Global Chef's Knife

Global Chef's Knife

See the Best Kitchen Knives in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Global Knives? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Best steel I've encountered....

The steel in these knives is the best in a commercial brand I have encountered.....keeps it's edge for a long time compared to other brands we have had and is razor sharp using wetstone etc. Responds very well to a steel as well to hone. Saw a bad review that stated the two piece construction is a design flaw and weak point which it may well be for really intense users.......conversely probably a catch 22 as it's why I assume Global can also offer a hollow handle/light weight I am guessing...can't have it all???:)

Purchased in October 2019.

galvo
galvoSydney, NSW

crap online process

cannot order online click and correct make it simple stupid very frustrating rang up girl from ikea and she was a dope as well not happy jan try making it easler

Stuart W
Stuart WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BEWARE, these are NOT premium knives and are a flawed design.

Purchased in February 2012 at Myer for $539.00.

Elias B.
Elias B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Smallest handle ever

The knife has issues. It has the smallest and thinnest handle I have ever tried. It got me blisters on the hand from its odd shape.
I have an average size hand, and it doesn't fit on the handle.
Very disappointing, because the blade is great, good size and sharp.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kitchenware.com.au for $129.00.

Robert Gill
Robert Gill

Best ever

Postage great problem fixed fast looks great on my bench . The extras are handy and as I am the cook I love good knives They are very stylish and my wives lives them

Purchased in June 2020 for $114.00.

Northman
NorthmanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not really a chef's knife.

Bought a knife block including this G2 cook knife. Feel too thin and light to handle hard or big stuff compare to my old fashioned cook knife. I always have a great fear of the knife broken in my hand when chop hard or big stuff like pumpkin. It's a good looking knife but not for the chef.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse VIC, Box Hill.

annazianna
annaziannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Such a shame it caused pain

Purchased in January 2019 at eBay for $95.00.

Nitro5
Nitro5Perth, WA

Great Knife

Received one of this knives for my Birthday. I like the shape of it and how it handles.
My chopping skills have improved a lot. I am going to slowly buy more and complete my set.

Purchased in July 2019.

bec
becSydney, NSW

Like Butter Baby!

Call me weird but there is nothing more satisfying to me than getting a razor sharp edge on this knife then slicing through tomatoes .... like they're soft butter!
This knife, looks great, it feels great and it slices beautifully!
I'm always looking for the next Global knife to add to my collection. They are a statement piece in any kitchen!

Purchased in April 2017 at Victoria's Basement for $80.00.

malcolm
malcolmGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

compliments to the chef

Purchased in December 2004.

Standard
StandardVictoria, Australia

Doesn't Last

Bought a set of Global Knives from House while on special, however soon discovered these knives don't last. 3 of the knives chipped within the first month and the rest were chipped throughout the year. With the blades chipped, it's really hard to cut any types of meats, as the sinews gets caught in the groove. What's the point of lifetime warranty if chips are not covered? In contrast our cheaper Scanpan blades work perfectly, and are much cheaper too. Save your money for products that actually work as intended.

Date PurchasedJuly 2011

Chinny
ChinnyAU

Solid

really really really good and solid. Durable, sharp and does what it is supposed to. It does its job. I especially like the grip, very comfortable and stable for precision.

Date PurchasedSept 2011

Tsuska
TsuskaSydney

Fantastic knfie at great value

This is a fantastic knife to use for whatever you want. This came with the Global Takashi set that I bought. It is very sharp, and seems to maintain its edge relatively well. It's not a super light knife but is not very heavy either.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Dave H1
Dave H1Sydney

Phenomenal Knife Set

We recently purchased the Global “Katana” 6 piece knife set and block at a terrific price from Peter’s of Kensington. I am astonished at how good these knives are. The chef’s knife, the bread knife, the paring knife - all beautifully crafted, so comfortable in the hand and so wonderfully sharp. Meal preparation is an absolute joy with these knives. I wondered what all the fuss was about, having had a set of Mundial knives for the last 15 years. Now I know - the Global knife is so, so much better. If you’re serious about the time you spend in the kitchen then do yourself a favour and purchase a set of Global knives; you’ll wonder how you ever cooked without them.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
chantel c
chantel c

love these. save up they are worth it.

I had 1 x chefs knife for years, which ws a great all-rounder, so bought a full set on sale at Peters of Kensington online. These are great knives, but dont put in dishwasher to clean and store on a magnet or knife block to keep them happier longer.

Date PurchasedJan 2015