Goodtel

• Adequate Speeds Yes (24) · No (0)
Daniel

DanielSydney, NSW

Great speeds, quick service

I just signed on a week ago and it has been great!

Activation was only about a 3 day wait and the only issue with connection was from my end. Turns out Telstra locks its modems (nice wastage!) so if you are swapping from them you will need to grab your own or get one through Goodtel.

I also like feeling good that my bill is helping a charity!

Highly recommended!

Damien G.Goodtel

Great to read you are happy with our service Daniel and thank you for taking the time to write a positive review. Welcome to the Goodtel community and we look forward to doing even more good thanks to you joining.

Problems sorted out

I left a bad review last time as we were having internet trouble for a while. But thanks for the help of Damien and Chelzy from the tech support who patiently listened to our complaints and gave advice, it is all working now :)

Start DateDecember 2020
Damien G.Goodtel

Hi KoDan. I am very sorry to hear of your experience. I have left a message on your mobile to contact me so I can assist. Please contact me at your convenience so I can ensure the issue gets resolved for you.

Damien G.Goodtel

Hi KoDan. Great to see the issue was resolved and thank you for taking the time to update your review, that is very kind of you and greatly appreciated.

Damien is a legendary

I had written a bad review which I am struggling to remove thanks to Damien Gould, he took the time to call and explain/breakdown to me the process and also when it came time for the actual NBN connection he stayed on the phone to listen in and make sure everything worked before he left...I am very happy with Goodtel

Start DateOctober 2020
Contract Type24-month contract

Charan

CharanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wonderful service- flawless connection

I'd like to commend Damien and the team for the extraordinary customer service. My NBN switch was smooth with almost no down time and was timed to perfection to ensure I wasn't billed another month by my exisiting provider. The NBN connection is reliable and achieves higher than marketed speeds. Best of all Goodtel is a social enterprise that lets you support a charity of your choice. 6 stars

ZaideesRainbowFoundation

ZaideesRainbowFoundationGoulburn Valley, VIC

Great service and yes they have save my charity money.

Zaidee's Rainbow Foundation - As a Charity we are always seeking the best deals to save money. When I was contacted by Goodtel I was very skeptical about how they could save the Charity money. After they reviewed my Telstra Bill they came back with a good saving plan. Now four months in, the savings has been half on what I was paying via Telstra and sometime less. I would highly recommend any business to review their bills with Goodtel and save money as we have. Very happy with the service. also when I was with Telstra, we had drop out everyday via their modem during covid, and now with Goodtel not one drop out via their system. Allan Turner Managing Director.

Start DateJuly 2020
Bec

BecGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent service and a good cause

Great connection and speed. Excellent customer support that goes above and beyond. The extra bonus is they are a social enterprise and give a per centage of profits back to charities.

Start DateApril 2015
Contract Type12-month contract
Claire W.

Claire W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect internet, excellent customer service, positive social impact

Fast, reliable internet that saw me through four months of Zoom calls while working from home in lockdown. Outstanding customer service - they are highly responsive via phone and email, patiently explained to me the difference between a modem and a router, and even gave me tips about how to responsibly reuse or recycle my router when I moved house. They also donate 50% of profits to charity. Done deal.

Damien G.Goodtel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Claire. We were very happy to assist you and we loved the fact you asked about how to be environmentally responsible with your router. Best of luck with the move.

Mike

MikeSydney, NSW

Great Mobile and NBN Service

The best customer service and communication in the game. I switched both my mobile and home NBN over to Goodtel and it was both smooth an easy. I would recommend Goodtel for anyone looking to jump outside of standard annoying major company NB or Mobile service you won't regret it.

Contract Type12-month contract
Damien G.Goodtel

Some very kind words there Mike. Thank you for the 5 stars and for the recommendation, we really appreciate it.

Ben.L

Ben.LCanberra Central 2601, ACT

The Go-To Good Cause ISP

Pros:
- Donate profits to good causes.
- The speed averages around 41.8 mbps tested on different days on speedtest.net. On most days it does hit 45 mbps as advertised.
- The average ping for the game I play (Overwatch) is 24ms.
- The start and end date is exact which made signing up and switching very easy.
- Never experienced drop outs.

Cons:
- Expensive compared to many other ISPs
- Very short promotion

Start DateSeptember 2020

Rez

RezVictoria

Great NBN service, even better customer support!

While everyone is complaining about their NBN these days we never had an issue with our NBN100 plan! GoodTel provided us with a great service, communication and support. Looking forward to start our SIP telephone service with them soon too

Start DateApril 2020
Damien G.Goodtel

So happy to see you have had a great experience Rez and we too are looking forward to helping you transfer the rest of your services over too.

Matthew Riley

Matthew RileyGoulburn Valley, VIC

Awesome plans great value for money easy to deal with great coverage lots of data they donate money to a cause of your choice the network is Telstra great service

Start DateOctober 2020
Damien G.Goodtel

Thanks for the 5 stars Matthew. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review and good to see you have had a good experience with Goodtel.

Open R.

Open R.Sydney, NSW

Bills that feel good!

We have had such great experience with Goodtel, since moving our phones to the hosted service from an office based PBX, we have found the system much more reliable and our internet speeds are faster than ever before! It also feels great to know we are helping HeartKids as a result of switching to Goodtel

Start DateJuly 2020
Damien G.Goodtel

Thanks Open R. We really appreciate the 5 stars. Great to hear the hosted phone system and internet are working so well and you're enjoying the feeling of giving back via your phone bill.

Camilla

CamillaSydney, NSW

Win Win!

The Social Outfit is extremely satisfied with the services provided by Goodtel. It is really a win-win for us. The switch to NBN was quick, easy and seamless. Better than I could have ever imagined. The customer support is amazing and the company gives back to other charities working in areas that we too support. Its perfect and I cannot think of any reason not to switch over to Goodtel. Looking forward to seeing how this company grows, so that their give back program can also grow!

Contract Type24-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data
Damien G.Goodtel

Thanks for taking the time to write the review Camilla, we really appreciate it. Love seeing you're so happy with our service and giving back to our charity partners.

Mitchell H.Launceston, TAS

Excellent Customer Service, Network Service and Cost - with added peace of mind!

Data TypeCapped Data
Mitchell H.

No worries. Keep it up! :)

Dillon BM

Dillon BMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would you like a side of Social Conscious with your NBN?

You don't normally actively think about your telco, it's something you usually set and forget out of necessity, but Goodtel actually give you something good to think about. Goodtel deliver the NBN in a customer forward and socially conscious package for market-competitive prices. My small issue was resolved by their technical support team straight away and they are greatly responsive on social media. I would recommend Goodtel to anyone looking at connecting a new NBN service.

Start DateApril 2020
Damien G.Goodtel

Thanks Dillon, we really appreciate the kind words and love reading you are so happy with the service. We look forward to continuing to provide you something good to think about with your telco.

BrCon

BrConHobart, TAS

Absolutely perfect and amazing service!

I've been a customer of Goodtel since they launched, and only have good things to say about the service.

Their internet speeds are as advertised, and their customer service is better than any of their competitors I've ever come across. It's also nice knowing that my fees each month not only support a new Australian business, but also support a charity that I'm passionate about.

I recommend Goodtel to all of my friends and would encourage anyone who's thinking about swapping to do so. You're not going to come across a more ethically sound and reasonably priced service on the market.

Damien G.Goodtel

Hi BrCon. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We love reading you have had a great nbn experience with us and thanks for recommending us to your friends.

Jacob B.

Jacob B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

ISP with heart.

I started following Goodtel a few months before they had service available in my area, purely because the idea of part of my internet bill going to a not for profit organisation each month was really cool!
Every step of the sign-up process was a breeze, and my NBN installation was hassle free.
I have used other Telco companies like Optus and Telstra, and neither have treated me as well as Damien from Goodtel! 10/10

Damien G.Goodtel

Thanks for the 5 stars Jacob and for taking the time to give us a review, we really appreciate it. We love reading that you think the idea behind Goodtel is cool, we couldn't agree more. Thanks for supporting us and helping us make it happen.

Kevin

KevinSydney, NSW

Perfect - Why would you use anyone else?

Goodtel has been fantastic since I switched to them. The switch itself was quick and seamless, easily the simplest and easiest telco experience I've had.
You get a top quality NBN service (i run speedtest and my service quality has vastly improved), at very competitive prices, and on top of that half of all profits go to good causes. So just by signing up with Goodtel I'm now helping to support ChildFund which is amazing.
Seriously, I don't know why you'd use anyone else? Very highly recommended.

Damien G.Goodtel

Thanks for taking time out to write a review Kevin, we really appreciate it. We're happy to read you're getting such good speeds and that you're experiencing how easy it is to help out great charity partners like ChildFund.

JadeTZI

JadeTZIIllawarra, NSW

Fantastic Company - cannot fault them.

Goodtels Service has been super reliable and I no longer experience any dropouts since moving from Optus, even with the extra load from everyone being in lockdown. Customer service is fantastic - always dealing with someone in their local office or emails are replied to straight away.
I also love the fact that 50% of my bill goes to my chosen charity - Sleepbus - Not only is this company doing right by the consumer, but they are also giving back to the community.

Damien G.Goodtel

Very happy to read that you have seen an improvement in your service since switching to Goodtel Jade. Thanks for switching to us and taking the time to write such a great review, we really do appreciate it.

Karl T.

Karl T.Sydney, NSW

A great service, with real meaning!

We connected to Goodtel for our home phone service; quality and customer service is simply outstanding. Great to also know that by using Goodtel, we're also supporting worthwhile causes through choosing them.

Start DateAugust 2019
Damien G.Goodtel

Thanks for the 5 stars Karl and for taking the time to write a review for us.

MWS

MWSasked

Goodtel

What sort of customer base does Goodtel have compared to many of the leading companies?

CRH
CRH

I'd have no idea, but I'd guess that these days, many people are looking to choose companies that are trying to do good in the world and be socially responsible, not just be all about pure profit for shareholders. Goodtel would certainly appeal to those people and that's the reason I chose them anyway. More than ever, the world need us to think about more than just ourselves.

Damien G.Goodtel

Hi MWS. Goodtel is a start up telco that has been created to provide a range of everyday telco products whilst being a unique way for our customers to help others and protect the planet at no cost to them. Goodtel has only been available to the public since late 2019. Our founder has been in the telco industry for 25 years and has assisted in the creation of many other telco businesses so whilst Goodtel is new, the foundations and experience from which it is built upon are not. Goodtel is our simple way of putting that experience to good use. So, to answer your question, as a relatively new entrant we don't have tens of thousands of customers but we're growing at a manageable rate. We use the Vocus network who have hundreds of thousands of users on their network and every customer that has joined us has stayed so we're confident in the performance of our service. There are no contracts, no set up fees and we have a full money back guarantee if you're not happy in the first 14 days. So if you're looking for a telco that values its customers whilst also looking to make a difference with your everyday purchases feel free to give us a try.

Get an answer from our members and Goodtel representatives

Other Internet Service Providers