Go To Gate

Go To Gate

• Trip Completed Yes (67) · No (281)
  • Ease of Booking

Drago

DragoSouth East Queensland, QLD

SCAM!!! STAY AWAY!!!

No refunds! No vouchers! No tickets! No holiday!!! Customer service is non existent! The worst company as they take your money and after that you are non existent for them!!! STAY AWAY!!! Would give zero stars if possible!

krishani m.

krishani m.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never book with gotogate

I'm still waiting for my interstate flight credit from this company. They are quick to take your money and are very illusive and still don't answer the phone. Warning to never use these scammers ever again covid or not

naresh P.

naresh P.Sydney, NSW

big scam

they will take your money and won't know you. there is no office. phone number doesn't work, if you lucky and get to their voice recorded it says check online but nothing will show online. you can send them email but they will just reply copy paste random answer and ask to contact Airline even though Airline has already refunded your money to Gotogate. I just cant believe how such kind of company still in operation.

bob

bobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gotogate should use the name- Take your money and run...

I used booking.com to hold a unite in Perth, on their website was - Flight bookings which took you to -Gotogate.com , I used them to book flights also paid for their - ( Cancellation Protection & Support Package - cover for COVID-19 cancellation ). A lockdown - booking.com cancelled unite online no trouble. Tried to phone Gotogate - message said to use online form to cancel flight booking which I did and received confirmation. Got text from Qantas - flight hadn't been cancelled. I emailed Gotogate again with order number to arrange cancellation and refund, getting confirmation reply as before, I've contacted Qantas myself to cancel flights, still waiting for Gotogate to arrange refund.

Clint

ClintSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute Scam And Disgusting Customer Service.

Matheus

MatheusSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Worst company ever

I had to cancel my flights from Brisbane to Perth this week, because the borders were closed due to COVID. I called GotoGate twice and they told me that I couldn't have the refund, not even a voucher. Then, I asked a friend who works at Flight Centre to call this bad company to verify it as she knows a lot about the contract policies. My friend read the policy from Qantas and convinced the attendant that I could have the voucher. Therefore, GotoGate transferred the booking to Qantas and I got the voucher through them. This completely unacceptable and disrespectful with customers, taking advantage of them. Don't ever buy tickets from this dodgy company.
****** Always book your flights directly with the Airlines.

AVOID AT ANY COST!!!

I purchased cancellation/refund insurance. then on my flight day there was a lockdown in the city i had to fly to. they refused to assist and keep delaying me!
just avoid that company.

Ruth

Ruth

Never use an online travel agent. It is not worth the stress. Buy from the airline direct

I tried for over a year to get tickets re-written. Only lame excuses why not - including the fact that they actually purchased my ticket with Air North through a German company. NOT MY DOING.
They finally agreed to write the ticket and gave me 10 days to use the ticket - no good at all
Save your mental health and give up and never use online travel agents again. A truly horrible experience.

Kas

KasSouth East Queensland, QLD

No customer service

I purchased cancellation/refund insurance. They said I had up to two hours prior to flight to activate. I gave one week and my flight was cancelled. They have refused to assist.
Do not use this company.

Tim P

Tim PRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Horrible organisation. It’s basically a scam

Omar S.

Omar S.Illawarra, NSW

Very unprofessional and dodgy

Booked a flight through their website, flight was canceled by the airlines.
Contacted go to gate several times by calling their phone number and email them and still after 6 weeks no response from them .
Contacted the airline direct and they advised me that they have refunded the money back to go to gate the same day flight was canceled.

Allan

AllanSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

unreliable

I booked a flight via Gotogate which was cancelled by the airline on the 7th January 2021. I contacted the airline and they gave me proof that they had refunded Gotogate on the 8th January 2021. Despite several emails to Gotogate I have yet to receive my refund. My advice to would be travellers....DON"T use Gotogate !!!

Diwakar S.

Diwakar S.South East Queensland, QLD

This is a scam. Never use gotogate.

I paid extra for my luggage, but at the airport, they said you didn't pay for luggage. I tried calling customer care but no response and no refund—worst service in the world.

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

To give comfort to some of you who have purchased through Go To Gate

I recently booked return tickets for 7 from Brisbane to Proserpine.
Virgin outbound and Jetstar back.
I found them to be neither outstanding NOR disastrous either. A transaction with no bells and whistles.
I read the 500+ one-star ratings after purchase and stressed for days thinking I'd been scammed.
No scam, but would have liked a small bell, being better updates, and the ability to check our bookings online.
I did email them with a question, but only found the answer only after calling them directly.
I hope that this puts someone's mind at ease!

Danielle

DanielleSouth West, WA

Less than 1 Star DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE

it comes up on google each time as a cheaper option but it is impossible to get through to make changes or request information or have any customer service.

If you call them its engaged and all emails get returned telling you to call them.

if you buy a flexible ticket thinking you can make changes they tell you the seat price has gone up to still charge you.

Always go direct with the airline

Ease of Booking

audione

audioneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They are horrible scammer.

Now I seriously know that never book a ticket through agency, especially gotogate, I will only book a ticket from airline website directly as they are scammer. It takes 6month to get refund after the flight was canceled by airline due to Covid19, very stressful and it will be return to them one day.

Aditi

AditiVictoria

Scam site

Scam site! Don’t book through pathetic customer service, cancel flights and don’t book after that, say rebooking is available and don’t do anything. Leave the refund, can’t even rebook it. Even xcover insurance is a scam

Smells like money trap

Hidden fees, no refunds, horrid customer service (only email and takes days to respond).

Please do not use them and save yourself the stress.

Perhaps if you wanted to show someone an example of a bad service this may be suitable.

bert

bertGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

scammers

jetstar flight cancelled due to covid...gotogate stated funds held and could be used for alternate flight by contacting them with the new flight details... tried to contact however phone continually busy and alternate number no longer connected... nothing reputable about this company and appears $700+ lost due to their avoiding tatics... f...ing disgrace...

NGS

NGSSydney, NSW

Absolute Scam - Avoid at all costs

Terrible site and an absolute scam of an organisation. I was told that to change a domestic flight I would be charged an additional $350 (I bought the original ticket for $475 return), even after I had contacted them within 24 hours of booking to change the flight. Please avoid at all costs.

Chang L.

Chang L.asked

how did you contact the gotogate company? their phone cannot be connected? anyone can help?

Press / hold down 0 on your phone dial 61 then number by no-one will answer

Joanne

Joanne asked

Why was this company allowed to trade for so long? I too am waiting for a refund from them, even though they have received the airfares from the airline

Dan
Dan

I think they are a disgrace. They should be prevented from trading in countries where they are not providing refunds

David

Will be contacting fair trading don't mind a refund butto be ignored , not acceptable

Zeke R.
Zeke R.

Contacted fair trading for a refund and the company just avoided them so the case was ‘unresolved’ and closed without a refund

srikanth a.

srikanth a.asked

Does anyone know where to lodge a consumer complaint on gotogate ?
I have been waiting for me refund since April 2020

Rohan Bennett
Rohan Bennett

I’ve complained to the ACCC who said they’re dealing with complaints with some travel agents and gave certain advice of avenues to pursue but it may also be appropriate to tell the police I think as their conduct may amount to fraud

miss
miss

Hi Rohan, have you lodged your complaint with Gotogate through the ACCC? I sent an email to gotogate today stating I will contact ACCC on Monday if the simple act of them noting on my flight booking with Virgin that Virgin can deal directly through me is not completed. A Virgin member rang the gotogate contact number numerous times while I was on the phone with her to no avail either... Virgin do not have a contact number for gotogate either. I have flights booked but my current flight booking has me leaving my change over city before my first flight leaves my origin. This needs to be solved before I fly as I am very against being stranded at an airport with 2 kids. I am not cancelling my flights as it is my only way home.
Take care, Melissa.

Melissa M.
Melissa M.

I just had contact from my bank who are refunding all my GTG bookings via the credit card dispute process - I’ll also be calling the ACCC today. I provided proof GTG are uncontactable and they had no problem refunding me