had failed and the door was spinning. Gliderol sent a service guy out who just jammed a heap of 40mm tex screws into the plastic barrel. For the next year every time we manually pulled the door up metal from the door would drop out, the door tore itself to pieces. Gliderol would not come back out to inspect, since getting up on the ladder and seeing how these doors are made, I can assure you they are cheap junk. An Industrial Roller Door should last 20 years, this door lasted 3 and we had to rip it out.

Jack

Jack

Stuff you around

We bought the door with flat panels. They had ripples all the way through them. We called them up and they said it was something called canning. Finally got them to replace it with a door that looked worse, this time after getting the runaround they finally replace it again but it looks just like the first one. Not only does it look terrible you need to drive all the way up to the door and point the remote at it. If you have it to low in the car, it won’t work. And it’s really noisy.

Brad M

Brad MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gliderol Glidermatic door that won’t close

My partner had an electronic door installed when her house was built. The door has not worked properly since it was installed. The door goes up and down whenever it likes. It came down whilst my partner was reversing out and caused $600 worth of damage. Today it won’t shut and the idiot I spoke to could not help with a contact to fix it on a Saturday He said he could not help. I will report to Gliderol on Monday. The service is bloody ridiculous and is non existent. The last person that came out after the car was damaged looked at it and said it seemed okay. Hopeless. Would not recommend this type of door to anyone It will also be put on Facebook to warn others about these doors.

Find out how Gliderol Garage Doors compares to other Door & Window Shops

Terrible!!! Builders please don’t use this brand.

Got a new house built in WA, house about 3 years old got two doors installed had nothing but trouble, they don’t even sell or service them here now, office staff weren’t nice either, I’ve decided just to replace them, I’d advice to stay away, thanks.

Michael Wilson

Michael WilsonMunno Para

Very bad service

I ordered garage door repair specialists twice from this company, because garage door under warranty, but they came twice, and the door after these visits has the same defects - the door touches the brick wall. I must write a request for Consumer and Business Affairs and recommend a construction company that has built my house, stop using Glilderol Garage Doors as a supplier and installer of garage doors because this company destroys the reputation of a construction company. I am completely dissatisfied with the service of Glilderol Doors.

richardg

richardg

So far so good after 5 years

I had a Glidermatic GTS 2000 installed in Feb 2013 and has been trouble free for 5 years and we use it twice daily in average which is great, considering I never had it serviced. It failed for the first time last night where it could only open for up to 1 metre high. After inspecting the overhead chain, it appeared that the chain location clip was in the wrong spot. I dug out the manual and went straight to the trouble-shooting page, and found the solution. I had to open the Powerhead cover and reprogram the limits which were pretty straight forward and took about 10 mins to do. I then greased the chain and hopefully it will last me for another 4 to 5 years.

Sunny

SunnyMelbourne

Terrbile service

Got garage door through Metricon, had a problem w wheels & was told that factory faulty but didn't fixed w new ones. After 10 months later seems too noisy to open & close the door so called service. Now it's not warranty so they want me to pay for the service.
Why don't they fix properly when it was under warranty? Sent email about this issue more than 2 weeks ago, still haven't got any reply back. So much ripped off.
Can't believe this.

Terrible! Beeping issues!

The control box of Gliderol never stops beeping! Initially for 3-4 month’s it worked fine! And then all of a sudden, the control box has started beeping! We have to keep switching it off and then on! Useless product try and avoid it!

Krizza H

Krizza Hasked

Hi
I have 2 gliderol door

I managed to sync the back door. But the front one won’t sync.
I did the exact same procedure. Pressed learn and pressed remote button. But it does nothing

The motor was working a week ago. On another remote and it now won’t work on that remote either?

Any ideas how to fix it

Natalie Ofner

Natalie Ofnerasked

We tried manual operation, as power outage nearby last night - thought we should know how to put into manual mode. Worked it out but door will only open half way - not sure why - can anyone help? Thank you

Mazzab

woopsie was replying to Natalie and then submitted the reply without completing same! So. Natalie you have given me a jolt in that I had not even considered what to do in such circumstances as a blackout! Must no go and read the instructions in this regard. Also re the problems that I had with the door going up and being disengaged due to a wire coil coming loose and being wrapped around part of the door. Also I must now respond also to my original complete re this problem with the door, seemingly it may no have been the fault of the actual door itself, rather that the fault lay in the manner in which the door was installed. Seemingly it was not set level., hence the problem. I will just wait and see, but hope that I do not have a repeat performance!

Andy Dingwallasked

Can anyone give me advice on why my remote batteries need replaced Avery few weeks? I am constantly having to replace the batteries ,this as after very few activations.

Mazzab

check out the brand of batteries perhaps?

Andy Dingwall

Tried different brands and using the correct model number on batteries still only lasting a few days.

Mazzab

Perhaps you should contact Gliderol direct with this problem, and perhaps also advise them of this Review web site