Google Store

Google Store

1.4

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (4) · No (12)

Don't buy from Google

Disgusting service from a multinational corporation. Didn't even know I successfully bought an item online as I received no confirmation in any form. 3 1/2 months later they withdrew money from my account for the item. Still no contact regarding purchase from Google. No estimated delivery, no invoice, nothing. You can't even contact Google by email or phone on the Google store, you just get taken to a page of useless answers. I will be contacting the ombudsman about this. Abysmal service from Google. This store needs to be shutdown.

Product PurchasedGoogle Chromecast with Google TV
Ruby

RubyHunter Region, NSW

Unimpressed with Online Store

Love the Pixel 4a phone! Extremely disappointed with the Google Online Store service. Had to wait a month for delivery. Contacted store to find out reason for delay. No one contacted me!

Bought two more of the same phone from a notable office store and received order in two days. To add insult to injury upon found we were hit with a $17.97 AUD+Foreign Fee.

Tam

TamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They make it near impossible to return a faulty item

So far severeal emails have been sent for me to authenticate who I am, I have spent 2 hours on the phone and still got nowhere. Never ever again will I purchase from the Google online store. They are trying to tell my my email isnt linked to my order.?? How else did I order then? I have supplied the product serial number and the order number and still no luck. All this for a swap over of a faulty Google nest they sent me. Absoluely ridiculous.

Product PurchasedGoogle Nest Mini

Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow

Deceivers. They win competition from other sellers by claiming quickest delivery options. Which they don't meet.

I wanted Pixel 5 so I filtered some web results. Out of top 3, I choose Google store as it promised for quickest delivery (3 days & no fee). Little did I know that the no-charge delivery was going to get my phone stuck in transit for more than 2 weeks which required chasing with the courier company and eventually getting it to re-courier on my own cost.
Google support has no option to assist you with that. So, in a way it was very deceptive of Google to take a lead for securing a purchase by telling a lie about delivery speed which other vendors would have done the job with sincerity and honesty.

Product PurchasedGoogle Pixel 5

Terrible customer support, avoid

Tried to return something under the "return anything in 14 days" policy. I never got sent the return labels, what a nightmare! 5 hours and countless chat sessions and emails later, I've given up. Life's too short, I'll sell it on ebay and take a $20 hit rather than go through the pain of their terrible low quality outsourced support any longer.

I'd recommend avoiding this and buying at places that have decent customer service and integrated, working returns processes.

MarkMelbourne

MarkMelbourneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overseas transaction fees at AU google store!!

The AU google store deceptively charges you from overseas, so you get hit with foreign transaction fees by your bank. I got stung $18 on my phone purchase - would have no fees at Officeworks. I asked and was refused a refund. I expected better from a company as smart and profitable as google.

Product PurchasedGoogle Pixel 4a
Sean R.

Sean R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor customer Service! Faulty Product!!!

Bought a Google Nest HUB from the google store in June and it has been restarting automatically everyday for the past few months. Reported the issue first weeks of Sep and the replies/service has been appalling.

They have been going back and forth for the SN. And asking for a receipt when I mentioned n times that I bought it through the Google store using my Google account.

Still no resolution. They have diagnostic data, but want videos etc to resolve it. Am not gonna sit in front of a system whole day waiting for it to restart and to record the same.

Absolute poor customer service and product support.

Product PurchasedGoogle Nest Hub Max
Corbachov

Corbachov

The Google Store is a ripoff.

At no point on the Google store site does it tell it's Australian customers that despite pricing in Australian dollars, and offering free delivery, your transaction will be done overseas. This no doubts reduces their tax bill but opens the customer up to international transactions from their bank. In my case, 3%. I will try to get it back through the CBA, but don't like my chances. This should be illegal. If you quote Australian dollars, it should be a local transaction.

Product PurchasedGoogle Pixel 4a

The WORST Online Retailer

Find out how Google Store compares to other Online Shops

Bought a Pixel 4 XL from Google Store Worst Experience EVER!! Do not buy from Google Store!!

I bought a Pixel 4 XL from the Australia Google Store, it came pretty quickly which was good but it went all downwards from there. My phone was a demo phone which means it was used as a demo by a retailer and cannot be used by owners and in the box everything else other than the phone was missing, charger, earphones and quick switch adapter.

I just paid over $1200 for this phone and I get a dirty looking box with a phone I cannot use and missing all accessories. It actually feels like I have been scammed and its from the official Google Store.

This is just unacceptable from any retailer especially from Google.

milo

milo

Worst company

I purchased doors almost 2 months ago and I've yet to receive. They have given me lie after lie regarding the eta. They promise you the world to buy the product then they don't care.

Product PurchasedDoors

Faulty pixel 4, awful Google Support and international fees!

I preordered the pixel 4 and was so excited to receive it until when I realised it was faulty. Lines through the screen. Google Support were not helpful and it took a month for me to get my refund. Beware of international fees on purchase. Charged $40 and found the site deceiving as it looks like an Aus store. One Google Support worker said they would refund the fees as a courtesy but then they dedicated that from the amount I paid for the phone when it finally came through. I also had to chase up the refund. Terrible service. Will never buy from the Google store.

Neethan

NeethanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Google service

Google. I have Google account and it is blocked buy same one ..now I can't get back
It's say belongs to me
I yes with my bank card
And my mobile number
What Google not responding
To my request
I don't know what going on

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Google Store Australia process Australian Dollar credit card charges via UK so expect bank fees .

Had $10.40 in Bank fees on an Australian Google Online Store transaction charged by my bank on my CC. Found out Google process the AUD transaction via the UK so my bank charges offshore process fees as if it was FX. Only seen this on small company websites before that could not afford proper setup! Be aware of extra charges. Should have bought at JB HiFi as cheaper when fees included!

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Terrible service when there is an issue with phone

Bought a pixel 3 that stopped charging, was sent a replacement phone that had no volume. Kindly asked if I could be sent a new phone because of the issue I had with the previous refurbished replacement. Was told my request had been escalated - it has been 1 week and I still dont have a phone or an answer as to when I will get an answer. Have contacted customer support 3 times.

Product PurchasedGoogle Pixel 3

Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent after sales support

Product PurchasedGoogle Pixel 2
JSE

JSEKambah

Took a month to get the right replacement phone

Product PurchasedGoogle Pixel 3 XL 64GB

Not even worth 1 star. Will take your money and cancel your order. No refund

Not even worth 1 star. Will take your money and cancel your order. No refund and not even willing to reach an outcome. Remove your bank card details as soon and you can. They will charge you again.

Daniel Masters

Daniel MastersGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Expectations exceeded!

Product PurchasedGoogle Pixel 3 128GB

i purchased an item and couldnt get it

i purchased an item and it was a promotional thing where i entered a code and got the item for free through the google store link then it was delivered to the wrong address and returned to google wearhouse so i called and talked to them about resending my free gift for signing up on google drive that i ordered and all they could tell me was there was no way to get me my gift back once it was miss delivered. she talked too two people above her and they said there was nothing that could be done. all i could think was really this is GOOGLE right???? and theres nothing you can do... WOW. I had a different perception of google compared to other companies before this.. guess everything changes

Product PurchasedGoogle Home Mini
cavemanss51427
cavemanss51427

They did finally help me out