Go To Gate

Go To Gate

See the Best Booking Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

You can’t go past Go to Gate

I was totally amazed by this service. Until 24 hours ago I hadn’t heard of it. I had to make an unexpected trip to Melbourne from Wellington. The deal was fantastic. I’d strongly recommend it.

Booking Type Flights

Requested a Credit for my ticket

I was very disappointed when I requested that my plane flight to Newcastle be credited due to the date being incorrect. I hit the wrong month by mistake. I then asked in an email if my ticket could be credited and used at a later date.

I received confirmation of the ticket cancellation and NO reply from my email request for a credit. I received an email stating I could not have a refund. I did not ask for a refund.

The reply was very disappointing and they did not look to appease or support me.

Booking Type Flights

Do Not Have A Bar Of These People. Total Rip Off Merchants. !!!!!

I Accidentally booked my husband twice on the same flight. When he got to the airport the Qantas staff told him he was booked on twice. So I rang Qantas who said that's fine we will send a waiver to "Go to Gate" to waiver the fare as it was an innocent mistake. Despite numerous calls to their dodgy Indian call centre. Where nobody can help because "I don't have access to your details" What??
Go to Gate have totally ignored the waiver sent from Qantas and out of the original Fare of $255 I ended up getting a refund of $143,92, because of cancellation fees??. The other thing is that with both bookings same flight same person. One fare was $248 and the other one $255. Go Figure ??
Love Sky-scanner, but they should get rid of this mob for sure.

Rip Off

Booked a business class flight and needed to change it to another date. Was told the only flight available which was economy was going to cost me on top of my original ticket another $894 and when I said I wasn't going to pay it they said I couldn't cancel because it was a non refundable ticket. Spent ages on the phone to their India call centre who was no help. Biggest rip off!!!!!

Booking Type Flights

Do not purchase through this agency

Absolutely the worst. Be warned. Do not purchase and Skyscanner should ban them from their list as a flight agency.
I booked and paid for a flight through Gotogate. Got to the airport, booking had not been made so missed my flight.
Called Gotogate and they realised booking was not processed and they assured me they would do immediately
30 mins later, rang them and they informed me booking was cancelled
To make matters worst, refusal of refund so booking cost me more than double and ruined my trip
This company is truly the worst service industry who takes delight in taking customers money
Stay well clear.

Booking Type Flights

This is the worst travel agency. WORST OF THE WORST!!!

This is the worst of the worst travel agency. I made international flight reservations 9 months prior to the flight date. paid $3500 AUD for flights. And now 2 months before my flight I get an e-mail stating that my booking has been canceled, and I will get a refund within 8 weeks. I've been trying to get a response from this e-mail for a week now, and had zero replies and zero information to confirm the status on this mater. I had to urgently buy another set of flight tickets for $4000 because prices have gone up.
I tried ringing them and they simply said they cant help me, and that the refund has to be released by the airline company, so they don't know when I'll get my money back. They didn't even attempt to help me or give me a solution. They simply canceled the flights I booked "7 months ago" and can't give me any information about my refund.

Booking Type Flights

One of the worst travel agent

I would have rated 0 if any present. Can't even help the customer to change the flights dates. Worst travel agent ever. I suggest not to book any flights through this agent to save some $$$.

Scam Scam Scam

I was going to but the flight ticket for a round trip, but I only got one-way flight ticket and they didn't even send me an email to me. Additionally, A$100 is paid without any reasons, so I was trying to talk to them but they didn't even get my phone call...
Do not use this website... Terrible experience I ever got.

Booking Type Flights

Negative stars should be given

Horrible customer service. They are a manipulative and conniving 3rd party company do not book with them! Not sure if they are a scam tbh. Was not easy to change name of the booking or to change booking at all!

Booking Type Flights

Very very terrible. This business needs to be held to account. DO NOT USE.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. No service, support is zero and do not want to assist and customer always differing any conversation to later. With no want to help or assist.

Booking Type Flights

Not real time booking data = scam

Where to start?!? Booked a business class ticket BNE - LHR on Emirates. Websites books as business class, ticket delivered as a 1/2 business 1/2 economy via Emirates. Multiple phone calls to the Indian call center results in them blaming me for an incorrect booking despite the supervisor stating ‘the website does appear to provide incorrect information and can be inaccurate from time to time’. How this company works: they advertise a booking via their website, and then try to match it the following day. ITS NOT LIVE INFORMATION. The Indian booking/call centre tries to match your ticket to your ‘requested booking’. Clearly, they are scamming everyone. Never ever ever ever ever again. And no one should ever use this company. Complete scam

Dodgy Flight Booking Service - Worst Experience

I booked 2 tickets. Had to cancel one for some reason. It took 3 mins to charge my CC. However, even I cancelled 2 months before the due flying date. Still have not received my money back.

Cancellation receipt said 2-4 Weeks processing time. Every time I tried to contact them, call was transferred to Indian call centre and person would give me a new answer. 4 weeks, then 6 weeks now more than 8 weeks. Still nothing.

No customer service!

Its been over three months since I asked for a name correction and change. They keep promising 24-48hours, I have emailed support numerous times and have called them at least 12 times over the past 3months! I keep being told it is either been processed or being authorised and that the delay is due to Cathay Pacific . As a frequent traveller I have never had an issue with Cathay Pacific in the past and have found that any queries have been resolved efficiently and quickly. How can a simple name change take so long?

Booking Type Flights

Please avoid this doggy peoples don't waste your money to save few $$

I would request all please avoid these doggy website poor customer service lot of hidden charges and you ll get nothing if you need to change your plan. Don't get trap with GO TO Gate crap.

Terrible customer service!

Every time I try to call them they have different answers and seems like they don’t care at all. Obviously that company isn’t professional at all. Please don’t book through them!

Booking Type Flights

Can't believe Virgin don't audit these cowboys!

They cannot complete a customer request....after a schedule change they kept putting onto the schedule change department...which was basically a silent phone line which was never ever actually answered. Spoke with Virgin AUSTRALIA AND Virgin Atlantic...both kept referring me ultimately back to Go to Gate..... Even though Birgin Australia seemed to be aware that this third party had a very dodgey reputation...I'm infuriated that there sermss to be no vetting done on these online agents. The poor customer is left unhelped and stranded. Extremely poor customer experience. Boo Virgin no ownership or responsibility taken by anyone.

Questionable & pathetic service

I would never use them. We were first told we could pay extra to have our tickets upgraded which we did. Then when they emailed us the tickets we found they had not been upgraded. We tried calling & was transferred to a Call Centre in India. They explained that we had been under-quoted for our upgrade & it could not be done. When asked to refund the extra money we paid they said it would take 4 - 8 weeks! We informed them that it took 24 hrs to debit our credit card & it should not take 4 - 8 weeks to credit us!. That was how they work, we were told. I will not recommend them or use them again

Booking Type Flights

do not use it. Buggy and unreliable

Used for a flight booking for 2 adults and 1 child
Confirmation was issued with scrambled names
Premium assistance (around 30 euro) is usless
Calling call center means a huge time waste
sending e-mail to customercare@support.ro.gotogate.com sends an automated responce to use the contact form but the link to it is broken.
After 30 min of calling they said that will ask for the name change and will send the amount to be paid by me....seems to me that the buggy site has a reason to be buggy

Booking Type Flights

ADVICE for others using overseas travel agent websites offering cheap flights

I am writing this to offer helpful advice to others before using overseas travel agent websites offering cheap flights due to a negative experience I encountered when using another overseas travel website. Whilst I was lucky not to lose any money or have any flight bookings cancelled (only because I was very proactive after booking my flights with other travel agent), I can only suggest others do what I do now which I will summarise below:
1. Only use overseas travel agent websites offering cheap flights etc to get an idea of the availability of flights/times on your travel date(s). Usually there is no government regulation of these travel agents in other countries. However, if you still want to use the overseas travel agent, I would recommend finding out the following information first before making a flight/accommodation booking with them:
1.1. Do an internet search of reviews of company, and also check if they have a registered address, valid phone number and email address.
1.2 Phone or email them before booking to see what their customer service is like. Ask them to confirm the details about their cancellation policy (read their website policy 1st). Get name of person you spoke to. This information can be used if any issues arise later on after booking through them as you can threaten them with legal action if, for example, they don't refund any monies owed or keep their word about other things they have offered that you have paid for.

2. Once you have found suitable flights through travel agent website, go to airline website and book directly with them. DO NOT BOOK WITH OVERSEAS TRAVEL AGENT unless you think you can trust them. You will also save money by not being charged travel agent fees, processing fees or credit/debit/bank card fees.

3. After paying for flights, irrespective of being booked through travel agent or with airline, phone airline(s) within a few days of booking to confirm flight booking(s) have been paid for. Do this again 1-2 weeks prior to travelling. Contact travel agent if flights have not been paid for within 4-6 business days after booking.

Trip Completed No

Purchased two separate tickets for two people on the same flight.

The first booking was accepted and an email confirmation was sent 3 times with the price 6% higher than advertised. No confirmation was given on the second booking.
I rang Go to Gate Sydney which was transferred to an Indian Call Centre. After 4 minutes a guy answered who said that I needed to wait for 2 to 3 hours to see if my booking had been accepted. I requested to speak to a manager and he said that he would put me through - he did not as I was disconnected. I suspect deliberately disconnected !
I immediately rang back and the phone was answered by a guy named Semit. After saying that I would need to wait for 3 hours and that he said on four occasions that no managers are working today he attempted put me though to the escalations dept 26.5 minutes later I am still waiting.
Do not trust Go to Gate - they are unprofessional and tell untruths. There are much better options available to you.
Frank Kavs
Melbourne

I believe This is one of indian scam company. AFP should investigate about this company. My flight has been cancelled by quantas airline operational reasons. Airline has advised I am eligible for full refund through gogate. But go gate still not processed my refund 2000 dollars. I am waiting since last 5 months.
Given that they have not refunded your money in the past 5 months they clearly have no intention of doing so. I personally would have emailed or phoned them after one month had elapsed informing them that I would take legal action if a full refund was not given in the next 5 working days and that they would be liable for all legal and other costs incurred in recovering the monies owed to you. You can still try this approach and see if they respond and refund your money. If not, you should take legal action and report them to the authorities.I am keep communicating last 5 months. Go gate team keep saying in email refund is in progress and not received response from airlines yet. Qantas advised process must be done through go gate travel agency but confirmed I am eligible for full refund due to airline cancellation.

How reliable is this for domestic flights? Literally just booked and looked at the reviews after. Help!!

I booked my tickets and was waiting for tickets. They instead emailed me cancellation of bookings and is saying they will deduct $75. Dont know why they cancelled.
they did the same to me on a ticket that I booked on Wednesday. still waiting for the refund but they said that they will refund the whole amountdid they refund you the money?