Global Chef's Knife

4.2

Robert Gill

Robert Gill

Best ever

Postage great problem fixed fast looks great on my bench . The extras are handy and as I am the cook I love good knives They are very stylish and my wives lives them

Purchased in June 2020 for A$114.00.

Northman

NorthmanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not really a chef's knife.

Bought a knife block including this G2 cook knife. Feel too thin and light to handle hard or big stuff compare to my old fashioned cook knife. I always have a great fear of the knife broken in my hand when chop hard or big stuff like pumpkin. It's a good looking knife but not for the chef.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse VIC, Box Hill.

annazianna

annaziannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Such a shame it caused pain

Purchased in January 2019 at eBay for A$95.00.

Nitro5

Nitro5Perth, WA

Great Knife

Received one of this knives for my Birthday. I like the shape of it and how it handles.
My chopping skills have improved a lot. I am going to slowly buy more and complete my set.

Purchased in July 2019.

bec

becSydney, NSW

Like Butter Baby!

Call me weird but there is nothing more satisfying to me than getting a razor sharp edge on this knife then slicing through tomatoes .... like they're soft butter!
This knife, looks great, it feels great and it slices beautifully!
I'm always looking for the next Global knife to add to my collection. They are a statement piece in any kitchen!

Purchased in April 2017 at Victoria's Basement for A$80.00.

malcolm

malcolmGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

compliments to the chef

Purchased in December 2004.

Standard

StandardVictoria, Australia

Doesn't Last

Bought a set of Global Knives from House while on special, however soon discovered these knives don't last. 3 of the knives chipped within the first month and the rest were chipped throughout the year. With the blades chipped, it's really hard to cut any types of meats, as the sinews gets caught in the groove. What's the point of lifetime warranty if chips are not covered? In contrast our cheaper Scanpan blades work perfectly, and are much cheaper too. Save your money for products that actually work as intended.

Date PurchasedJul 2011
Chinny

ChinnyAU

Solid

really really really good and solid. Durable, sharp and does what it is supposed to. It does its job. I especially like the grip, very comfortable and stable for precision.

Date PurchasedSep 2011
Tsuska

TsuskaSydney

Fantastic knfie at great value

This is a fantastic knife to use for whatever you want. This came with the Global Takashi set that I bought. It is very sharp, and seems to maintain its edge relatively well. It's not a super light knife but is not very heavy either.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Dave H1

Dave H1Sydney

Phenomenal Knife Set

We recently purchased the Global “Katana” 6 piece knife set and block at a terrific price from Peter’s of Kensington. I am astonished at how good these knives are. The chef’s knife, the bread knife, the paring knife - all beautifully crafted, so comfortable in the hand and so wonderfully sharp. Meal preparation is an absolute joy with these knives. I wondered what all the fuss was about, having had a set of Mundial knives for the last 15 years. Now I know - the Global knife is so, so much better. If you’re serious about the time you spend in the kitchen then do yourself a favour and purchase a set of Global knives; you’ll wonder how you ever cooked without them.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
chantel c

chantel c

love these. save up they are worth it.

I had 1 x chefs knife for years, which ws a great all-rounder, so bought a full set on sale at Peters of Kensington online. These are great knives, but dont put in dishwasher to clean and store on a magnet or knife block to keep them happier longer.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Sharree

SharreePerth, WA

Cant Fault this Knife!

I have owned my Global Chefs Knife for 8 years, it's a beautiful knife to use, excellent weight and easy to clean, it's my 'go to' knife 80% of the time.
About 3 years ago it snapped while my partner was using it, I do not believe this was through any fault of the knife itself. I contact Global Knives and they requested I send it to them for replacement, within a week I had a brand new knife free of charge.
I use a Global knife sharpener to keep it sharp however it would likely benefit from a professional sharpen.

Date PurchasedDec 2008
MonkeyBaby

MonkeyBabyPerth, WA

I have a single piece Global Chef knive for anywhere between 5-10years now.

I absolutely love it. Whilst there are some small kinks to it because I used it to chop hard bones when I probably shouldn't have, it is still sharp as ever.

It was very expensive when I first bought it as you are now able to buy a set for just over $150-$200 on special and I bought mine just under $100.

Overall, I am very happy with it and will continue to use it if/when I need to buy more.

Date PurchasedJan 2008

markirRaumati

Global G-2 Chef Knife

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
markir

With respect to the blunt point - I've found this really annoying, but it is very easy to fix (careful grinding with the knife upside down on a 1000 grid stone gets a nice sharp point)!

Biscuit Lady

Biscuit LadyPerth

Beautiful Practical Knife

I love this knife and I have it a long time. It stays sharp and what I really like is that the knife and handle are one solid piece. It has a nice balance when you're holding it and although my knife skills are less than amazing I think it helps me cut and chop better. The only reason I gave it four instead of five stars is that it got some rust spots on it, near where the handle meets the blade section, which I thought a bit unusual for stainless steel.

Date PurchasedMar 2007
Janet

JanetAustralind

Great experience

We have used one of these for 2 years without having to sharpen it. It makes food preparation a pleasure and we are delighted to purchase one within our budget for a gift.

Excellent knives

Have owned several global knives ,a global ceramic steel and a japanese sharpening stone for years .At least one of the knives and sometimes more are used every day.They never go into the dishwasher and have been cared for properly from day one .I have never had any problems with these knives ever .Would recommend them, they just need to be cared for properly.

Best Knives I've Had for 10 years

Jacqueline

JacquelineMelbourne

Poor Quality, over priced, poor company!