Disappointed

DisappointedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Vacuum broke after approx 10 uses

I bought a Paws and Claws Hoover vacuum, was left unopened for the first 4 months, used it a dozen times and now will not turn on. Was told that i should've bought a more expensive machine if i wanted it to last longer and that i should just buy another one.

Store LocationGepps Cross
John K

John KGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Vacuum and bad customer service from Area manager

Bought a $599 Hoover Vortex from them and it is broken in 1 month time, it is obviously happens a lot if you research online. Ask the area manager to call me back but never receive his call. The salesperson in store is not friendly and not helpful at all. Very regret not doing any research and just walked into Godfreys, was thinking they are expert but they are not, just pushy salesperson. I wish I can give 0 or negative star.

Incorrect advice about repair

I took my dyson stick vacuum for repair. I was told by the salesman it was the battery but unfortunately they cant be replaced. He then tried to sell me another cleaner. After speaking with dyson I was told this is not true and now have a new battery. I certainly would not buy anything from godfreys in the future. That was just a lie.

Store LocationMorphett Vale
Vicki

I know exactly what the salesman said. He said 'Unfortunately these batteries cannot be replaced'. Also spoke to a different salesman in the same store. He said 'I would have told you the same thing'. Something very wrong here

Liz

LizGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great customer service

Purchased my new Hoover Allergy from Greensborough store. Rohit gave expert advice and knowledge about all the vacuum cleaners he suggested would suit our needs. Very friendly gentleman. Excellent service.

Store LocationGreensborough Victoria
Chris A.

Chris A.South East Queensland, QLD

Where is the service

We purchased Hoover Quickstick several years ago. We need a small replacement part. We've been three weeks without a vac so have cancelled and will get one elsewhere. Saleswoman so pushy here!

Store LocationCarindale
Katie

KatieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible vaccum and customer service

Store LocationMount Ommaney
Jofre

JofrePerth, WA

Extremely bad service!

I attended Success store middle of February looking for a “stick vacuum “ for my daughters birthday. I have used Godfreys many times and have been very satisfied. I was “attended” to by the most beligerant young lady who was so rude and obnoxious and clearly was not interested in serving me.
There was nobody else in the store but she really couldn’t be bothered.
I will go to another Godfreys store to purchase what I want and hope for the best,
But I felt very strongly about leaving my complaints.
Thankyou Mrs H.J.Fairclough

kazza

kazzaSydney, NSW

hoover vortex pro is useless and not worth the money

bought this hoover vortex stick vac for $599 and its weak and useless.spend all my time cleaning and emptying it.tried to get a refund but was 4 weeks out of timeframe so now stuck with it and get this they offerered me $20 as a trade in for a 4mth old $600 vaccuum when i enquired about a cheaper different type what a joke!!!

Godfrey G.Godfreys

Hoover Ultra Power 2 in 1 cordless stick - 2 failures within a year. No refund from Godfreys

Purchased a Hoover Ultra Power 2 in 1 cordless stick vacuum on 13 April 2019. Product failed twice in less than a year (14/7/19 Roller-head stopped functioning, 8/2/20 Unit stopped charging). No refund beyond 10 days from purchase is possible due to Godfrey's very poor refund policy even though i've lost faith in the product's long term functionality. Beware purchases from Godfreys.

Store LocationCastle Hill Godfreys
Shaz81
Shaz81

Hi Shaz81,
The refund conditions are on the counters at all stores, on the bottom of your receipt and on our website.

Piper S.

Piper S.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Hoover Performer Plus Robot Vacuum - Waste of Money

Maruti Das

Maruti DasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service and product knowledge

I went in looking for Dyson stick vacuums but spoke to Ramila at the Carindale Store. She showed me a few options and explained why I should instead buy a Wertheim Evolution stick vacuum as it's better priced, the specifications are better and so is the build quality. My wife and I went to JB to check out the Dyson just to keep our options open and were pleasantly surprised with the information and honest opinion provided by Ramila. Money well spent and great customer service. Thanks

Store LocationGodfreys Carindale
Mrs. M

Mrs. MSydney, NSW

Excellent service

Store LocationAuburn
Paul

PaulPerth, WA

Hoover Quick Stick Vacuum Cleaner

Satisfactory vacuum for small unit or a handy extra for bigger house. As the main vacuum cleaner for me I regret my purchase and wished I had researched my options better.

Very Poor Customer Service

It 12 days to deliver only part of my order. When I called to complain I was told to wait 24-48hrs to see if second part arrives. They basically blamed the couriers, however I have paid for products but I have still not received. When I requested a refund I was told this was not possible without investigation and I should ring back. These guys seem to be very poor with online orders compared to many other suppliers both small and large companies I would not recommend Godfreys at all.

Debbie

Daniel Q.Sydney, NSW

Area manager was abusive

Store LocationNarellan

Frank TusonPerth, WA

Hoover Vibrabrush - only worked once.

Took our Vibrabrush shampooer back to Godfrey's after 9 days. Only got to use it once and then the Vibra brush seized up.
After only having it 9 days i expected an exchange. Nope. Godfrey's have to send it to their repair center for evaluation. Up to 2 weeks. Great when you have family coming and you want your carpets clean. Should have bought it from another Retailer who offers exchange for faulty units. This will be a major consideration for future purchases.

Frank Tuson

I understand your warranty process. It seems at odds with other major retail stores who will replace immediately after an inspection.
Thank you for letting me know that our machine is now ready for collection.
Kind regards

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer service Hoover React

We purchased a Hoover React for $650.00 and have had quite a few issues with it. I have written another product review which highlighted my frustration with not only the product but customer service.

After speaking to Shannon on the phone, she was very easy going and offered her assistance with products if needed.

I would suggest calling if you have any issues and not dealing with it through email.

Shannon was lovely to deal with. Our problem has been resolved since the first initial review.

It’s 4 stars and not 5, because I feel Godfrey’s needs more stores and less franchises. The franchises seem to stock a larger variety and we can’t use vouchers at franchises.

Scott

ScottSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thank You!!!

Just got home from Godfreys Mt Gravatt, and am compelled to write this review immediately. A very big thank you to Belinda and Michael for removing my daughter’s firmly lodged headphones from my Dyson brush bar / cleaner head. They would not accept any money that I offered for this immediate repair, and even provided me with unsolicited important routine maintenance advice. Good people - the world needs more of them!

Store LocationMt Gravatt

Great Service from David and Michael at Mt Gravatt QLD

So impressed with the level of service I received at the store, from calling the store and speaking with Michael whom gave me options to bring my Hoover into the store for them to look at, to having David, solve my issue and clean and replace my filter and now my hoover is working 100 percent again. Thank you David and Michael for the great service. Just amazing David, it only cost me $29.00 to fix my Hoover.

Store Locationmt gravatt qld
Customer S.Godfreys

michelle perry

michelle perryasked

WHY
Would you leave my vacuum in the service depot when it was finished on Friday and you shut the repair service down on Monday afternoon you don’t care you do have a shop at the front off where you closed down that it could be put at I’m not HAPPY at all
Michelle Perry 0425776641
I need my vacuum back to clean my house

Hi Michelle,
Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances with the COVID-19 outbreak our service centres have closed as per Government recommendation.
As discussed over the phone, we have escalated this for you to management to see if we are able to assist you with a temporary solution until the service centres re-open.

Hi Michelle,
We have been advised that the Area Manager has been in contact with your directly and has resolved this for you.
If you experience and further issues or require any further assistance please feel free to contact us on 1800 815 270.

Lisa

Lisaasked

Online Store

What do you sell in your store for.$6.61. My card was tried to be used and declined on your website today. Can you tell me who tried to use it?

Hi Lisa,
Unfortunately this is not something we are able to disclose.
This would need to be investigated by your bank and police.

Alicia44

Alicia44asked

So I ordered online and still Have not gotten mY confirmation email! Is this standard or do the take ages to come.

i bought in store. i feel Godfreys prudes themselves one CS. So I would give them a call and chase.

Hi Alicia,
Please give us a call on 1800 815 270 and we will be happy to look into this for you.
We would also recommend checking your junk mail folder as our emails do sometimes end up there.
The Godfreys Team

Get an answer from our members and Godfreys representatives

Other Appliance Retailers