Global Knives Ikasu Knife Block Set

Global Knives Ikasu Knife Block Set

See the Best Kitchen Knives in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Global Knives? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

elle49
elle49perth

Rusty rubbish

Rust stains appeared on the knives about 2 weeks after purchase. Even with instant drying after washing.
I can leave my supermarket cutlery soaking in the sink and they never rust. Kitchenware house not interested and manufacture wont cover rust. I was hoping for better when I saved up for these knives.

Purchased at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $299.

Andrew N.
Andrew N.Sydney, NSW

Best set of Knife

Love this set of knives, and the difference good knives make! The design is pleasing, both the block and the knife set itself. A pleasure to use, good weight, well balanced that feels great to use with a clean design. , easy to clean up - The best knives I have ever had, very pleased with this purchase.

Purchased in January 2021 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $329.95.

E Brow
E BrowHunter Region, NSW

Shop around

Make sure you shop around before purchasing. I had tried these knives at a friend's house and thought they were amazing. I went straight to the Global Knives site to purchase. The next day I found them $160.00 cheaper on a reputable homewares site. I contacted Global knives to see if they would price match which they wouldn't. They offered to refund my whole purchase rather than offer a credit to my credit card which I considered less than optimal customer service and seemingly poor business sense given that they were prepared to lose over $500 worth of business rather than keep a customer. Apart from that I believe the knives are good.

Purchased in February 2021 at Global Knives.

Northman
NorthmanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A good looking knife set.

Good looking knife set. You can see the blade shines through the window. Good for a tiny kitchen bench. Value for money $330 for 6 knifes and a well designed bamboo block. I give 3 stars for it. The 2 missing stars for the cook knife. Once you hold knife you feel it far behind the traditional cook knife. It's too light and thin to cut hard stuff like pumpkin.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse VIC, Box Hill for $330.

Kitchen Knives

Find out how Global Knives Ikasu Knife Block Set compares to other Kitchen Knives

Anthony C.
Anthony C.Perth, WA

They go blunt very quickly

Already blunt after using them only a few times. I've only cut on wood and plastic boards, have always hand washed and dried immediately and have only cut soft foods.

Purchased at Myer.

Moonie Michael
Moonie MichaelSouth West, WA

Now I have the sharpest knife in the block!

Global, the brand loved by everyone.
They stay sharper for longer, easily cared for with Global sharpeners.
Stylish & convenient storage.
Cooking can be more CREATIVE and less of a CHORE.
Handle designed to better fit the shape of a human hand, perfection!
I highly recommend for anyone, they're a higher priced item, but they're worth every cent I guarantee.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse.

annie1962
annie1962

Great knives as long as they are maintained

I got these on 'sale' online many moons ago and must say that they are really good value for money... it's important to have a knife that fits well into your hands and these are very ergonomic.
The stand that comes with the knives consist of wood with perspex and if not kept really clean can look rather ordinary. The perspex can crack easily and one good thing is that both perspex sheets can slide out to be cleaned
Look after them and get them sharpened properly and they'll be with you for life. Oh and handle carefully because when sharp.. they're SHARP.

Purchased in July 2016 for $399.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
mikema
mikema

Good value Japanese knife block - provided you don't pay too much

Purchased in January 2019 at Overseas for $100.

Chris
ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Use your money to buy some other knifes

Rust spots appeared after using one week. They won't claim it in warranty. They said it is not manufacturing problem. It is sharp knife. But stainless knife should never have rust. I can only say the knife doesn't no deserve this price.

Purchased in January 2019 for $230.

Aaa
AaaLondon

These Knives are utter garbage

You pay a reasonable price and you might think you would be buying a quality product. Not the case, I'm throwing these away after a little over a year. These low grade , over priced knives are complete junk.

Unreliable guarantee, should you attempt to use this you will only met by denial and deflection. An unethical and unprofessional UK distributors,

Low priced knives replaced regular would provide considerably better value for money than this rubbish.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Saz
Saz

Great knives

My husband had wanted a quality knife set for years, so I finally bought him this set last Christmas. He was really happy with them and they look great on display on our bench as well. It has now been six months of daily use and they're still as super sharp as the day we first used them. Great product.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
KellieL
KellieLSydney

Same problem as everyone else

I have had this knife set for just over a year and use them most days but I have the same issue everyone else has, rust spots.

I have always followed the care instructions but still most of the knives have spots where the handle meets the blade.

for the price of Global knives, this should not happen.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Greg
GregPerth, WA

Products not warranted for manufacture faults

Always loved my Globals except for continuous rust spots, especially near where the handle is welded onto the blades.

After the handle snapped off one of my 14” vegetable knives I discovered Global don’t care. They admit rust spots will exist and are excluded from warranty claims. They have ignored all correspondence regarding the handle failure. Very ordinary service and poor products for the price

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Well you do know

Its not.only the knives that need yo be kept clean and dry but also the block. The inside wood would build conjestio. if not sterilized and cleaned you knives will develope rust off that as well. Get a knife bag.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Not bad but super dangerous!

Great knives although I did notice a little rust on them after using them for a few weeks. Just wanted to warn people about the dangers of these knives. They are super sharp and I have cut myself literally twice in the two weeks of owing them, the second cut was so bad I had to go to the hospital and get stitches. I’m not trying to bad mouth these knives but you really have no room for error with these and if you have pets at home or kids make sure they are no where near the kitchen when cooking. Great knives but use them with caution

Date PurchasedMar 2018