Online Store, Physical Store

• Job Satisfaction
Bill

BillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid like the plague

Door sounds terrible - clunks and whines so loudly it can be heard by our neighbour across the street. Service tech says the sound is coming from the motor but Gliderol don't want to take any responsibility for their faulty product even though it's only 2 1/2 years since installation in a new home.

Bruce

BruceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gliderol Garage Doors; Great product works well.

We have had a Gliderol Glidermatic Garage door for 25 years and 1 service by Fantastic Garage Doors during the years- we have decided to replace it with a new Gliderol Door as we have been very pleased with Gliderol Products and Fantastic Garage Doors is doing the replacement work - Ohh there isn’t any wrong with the Old door just that it is old and should be retired after 25 successfully working well at all times. And still going strong. Anyone want a second hand Gliderol Garage Door its still works well.

Terrible

Called Gliderol to come and look at door. told me they would ring an hour before turning up but did not.
booked job in - gave rough time did not turn up as were too busy with other jobs. booked another day at specific time. did not turn up. rang them and they said they had to reschedule. I told them not to bother

Henpecked

Henpeckedsouth australia, 5043

Adelaide Install - on time, on budget, Sales person quote and installer both V good.

Shane came and quoted, almost exactly 4 weeks later, Luke came and installed. It was on time, on budget, and a very clean install. Shane was one of the more competent guys who came to quote from various businesses, Luke was clean, tidy, knew what he was doing and was perhaps their most experienced sub-contractor.
I was very happy with both of these guys, I think your experience clearly depends upon who you get and how well your shed/garage/carport is built and prepared. I also think your own attitude may well play a part.
I don't know about longevity as yet , but I'm very happy to recommend both these guys here in Adelaide.
I'll report back in 12 months

Store LocationAdelaide
nick....

nick....Kedron

Run Run Run Run AWAY !!!

This is a genuine one start review. Everything about this company is terrible. The only thing that’s worse than their complete lack of concern for their customers is the quality of their garage doors. In less than one year the tin foil dodgy so called garage door we bought literally fell apart. When we called them out to assess the door they accused us of hitting it with our car !!! That’s the kind of service you can expect. They provide a completely dodgy unsafe product and then accuse you of causing the damage. I literally hope they go under.

Store LocationQld
Angel

AngelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Gliderol sells bad quality garage door openers and have a bad maintenance service

Maudie

Maudie

Please keep the door shut

We had quite a few issues with the automation of our Gliderol Roller door and finally had a replacement motor sent to us. All has been going reasonably well until 6 months ago. Frequently when using the remote to close the door (on our way out) we come home to find the door fully open??? And so it needs resetting... frequently. Not good to go out presuming your home is safely locked up but that tricky little gadget (the remote) or (the motor) thinks otherwise. And so after all the issues we have had right from the day of purchase I would not recommend a Gliderol Roller Door for your garage. This unit is only 4 yrs 6 months old. Don't feel like the expense of replacing it.

Melinda

MelindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible service.

Garage door company that installed a Gliderol door for a client. Terrible oil canning. Finally got the to replace panels. Still oil canning. No help from this company. Will never recommend their doors as they say oil canning is to their standard. I wouldn’t like it on my house so why should they supply like that. Will not compensate the client in any way or refund even part of their money. Or replace. Makes our business look incompetent. “Up to their standards”. Their standard is terrible. Do not ever recommend Or use Gliderol doors.

Jim

JimCentral Queensland, QLD

3 months old

POOREST QUALITY. 3 months old. 5 high bay roller doors supplied by shed builders with his shed kit. 2 replaced by shed builder. Not game to open any of the 5 doors as they get stuck, unroll unevenly due to the lack of structure support. Took me 4 hours the other day to fix the door so I could lock up the shed.

MazzabSouth East Queensland, QLD

6 days of use in new lifestyle village build - door not able to be used - cannot lock my home!-

Tricia

TriciaPerth, WA

Never buy this brand

Our builder used Gliderol. After a year the bottom rusted. As they are no longer in WA it was their agent that quoted over $1000 to replace one section. Its better value for money to buy a complete new door of a different brand.

Andrew M.

Andrew M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lasted 7 months

My original roller door not a glide roller lasted 14 years. Had a gliderol door fitted after my original door damaged by wind. Gliderol door lasted 7 months. The tracks bent and the door had stress ripples throughout. Contacted gliderol and they said as wind caused it no warranty. They would send someone out at my cost. Were not interested at all. Door has now been replaced.

Don Johnson

Don JohnsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible low quality junk!

Randall

RandallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless company.

Amanda C.

Amanda C.

Biggest piece of junk I’ve come across

Donna M.

Donna M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do NOT use this company

They replaced 2 existing doors to our house and in the process of this install cracked and damaged the brick piers. Follow them up numerous times they do not respond and this was va email and phone calls and no response until you mention your next stop is Consumer Affairs and then they start quoting the terms of their warranty does not cover any damage they cause to your property during the install process.
I would not recommend them to anyone!!

James D.

James D.

Return customer

Have used Gliderol for many years and have never had a problem with any of their doors.
Always provided us with good quality Australian made doors.
The GRD factory fit motors are great for jobs with minimal sideroom.

Store LocationSmithfield
Chutz

ChutzGold Coast

Gliderol Industrial roller doors are garbage

We bought a brand new Gliderol 6m high by 5.5m wide direct from Gliderol and had them install it in a new factory.
Within 12 months the motor (the size of a cars windscreen wiper motor) had failed and the door was spinning. Gliderol sent a service guy out who just jammed a heap of 40mm tex screws into the plastic barrel. For the next year every time we manually pulled the door up metal from the door would drop out, the door tore itself to pieces. Gliderol would not come back out to inspect, since getting up on the ladder and seeing how these doors are made, I can assure you they are cheap junk. An Industrial Roller Door should last 20 years, this door lasted 3 and we had to rip it out.

Jack

Jack

Stuff you around

We bought the door with flat panels. They had ripples all the way through them. We called them up and they said it was something called canning. Finally got them to replace it with a door that looked worse, this time after getting the runaround they finally replace it again but it looks just like the first one. Not only does it look terrible you need to drive all the way up to the door and point the remote at it. If you have it to low in the car, it won’t work. And it’s really noisy.

Brad M

Brad MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gliderol Glidermatic door that won’t close

My partner had an electronic door installed when her house was built. The door has not worked properly since it was installed. The door goes up and down whenever it likes. It came down whilst my partner was reversing out and caused $600 worth of damage. Today it won’t shut and the idiot I spoke to could not help with a contact to fix it on a Saturday He said he could not help. I will report to Gliderol on Monday. The service is bloody ridiculous and is non existent. The last person that came out after the car was damaged looked at it and said it seemed okay. Hopeless. Would not recommend this type of door to anyone It will also be put on Facebook to warn others about these doors.