Good2Go Travel Insurance

Good2Go Travel Insurance

Pre trip review

This review is a pre-trip review.....The application was simple and clear. Will do a follow up review upon return from trip. Good value policy. Easiest policy purchase to date. Cheers Ad

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAsia
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Claim MadeNo

Easy claim process

My son had a medical issue while in Bali and we had to delay flying home. When we got back I submitted our claim online and 2 weeks later it had been dealt with and we had been paid. They didn't even ask for more information. Easy, quick, no fuss process.

Insurance Cover For:Child
DestinationAsia
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Terrible when making a claim

Used good2go because they had the cheapest travel insurance. But when I made a claim for cancelled flights, all of the evidence I provided was "insufficient", including a letter from the airline, unused boarding passes and credit card statements. They also were very slow with their email communication and extremely unhelpful

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Fran, I sincerely apologise for the service you expierenced. I would like to investigate this further to determine what has occurred. Could you please email your policy number and the above comment to enquiries@good2gotravelinsurance.com.au and I will investigate what has occurred. Alternatively please private message. Kind Regards, Elliott Travel Insurance Manager Good2Go Travel Insurance

Rubbish website

Couldn't fill in the countries easily, there was no drop down menu or search function, and when you attempt to search the box becomes blank!

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi KJB, We apologise for the issues you were experiencing on our website. This was unfortunately a technical issue affecting some browsers. I am happy to let you know the site is operational again as of late yesterday. We hope you have secured your Travel Insurance, if not Good2Go would be happy to provide you a quote https://www.good2gotravelinsurance.com.au/ Kind Regards Good2Go Travel Insurance

Customer service officer obstructed claim

I recommend against purchasing a Good2Go travel insurance policy. The customer service person I spoke to when attempting to lodge a claim for dental treatment after accidentally chipping a tooth was vague and failed to explain whether I was covered under the policy. She failed to explain the basics of lodging a claim and referred to ‘the report’ without explaining what said report was. The lack of basic knowledge of this employee and her lack of empathy and customer service focus was apparent. Ultimately I did not lodge a claim as the process was convoluted and I had no confidence in the ability of staff to assist me in processing a claim in a timely manner. The next time I travel overseas I will be looking to other insurers who value their customers more.

Easy navigation of website

Straightforward process to get insurance when I left it nearly too late. I clarified the existing health problems and found I didn't need anything extra so I booked the insurance. It was competitive and I left feeling much better.

Confusing policy conditions/clauses

Before taking out travel insurance I tried to get a clarification of whether I would be covered for the cost of a return flight from the UK to Australia if I missed my Qantas flight due to the late arrival of my Jet 2 flight from the Canary Islands. I.e If I missed my connection through no fault of my own. The PDS exclusion D14 seems to say that I would not be covered BUT the PDS clause G4 seems to contradict this.
After spending some time trying to get a clarification from the representative it was still unclear and the "standard" answer was that they can't/won't comment on hypothetical cases. These clauses seem to be the same on other insurance companies conditions. Very frustrating! My interpretation is that If I missed my connection I would have to try to get the Airline at fault to pay for the UK/Aus return flight. If they would Not pay then Good2 go might pay such a claim. Not much fun if I was stuck in the Uk trying to resolve this at the airport and trying to decide whether to cough up the cost for a return flight or try to haggle with the airlines and good2go and get a decision.
I decided to go with Good2go as all other insurers seem to have the same clauses and lack of clarity. Fingers crossed that this scenario does not occur.

BAD Customer Service

I recently purchased a long-term Good 2 Go travel insurance only because of the Choice recommendations.
3 days ago I sent them a query relating the Product Disclosure Statement. I asked them if it's possible to post the PDS directly to my postal address instead of emailing it. I am yet to receive a response from them ...despite emailing the same query 2nd time.
I am a frequent traveller and used other insurance providers before their response was always pretty much immediate. I have never had an experience with other insurance companies taking so long to respond to their NEW customer!!!

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Insurance claim madeNo

$A100 just to assess pre-existing health conditions? Am I reading this right?

Was impressed by Choice review and all ready to go until I discovered that they charge $100 to assess existing health conditions. Was prepared for increased premium but this seems over the top. No one else seems to impose this additional charge so will look elsewhere.

Insurance claim madeNo

Great Company highly recommend for snow holiday insurance

As many who purchase travel insurance, you never really know how good a company is until something goes wrong. I cannot fault Good 2 Go! We had to make a claim after having to cut our trip short. Not only did they refund our medical and pharmacy bills they also refunded unused ski lift passe we had purchased. I would highly recommend this company to any who are looking a travel insurance especially if going skiing.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Pab, Thanks for your great feedback. We're always eager to hear stories like yours, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience. Kind Regards, Good2Go Travel Insurance

Best value for heaps of extras

I have a very bad experience with another popular provider when my son got sick 2 days before our trip and lost close to $6k so after that I spent hours comparing policies, limits to covers etc using pds descriptions etc. this came out far superior and cheaper, so have had last 3 trips with them. Thankfully no claim at this stage so hopefully they would pull through here too!

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Rozzie, Thanks for taking the time to share your review! Kind Regards, Good2Go Travel Insurance

Not at all helpful when you need them most.

Very disappointed. Decided to try a new insurance company- regret decision. Called company to discuss what was covered. Asked if injury as a result of snow sport was covered & was told it was an unlimited dollar amount. Paid extra. Purchased insurance. Unfortunately injury occurred on second to last day of holiday, surgery required & they would not cover it as we had scans & second opinion back in Australia after being told in the US that all was clear. Policy wording means that no matter what, injury occurred during the policy dates would not be covered even though injury occurred overseas during policy dates. This information can't be known until injury actually occurs & you ask for help & all they do on the claims line is recite policy wording at you which basically tells you that you're a sucker & paid money for nothing. The only way we could have had medical paid for was to have it all overseas which means have a doctors appontment with refferal, X-rays, ultra sound, follow up doctors appointment, book in for surgery, have surgery then surgery recovery all that same day. Impossible. Wishing we stayed with our old insurer & now we are stuck, out of work, thousands of dollars in surgery & not $1 can be claimed to surgery or recovery because it happened on the second to last day of cover. Gutted. Stuck. Disappointed. In total disbelief. Loss of wages works out to average of $80 per week over 5 weeks. Absolutely played by an insurance company who only cares about money & ensures wording protects them from helping people like us who thought we were doing the right thing, trusted them, thought we were protected under their policy but arent.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi, Thank you for providing your feedback. I’d like to look into this matter for you. Would you be able to Private Message your policy number and I will contact you today to discuss further. Kind Regards, Elliott Pringle Direct To Consumer Manager - Travel InsuranceHi, I'd appreciate you looking into this further. Are you able to private message me so that I can reply. I can't seem to compose a private message to you. Thanks.

Made payment - no confirmation email!

I entered all my details for six months cover, listing all the countries i would travel to and proceeded to make payment. Once my credit card information was entered i was promptly redirected to their home page. I did not see any form of acceptance or completion of my application. I then expected to get a confirmation email... that never came. I considered the fact it was a Friday and maybe i would not get an email until Monday as they don't work on the weekends, however still nothing. Not only had i entered my credit card, but also personal information onto this website. I think my concern for who may have access to said information was justified, especially with scams a fraud becoming a major issue for many people.

I then decided to call the company, the wait to talk to someone was tolerable, however all the agent could tell me was to check my bank details to see if money had been taken out. She searched for my name and said that i didn't have a policy active with them either. Her only advice was to then go back to the website and try again. I am not sure if i really want to have to deal with the uncertainty again, as well as making me nervous if i do have to claim anything.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Tamara, Thank you for the time taken to provide your feedback and I apologise for the issue you encountered. I'd like to look into this matter for you as it has just been brought to my attention. I can assure you that this does not normally occur and I would like to investigate further to ensure it does not occur again. If you could private message me with your full name I will look into this immediately for you. Kind Regards, Elliott Pringle Direct To Consumer Manager

Not at all helpful when it comes to pre exisitng medical conditions

I completed the steps to get a quote for a policy & when it comes to pre-existing medical conditions you need to call them, which takes you through to AIG, the service assistant I got on the phone was very condescending as & could not understand how the payment would work for an administrative charge of $100, which would be applicable if the report was created, however I am only at the stage of requiring a quote, I advised that I have looked at several policies already from the choice recommended list & that some policies will also add on an extra premium, so I was asking if this would be the case, the person on the phone kept repeating the same thing over again without answering my questions, I ended up hanging up the phone politely. I would not recommend this company to anyone, based on the poor service provided by their underwriter & the difficulty which will be encountered by anyone with a pre-existing medical condition, which is terrible as they have such a high rating from Choice

Entering details

I could not enter my address as it normally appears. The online form would not accept / or - . My address is normally written as 2/12-16 English St so had to modify so it could be accepted. Otherwise all good.
Cheers,
Neil Thomas

Insurance claim madeNo

Surprised to say the least

Couldn't use the website, clumsy way of listing countries visited, form didn't work for me, so rang, no one to take call, message offered a call back, a week later and I am still waiting....

Great Aussie Insurance Company

This is the third travel insurance policy that I have taken out with Good2Go. Their policies are easy to set up, excellent value and cover all of the necessary items that a traveller requires.

Good2Go Came Through For Us

Senior travellers who had to cancel a trip close to departure due to a family illness. Been travelling overseas regularly for 20 years with no claims..Filled out the claim forms we downloaded, posted them off and were surprised to be sent a list asking for further information that included requests for items that we had already sent which made us suspicious. However, after supplying all information our claim was settled about 2 weeks later. The Good2Go operation is part of a US AIG parent company so we were not really annoyed by the additional information required as these days there are lots of scams and scams work both ways.
We bought the policy on the net and the claims process was followed through on the net. No phone calls at all. Will use Good2Go next trip. Travel insurance is expensive for healthy seniors. No more multi trip policies for us as we are now forced to take out individual trip insurance which is unfair in our opinion for fit and healthy senior travellers.

Insurance claim madeYes

Incorrect Insurance Certificate - Can't get basics right!!

On 11th Dec afternoon, I bought travel insurance on line with good2go insurance for my daughter travelling to India tomorrow. After filling in the correct details and making the payment I received the insurance certificate via email and I was horrified to see that many regions and countries such as China, Russia and Ireland were listed on the certificate but not India where my daughter was travelling to!! I immediately rang the customer service number and the customer service person said that there is a fault in the system and that he is unable to correct the insurance certificate but will send us an email to say that the certificate is valid for travel to India. No email was received for nearly 2 hours. We rang customer service again and waited for more than 30 minutes but no one answered the phone. Precious time wasted in trying to correct an error made by the company. This is shocking that they can't get even the basics right!! What hope have we got with this company which can't even get its online system to issue the correct certificate? We buy travel insurance for peace of mind and when you get a shock even before you have started your travel, there can be no peace of mind!! I have been also in touch with Customer Service Manager and nearly 24 hours later, I am still waiting for the correct certificate even though they say that I am covered for the trip and have apologised. My point is that when I buy insurance on line, I expect to receive the correct certificate and I should not have to waste my precious time chasing the company for the correct certificate!! Shocking!!

Insurance claim madeNo

Peace of mind always good value over the years .

Easy and straight forward set up , I have used Good to Go many times and its always seemed good value ,I always feel secure when I travel that I've chosen the right cover for my needs when I'm away from Australia .